Thursday 7 March 2019

43.05-Too straight


In the previous episode, Isabella and Xayden followed Alistair, Adrianna and Sherman around Riverview. Unfortunately, the trio failed to reach the end point in 2 hours, so Isabella and Xayden lost their exemption. However, Adrianna could identify who followed them, so at least 20 points were earned to make the pot 218/450 points. One more mission will take place before the execution, and this time they have to suit up.


Xayden: "Riverview is so quaint and simple. The residents are pretty relaxed. I'm not used to such a slow pace of life. Back at home I had to work my guts out and keep up in the rat race. Even then, what I do isn't good enough to be noticed and recognised. I'm still struggling to keep up and stay in the race."


Isabella: "Adrianna and I have formed a coalition. I moved to her room since there's an empty bed there. My current room has Angel and Xayden. I sleep on the top bunk while Xayden sleeps on the bottom. I don't feel comfortable in my sleep clothes climbing down the ladder every day, so I switched rooms. Adrianna's a very good storyteller but the accuracy of her stories remain to be seen."

*
*
*


Adrianna: "You were like ninjas. Nobody spotted you for the longest time. Only I managed to spot you from miles away with my eagle eyes. I reconigsed both of you in an instant."


Adrianna: "In fact it felt like I was the only one who was doing any work. Sherman hogged the map and derailed us. If we continued to follow him we would definitely have ended up in the next town. Alistair just ran around like Usain Bolt. Maybe even faster. But he has nothing to show for his effort."


Adrianna: "In the taxi I was like 'GO THERE' and they were like 'NO!' And I went 'WE HAVE TO GO THIS WAY OR WE'LL CRASH AND BURN'. Of course I was basing directions off what Sherman told me. He would slap anyone who tried to go close to him and his map. He was also incredible evasive. What could I do?"


Isabella: "It's too bad you identified us but at least there are some points from the mission."


Adrianna: "Can I just take a moment to say how I love your hair? My hair is too straight to be like yours."

*
*
*


Sherman: "I have been sceptical of inferior technology provided by amateurs, but curiosity tempts me."


Sherman: "Show me what you've got."


Sherman: "Come down, you insolence."


Sherman: "It's coming, it's coming!"


Sherman: "I can see something."


Sherman: "I must grab that neuron."


Sherman: "I feel like a butterfly."


Sherman: "Whazza!"


Sherman: "That was an interesting experience. I feel smarter now."


Sherman: "You have passed the test, machine. Together, you and me, we'll be unstoppable. Muahahaha!"


*
*
*



"Good day, contestants. Today you will have to host a party. The party starts at 7pm sharp, so get ready. You might want to put on a nice suit or dress."


Adrianna: "A party on the Smole? This has got to be the best season ever, and the best party ever. I can't wait to mingle around. Human interest stories are the most interesting stories. They are two million times more interesting than normal news."


Alistair: "We were all preparing for the party that would happen tonight. Who knows what to expect? There were so many possibilities running through my head. Maybe we would meet Smole VIPs. I thought I better look the part."


Alistair: "Looking good there."


Bernadette: "I'll whip up some simple and healthy dishes."


Isabella: "Got to choose the right music. Oh, I love this one. It's such a touching romantic song."


Isabella: "I wish he'd put in more effort in being a part of the group."

*
*
*


Xayden: "Before long, the party was in full swing. Guests started streaming in. I didn't recognise them at all so I became pretty confused. I didn't talk to them much because I'm not good at parties."


Sherman: "Too much interaction."


Roxie: "You look hot in that tie."
Odin: "You talking to me?"


Roxie: "Of course. Who else is talking to you?"
Odin: "Her...I mean, thanks. You look nice too."


Hannah: "My name is Hannah Jones."
Xayden: "Xayden Hold."


Hannah: "Xayden. What an interesting name. You'd be a perfect fit for this town."


Xayden: "What do you mean?"
Hannah: "This town is full of interesting characters. Every house here has its charm. You look like you need a little help settling into town though. Maybe one dance will help."
Xayden: "Okay."


Hannah: "You're too tense. Relax a little."
Xayden: "I'm not used to relaxing. And all of this actually."


Roxie: "Such a shy boy."
Cedric: "I'm not shy. I just don't want to talk to you."
Bernadette: "Are all of you feeling comfortable? I hope you are enjoying the party."
Cedric: "If I had a choice I'd be in my room."


Xayden: "I can't believe she sneezed onto me. Yuck. Into the dustbin you go, tissue."


Isabella: "You look ravishing tonight."
Alistair: "If I do say so myself."


Alistair: "You're a great dancer."


Isabella: "I strive to be. It's my job, after all. Can't afford to have two left feet. You're pretty good yourself."


Alistair: "Today, let me guide you and show you my moves."




Isabella: "Thanks for the dance but the cameraman over there is motioning for me."
Alistair: "I hope to have a second dance."


Alistair: "What happened to her?"
Isabella: "I hope she didn't hit her head."


Cedric: "At various points in the party we were being called down here and informed of our roles."


Isabella: "I'm supposed to head downstairs."


"Isabella, you are the sniper."
Isabella: "Sniper? Can I decline?"
"No. As a sniper, you must identify the thief in the party. You will be led to a tower nearby with mounted dart guns. If at any point in time you think you have identified the thief, you may fire your only dart at him or her. The mission will then end. If you have identified the thief correctly, you get an exemption. All windows will be opened and the mounted gun has a scope and a high-tech aiming function that allows it to bend around obstructions."
Isabella: "How will I identify the thief?"


Cedric: "Who chose this music? It's getting on my nerves."


Cedric: "I hate this."


Cedric: "Why is there music at all?"
Hal: "You dress like a queen."
Adrianna: "That may have been the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. You are the most honey-tongued, gentlemanly man I have ever met in my life."


Cedric: "I hate this party. I hate this place. Why can't everyone just go and die?"


Cedric: "No. I can't think like that. That's what caused Mama to be...changed in the first place."


Alistair: "Neat. A football trophy. I wonder whose it is."
Xayden: "There is a painting on this wall too. I can't quite make out what it is."


Alistair: "Whose helmet is this? Does anyone ride a motorbike? I wonder if any of these are clues."


Bernadette: "I noticed Isabella leaving the party halfway. I thought: this was it. The mission has started."


Bernadette: "Why am I being called down?"


"Bernadette, you are a party guest. Among you is a thief. The mission ends when the party ends or when a dart hits someone. Depending on how many tasks the thief managed to get away with, the group can earn 15, 30, 45 or 60 points this mission."
Bernadette: "When a dart hits someone? What is that supposed to mean?"


Sherman: "You say your place is haunted?"
Xayden: "That's quite inconceivable."
Sherman: "Inconceivable simply means nobody has thought of it yet. It's waiting to be discovered, invented. I should stop by one day and see for myself. The energy they provide will be...otherworldly."


Adrianna: "And then a tsunami came over and uprooted thousands of residents. The castle was completely disintegrated."
Billy: "Wait a minute, are you talking about a wave washing over a sandcastle?"


Adrianna: "Yes. Wasn't it obvious from the start? Oh hi Sherman. I was just talking about what I saw the other day while at the beach."
Billy: "I can't believe I actually listened to you talk about a sandcastle for 5 minutes."


Sherman: "There's a spread here. I can't choose which to eat."


Cedric: "So much trash generated. None of my business."


Cedric: "I spent the whole party like a fish out of water, awkwardly moving around and being by myself. At one point in time I ran out of things to look at and began to look at the trash."


Bernadette: "Hmm...the cookie jar wasn't here this afternoon. And that kitchen towel...did someone move them?"


Bernadette: "Something's not right here."


Cedric: "Cool. Too bad I'll never be able to get a trophy or ride a bike."


Isabella: "There are so many guests. I don't know which one to observe."


Alistair: "Is that a pretty lady I see?"
Anitra: "Who? Me?"


Alistair: "Yeah you."
Anitra: "Such a smooth talker."


Anitra: "If I didn't know better I'd think you were trying to con me of something."
Alistair: "Maybe I am. Know anything about points?"


Hannah: "I'm really sorry about earlier. I sneezed on you, and then I fainted. I'm not feeling too well today."
Xayden: "You can make things better with a little moolah."
Hannah: "...Fine. Take it as a moving-in gift. I hope you enjoy yourself in Riverview. Excuse me. I'll take a rest somewhere."


Susie: "My family is poor. Can you give me some money?"


Rhoda: "What makes you think I'll give you money?"
Susie: "Your family is rich."


Rhoda: "Oh you sweet, sweet child...you don't know what I do for a living."


Sherman: "Hmm...Adrianna, do you notice something off?"
Adrianna: "You mean the fact that there is a thief somewhere? It's making me jittery but I'm trying to ignore it and party. I can't do anything about it anyway other than look innocent to the sniper."


Sherman: "Poof! It's gone. The trophy is missing. It has been stolen."


Sherman: "Someone here cannot be trusted."

 

Isabella: "I can't hear anything that they're saying so this is really difficult. I do find it strange that Angel was moving around the stuff on the counter."


Bernadette: "I am onto you, thief. I'll see if you try to mess things up again."


Alistair: "Where did Isabella go?"


Bernadette: "What are you doing out here?"
Alistair: "Apparently there's a thief. Is it you?"


Bernadette: "We're not supposed to reveal our roles."
Alistair: "Have you seen Isabella?"
Bernadette: "No, actually. Could something have happened to her?"


Alistair: "I think she's been taken away for the next mission. Sounds exciting."
Bernadette: "You say that like you know what it is."
Alistair: "I was in the movie. Or I'm lying and I have other sources..."


Isabella: "I can't tell what Alistair is giving to Angel. It looks like a piece of...something. Is it a clue? Or is it money? Or information?"


Xayden: "The trash is full."
Cedric: "Is that my problem?"
Xayden: "We are all hosts here, but fine."


Xayden: "Cedric is so rude. I wonder what his problem is. Does anyone think that they can be rude to me and bully me because I'm fat?"


Adrianna: "I'm having the time of my life."


Rhoda: "I'll be watching you. See if you dare to get up to anything."


Adrianna: "By the way, your wife is watching you like a hawk."


Isabella: "Adrianna is very social. I saw her talking to everyone at the party. Maybe that's one of the things the thief has to do."


Odin: "Where have you been all my life?"
Roxie: "From now on, I'll be right by your side."


Bernadette: "I wonder if anyone fiddled with the alarm system."


Isabella: "What is Angel doing? That is very suspicious. I think she's the one. The trophy is missing too! It has to be her. She was the last one in the room."


Sherman: "A chess piece is missing. The thief stole it."
Bernadette: "A chess piece? That is worthless though."
Sherman: "How dare you. It's crucial. Without it the game cannot be played. I must go look for it."


Bernadette: "Ah!"


Bernadette: "Oof..."


Sherman: "What was that? You're incredibly sorry and will help me look for the missing piece? Good that you know your error..."


Sherman: "Oh. You know, it's rude to slip into unconsciousness when someone is talking to you."


Adrianna: "Oh my goodness. We have a killer AND a thief."
Alistair: "There's a dart on her neck."


Rhoda: "What's going on?"
Xayden: "Is she the thief?"


"The mission has ended. Isabella had the task of identifying the thief and has chosen Bernadette. Bernadette is not the thief."
Alistair: "Then who is?"






















































































































Xayden: "It's me. I'm the thief."
"Xayden had four tasks to complete to get an exemption. He succeeded in doing three, so only 15 points have been added to the pot. The pot now has 233/510 points."


This group has an adverse relationship with exemptions. Nobody gets safety from the next execution. Who will be dealt the fatal blow by the Mole?


Below are the thief's tasks:
-mooch from 3 guests
-swap the stuff around on the kitchen counter
-steal a football trophy
-take out the trash containing an exemption

*
*
*

NEXT EPISODE...


Adrianna: "I'm sorry. That wasn't my intention. It's still too bad you were pulled out of the party. You looked drop dead gorgeous. I'm sure all the men were drooling all over for you. Alistair was definitely forlorn when you went missing."

***


Cedric: "I'm the reason you're in this state today. I don't deserve to eat good food and have fun while you're suffering at home."

***


Isabella: "Why did you dance with me last night?"
Alistair: "Why not? You were stunning and are a graceful dancer. Of course my first dance had to be with you."


Isabella: "It wasn't because of some agenda?"

***


Xayden: "I don't feel comfortable."
Sherman: "You're not supposed to. It's science."


Sherman: "Now shut up and let me focus on taking notes on what this machine is capable of."

***


"Tonight, one of you must leave. Two of you could have been exempted, but alas, the exemption eludes you. Who will be the one executed tonight?"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!