Sunday 27 May 2018

39.09-Starbucks lovers


Last time on the Smole, contestants had to find Regina. For four of them, exemptions could be earned, while for the rest, 25 points would be earned. In the end, it was Venice who located Regina, thus Venice, Flora, Carol and Anne received an exemption each, to the detriment of the pot which stands at 196/570 points. For two, Duncan and Eileen, they had to leave the Smole, Season 39 for good as they were the next two to be executed. Which two will follow? Which three will not?



Sheldon: "Before we know it, we are down to 12. One part of me hopes that it will be single executions from here onwards, but I'm doubtful."


Jerome: "I've been feeling in bliss lately, so my appetite has increased tremendously. I think it's beginning to show."


Jerome: "Stuffed turkey. Awesome breakfast."


Venice: "I can't believe I have to move. I've grown fond of this room."


Venice: "Goodbye, dear room. You served me well."


Carol: "You seemed to have gained weight, Jerome."
Jerome: "Oh...but there isn't a gym in this hotel, or I would have used it every day."
Carol: "I didn't mean to offend."
Jerome: "Oh no, I'm not offended at all."
Carol: "...I see you've been working hard at filling your journal."


Anne: "Aah! Who's there?"
Sabrina: "Just me. Sabrina."


Anne: "Do you not know how to knock? I was going to change."


Anne: "And you should have put on something before coming too. If you were my tenant, I would have evicted you immediately."


Sabrina: "Surely it's not so serious."
Anne: "It is. I even have it stipulated in my contract. You can ask my tenants. They know the rules, although sometimes I'm very sure they flout some behind my back. They think I'm an idiot."


Anne: "And I have to see one of them at work, AND at home. They just can't keep their hands to themselves sometimes. I should have written that down explicitly in the contract."


Sabrina: "Wait...you're a principal, and you have a teacher who joined the Smole, and a tenant who works in the same school as you...is Quinn Harley your tenant?"
Anne: "Yes. You know her?"


Sabrina: "Of course! She appeared in Season 38. She was a very interesting character, and shared the same luck Flora did in terms of exemptions. She's engaged to Victor Ryan for...how many years was it again...ah!"


Anne: "I see you know her very well, despite only having seen her on TV."
Sabrina: "I read up extensively about every contestant on the Smole. It's important to know your enemy, right? If only I knew who my competitors were this season."


Sabrina: "Rumours have it that her fiance is a wizard, and she herself may be a witch. Is it true?"
Anne: "Rubbish. I don't like the supernatural."
Sabrina: "But don't you think it's interesting? Witches can perform magic."


Anne: "There are other magical things in this world. Like history."
Sabrina: "What?"


Anne: "History is magical. It is the very core of who we are as a civilisation. But it's not just about dwelling on the past. More than that, history teaches us through experience, shaping our present and our future. Isn't that magical? And so much more realistic and useful than fairytale magic."

*
*
*


Venice: "Are you single?"
Flora: "Excuse me?"


Venice: "This is for the journal, of course. I need to know everything about everyone."


Flora: "Oh. In that case, yes."


Venice: "Ah, thanks."


Venice: "You would be a really good match. You can cook, garden, play an instrument and have a nice voice, but I prefer shoulder-length hair and your face could use some work. Your dress-style too can be improved on."


Flora: "I'm not here to be critiqued, or to be the embodiment of your ideal partner. But just a tip, it's going to be hard to find someone if you have such high standards."


Venice: "Is that why none of my relationships worked out?"

*
*
*



For their next mission, contestants will be given a phrase to say. A questionable text-to-speech converter will try to decipher what has been said, and repeat it to another contestant. This contestant must then try to find out what the original phrase was to earn 10 points. This is worth 120 points.



Venice: "All those Starbucks lovers."


Reynard: "What's the best way to say it?"


Reynard: "Two pumpkin spice lattes, grande please."


Elvin: "Everybody's crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed man."


Anne: "Song sung blue."


Jerome: "Don't take it for granted."



Carol: "We wish you a merry Christmas."


Sabrina: "She's Cheer Captain and I'm on the bleachers."


Regina: "Matthew McConaughey."




Flora: "I'm at your beck and call."



Brittany: "Three's a crowd."


Clifford: "Bright red cherry lipstick."


Sheldon: "The Mole's at large."


Text-to-speech: "We issue married priest mysterious"


Venice: "We issue married priest mysterious? What is this supposed to be? I don't know."


Text-to-speech: "Met you Madonna gay"


Reynard: "That's funny. But I have no idea what it is."


Text-to-speech: "Done taken for granite."


Elvin: "Something taken for granted..."


Elvin: "Don't take it for granted."


Text-to-speech: "Steve jeer captain in a model bleach yours"


Anne: "Stiff jury captain in a model bleachers? That is my best guess."


Text-to-speech: "Too funky spies lattes, gran derp list"


Jerome: "Two fun key spice lattes, random list. Whatever that is."


Text-to-speech: "Although a ex-lovers"


Carol: "This reminds me of Taylor Swift's Blank Space. But isn't ex-lovers the correct lyric? Unless I'm supposed to guess the misheard lyric...it went something like this: All those Starbucks lovers."


Text-to-speech: "Prior the chair realistic"


Sabrina: "Prior the chair realistic...priorthechairrealistic....brightercherrylistick...Brighter cherry...lipstick? Brighter cherry lipstick!"


Text-to-speech: "Sell son blew"


Regina: "This is a popular mondegreen. My answer is: Song sung blue."


Text-to-speech: "V buddy scray zebra shot glass man"


Flora: "V...what? V buddy...I think that's everybody. Everybody crazy..shirt classman? Hmm...everybody's crazy...'bout...shh...sh...sharp...sharp classman?  Oh wait. I think I know this. Everybody's crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed man."


Text-to-speech: "Thermo zit large"


Brittany: "Thermo ziplock."


Text-to-speech: "Emma tea beckon core"


Clifford: "Admiral tee beck and call? I'm at your beck and call. Yes, that's it."


Text-to-speech: "Theresa growled"


Sheldon: "Three's a crowd. Easy."


Regina: "I pronounced things very accurately. I think the converter was broken.  However, some of the phrases were just ridiculous. The Mole definitely said some things wrongly on purpose."


6 phrases were correctly identified, so 60/120 points have been earned, making the pot 256/690 points. Whose fault is it for the missing half: the machine's the contestants, or the Mole?

*
*
*


Summary:

Venice
Actual: All those Starbucks lovers
Text-to-speech: Although a ex-lovers (heard by Carol)

Reynard
Actual: Two pumpkin spice lattes, grande, please.
Text-to-speech: Too funky spies lattes, gran derp list (heard by Jerome)

Elvin
Actual: Everybody's crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed man
Text-to-speech: V buddy scray zebra shot glass man (heard by Flora)

Anne
Actual: Song sung blue
Text-to-speech: Sell son blew (heard by Regina)

Jerome
Actual: Don't take it for granted
Text-to-speech: Done taken for granite (heard by Elvin)

Carol
Actual: We wish you a merry Christmas
Text-to-speech: We issue married priest mysterious (heard by Venice)

Sabrina
Actual: She's Cheer Captain and I'm on the bleachers
Text-to-speech: Steve jeer captain in a model bleach yours (heard by Anne)

Regina
Actual: Matthew McConaughey
Text-to-speech: Met you Madonna gay (heard by Reynard)

Flora
Actual: I'm at your beck and call
Text-to-speech: Emma tea beckon core (heard by Clifford)

Brittany
Actual: Three's a crowd
Text-to-speech: Theresa growled (heard by Sheldon)

Clifford
Actual: Bright red cherry lipstick
Text-to-speech: Prior the chair realistic (heard by Sabrina)

Sheldon
Actual: The Mole is at large
Text-to-speech: Thermo zit large (heard by Brittany)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!