Sunday 17 March 2019

43.08-Everyone lives another day



In the last episode, the contestants were split into two teams and had to catch footballs. Unsurprisingly, the team with Alistair, Bernadette and Isabella got the exemption but only 10 points had been earned to make the pot 243/560 points. Half the group is safe, leaving the other half with very high odds of execution. What lengths will they go to to ensure their safety?




Sherman: "How does one group suck so much at movies and soundtracks unless our fates are decided by some biased dice and a horrible dice thrower? And Alistair is the movie actor. Pfft, I bet it's fake."

*
*
*


Isabella: "What happened back there? You got so many movies wrong."


Alistair: "It was the pressure."
Isabella: "Pressure? You're an actor. You have to handle pressure."


Isabella: "You're not being honest with me."
Alistair: "The truth is I got too excited and didn't read all the balls carefully before picking them."


Alistair: "Lighten up, Isa. It's a game. Not everyone will win all the time."


Alistair: "I know you must feel very lonely with Adrianna gone. My shoulders are broad enough to lean on if you ever need to."
Isabella: "That's so sweet of you."

*
*
*


Bernadette: "You did a really good job in the previous mission. You caught two of the balls."
Cedric: "I was hit by two of the balls. And they were both wrong."


Bernadette: "Don't beat yourself up over it. You couldn't control whether it was the right one or not, so learn to ease up on yourself. Relax."


Cedric: "Angel...can I call you that?"
Bernadette: "Of course! You can call me anything you want. What may I help you with?"


Cedric: "Can you...can you teach me how to care for someone?"
Bernadette: "You should be by that someone's side as much as possible and show your love. Be there and try to make him or her feel as comfortable as possible."


Cedric: "Then I must suck at caring for someone. I've been so selfish."
Bernadette: "Don't say that."
Cedric: "You don't know my life."


Cedric: "Every day I just do the same thing every day. I don't ever feel like doing anything or taking care of myself, so my mama does that for me. It was tough for her, because she went...crazy."


Cedric: "The doctor said she had some manic disorder or something. Sometimes she's really happy but the next moment she can become really angry at me. It's like flipping a switch."


Bernadette: "This is tricky. It's never easy being the caretaker for someone like that."
Cedric: "It's all my fault. If I hadn't given up on myself and my life, she wouldn't have become like that."


Cedric: "Now I just feel worse but I can't do anything. I don't want to but I have to hang on just for her."


Bernadette: "What is she doing now?"
Cedric: "Unemployed. She was sent to a mental hospital for...something."


Bernadette: "Baby steps. You're doing a very good job. It's not easy and you don't always see the light at the end of the tunnel immediately, but you will get there. All you need is patience and to continue to show her your love, no matter how she reacts."

*
*
*


Sherman: "How do you play this primitive game?"


Alistair: "It's not primitive."
Sherman: "You're using an actual stick and an actual ball. It doesn't get any more primitive than that."


Alistair: "If you put it that way..."
Sherman: "I'm always right."
Xayden: "I'm going to lose this game. I'm so nervous about the execution."


Alistair: "Hmm, who do you think the Mole is?"
Sherman: "It takes more than that to get that out so easily."
Alistair: "Then who do you think will go home?"


Sherman: "Definitely not me. I'm too smart for the game."



Sherman: "Cedric should go home. He's not interested at all. I hope he loses."
Xayden: "That's not very nice."
Sherman: "This is life. Life isn't nice."


Xayden: "Indeed it isn't. There needs to be some justice in this world."


Sherman: "It would be a happier place if we could just blow everything and everyone up. All the detractors shall perish and be vaporised to nothingness."


Alistair: "Are we going to just stand around all day or are we actually going to play?"

*
*
*


"There are 243 points in the pot. You can spend 20 points to watch two contestants take the quiz. Will you do it?"
Xayden: "No I wouldn't. I don't see much use in that. Besides, there aren't a lot of points in the pot."


"There are 243 points in the pot. You can spend 20 points to watch two contestants take the quiz. Will you do it?"
Cedric: "Maybe it'll help. Sure, I guess."


Sherman: "Of course. Knowledge is power."


Bernadette: "It won't hurt."


Alistair: "It's very tempting. What the hell. I'll do it."


Isabella: "No, that's too many points."


*
*
*

It is time for the quiz. 10 questions about the identity of the Mole. Whoever knows the least is executed.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female


Q2: Which room does the Mole sleep in?
A: Cloud room
B: Love room
C: Tech room

Q3: Which of the following is a fact about the Mole?
A: The Mole was talent-spotted in a singing competition
B: The Mole wants to see an international nuclear arms race
C: The Mole wants to commit suicide
D: The Mole has stripped in public before
E: The Mole knows how to make bombs
F: The Mole had a fall-out with a previous agency


Q4: What is the Mole's weight?
A: 45kg
B: 49kg
C: 63kg
D: 65kg
E: 82kg
F: 127kg

Q5: In Mission 5, which team was the Mole part of?
A: The team consisting of Alistair, Bernadette and Isabella
B: The team consisting of Cedric, Sherman and Xayden


Q6: In Mission 5, was the Mole a thrower or catcher?
A: Thrower
B: Catcher

Q7: In Mission 5, how many footballs did the Mole catch?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 2
D: 3
E: Not Applicable


Q8: In Mission 5, what movie was written on the football the Mole caught?
A: Transformers
B: Moulin Rouge
C: 8 Mile
D: Avatar
E: The Mole was a thrower

Q9: Did the Mole catch a football that had the correct movie written on it in Mission 5?
A: Yes
B: No
C: The Mole was a thrower


Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Alistair Raymond
B: Bernadette Sheridan
C: Cedric Quio
D: Isabella Moneira
E: Sherman Courdoin
F: Xayden Hold

*
*
*


Alistair: "I want to see how Cedric and Angel answer."


Alistair: "Interesting. Now I know who they suspect."

*
*
*


Sherman: "Angel and Xayden won't know a thing."


Sherman: "Predictable."


Sherman: "Muahaha. I love spying."

*
*
*


Cedric: "I want to see my Mole do the quiz. The other one has the best chance of success."


Cedric: "Isabella seems a little unsure with that question. She changed her answer."


Cedric: "Alistair picked...okay, I better remember that."

*
*
*


Bernadette: "Alistair and Xayden are the two I want to take a close look at."


Bernadette: "Xayden seems pretty confident."


Bernadette: "That was kind of insightful."


*
*
*



"Contestants, you were offered a chance to spy on two contestants while they took the quiz. Four of you accepted the offer, so 80 points have been lost from the pot. However, you can win double the amount if you are able to identify the one who scored the lowest overall. This contestant will then be executed or, if exempted currently, get a -3 penalty on the next quiz with no executions taking place. However, if you pick wrongly, the contestant who scored the lowest gets an exemption to the next episode and the next lowest who is not exempted will be executed. You have 10 minutes to come to a consensus."


Bernadette: "I think we should only look at the three who are not exempted."
Sherman: "We got a chance to see our results before gathering. I think we all know if we were the lowest, so the one who is lowest should leave immediately and spare the rest of us."


Xayden: "Sherman, did you score the lowest?"


Xayden: "Or do you think it's Cedric?"


Sherman: "I know for a matter of fact that I did not. I do think it's very possibly Cedric. Admit it. You lost."


Cedric: "It's not me. Someone here is trying to make me the scapegoat."


Alistair: "We shouldn't jump to conclusions, Sherman. For all we know you're the one trying to save your own ass."
Xayden: "The lowest scorer could be among the exempted players."


Sherman: "Then it must be Isabella! She hasn't said a word. She's hoping no one notices her."
Alistair: "It's not you, is it?"
Isabella: "No."


Sherman: "I think it's one of you two. The two of you are suspicious."


Alistair: "The Mole must know who is the lowest scorer."


Isabella: "I want to know who chose to spend the 20 points. 80 points were lost so we know that four of you here chose to do it. I'm not one of them."


Alistair: "I admit that I chose to see. But I won't say who I looked at."


Xayden: "Why not? You should tell us. Then we can decide who the lowest scorer is. We would have more to go on than random guessing."


Bernadette: "I too saw two others, but I won't share if Alistair won't."
Sherman: "As did I."


Xayden: "I didn't look. That means Cedric is the last one to see the quiz, if everyone is telling the truth."


Xayden: "Cedric, you're the biggest suspect now. Who did you see?"


Cedric: "Isabella and Alistair. If one of them was it, it would be Isabella."
Alistair: "Assuming that it was one of us. Maybe you looked at the wrong two contestants."


"5 minutes left."
Xayden: "We're running out of time. If we want to survive and not be executed sudden-death style, I suggest we lay all our cards on the table."


Cedric: "That would require us to say our Moles."


Cedric: "You know what? Pick me. I don't care."


Sherman: "So you admit it!"
Cedric: "If you think it's me, then pick me."
Bernadette: "Let's not be hasty here. I believe Cedric isn't the one."
Alistair: "Who do you think it is?"


Bernadette: "I think it's Isabella. She has a guilty look."


Bernadette: "I looked at you and Xayden. I don't think it's either of you."
Sherman: "If we are sharing then I would say I saw Angel and Xayden. I know who both of you suspect. Your turn, Alistair."


Alistair: "No. There's no reason why I should share my info."
Isabella: "Just do it. If it's someone exempted the worse that happens is a -3 penalty and no one leaves. If we pick the wrong one someone will definitely go home."


Isabella: "It was tense. Nobody would admit if they were the lowest scorer. Alistair refused to say who he looked at. Eventually we ran out of time and the host demanded an answer immediately."


"I need an answer now."
Sherman: "Isabella."
Bernadette: "Did you just answer for us?"


Alistair: "What the fuck? Sherman, you just went ahead and made a decision for us!"


Sherman: "I was just going with the general feel of the group."
Bernadette: "What's done is done. I hope Isabella is the right option."


"Isabella, it's time to reveal if you were indeed the lowest scorer. If you are, you get a -3 penalty on the next quiz but everyone lives another day. If you aren't, then the lowest scorer gets a secret exemption and the second lowest scorer will go home instead."













































































































































































































































































"Isabella, you are not the lowest scorer."


Xayden: "Look what you've done. Now it's one of us three who will be going home for sure."
Alistair: "Cedric, I bet it's you, isn't it?"
Cedric: "Does it matter? We lost. Again."
"We now know that Isabella did not score the lowest. That means that the pot is now at 163/560 points. The lowest scorer is also automatically safe. Who will go home in his or her place?"


"Xayden Hold."





































































































































































































































































"You are safe."


Bernadette: "He's either the Mole, the lowest scorer or in the top four."
"Cedric Quio, Sherman Courdoin, one of you will be going home, and you have your fellow contestant to thank for that."


"Sherman Courdoin."




























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































"Unfortunately, Sherman Courdoin, you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Sherman: "Bollocks."


Alistair: "You were very smart and it's possible you would be a strong competitor. I guess I have the lowest scorer to thank for that."
Isabella: "Sherman, sorry it had to be you."


Cedric: "I can't believe it's Sherman. He's the smartest contestant. I thought he had it figured out."


Sherman: "You will rue the day. You made a big mistake."
Cedric: "Actually, you were the one who picked Isabella.'
Sherman: "Whatever. This is stifling my intelligence. I am made for bigger things than a silly game."


Sherman: "Good riddance to them all."
"Thank you for joining Sherman. We hope to see you soon."



Isabella: "So...who is the lowest scorer?"



In an act of self-sabotage, Sherman has been executed. The Mole and the lowest scorer outsmarted him. Who is the Mole?

*
*
*

NEXT EPISODE...


Cedric: "I try to communicate with the rest but it's just so futile..."

***


Xayden: "It seems like Isabella cares about you."
Alistair: "That's exactly what I want."


Xayden: "What do you mean by that?"
Alistair: "Why does it matter to you?"
Xayden: "Are you planning on marrying her?"

***


Cedric: "I hate cycling, or any form of exercise. But I have to enjoy the sights and sounds for Mama. Maybe the fresh air will be good."

***


Alistair: "Where did Isa go? She's going too fast."

***


Isabella: "I'm losing him. Cedric needs to slow down."

***


Isabella: "Angel, slow down!"


Xayden: "Where are they? They think they can just shake me off?"

***


Alistair: "Fuck! The stupid van cut us off!"

***


Isabella: "Someone had lied."

***


Xayden: "Where in the world is Angel Sheridan?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!