Saturday 4 January 2020

49.16-A game within this game


Previously on the Smole, the finalists had to compete against their fallen comrades to earn 100 points. They lost narrowly, resulting in 100 points being taken from the winner's pot instead, of which 90 points went to the executed contestants and 10 points went to the Mole. There are 529/1000 points in the pot for the winner to take and 381 points for the Mole. Who is the winner, and who is the Mole?


Nicholas: "I know there are undecided viewers. Hopefully my actions have swayed them to the right decision."


Steven: "I'm not going to give up now. We may have lost 100 points but I can still gain 529."


Roxanne: "I'm here, just like I hoped to be. It's almost a dream, but I know it's all very real. Winner's circle, here I come!"


It's been an arduous journey.


A journey that only three survived.


Nicholas: "I came here for a little fun and I must admit the Smole has amused me. The whole season had me playing a game within this game. One by one they all left, until only three of us remain. I trust I have led them to me, which means one less competitor to worry about, and at this juncture, a guaranteed win."



Nicholas: "I am not the Mole. I am the winner."


Roxanne: "Despite my self-doubt and struggles, I survived till the end. I always had it in me. Focus and determined accuracy was what led me to the finale. I may have not been manipulative, but I always did my best for the pot. I deserve to win just as much as the two men with me."


Roxanne: "I am not the Mole. I am the winner."


Steven: "There have been times where everyone made me doubt: am I right? Is this contestant really the Mole? Even I wondered because it was strange how I seemed to be the only one to discover the truth. I never wanted to stand out from the crowd. That just doesn't suit me. But still water runs deep. I have been underestimated, and that is my opening. No way are the other two going to snatch victory away from me, especially not Nicholas Penn."


Steven: "I am not the Mole. I am the winner."


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: How old is the Mole?
A: 23
B: 35
C: 38

Q3: What is the Mole's occupation?
A: Acting CEO
B: Pharmacist
C: Baker

Q4: Name a fun fact about the Mole.
A: The Mole has taken study drugs before
B: The Mole has visited brothels before
C: The Mole has poisoned food before

Q5: How tall is the Mole compared to the other finalists?
A: Tallest
B: Average
C: Shortest

Q6: Who was the Mole's bodyguard?
A: Evelyn Kohler
B: Jade Puddingface
C: Kyle Underwood

Q7: What is the Mole's body shape?
A: Skinny
B: Fat
C: Muscular

Q8: What is the Mole's favourite food?
A: Aloo Masala Curry
B: Pumpkin Pie
C: Tri-Tip Steak

Q9: What is the Mole's favourite type of music?
A: Latin
B: French
C: Rap

Q10: What is the Mole's favourite colour?
A: Sea Foam
B: Purple
C: Black

Q11: What are the Mole's hobbies?
A: Baking, surfing internet
B: Public speaking, exercising, flirting
C: Volunteering, tennis, rapping, beatboxing

Q12: What is the Mole's horoscope?
A: Gemini
B: Virgo
C: Scorpio

Q13: In which month was the Mole born?
A: June
B: August
C: November

Q14: In Mission 1, whose turn was before the Mole's?
A: Nicholas Penn
B: Steven Clyde Stevenson
C: Nobody

Q15: Which answer by the Mole fooled another contestant in Mission 2?
A: 24
B: 1924
C: 60

Q16: Who sat opposite the Mole at the end of Mission 3?
A: Jade Puddingface
B: Isaac Estrop-Lixcilark
C: Gwen Dolin

Q17: In Mission 4, did the Mole say yes or no?
A: Yes
B: No

Q18: In Mission 5, in which room did the Mole's eventual photo eventually appear?
A: First floor leftmost room
B: Third floor room connecting to roof
C: The Mole's photo did not appear in any room

Q19: Which songs did the Mole collect in Mission 6?
A: Mambo Number Five, Love Who I'll Be, Safe and Sound
B: Hips Don't Lie, Gotta Go My Own Way
C: None

Q20: In Mission 7,  which role did the Mole's duo never get?
A: Duke
B: Ambassador
C: Neither of the above

Q21: In Mission 8, which sub-missions did the Mole play?
A: 1st and 5th
B: 2nd, 4th and 6th
C: 3rd and 7th

Q22: Who did the Mole lose to in Mission 8?
A: Phoebe Holmes
B: Isaac Estrop-Lixcilark
C: The Mole did not lose

Q23: How many points would the Mole have earned in Mission 8?
A: 0
B: 14
C: 46

Q24: In Mission 8, which executed contestant did the Mole first face?
A: Glenn Watson
B: Phoebe Holmes
C: Jade Puddingface

Q25: In Mission 8, how many sub-missions did the Mole win?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 2

Q26: In Mission 8, how many sub-missions did the Mole lose?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 3

Q27: In Mission 8, which car did the Mole use?
A: Green
B: Red
C: Grey

Q28: In Mission 8, what was the maximum amount the Mole could have earned?
A: 24
B: 30
C: 46

Q29: Which car did the Mole take to the final quiz?
A: Red
B: Grey
C: Green

Q30: Who is the Mole?
A: Nicholas Penn
B: Steven Clyde Stevenson
C: Roxanne Nimony


Nicholas: "Roxanne was very sneaky in the first mission. She pretended to be helpful and suggested a way to remember, but it didn't work for her. She was the one who broke the chain and stopped the points from coming in. Why suggest something that doesn't work for you? And by dividing sections to others, who's going to verify you memorised the cards correctly? Who can you turn to if you need help remembering?"


Roxanne: "Interpretations may vary but facts can't be twisted.It is undeniable that Steven scored the lowest in the second mission among the three of us."


Steven: "Nicholas was with Evelyn in the castle at the end and he let her run off. It could very well be that he egged her on to leave and then try to push the blame to her."


Nicholas: "Steven, in the fifth mission, collected absolutely no songs at all. He did not even move when some of the collectible songs were being played. It's as if he didn't want to earn the points, and felt no need to try for an exemption."


Steven: "In the penultimate mission, Roxanne was the first to be eliminated which was a surprise, especially with Glenn on her team. Did she do it on purpose because she didn't need an exemption? She did earn the most coins in that mission but 9 coins isn't really that many if you look at it objectively. And yet she's hailed as the hero of the mission."


Roxanne: "Nicholas went thrice in the final mission. And he lost every single game he played. I think that's very telling, because he's of higher calibre than that."


Nicholas: "Steven is the Mole."


Roxanne: "Nicholas is the Mole."


Steven: "Nicholas is the Mole."


The quiz has been taken. Who is the winner? Who is the Mole?

*
*
*



Let's find out.


We have invited the executed contestants back one last time for a reunion and a reveal.


Kyle: "Hey guys. It's so great to be back. With all the missions I helped out in it felt like I was never gone."


Glenn: "It's really too bad I didn't win. I would know exactly how to spend my money. This just means I have to work harder, both at my job and at sleuthing. Next time, I'll get it."


Gwen: "So...I'm here. I wasn't sure if I wanted to come, but since I was already back in here for the final mission I might as well stop by."



Isaac: "'Sup."


Phoebe: "Er...a little help here? So many Sims are suddenly following me around. It's like they know who I am."


Jade: "Hello. It's nice to be back."


Evelyn: "I was so close to it. But I believe in my gal Roxy. She's either a great player or the sneakiest Mole in the world."


"Contestants, welcome back. Before we begin, we are missing three VIPs."


"Let us welcome Steven Clyde Stevenson in."


"As well as Roxanne Nimony."


"And last but definitely not least, Nicholas Penn."


"Everyone is reunited once more. I'm sure all of you are very curious as to what the outcome of this season is."


"Fret no more. It's time to return to the night of the final quiz."

*
*
*


The quiz has been taken. Everything is cast in stone. No do-overs, no replays, no changing anything. The three finalists are now sitting in darkness, waiting for the results to be processed. In a short while, we will find out who the winner of the pot is.


Who is the winner of the Smole, Season 49?






































































































































































































































































































































































































"Congratulations Steven. You are the winner of the Smole, Season 49!"
Steven: "YES!"


Steven: "I won! I won!"


"The Mole's name was put down 18 times. If you had the Mole's name in the final quiz, you will get 547,000 Simoleons. Are you confident that you did?"
Steven: "I checked to make sure my answer in the final question was the right one."


Roxanne: "Steven won? I am disappointed, but congratulations to him."


Nicholas: "Hm, that pathetic chihuahua actually won? Looks like he won't be needing any help paying for his medical bills."


Steven has been told to walk to another finalist.


Will he walk towards Nicholas?


Or Roxanne?


Who does Steven think the runner-up is?


















































Steven: "I believe the only contestant left, the one who isn't the Mole, is Roxanne."


Steven: "Hi Roxanne. Are you the runner-up or the Mole?"


Roxanne: "Look behind you and you'll find out."


Steven: "Huh?"


Steven: "What the..."


Steven: "Was I wrong?"


Roxanne: "The one you're looking at right now is the Mole. I am the runner-up."


Steven: "You scared the hell out of me. I thought I was wrong the whole time."
Roxanne: "Sorry. Producers' orders. Let's go meet our Mole."


Nicholas: "Hm."


Nicholas: "They're coming over."


Steven: "Penn."
Roxanne: "Nicholas."


Nicholas: "Say hi to your Mole this season."


Steven: "I knew it was you. I knew it was fucking you."
Roxanne: "I did too but I was too late. It stings but it's just a game. You did better than me, Steven. Good job. You deserve to win."


Steven: "I won. I won. At long last, I won."


Nicholas: "Oh God. A crybaby."


Roxanne: "He's just overwhelmed with joy right now. You were a good Mole, Nicholas. I was torn between you and Steven for the entire season, actually. And both of you made it to the end."


Roxanne: "But that aside, I hope that you thoroughly make it up to Steven for nearly causing him to be medically evacuated from the game and losing the win."
Nicholas: "We'll see about that."

*
*
*


Steven: "Hello everyone. Yes, it is I, your winner."


Steven: "It's been tiring. Really, really tiring. There was so much stress and I was running on little sleep. I had to juggle this and some...er...side projects."
Nicholas: "Why not be a man and tell us what it really is?"


Steven: "Sorry, couldn't hear a loser over the sound of victory."


Steven: "Anyway, as I was saying, it hasn't been an easy journey, but my win has made it so much sweeter. It has shown me that in the end, everything was worth it. That there is comeuppance and karma in this world."


Steven: "I've shown that you don't need to be the smartest or fittest. All you need is a good nose for the Mole. That is my advice to future winners. Focus on the Mole, not the missions."


Steven: "I managed to find the Mole from the second mission, when he kept tricking everyone. He thought he was God. He thought he was the best, and everyone was beneath him."


Steven: "Who's standing here with more money than you, Penn?"
Nicholas: "Me. Your earnings are peanuts compared to my wealth. You think I let my winnings be so little on purpose? You're dumber than I think."
Steven: "Shut up."


Nicholas: "Consider the money as charity to you. Maybe if you had decency you'd give it to Evelyn for the damage you caused her."
"Thank you, Steven. You win 549,000 Simoleons. Now please sit back down."


Steven: "He's the one who started it. I'll settle scores with you later."
Evelyn: "What did he mean by that, Steven? What did you do to me?"
Steven: "Don't listen to his nonsense. He's just bitter that someone beat him."


Isaac: "Of course Nicholas is the Mole. It should have been so obvious."
Gwen: "And yet we're all executed. Big welp."


"Let us invite Roxanne up to speak about her experiences. Roxanne, please."


Roxanne: "Thank you. What's up, Season 49? Can you believe it? 49 seasons have passed already. And we're the fortunate ones to have been a part of such a spectacular season."


Roxanne: "And I'm not just saying that because I'm a finalist. Rather, it's in spite of that. Some of you might know that I have high expectations of myself. To do well. To win. To be the very best I can be."


Roxanne: "I came here wanting to win the Mole but I didn't. In fact, I lost the moment I let myself slip. I made wrong decisions. But I had help."


Roxanne: "I made a good friend in Evy, who helped me in more ways than you can imagine. Without her, I may not be standing here today. So thank you again, Evy."
Evelyn: "Oh shucks. I really didn't do much."


Roxanne: "She taught me how to manage my expectations and to accept being less than perfect. Failure is just another way of giving yourself a new goal to work towards. So it hasn't been a total loss. I lost to Steven, but I gained so much more."


Roxanne: "I want to take a moment to applaud Nicholas, but I shall make it clear I am talking about his actions as the Mole, and not his behaviour beyond that. Nicholas, as a Mole, was a good choice. He was suspicious, but it was hard to get evidence. He was never suspicious enough for me to dismiss anyone else. Evy would know I had three suspects and two of them were withbme at the finale. So, as a Mole, he was the right choice. I shan't comment about anything else about him. I'll let him talk later."


Roxanne: "And for the rest of you, I understand how it feels to be so detached and far out from the Smole. It sucks. I know. But this is just a game. And in a game there are winners and losers. So I urge each of you to think about what you have gained throughout this experience. And I also thank all of you for playing alongside me. I couldn't have asked for a better group. Long live the Smole! Thank you."


"Thank you Roxanne. Let us now invite Nicholas to say a few words."


Nicholas: "Friends, comrades, fellow contestants, lend me your ears. I stand here not to praise the Smole like a mindless cultist. I will share with you my true thoughts as the Mole."


Nicholas: "This season you got off lucky. The producers told me not to overdo the sabotages after looking at the track record of contestants. They needed me to help you guys. So as a chaitable man, I acquiesced. This was especially since there was a chance to take a big chunk away at the end which I did. So my focus was on being a Mole pretending to be a contestant pretending to be the Mole."


Nicholas: "To elucidate, this meant doing things that wouldn't make me the big bad straight away, but giving enough fodder in fervent hope that at least one of you will catch on. And you did. You didn't disappoint the producers."


Nicholas: "Let me talk a bit about the contestants this season, starting off with the winner, Steven. Steven was a wonderful contestant. As are all of you, who are all wonderful contestants. Roxanne had potential. And the rest of you were fine. I'm sure you tried your best and that's what matters. Give yourself a pat on the back."


Nicholas: "I apologise if I sound off-the-cuff. Usually my secretary prepares my speeches for me. He knows how to embellish and make everyone feel good. But they just lack soul to me. I want to make everyone listen, not make everyone feel good about themselves. Society can never progress if it's not always a little bit uncomfortable. Look at me, digressing again."


Nicholas: "Back to my thoughts as the Mole, I found it rather amusing and enjoyable. Always being able to predict the future meant ai could watch everything happen with dramatic irony, as well as have greater control over the outcome. Overall, I would say I am fairly pleased with the overall outcome and how missions turned out." 


Nicholas: "I can see that I'm boring half of you and lost the other half, so I'll wrap things up. I look forward to seeing the ridiculous theories floating on the web, especially those about me. I'm also looking forward to the 'clues' netizens find. I'll be disappointed if I don't see at least one about the number of eyelashes I have being a dead giveaway to my identity. And last but not least, I hope you like the gift I gave you in the final mission. I will also donate all my winnings to charity to help the poor and underprivileged."


"Thank you, Nicholas. You have earned 381/1000 points. However, as you have been suspected 18 times, you get 363,000 Simoleons instead. It is still a significant sum, especially to the beneficiaries."


"May we all now turn our attention to the screens as we witness the sabotages of this Mole."

"In the first mission, Nicholas didn't sabotage, but he didn't inspire confidence in his teammates either. By pretending to forget once in a while, he subtly shifted the burden onto the rest, forcing them to remember more than just their section.

***


"That is the 4 of clubs."
Nicholas: "Eeny-meeny miny-mo..."
Roxanne: "I hope you're not serious."

***

"In the second mission, Nicholas constantly tripped other contestants, preventing them from getting questions correct and thereby earning points while making sure he himself got some right to avoid suspicion.

"In the third mission, Nicholas knew who had what reward or penalty. He would be fine with any of the rewards leaving. He just wanted to ensure that Jade, who had the penalty, would not be voted as the last one standing. He also hoped to keep the x2 that Isaac had in the game to double the penalty. Once that was achieved, all Nicholas had to do was not end up in Jade's chair.

***

Steven: "I don't think Phoebe or Roxanne should be the last one standing then."
Isaac: "I think we should vote for me."
Nicholas: "You already had an exemption."
Isaac: "How do you know we're playing for an exemption?"
Nicholas: "Oh sorry. I must not have gotten the memo where it said we'll be playing for cupcakes. Come on, Isaac. I thought you were smarter than that. The way this is being set up? We're going to compete with each other? And what's the standard prize they always give out?"

***

"Nicholas knew he wasn't the most trustworthy in the fourth mission. Hence, he hoped to trip others up by telling the truth when everyone expected him to lie. He also told the truth twice in different ways, fooling some contestants into thinking one had to be the truth and the other statement had to be a lie. He managed to create 2 penalties as a result.

***


Evelyn: "Nicholas, do you suspect me?"




Nicholas: "No."




Steven: "Nicholas, do you suspect me?"



Nicholas: "No."

***

"In the fifth mission, Nicholas wanted to switch as many photos as possible to create confusion. He also called a meeting at the end to look like he wanted to help, but in actual fact wanted to know which photos were remaining and how to sabotage. He conveniently forgot the fact that nobody had a 3D image, implying that there was a duplicate in the rooms, turning attention to only the duplicate Sky Towers.

***


Roxanne: "I'll start the ball rolling."
Nicholas: "Anyone remembers what was in the last room they went?"
Phoebe: "I saw a statue bust on the second floor and I swapped it with my photo of the Sky Tower."

***

"In addition, Nicholas manipulated Evelyn into abandoning the plan and finding an alternative room, which caused mayhem and last-minute panic. He indirectly cost the group the win here.

***


Evelyn: "I got a bad feeling about this, considering how they're taking so long."
Nicholas: "I think they're sabotaging. They're all doing it, Evelyn."
Evelyn: "I can't believe them. At this juncture?"

***

"Nicholas didn't want the exemption in the sixth mission as he didn't need it, so he didn't run for many songs. He also made sure to incur a penalty.

***


Nicholas: "You trust yourself and I trust myself. This is the only song in the group sung by men."

***

"Nicholas was playing in the seventh mission seemingly to be the last one standing, but in reality he wanted to keep as little points as possible. He let coups and assassinations happen, knowing that coins would be spent. If Steven hadn't pulled his last move, Nicholas would have gotten enough coins to launch a coup against Steven, reducing the earnings by 14 points.

***


Nicholas: "We'll draw one coin."
Kyle: "Is that a good idea? Wouldn't it be better to draw two coins?"
Nicholas: "Trust me on this one. I'm going for the long con."

***

"Nicholas was aggressive in the last mission. He made sure to lose every single sub-mission he was in, and made sure he lost differently each time. He also managed to snag 10 points for himself. The distrust the group had in him led to a less-than-ideal lineup, which allowed for a higher chance to lose."

***


"The correct answer was B: two million cents. With a 6-4 score, Phoebe wins."
Phoebe: "Nicholas...thank you."

***


"Nicholas, were you lying?"
Nicholas: "Yes."
"The 10 points goes to the Mole."

***


"Kyle has more songs. He earns 10 points."
Nicholas: "Would you give it to me if I said please?"
Kyle: "Nope."

***


"Contestants, after watching the sabotages, you may direct any queries you have to Nicholas."


Steven: "Your sabotages are lame."
Evelyn: "I have so many questions."



Steven: "Whatever."
Nicholas: "Evelyn."
Evelyn: "In the penultimate mission, you didn't want to get many coins but you still had the second highest amount. Would you say you failed in your sabotage?"


Nicholas: "No, not at all. Being a Mole is a balancing act between looking like a contestant and being a Mole. That means I have to earn something once in a while. 6 coins equals 12 points. That's not a lot if you think about it, compared to how much I lost for the group."


Glenn: "I have a question. What would have happened if Roxanne didn't break the chain? What was your plan if the first mission had been a resounding success?"
Kyle: "I also want to know why you told me the Mole was likely male or a celebrity. Were you trying to tell me it was you?"


Nicholas: "I'll field Glenn's question first. The first mission was a difficult one to accomplish. I noticed Roxanne was very nervous so I knew I could prod her enough to make her frazzled. Furthermore, I had on my side Phoebe and Gwen for example, who did not have fantastic memory. If you realised, Roxanne was playing for all the celebrities. But to answer your question, I would have let it pass. I could not be the one to break the chain. That would raise too much suspicion too early."


Nicholas: "To Kyle, would you not agree with my analysis? If I wanted to find a scapegoat it needed to make sense. A Mole would try to find the polar opposite of him, so I played on those expectations by inadvertently including myself. Think of it as reverse psychology. It was you who failed to catch on, Kyle."


Nicholas: "Any other questions?"
Evelyn: "I have another one."
Nicholas: "Let someone else have a chance, sweetie."
Phoebe: "Sweetie? That was what he called me."


Nicholas: "Jade, what is your question?"
Jade: "Err, so you wanted me to not be the last one standing?"


Nicholas: "Yes. Preferably Roxanne should have gotten the role with her bonus points, but then Roxanne said something to discredit herself, and it would be unwise for me to aggressively push for her. I would push for myself, which I did, and that would happen regardless of whether I was the Mole or not."


Phoebe: "Nicholas, my arms are getting sore."
Nicholas: "Of course. Phoebe, you must have many questions."


Phoebe: "All the times we spent together...all the things you said...were they genuine? Or were they told to me as the Mole?"


Nicholas: "Phoebe, my dear, everything I say and do is in your best interest. Search your heart and ask yourself if you truly belong here, or back at your old place. You couldn't let go of your home. I hope you understand."


Phoebe: "So you were genuine?"
Jade: "I would think so."


Nicholas: "Two more questions. Roxanne first, and then Isaac."
Roxanne: "In the last mission, what was your thought process behind our lineup?"
Isaac: "The castle mission was one of your more interesting sabotages. You took a big risk calling for a meeting. Were you confident that something screwed up somewhere already?"


Nicholas: "To Roxanne, I expected to get the fewest games to play, not the most. But my skillset made me the best candidate for several of the games, and I made that clear. In the end we settled to give me three which were worth the least individually, but added up to a significant portion of the final mission. You said you could handle the game in the castle, and because everyone trusted you I quickly moved on to the next game about the songs. I wanted to take that one, only because that meant I could not take the previous or next one. It was easy to convince you to give it to me because that game involved running. And so we had to settle for Steven in the game of Coup even though he was a bad player. I was confident that we would have at least one loss not from me, and I was right."


Nicholas: "Finally, Isaac. I wanted to make sure I had control of the situation. If everything somehow worked out, then I would just be unlucky, but I went around swapping as many photos as I could find to minimise that. I would have secretly kept my photo if that was the case and then find a way to sneak away and swap a photo. Everyone would think Jade lied since she burnt her photo first, and I would head to the furnace to check and conveniently chuck my remaining photo. You saw in the mission that I pretended that only one photo needed to be swapped. It was good luck that more than one error was made. Regardless, my goal was to try and split everyone up to speed things up to find the duplicated photo. But I didn't push that agenda when I realised everyone forgot about the 3D image."



"Thank you Nicholas. It is now time to see what clues existed this season."


"Everyone, take out your journal."
Glenn: "Impossible."


"In your journal, you would have found a cryptogram. The journals were given to you when you were selected to join Season 49, and meant as a fun game to figure out who you were competing against. However, it also served as a clue."


"If you managed to solve the cryptogram, you would have realised that to spell the word MOL, you would require the letters P, E and N. If that's not good enough, to spell the word MOLE, you would have spelled PENs. The 'S' signifies that there is more than one 'N'. So in other words, you would have gotten PENN, Nicholas's surname."


Phoebe: "The cryptogram was too hard."
Steven: "Seriously? That's so forced."


"Everyone, please put your journals away and solve the cryptogram in your own free time."



"Let us now see the other clues in the season."


"The banner this season consisted of several thumbprints. Each thumbprint belonged to each of you, except for Nicholas. His thumbprint is the official Smole thumbprint. In other words, Nicholas is the Mole."


"Nicholas is 35 years old. In Mission 2, the 3rd and 5th question contained clues. The 3rd question was about Julius Caesar. Julius Caesar is a Roman dictator. Nicholas is Roman. The 5th question was about Italy. Rome is the capital of Italy. Once again, Nicholas is Roman."


"The next clue this season is in Mission 5. Every photo had a meaning."


"The Sky Tower is in Auckland, New Zealand. We had a previous contestant by the name of Rome Auckland. Nicholas is Roman."


"The statue actually depicts Mark Antony, a Roman. Like Nicholas, Mark Antony is a ruthless man concerned ultimately only about himself. More than just his heritage, this photo is a clue to Nicholas's personality."


"Observe the text speak image carefully. The letters I and X are slightly whited out. IX is the Roman numeral for 9. Nicholas is the 9th name on the Smole banner. In addition, NP stands not only for 'no problem' but also Nicholas Penn."


"3D images have hidden images camouflaged in the picture. Camouflage is also an important technique in the military. Nicholas has served the military."


"The pokeball is a nod to Pokemon. In Pokemon, gym battles exist. One of Nicholas's hobbies is exercising and he is seen frequenting the gym in the season."


"Lastly, the photo of the yachts contains Nicholas's (or the Smole's) thumbprint on the bottom right corner."



"Finally, Evelyn had a chance to get a clue in exchange for giving up the chance to penalise a celebrity. The clue she received was the percentage of options that were correct for all quizzes except the final quiz.

The option A was the correct answer 40% of the time.
B was correct 22.857% of the time.
C was correct 12.857% of the time.
D was correct 11.429% of the time.
E was correct 5.714% of the time.
F was correct 1.429% of the time.
G was correct 4.286% of the time.
J was correct 1.429% of the time.

There are many ways of approaching this. One would be through heuristics or thorough analysis to find that only if Nicholas was the Mole would these percentages tally. Another way is to note that A was correct the most times. This heavily implies the Mole is male, and that Nicholas, option A in the final question each quiz, is the Mole. Alternatively, F and J have the lowest percentages. With 70 questions, this means they were ever correct only once. In particular, the option J can only appear in the first quiz. Only four questions had J as an option:

Q6: In Mission 1, in which order did the Mole call out a position?
J: 10th

Q8: Which of the following positions did the Mole call in Mission 1?
J: 106

Q9: In Mission 1, who stood opposite the Mole?
J: Isaac Estrop-Lixcilark

Q10: Who is the Mole?
J: Isaac Estrop-Lixcilark

Clearly, when Evelyn received the clue, Isaac was not the Mole, and neither was Glenn, the 10th to call out a position in Mission 1. This leaves 2 possibilities: Steven or Nicholas. The same can be done to analyse F, and combined with the rest of the clue, one would find the Mole to be Nicholas."


"With that, we have come to the end of the season. Thank you for your participation this season."


Kyle: "Hey Roxanne. Congratulations."
Roxanne: "Thank you. But I'm surprised you came to me first, and not Steven or Nicholas."


Kyle: "I was rooting for you."
Roxanne: "Oh. I'm sorry to have disappointed."


Kyle: "Disappoint? No way. You were amazing. You made it further than I did. I could never have gotten there."
Roxanne: "You could if you believe in yourself."


Kyle: "Can I sit with you?"
Roxanne: "Sure."


Kyle: "Honestly, you were the least disappointing finalist. Nicholas is an ass and Steven was really rude to him in the finale, even if he is an ass."
Roxanne: "But they're the Mole and winner respectively. I think you should go congratulate them."


Kyle: "Honestly? It's Sims like them, especially Nicholas, who make me never want to view the world from the top."
Roxanne: "They're not all like that, I promise. I think you should reach for the stars if you can. You won't end up being another Nicholas."
Kyle: "How can you be so sure? When put in a position of power, you will end up resorting to tactics and end up in a grey area. Worst of all, you may not even know it. I'm content with being a roadsweeper. It's a peaceful life."


Isaac: "Gwen, leaving already? At least stay for the food."


Gwen: "I am a bit hungry now that he mentions it."


Gwen: "I guess this is better than home, especially now that I'm living with my father again after Edgar's house burnt down."


Nicholas: "Steven, a word outside."
Steven: "We can just settle your compensation to me here."


Nicholas: "I could, but I may accidentally let some secrets slip."


Steven: "N-no...you wouldn't."


Nicholas: "You know very well that I would."


Nicholas: "You know what? I think I've been too kind. So let's write off any scores."
Steven: "I'm not going to let you get away with that scot-free..."


Nicholas: "Evelyn, a word outside."
Evelyn: "Why?"
Steven: "No, ignore him."
Nicholas: "It's about your condition."


Nicholas: "I can make your life worse than hell, Steven. And I don't have to lift a finger."


Roxanne: "Is Nicholas finally going to admit the truth to Evy? I should be there just in case."
Evelyn: "WHAT?"
Roxanne: "Too late."


Evelyn: "STEVEN CLYDE STEVENSON!"


Evelyn: "You poisoned me!"


Steven: "What? I--I did no such thing!"


Steven: "It's Nicholas! He did it!"
Evelyn: "If it was him, why didn't  you stop him?"


Steven: "I..er...I..."
Evelyn: "I can't believe you're so petty! Just because I'm a woman and you can't stand me being stronger than you, you try to inject something into my food to weaken me?"


Evelyn: "You're worse than Nicholas! You made me fearful and made me think I had an incurable disease! You tried to ruin my life, and all because my muscles are bigger than yours?"
Steven: "Shut up!"


Evelyn: "No, you shut up!"
Steven: "Ow!"


Steven: "You have only yourself to blame."
Evelyn: "Me? You're just a vindictive, jealous asshole who only wants to drag others down!"


Evelyn: "I'm reporting you to the police. You don't deserve to be a baker."
Steven: "No, please don't! I'm sorry Evelyn. I learned from my mistakes. I truly regret what I did."
Evelyn: "Like hell you do."


Gwen: "Evelyn, you have every right to report him. He's a scum."


Roxanne: "I...this is just disgusting. Steven, how could you? Don't tell me all the food I ate was poisoned too."
Evelyn: "I bet my life he poisoned all of us."
Steven: "I did not! Don't slander me. I only added the serum to your food and Nicholas's!"
Kyle: "Can you prove it? You tampered with Evelyn's food. Who knows who else's food you touched."


Isaac: "You should be stripped of your win."
Roxanne: "I'm getting the police."
Steven: "Guys, no. We don't have to escalate this. Why won't any of you believe me?"


Steven: "I really do regret hurting Evelyn, especially after what she told me in the gym..."


Steven: "I--I hate you guys!"


So...now is probably a good time to end the season. We hope to see you again in the future. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!