Friday 10 January 2020

50.01-Welcome to the Smole



Time flies. In the blink of an eye, the Smole is at its 50th season. This could not be possible without its ardent fans and cast of marvellous contestants, making each season a stellar one, motivating another season in the previous's wake.

On the Smole, contestants take part in missions to fill the pot with points. This pot will be brought home by only one contestant at the end of the season, and that is by the winner. However, there is a Mole among them planted by producers to sabotage the pot and take whatever's kept out of the pot. The other contestants must identify the Mole via quizzes. Else, if they end up scoring the lowest in a quiz, they will be executed. In the event of a tie, the slowest one will be executed.

On its 50th season, the Smole will celebrate this milestone with the various contestants that made it possible. And as usual, there will be a fresh twist. This season, executed contestants will be kept up to date on the happenings after their execution, and they will take subsequent quizzes as well. If they can 2 points better than the lowest scorer still in the game for that quiz, they will return to the game and take the lowest scorer's place. This privilege can only be exercised once. Two strikes, and the contestant is gone for good.

Additionally, the Mole too can be executed once if the average score of the remaining contestants is 6 or higher, and will return after the quiz in which the average score is the same as that when the Mole was executed.

Who will be the ultimate winner of this 50th season? And who will be the Mole?

***



This season will mark the 50th season of the Smole...

*
*
*


Chris: “I see…nothing much but rain.”



Chris: “I’m doing all this to help Patricia fulfill her last wishes before she left. It’s so sad for her to go. I miss her. Without her, how can I survive? I don’t have the zest and zeal like she does.”

*
*
*


49 seasons, 49 winners...

*
*
*




Sue: “So I have the entire house wrapped round my little thumb…imagine the damage I could do. Not that I’m going to do something bad of course…but I can incite a revolution against production, so perhaps if you kept me pampered like a princess, I’ll put my authority to good use instead.”

~~~

Sue: “Muahahaha! Gretchen is evil. I like.”
Terrence: “Excuse me?”
Sue: “I think it’s time to reveal myself, everyone. I guess I can’t hide it any longer. I had all of you fooled! I got all of you to think it’s Becky who’s the Mole. And you all believed me! Fools! I was just using every single one of you! And you fell for it. I had it pent up but now it feels so good to release it. Remember Helen and Chester? Remember Joshua? They all died because of me!”

*
*
*


This season, one of them will win again.

*
*
*


Lisette: "It's nice of you to come stop by. It can get very lonely here. You know, sometimes I miss my parents, and although they weren't very supportive, I knew that deep down they wanted me to pursue my dreams and be happy. Do you ever miss your parents?"



Lloyd: "They're gone now. I love them and all, but it will sound pretty rude of me if I say I feel freer. Like I can breathe. I no longer need to be the good boy that everyone wants me to be. I no longer need to get that doctorate of PhD or work in a top-level career. I can finally do whatever I want. I even redecorated my home to fit me. Now, I can finally be me. And it's crazy, but I felt that they made me miss out on so much of my life, so I'm going to reclaim that back."


*
*
*


But one of them will also be the Mole.

*
*
*


Sydney: "We're getting nowhere with this."



Max: "Let me prove myself."



Sydney: "No, let us win. Now I know why you've been put off the Olympics. You don't f***** understand the meaning of teamwork. This isn't about proving you're better than anyone else, mate. It's about working together to achieve a common goal. If this was real and we had to really save Angie, she'd be dead by now. And it'd be your fault. Prove yourself? Prove to me that you actually listen to others."


*
*
*


The winners of the past 49 seasons all have a chance to return for the 50th season.

*
*
*


Philo: "I've done it. I've went through the rite of passage."



Philo: "Everyone, look at me! Philo Nickelworth, devout Buddhist, has just eaten beef! Shocker of the century!"



Philo: "Forgive me for committing such a sacrilegious act."

*
*
*


But whether they actually make it in depends on luck and skill.

*
*
*



Claves: "Another stupid letter from the PRF!"


Claves: "Why hasn't he written me yet? I can't believe my letter from home was actually from Witos."


Claves: "I regret giving Joaquinn the Smole address. It's fine if he doesn't want to write me but the PRF and the government found me because of it."


*
*
*


There are only eight capsules containing an official invitation to be a part of the Smole, Season 50.

*
*
*


Brianna: "I didn't expect to celebrate my birthday at all on the Smole."


Brianna: "I'm going to remember this day."



Brianna: "Thanks guys. Really."

~~~

Brianna: "I was so shocked. I didn't expect anyone to find out about my birthday, let alone celebrate. I didn't expect any of them to care but all of them came together today. It's a nice feeling to know that despite how competitive we are, we can still have fun as friends."

*
*
*


Only the first eight to find the capsules will join.

*
*
*


Noel: "Why the sudden quest...oh, they showed you the time I ran off to join a circus, didn't they?"



Noel: "It's not my proudest moment. I was young and had so many unfulfilled dreams. I just got wed and knocked a girl up. I wasn't even 20 yet. Can you expect a young boy to not panic? I was afraid of being shackled by commitment, one that I wasn't fully sure I wanted to keep."


Noel: "But it was only a few months before I realise it wasn't right of me to gallivant while Paige suffered. I know pregnancy isn't easy. So I turned around and decided to become a good ol' family man. Do I wonder what the grass on the other side is like? Sometimes. But I don't regret it. Paige and Noah are two of the best things to have happened in my life."


Noel: "So to answer your question...yes, I believe I am a good father."

*
*
*


And only one capsule contains an invitation to be the best Mole to date.

*
*
*


Noel: "There's our next sucker!"


Philo: "Am I at the right place? The directions in the capsule said..."
Noel: "No. We're actually a bunch of time travellers. We come from the future. In the future, you're already dead."


Philo: "Oh...am I in hell?"


Brianna: "What the hell, Noel?"
Claves: "What this man means is yes. You're at the right place. Philo Nickelworth, winner of Season 40, am I right? Just one season before mine."



Philo: "Yes. But I rather not think about it. It was an embarrassing season for me."
Brianna: "Then why come back?"
Philo: "Well....there's no turning back. I might as well go all the way."


Sydney: "It's not too late to turn back. All of you."


Claves: "Was that an attempt to win by default?"
Brianna: "I'm not going down without a fight."


Noel: "Hey, an old man."



Brianna: "Don't be rude."
Noel: "I wasn't being rude. I'm an old man myself."


Chris: "Heh. Thought I'd be dead last. If I made it before others, then maybe I still have a shot of this after all."


Claves: "Chris Winters, winner of Season 9. And if I am not wrong, the oldest winner to date."



Chris: "You did your homework. Unfortunately it's been a while since I watched this show, so I really don't know who you guys are."



Noel: "How about we play some ice breakers?" 
Brianna: "God no. We're not children. Anyway, I'm Brianna. That's Noel, she's Clavés. Sydney, and Philo."



Sydney: "Oh look! There's our token Asian."



Noel: "Haha!"
Brianna: "Noel!"
Sydney: "Finally someone appreciates my sense of humour. Not like those sticks-in-the-mud I had to deal with in my season. We're gonna be best mates."



Sue: "Hello everyone. I can't wait for this season to get started."
Philo: "We're just waiting on one last contestant."



Lloyd: "I hope I'm not too late to join the party."
Chris: "You're just in time."
Sydney: "Now the party can really get started."

*
*
*



"Contestants, welcome to the Smole, Season 50. The Sims to your left and right once won their respective seasons. However, from this moment on, you may not be able to trust them. This season, one of you is working on the other side. One of you found the capsules, informing you of your identity as the new Mole."



"Claves Vann."



"Noel McAllister."



"Brianna McWinner."



"Philo Nickelworth."



"Sydney Wellington."



"Chris Winters."



"Sue May."



"Lloyd Smart."



"Congratulations on finding the capsules and being part of the 50th season. But this season won't take place here."



"This is the portal to the new season. Once you step in, you are stripped of your titles as winners. Once you step in, you are contestants, retrying for the spot you once reached. Except this time, it can only go to one of you."



 "Welcome to the Smole, Season 50."

*
*
*



Sue: "So, who's going to do the honours?"



Claves: "I will, as the first to arrive. I just need to find a way."



Claves: "Something clicked."



Claves: "Co siÄ™ dzieje?"



Claves: "Augh!"


Claves: "It's glowing."


Philo: "Fuck!"
Brianna: "Oh my god!"
Sue: "This can't be real!"
Noel: "No way...this is some sci-fi shit."


Claves: "I think I see something!"
Noel: "Yeah, that's the infamous bright light you see before going to heaven."


Claves: "No, I see...another dimension. This is incredible."


Claves: "I've never seen anything like this...I'm going in."


Philo: "No, don't! You're going to get yourself killed!"
Chris: "This can't be happening..."
Sue: "It definitely is!"
Lloyd: "This doesn't make any sense."


Noel: "This is cool."
Brianna: "Be careful, Claves."


Claves: "It's getting dark. We better hurry."


Claves: "I'll be safe."


Claves: "Here goes nothing."


Claves: "Do I just...touch the light?"


Claves: "o mój Boże!"


Sydney: "What the hell is happening?"


Claves: "It's sort of tingly."


Claves: "Follow me, everyone. We will be fine."


Noel: "And there she goes."
Brianna: "Well...who's next?"


Chris: "Erm..."
Lloyd: "I can go next. Let's go down the line."
Sue: "Eek...this is so unreal!"

*
*
*









Sydney: "Woah, I still feel doozy."
Claves: "Out-of-this world."


Brianna: "I'll say."
Philo: "Woah."
Chris: "I'm feeling a bit dazed."
Lloyd: "Speaking of worlds...where are we?"


Lloyd: "Are we even still on Earth?"
Sue: "Everything looks so futuristic."
Philo: "Is this what hell looks like?"
Brianna: "This...is so much to take in. Where's the host?"
Chris: "Ugh...my head hurts."


Claves: "Wait, where's Noel?"
Sydney: "That coward didn't jump? He was the most excited about this shit and he bailed?"


Noel: "Woah....'


Noel: "Where am I?"
Philo: "I guess he didn't bail."


Noel: "This..."


Noel: "...is..."


Noel: "...fucking..."


Noel:" ...AWESOME!"


Noel: "Why have you never been in my life before?"


Lloyd: "At least we're all here in one piece."
Sue: "Speak for yourself. I have a migraine coming on."
Noel: "Is this the future?"


Noel: "I am your messiah now. Bow down to me."
Lloyd: "Shut up Noel. We need to locate our host. Let's split up and search."
Sue: "Said every horror movie character ever moments before their death."


Sydney: "I see snakes and tarantulas 10 times the size of your boobs every day. I am not going to let myself be killed by a reality show."


Philo: "If we're really in the future...that means we can go back in time, right? We can't be stuck here forever."


Noel: "I dunno. It's pretty cool to say we're time travellers."
Claves: "Less talking, more exploring. Lloyd is already looking for what we have to do next."



Lloyd: "Everything here is so high-tech. But there's no sign of the host, although there are a few cameras."


Lloyd: "What are these...soccer ball...orb things?"


Lloyd: "It says to take one. I think I found our first mission."

*
*
*


Contestants have just arrived at Oasis Landing, but have to begin their first mission before they can soak in the sights and sounds.


Each of them has taken a futuristic computer.


And have also barely met their fellow contenders.


This first mission involves fooling the other contestants.


Contestants will access a chatroom via an encrypted network, where they will be logged in using a pre-created alias for 10 minutes.


The goal? Don't get caught.


The prize? An exemption for the contestant who is able to identify the most aliases without being identified himself or herself.


For every contestant identified correctly, 2 points will be earned, up to a total of 112 points.

*
*
*


Lloyd: "Chatroom rules: We have to tell the truth when asked a question, but we can't go around asking their names directly or their jobs. Questions will be approved by a moderator before being public to the rest..."


Sue: "Alright, I didn't think I would be doing this this season, but it looks like I'm going to have to...extract information from the rest."

-----------------------

Mrs.Motherly: heya everybody, lets do a self-intro! im mrs motherly
065106097120: I'm not even going to try and spell my username.
pppaullack: This is ppaullack
Ursula: @pppaullack you misspelled your name. missing a p.
Ursula: Ursula btw
HappyWilly: I'm HappyWilly.
-|-|-Kuo-te-yu-|-|-: yoyo wassup imma -|-|-Kuo-te-yu-|-|-.
xXLuciferXx: Lucifer here.
Mrs.Motherly: whrs the last 1
.:Varya:.: sry. I'm Varya.
Mrs.Motherly: whr do they even get these weird ass names
065106097120: idk
HappyWilly: I'll ask a question

-----------------------


Claves: "pppaullack, which country do you want to visit the most?"


Brianna: "Nepal. 065106097120, what was your favourite subject in school?"


Noel: "Literature. xXLuciferXx, played any good games lately?"


Lloyd: "I played LiS2 a few weeks ago."

-----------------------

065106097120: Damn that's a good game. Had me cryin' like a baby for weeks.
065106097120: guys whaddyu think about the game?
HappyWilly: Never played it.
.:Varya:.: same.
Mrs.Motherly: was boring imo
-----------------------



Brianna: "I think the best way is to try and analyse their personality. Mrs. Motherly and the number guy are both trying to engage everyone. I think they're the most chatty. From what I know, they can't be Philo or Claves. I need to test this further."


Brianna: "Mrs. Motherly, 065106097120, ever gone on a road trip?"


Sydney: "Yep."


Noel: "Same as above. -|-|-Kuo-te-yu-|-|-, yo where you at?"


Lloyd: "Let me try and analyse the speech patterns...typing patterns. Some of them are using abbreviations and slangs a lot. Some choose to type perfectly. Some are trying to adopt a persona I think."

-----------------------
pppaullack: @Mrs.  Motherly @065106097120 ever gone on a road trip?
Mrs.Motherly: yep
065106097120: ^
065106097120: @-|-|-Kuo-te-yu-|-|- yo where u at?
-|-|-Kuo-te-yu-|-|-: sorry sorry im still here
-|-|-Kuo-te-yu-|-|-: wassup nigga
Mrs.Motherly: hardcore cringing rn
pppaullack: same
-----------------------


Philo: "It appears we have to say something every minute or we will be kicked out of the chatroom. What should I type...ah, I know."


-----------------------
.:Varya:.: Everybody, have you seen Thunder to Thunder? They re-released it in cinemas last month.
xXLuciferXx: What's that? Never heard of it.
HappyWilly: Neither have I.
Mrs.Motherly: must everyone respond
pppaullack: I think so. It's only fair
pppaullack: I havent rly had the time to watch movies lately. stuff happened
065106097120: I feel u
Lloyd: Not sure about you guys but where I'm from, using u to replace you fell out of style 10 years ago.
Mrs.Motherly: says xXLuciferXx
xXLuciferXx: I didn't choose the name.
HappyWilly: We can all try to type in proper sentences.
.:Varya:.: ok
.:Varya:.: Ok.
-----------------------



Chris: "Damn it. I guess I'm really out of touch with the youth."


Claves: "Thunder to Thunder...it sounds too familiar...oh, I think it was mentioned in one of the seasons. Philo acted in the movie, I remember him mentioning that. That means Varya is Philo."

Sydney: "Snarky response from Lucifer. The only snarky one I know based on our interactions while waiting at the time portal is Noel. Although it could be Lloyd too."


Sue: "I think we should head back to asking questions as well. HappyWilly how many languages do you know?"


Claves: "Too many to count. -|-|-Kuo-te-yu-|-|-, what is one thing you would say to your former self?"



Chris: "That's a good question...I would probably tell myself to not regret things I did in the past, but also not to neglect family."




Brianna: "Everyone is saying vague things. Nobody is going to divulge their identity. Who is Kuo te yu?"

*
*
*


Philo: "Oh, I have been disconnected. Did I not respond in time? Wait a minute, what's happening? 'Fill in the names of the contestants who match the following screen names'...oh. Time is up."


Claves: ".:Varya:. is Philo. I'm pretty sure of it from the conversation. I think -|-|-Kuo-te-yu-|-|- is Chris."


Noel: "HappyWilly knows a lot of languages. Clearly it's not me so it must be Claves. Mrs. Motherly talks more like a pre-teen than a mother. Before we got here, the only one who talked like that was Sydney."


Chris: "pppaullack is a hard one, but if the rest are right, I think it's either Brianna, Claves or Lloyd."

*
*
*


"Contestants, you just had a brief chat with your fellow contestants using only verbal cues. It is time to reveal your identities."
Chris: "I am -|-|-Kuo-te-yu-|-|-."


Sue: "I am Ursula."


Lloyd: "I am xXLuciferXx."


Sydney: "I'm Mrs.Motherly."

Philo: "I am .:Varya:.."


Claves: "I am HappyWilly."


Brianna: "I'm pppaullack."


Noel: "I'm the idiot who chose to use a random number generator for his username."



"All of you have identified one another correctly, so all 112 points have been earned. A job well done. Hopefully this bodes well in your journey towards finding the Mole. Since all of you were identified however, no exemption will be handed out."

The contestants are off to a good start with the first mission. Can they keep it up? Is the Mole only getting warmed up?

Pot: 112/112

*
*
*

The future...exists



Claves: "I still can't believe that this...the future...exists."

~~~

Philo: "Doesn't even taste close to the real thing. The future sucks."

~~~


Sue: "Lloyd, I was thinking about us..."

~~~


Philo: "Sure. Turn the bloody intro into a shitshow. 'Cause more needless drama is what we need."

~~~


Noel: "Man, does anyone here have a normal life?"

~~~


"Contestants, in your respective seasons you never had to deal with a single red screen. Unfortunately, that will change."


"When your name is called, approach the controller. The landscape in front of you will change, and from there you will know your fate."

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!