Friday 13 April 2018

38.16-Privacy is non-existent


Previously on the Smole, the final five had to solve a logic puzzle. However, points were only earned if Keith's answer matched the others'. Only 30/120 points were earned from the mission, making the pot 716/1160 points. The Mole is becoming more brazen. Can the others catch him in time? Or will they be out before they know it?


Morgan: "Ivy..."
Ivy: "Did I say you can enter my room?"


Morgan: "Ivy, please. I already apologised."
Ivy: "It isn't enough."


Morgan: "I am truly sorry I doubted you. You just reminded me of my late ex-fiancee."

Ivy: "What happened to her?"

Morgan: "She got into a tragic accident. She drove on a stormy night and her car skid off the road. I was devastated when I found out, but fortunately my current wife was with me."


Ivy: "Did you ever think she was responsible for Ada Fleming's death?"

Morgan: "I suspected it. But i have no proof, and she was by my side when I was most vulnerable."

Ivy: "So you married her."
Morgan: "No. It wasn't because of that."


Ivy: "Do you love her?"
Morgan: "Not as much as I love you."


Ivy: "Prove it. Prove it, and I will forgive you."

Morgan: "You want me to divorce her?"

Ivy: "If you can't bear to, I won't stop you from your family man duties."
Morgan: "No, I will do it. She was even more boring than Ada was. She was also such a bitch. It was only after marriage that I realised I had married a possessive shrew. There is no point in keeping a family I don't love."

Morgan: "But you give me excitement. Adventure. Wonder. You make my heart beat like never before. I love you, Ivy Waxes."
Ivy: "And you will be mine, and only mine."


Morgan: "Give me a chance to prove my love to you. Come over to my room. Our room."

Julie: "No! Don't listen to him, Ivy. You can't forgive him that easily. He's lying to you. I thought you hated him as much as I did!"

Morgan: "Were you eavesdropping?"
Ivy: "Drop it, Morgan. We are on a reality show. Privacy is non-existent."


Julie: "He is a big meanie. Do not be fooled. You do not want to be his mistress. Do not believe this lying, cheating cad."

Ivy: "She's right."
Morgan: "Ivy, don't listen to her."


Ivy: "I make my own choices. After this ends, who can guarantee you won't elope with your wife? How can I ensure you will divorce her and marry me?"


Morgan: "My words are recorded on TV. I will mark my eords."
Ivy: "I forgive you, Morgan. And i want to believe you. I have to protect myself first and foremost."

Morgan: "Ivy..."
Ivy: "I think we need some time to cool off."

Julie: "I am glad you listened to me. He is a cad. Do not trust him so easily. He was rude and tried to guilt trip me into staying. He called your dress ugly. He said I was a monkey in a suit. You cannot listen to a word he says."


Ivy: "And I'm supposed to listen to you, an MLM sheep?"


Julie: "I stopped selling them. Nobody here was interested."

Ivy: "Good."

Julie: "Do you really love him? You can't, you know."


Ivy: "I don't. In fact, I hate him."
Julie: "Huh? You do?"


Ivy: "Can you keep a secret?"

Julie: "Nobody truly likes me. All my friends are gone. I have nobody to spread it to even if I wanted."


Ivy: "My name isn't Ivy Waxes. It's Ada Fleming."

Ivy: "A few years ago, I was happily engaged to the man I loved. But someone was jealous. We hated each other and often fought, but he chose to stick by me...but not for long. That temptress succeeded in stealing his heart from me. Especially after she splashed acid on me, disfiguring me. He couldn't bear to look at me. I wasn't going to let her take his body as well."


Ivy: "One day, we agreed to meet. It was a stormy night, and she had wanted to meet at this place, which was far above sea level and had narrow, winding roads. I should have realised the trap. But I had to see what she was up to. She tampered with my brakes. I fell into the sea."


Julie: "Oh my gosh. No way."


Ivy: "Thankfully, I was rescued by a benevolent doctor. He was sympathetic and fully supported me. I underwent plastic surgery and changed my name. I was now Ivy Waxes. I returned in search of the cheater, only to realise that he had married that vixen. And that he had joined the Smole. So naturally, I signed up too. I had to get my revenge. I will steal Morgan right from under her nose, and I will make both their lives a living hell. Ada Fleming may have been a pushover, but not Ivy Waxes."


Julie: "That's...that's just terrible. I never knew he was that horrible. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. If you need anything, I will help you."

*
*
*



Abbie: "Not interested in royal politics? Let's talk about something else instead then. Medicine sounds really interesting. No wonder you study it."
Keith: "I don't like it. I don't hate it, but I don't like it either."



Abbie: "No way. Everyone chooses to study what they love when they can. Why would you be pursuing a degree in medicine if you don't like it?"



Keith: "Do you like selling health supplements?"



Abbie: "Well...not particularly. But it's good money--"
Keith: "But you still do it anyway."
Abbie: "Yes, because I can earn a lot of money."



Keith: "Do you really buy into that?"
Abbie: "Yes! Look at Carl."



Keith: "Tell me how many bottles you sold ever since you were introduced to it."




Abbie: "None...but that's because none of you wanted to buy from me. It's really good. And it's safe. You know it."


Keith: "I think I have a quiz I need to study for."



Abbie: "I'm sorry. Am I disturbing you? I'm not, right? If I was, you'd say something."
Keith: "Yes, actually. You are disturbing me."
Abbie: "Oh. I thought...then I'll leave first. Good luck."
Keith: "Mhm."



Keith: "I don't want to be so mean, but Abbie is really annoying. At least Julie understood, but Abbie is deluded. Does she really think what she's doing will benefit everyone in the world, even the poor? They're trapped, not liberated. It's saddening to see the poor try to fleece each other, only getting peanuts whereas those at the top of the chain truly benefit. Hopefully Abbie can pick up the hint. I dread conversing with her nowadays, worried she'll try to sell me something new."

*
*
*

Time for the quiz.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?

Q2: Name one contestant who is older than the Mole, if any.


Q3: Name one contestant who is younger than the Mole, if any.

Q4: In Mission 8, what was the Mole's role?


Q5: What did the Mole wear in Mission 8?

Q6: According to the correct solution, what was the Mole wearing in Mission 8?


Q7: According to Keith's solution, what object did the Mole have in Mission 8?

Q8: Who was directly behind the Mole in the line in Mission 8?


Q9: Which car did the Mole take after Mission 8?

Q10: Who is the Mole?

*
*
*




"Tonight, it is time for another contestant to leave the Smole. Be proud of yourselves for having come so far. Whose light will turn on first?"

















































































































































































































































































"Keith Summers, you are safe."











































































































































































































































































































































































































"Abbie Cielle Defghi, you are safe."




























































































































































































































































"Morgan Lowell, you are safe."


"Julie Kanzing, Ivy Waxes, one of you stays for at least one more mission, whereas the other will have their journey stopped here."























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































"Julie Kanzing, you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Julie: "What?"


Julie: "I should have quit while I had the chance. I honestly didn't enjoy my trip here. The scenery was nice but I prefer staying at home the entire day. I was constantly out of my comfort zone and it was too much. I didn't find friends here either. Wacthing the Smole is more fun than being part of it. I tried my best."


Ivy: "Only the dead can keep secrets. So while I am sad she's gone, one part of me is secretly happy. She was always rather withdrawn, but at least we can all say we tried."


Keith: "Julie was shy, so coming here must have taken a lot of courage. I think that in itself deserves a round of applause. It is always hard to let go of someone, especially when the numbers decrease, no matter how close you are to them. Sorry it had to he you, Julie."


Morgan: "I think both Julie and I agree that she has surpassed expectations. She made it further than she had expected to, and that's because she stayed on. If she had quit, she would not have known her potential. She should be proud."


Julie: "Thank you for having me here."
"Thank you for joining, Julie. We hope to see you soon."

Julie came alone, and now she leaves alone. The Smole was always a solitary game. But does the Mole work alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!