Tuesday 8 May 2018

39.02-You can't judge a book by its cover


In the first mission of the season, 20 fresh faces had to try and identify their fellow competitors based on their faces. They were then offered a chance to eliminate a few contestants from their list of suspects in exchange for all the points they had earned. Brittany, Carol, Christina, Clifford, Marc, Olesya, Ray, Sabrina and Trent took up the offer, so in the end 112/380 points were earned in the first mission. Some contestants now know who is not the Mole. But who IS the Mole?


Sabrina: "Hoo boy, it's my first ever confessional. This is something I had always dreamed of doing. I wonder how private it really is in here. Anyway, I came here to share my suspects. Then when I watch it home my friends and I can all see my journey. I decided to spend my points because I didn't expect to do very well and it seemed useful to eliminate. And it was. I now have information that others don't. And that makes me very valuable. I think after last season, the Mole is going to be even more brazen right from the start. That is why I'm looking at everyone who chose to exchange the points, as well as all those who did really badly. Like really Jerome? You couldn't get a single one right? But you can even sabotage before the start, by giving vague attributes. Venice likes winning and hates losing? Sounds like everyone who is here. Sheldon doesn't dislike anything? Hard to believe. That's all I have for now."


Jerome: "I was mesmerised by one particular face...and I got her name wrong. But now I know. Carol Losantos. I'm a Losanji, and she's a Losantos. It's like we're made for each other."


Lexi: "This mission was impossible to begin with. You can't judge a book by its cover. How were we going to be able to identify everyone based on the little we had to go on? Anyone who got a perfect score got it by luck. Or maybe they already knew who everyone was. But what I'm more upset about is how some of us chose to squander the pot just like that. It's only the first mission and if that's what they're going to do, to fritter the points away for some false hope and slim advantage, then I worry for the fate of the pot, and I do not want to win if I only get a few measly Simoleons."

*
*
*




Lexi: "OLESYA RICKSON!"


Olesya: "Aah!"


Olesya: "Don't do that."


Lexi: "Olesya, what the hell were you thinking? Wasting points to ask a question?"
Olesya: "It's worth it. Trust me. I now know more than you do."


Lexi: "Okay, then tell me what question you asked."
Olesya: "Why should I tell you?"


Lexi: "It's just the question. I'm not asking you for the answer."
Olesya: "True. I asked whether the Mole was Elvin Benavidez."


Lexi: "What? You've got to be kidding me. You chose to spend your points on a question like that? Of all questions, you asked that? Are you out of your mind?"


Olesya: "Hey, listen here granny. I do whatever I want with the points I earned."
Lexi: "Granny? Have you even seen Anne?"


Christina: "Clifford, right? You're a firefighter? That's really impressive."


Clifford: "It's nothing much."


Christina: "There's no need to be modest. It's way a big deal. You fight fires and save lives! And all that smoke cannot be good for you. You're really a hero, sacrificing yourself to save others."


Clifford: "Please, don't make me out to be so noble. It's my job. And I work with the rest of my team to put out fires."
Christina: "At least you have a job."


Clifford: "Don't give up. You'll find one eventually."
Christina: "Thanks for the vote of confidence. But it's unlikely. I hate the job-hunting process, especially the job interviews. I'm just not good at bullshit."


Christina: "I'm Christina by the way, if you didn't know yet."

*
*
*


Duncan: "I really need my daily fix of coffee."


Duncan: "Yikes!"


Duncan: "Good thing I wear glasses, or I would have gone blind."


Duncan: "At least I've got my coffee. I need it to go about my day."


Carol: "Wait, wait, wait...so you're telling me that you didn't want to be on the Smole?"
Anne: "No. I joined because one of the teachers in my school joined and did fairly well, so she returned with glory to a celebration that I wasn't fond of. She even came up with a proposal to convince the school board of the educational value of the Smole, and somehow they were convinced enough to send me as a rep to verify her claims."


Ray: "I'll share my info with you, but only if you form a coalition with me."
Elvin: "Hmm..."


Ray: "If you don't want to, it's fine. I'll just provide this information to someone who's more willing then."
Elvin: "Wait, I didn't say no."


Elvin: "Okay. Let's be in a coalition."
Ray: "Good choice."


Elvin: "I feel like I was bullied into this."
Ray: "Don't put it that way. If you really don't want to, it's okay."
Elvin: "No, I...you remind me so much of my son."


Ray: "Er...okay. So you want that question and answer or not?"

*
*
*


Venice: "Just go up to her already."

Jerome: "Huh? I'm not...not..."

Venice: "If you like her, just admit it and tell her."
Jerome: "But..."


Jerome: "She's out of my league. I mean, I'm not good-looking, I don't have a job and I have a pot belly."


Venice: "She may not care about all that."

Jerome: "She's an aesthetician. Her job is all about looking good. And what if she's the Mole? I can't fall in love with the enemy."

Venice: "Ugh. All I know is that if you don't seize the opportunity, you may lose it forever."


Sanrina: "Are you Casey Eughberton's husband?"

Reynard: "I am, but you are?"
Sabrina: "I saw her on Season 2 and Season 20. It's like I know her inside out. I completely gets how she feels."
Reynard: "Wow."
Sabrina: "Is she the reason why you joined?"


Reynard: "No. I joined because it was fun, and I finally managed to get enough time off work. It had nothing to do with her. Actually, we have separated."


Sabrina: "Oh no! Is it because of Kathleen?"
Reynard: "No...legally, we're still married, but we're just not living together at the moment."

Reynard: "Anyway, I gotta go."
Sabrina: "Where?"
Reynard: "Somewhere."


Reynard: "I imagined Sabrina to be much different. I expected her to be tough, quiet, badass. But she's like a squealing schoolgirl, just with a deep voice. It's so weird. You really can't judge a book by its cover."

*
*
*


Olesya: "You two are really cool. Not like some of the old grannies in this house."
Clifford: "It's a hot tub. Of course we've got to make full use of it."


Trent: "Cliff, you're such a gentleman. If you weren't here, I'd have gotten all over Olesya already."
Clifford: "And who's to say I won't do the same if you weren't here?"
Trent: "Ha! I like you, man."
Olesya: "Okay, I'm getting creeped out."
Clifford: "We're kidding. I'm just here to relax in the tub. Nothing more."


Trent: "I never thought I would ever get to enjoy the life of the rich, especially not after my falling out with Carl."


Trent: "I know what's on your minds. I'm a Shipley. I'm Carl Shipley's cousin. But I think 'stranger' is a better word. I hate that guy. He places money above all else and uses family to get richer. Has he never seen Lilo and Stitch? Does he not know what 'ohana' means? Thinking about him just makes my blood boil. I may be struggling to get by as a music producer, but I'm happy where I am and I ain't a jerk, so that's all that matters. I ain't him, yo, so don't lump the two of us together."

*
*
*


It is time for the first quiz of the season.



Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female



Q2: Is the Mole employed?
A: Yes
B: No



Q3: Does the Mole have dyed hair?
A: Yes
B: No



Q4: In Mission 1, whose photo was directly above the Mole's on the screen?
A: Anne Elizabethian
B: Brittany Power
C: Carol Losantos
D: Christina Euca
E: Clifford Sanchez
F: Duncan Lilly
G: Eileen Adorra
H: Elvin Benavidez
I: Flora Flowerina
J: Jerome Losanji
K: Lexi Washington
L: Marc Kopolo
M: Olesya Rickson
N: Ray Beyan
O: Regina Natalia Seix
P: Reynard Connors
Q: Sabrina Vandegroot
R: Sheldon Gaius Devinche
S: Trent Shipley
T: Venice Venezuela
U: Nobody



Q5: In Mission 1, whose photo was directly below the Mole's on the screen?
A: Anne Elizabethian
B: Brittany Power
C: Carol Losantos
D: Christina Euca
E: Clifford Sanchez
F: Duncan Lilly
G: Eileen Adorra
H: Elvin Benavidez
I: Flora Flowerina
J: Jerome Losanji
K: Lexi Washington
L: Marc Kopolo
M: Olesya Rickson
N: Ray Beyan
O: Regina Natalia Seix
P: Reynard Connors
Q: Sabrina Vandegroot
R: Sheldon Gaius Devinche
S: Trent Shipley
T: Venice Venezuela
U: Nobody




Q6: How many points could the Mole have earned in Mission 1?
A: 0
B: 2
C: 3
D: 4
E: 5
F: 7
G: 10
H: 11
I: 13
J: 16
K: 17
L: 19



Q7: In Mission 1, did the Mole exchange the points for a question?
A: Yes
B: No



Q8: What question did the Mole ask in Mission 1?
A: Does the Mole like blue?
B: Does the Mole have a dick?
C: Does the Mole have an 'r' in their first name?
D: Is the Mole Elvin Benavidez?
E: Is the Mole bespectacled?
F: Is the Mole blonde?
G: Does the Mole wear lipstick?
H: Does the Mole have a dark skin tone?
I: Is the Mole married, or has ever been married?
J: The Mole did not ask a question



Q9: How many points did the Mole earn at the end of Mission 1?
A: 0
B: 2
C: 3
D: 4
E: 5
F: 7
G: 10
H: 11
I: 13
J: 16
K: 17
L: 19



Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Anne Elizabethian
B: Brittany Power
C: Carol Losantos
D: Christina Euca
E: Clifford Sanchez
F: Duncan Lilly
G: Eileen Adorra
H: Elvin Benavidez
I: Flora Flowerina
J: Jerome Losanji
K: Lexi Washington
L: Marc Kopolo
M: Olesya Rickson
N: Ray Beyan
O: Regina Natalia Seix
P: Reynard Connors
Q: Sabrina Vandegroot
R: Sheldon Gaius Devinche
S: Trent Shipley
T: Venice Venezuela

Christina: "I wanted to try and follow the money, see who earned the least, but nowadays even that isn't reliable. When you have contestants who actively keep out points and Moles who work hard to bring in all the points, it's going to be hard to find the Mole."

*
*
*



To find out their fates, contestants will enter this building in groups of four. There are execution pods for each one to enter. If the light turns green, they are safe. If it turns red, they have been executed.


These four will be the first to step into the pods.


Carol: "I'm really nervous. I hope I'm right."





























































































































































































































































































































Elvin: "It's green."




























































































































Ray: "Statistically, I have the best chance of surviving this execution."












































































































































Carol: "Phew. I made it. I'm not the first one to leave."







































































































































































Sabrina: "I'm still in the game."






















































Reynard: "This is so high-tech."













































































































































































Reynard: "Yeah! Green!"










































Venice: "It's so...sterile. And cold. And silent. I can hear my heartbeat."























































































































































































Venice: "Finally. It only took a billion years for them to reveal my results."






































































Jerome: "I've never seen anything like it."





















































































































































































































































Jerome: "Yay! I hope Carol made it too."











































































Clifford: "I'm not used to the cold."






































































































































Clifford: "Oh good. I'm in."










































































Olesya: "It better not be me."

























































































































































Olesya: "It's not me."


















































Eileen: "This is an interesting execution."
























































































































Eileen: "And I am fortunate enough to have survived the first of many to come."


















































Flora: "Hmm..."

















































































































































































































































Flora: "Nice."










































Duncan: "Don't be so tense..."




















































































































































































Duncan: "Oh my god."





























































































































































































































































Lexi: "That is a relief."






































































































































































































































 Christina: "Oh no."

























































































































































































































































Trent: "Fuck."






















































































































































































































































































Anne: "I don't expect much but this is nice."


Anne: "How did it go?"


Trent: "Horrible. I saw red. I got executed."


Trent: "Fucking hell."
Christina: "You too?"


Christina: "I was also executed. It must be a double execution!"


"Christina Euca, Trent Shipley, you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."
Christina: "Bummer. But all the best. Bye."
Trent: "I didn't expect this. Sigh."


Lexi: "It's a good thing that oddball Trent left first."


Trent: "What did you just say, old hag?"


Lexi: "Did you just call me an old hag, you dirtbag?"
Trent: "I'm not afraid to slap women."


Lexi: "Watch yourself. You just got executed. I suggest you keep those grimy hands to yourself and scoot off."


Christina: "Is he coming or what?"


It was a surprise to all when two were executed, especially to Christina and Trent. They have been executed. Who will be next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!