Wednesday 20 March 2019

43.09-Baby it's cold outside


Last time on the Smole, the contestants had to play football with a cinematic theme to it. 10/50 points were earned. However, Cedric, Sherman, Xayden and Bernadette spent 20 points each to watch two other contestants take the quiz. They had a chance to double the points if they could identify who the lowest scorer was but they picked the wrong contestant and as such reduced the pot to 163/560 points. Sherman was the second-lowest scorer and as such was executed instead. Is the Mole too smart for the group?



Cedric: "My life was picked up from the trash. I was going to die, and I was rescued from the brinks. I really should treasure this second chance. My mama would have wanted me to work hard and try my best in this game, but not stress out. For the both of us. It's the least I can do after what I have done to her..."


Xayden: "It could have been me going home. I don't know who actually scored the lowest but I'm tempted to change my top few suspects just because it could have been me. I must work even harder now and show everyone I can make it."

*
*
*



Alistair: "Ow!"


Cedric: "Being tall has its disadvantages."
Alistair: "Oh, you're up before me for once."


Cedric: "I think I have my life figured out...hopefully. At least here."
Alistair: "Good for you. I'm going to hog the bathroom for a while. I have a daily routine that takes a while. You probably wouldn't know because you're never up when I do it. But it's important for my supple, glowing skin, so if you need to use the bathroom...find another one."


Cedric: "I try to communicate with the rest but it's just so futile..."

*
*
*


Alistair: "Are you seeing this, Isa? It's like Maleficent cast a spell in here."
Isabella: "I wouldn't trust food that comes from a fridge that wafts green air if I were you."
Alistair: "It's fine."


Xayden: "It seems like Isabella cares about you."
Alistair: "That's exactly what I want."


Xayden: "What do you mean by that?"
Alistair: "Why does it matter to you?"
Xayden: "Are you planning on marrying her?"


Alistair: "That's so old-fashioned. Flings are very common, you know."


Xayden: "I don't think she sees it that way."
Alistair: "Do you really expect a showmance to last beyond the show? That's hopelessly naive."


Xayden: "That was uncalled for."

Alistair: "So were your so-called concerns. Go mind your own business."


Xayden: "Alistair isn't a good man, but he's very good at portraying himself in a positive light. He seems to be toying with Isabella's feelings. If he's not going to stop, then I have to warn Isabella before she gets hurt."

*
*
*


Cedric: "Ew."


Cedric: "Time for a clean start."

*
*
*


Isabella: "Baby it's cold outside."


Isabella: "It seems like we have a present."


Isabella: "A pair of goggles. One for each of us...this must be related to the next mission."


Indeed, the UV-fitted goggles are part of the next mission. The final five will be cycling around Riverview for 30 minutes. At the back of each bicycle are UV lights that are powered on as long as the contestants are cycling at a certain speed. With the goggles contestants can see a number on the back of another contestant's bicycle. This number denotes which position they should be cycling in.


The contestants must be in the correct positions by 30 minutes to earn 90 points. However, contestants are not aware that the numbers change each time they stop and start again.


Cedric: "I hate cycling, or any form of exercise. But I have to enjoy the sights and sounds for Mama. Maybe the fresh air will be good."


Bernadette: "We could not see our own numbers so we had to cycle in a line. We agreed on an order to cycle, with me at the front. We would then shout out the numbers we saw and once we have four numbers, we will know what is on the last one's bike."


Isabella: "It started to rain just as we began to set off, which was bad for visibility. You would expect everyone to cycle slowly to avoid accidents. However, it didn't seem to stop Angel who was cycling at full speed. I don't know what she was trying to do by speeding off like that. We were supposed to work together."


Bernadette: "I'll be following the road."
Isabella: "Hey, slow down!"


Isabella: "Why did Angel cycle so fast? Now we all have to cycle quickly in order to catch up."


Alistair: "Where did Isa go? She's going too fast."


Xayden: "They know I'm not the fittest."


Alistair: "Riverview is a beautiful place in the fall."


Isabella: "I'm losing him. Cedric needs to slow down."


Bernadette: "After a while I realised that nobody was behind me. Daily cycling workouts don't pay off on the Smole. I had to stop and wait for the next contestant to reach."


Bernadette: "I see someone coming up."


Cedric: "You're out to kill me."
Bernadette: "Sorry. I forgot not everyone was athletically-inclined. Let's go."


Bernadette: "What's my number, Cedric?"
Cedric: "1."


Alistair: "Not going to let you out of my sight, Isa."


Xayden: "Where is everyone?"


Xayden: "I was too far behind. I lost the rest. I had to cycle around and find a detour to find them."


Isabella: "This mission is a disaster."


Bernadette: "Maybe I should slow down to see Cedric's...where did he go?"


Bernadette: "After a while I lost Cedric again. He couldn't keep up and lagged behind."


Alistair: "Great that you're here. What's my number?"
Cedric: "3."


Isabella: "Angel, slow down!"


Xayden: "Where are they? They think they can just shake me off?"


Xayden: "Finally, after forever, I managed to see some cyclists. There was hope yet again."


Xayden: "Cedric, your number is 4."


Bernadette: "I just need to maintain the first spot. Maybe I should drop to last to help the others."


Isabella: "Angel...slow down!"
Bernadette: "Hmm? I can't quite hear you!"


Isabella: "I'm running out of breath."


Alistair: "Angel said she'll just keep going straight, so I should be able to find them if I pedal harder."


Xayden: "Wait for me..."
Cedric: "I can't slow down too much, or the lights will shut off."


Bernadette: "I'll stop here!"


Alistair: "We weren't supposed to stop but because Angel had gone too fast we had to in order to regroup. We all got off at the fish hatchery."


Bernadette: "Sorry guys. But we know a few of our numbers now, right? I'm 1."
Alistair: "Cedric told me I'm 3."
Xayden: "Cedric is 4."


Isabella: "So between the two of us, one is second and one is last."
Xayden: "We'll just assume you're last and I'm second. If it's wrong then I can slow down and you speed up."


Xayden: "We quickly set off again but Angel was determined to lose the rest of us. No wonder I couldn't find anyone at the start of the mission. She's the cause."


Bernadette: "We just need someone to confirm if you're second."


Cedric: "Where did they go?"


Alistair: "We had some of the numbers. I was third or so Cedric said, but I wanted to be last so that I could see Isa's number. Someone had to see it. I don't quite trust Xayden. But Cedric disappeared from sight even though he was supposed to leave fourth. He left after Xayden instead."


Alistair: "Your number is...I need to get a closer look."


Bernadette: "Beautiful..."


Xayden: "She's too fast...I can't keep up..."


Alistair: "Fuck! The stupid van cut us off!"


Isabella: "Where are Xayden and Angel? It's so hard to see in this weather."


Cedric: "Don't panic, don't panic..."


Alistair: "Finally got up to you. Your number is 1."
Isabella: "1?"


Isabella: "Someone had lied."


Alistair: "Someone was trying to confuse us and sabotage."
Isabella: "Then I need to race to the front."


Cedric: "They went this way...I think...Mama, I need you."


Xayden: "Where in the world is Angel Sheridan?"


Isabella: "It's no use. I don't know where they are."
Alistair: "Cedric was second when we set off. The only one to have seen the back of Angel's back was him. He's trying to confuse us."


Cedric: "This is a goner. There is no way we will succeed now. We are fucking pathetic. The whole world is laughing at us now."


"Time is up!"
Alistair: "Shit."
"You are not in the correct order, so no points have been earned."


Isabella: "Do you see the rest?"


Alistair: "Nope. Can't see them at all."


Isabella: "This mission went horribly wrong."


Alistair: "It felt like Isa and I were the only ones who understood the mission and were working together. The rest of them were screwing around." 


Another failed mission. Will the pot see any increment?

*
*
*

NEXT EPISODE...


Cedric: "It's no use. I should have known we were all losers."

***


Alistair: "You're the finest lady I've ever met. You're a goddess, Isa. I worship you."
Isabella: "You don't mean that."


Alistair: "Oh, but I do."
Isabella: "Hee hee!"

***


Xayden: "Two can play at that game. Just give me some time, and I'll have all of you wrapped around my thumb."

***


Alistair: "Acting in the Smole movie has never prepared me for missions like this."

***

Xayden: "Slow and steady wins the race."


Isabella: "This s tough work. I wasted a lot of clay."

***


Alistair: "I have time to kill. Might as well work on the back a little bit more."

***

Bernadette: "Xayden, do you see that over there? Looks awfully like yours, doesn't it?"


Xayden: "What can I say? Great minds think alike."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!