Wednesday 26 October 2022

54.09-This looks like Greek to me



On the Smole, the contestants had to dig in the sand for 10 inventions and arrange them in chronological order of invention. They made too many mistakes and thus earned 0/100 points for the pot, leaving it at 170/400 points. Arnold dug up a hidden exemption but it was Dolores who needed it as she was executed next. Was she a Mole candidate? Who are the Mole candidates?

*
*
*


Beatrix: "I am certain Dolores was a Mole candidate. There is no other explanation for her poor performance. She even tried to bury an oil lamp but was caught by Augustine. Unfortunately for me that means my ticket to the end is gone. I need to search for another Mole candidate. And I still haven't gotten a coalition. Arnold shared some information with me but it is not enough and he is unwilling to work together because he already has one with Augustine."

*
*
*


Agatha: "You're really well-versed with island life, Everett."
Everett: "I'm in love with the lifestyle."


Arnold: "Man is there anything you can't do?"
Beatrix: "No."

*
*
*


For their next mission, contestants will be listening to various songs. They have to identify the singer's ethnicity from the songs.


Thereafter, they will need to find the corresponding screen showing words in that nation's language. They have 30 minutes and every correctly identified song earns them 10 points. This mission is worth 160 points.


You can play along!





Claire: "Do you know this song?"
Desdemona: "Not really."
Claire: "Let's keep listening till the chorus."




Desmond: "This is a Shakira song."
Agatha: "What ethnicity is Shakira?"
Desmond: "Cuban or Colombian or something."
Agatha: "Let's try and take a look."


Desmond: "Nope. This isn't Colombian...actually, what do Colombians speak? Colombian?"


Agatha: "'Romantique ou grossier'. That sounds like French."


Desdemona: "Oh it's that Blue band? Aren't they American?"
Claire: "I think they're Greek."
Desdemona: "You can search for the Greek screen while I listen on for the next song."



Arnold: "This song is not my jam."
Beatrix: "This is Andrea Bocelli. He is French."




Everett: "Shine bright like a diamond~"
Augustine: "Do you know this song?"
Everett: "It's Diamonds  by Rihanna."


Everett: "'This is an English sentence'. How convenient that it's right behind me."


Agatha: "What language are you looking for?"
Beatrix: "French."
Agatha: "I saw a French screen over there."


Arnold: "I'm not even going to try and pronounce this one. What's the next one? 'Romantique ou grossier'."
Beatrix: "This is the one."


Desmond: "Agatha come back! I found the screen. 'Sus cadera no mienten'. I think they speak Spanish."


Claire: "This looks like Greek to me. 'Το συγκρότημα πρέπει να αγαπά το τένις'."




Claire: "Wow I have not heard this song in a long time."
Desdemona: "It was by Gotye right? I thought he's Australian. 
Claire: "I thought so too."
Desdemona: "I'll take a look around the screens to see what languages there are."




Arnold: "Ayo it's Freddie Mercury from Queen!"
Beatrix: "So, English?"
Arnold: "They said not to guess an American or English ethnicity. He looks Indian though. Shall we give that a go?"



Agatha: "So I'ma light up like dynamite~"
Desmond: "You're a BTS fan?"
Agatha: "I'm allowed to feel young."
Desmond: "Heh."


Agatha: "The Korean screen is in front of us."
Desmond: "Allow me."




Augustine: "I still do not know what song this is."
Everett: "Neither do I. And it's ending soon."


Desdemona: "I think he was Belgian too if I remember correctly. 'Er is één verrader' looks Belgian."




Claire: "Oh this is Somebody You Loved by Lewis Capaldi. I was always fond of his sexy Scottish voice. Where's Desdemona?"



Agatha: "Do you know this song?"
Desmond: "Unfortunately not. Do you?"
Agatha: "I'm not certain but I may have an idea."




Arnold: "I'm up all night to get lucky~"


Beatrix: "Let go of me."
Arnold: "I'm just getting into the mood of the song."


Arnold: "OW!"
Beatrix: "I told you to let go of me."


Beatrix: "Now if you know this song so well why don't you go and find it?"


Claire: "Desdemona, where did you go?"
Desdemona: "I took a look at every screen. I think Gotye was Belgian."
Claire: "This current song is ending. It's by Lewis Capaldi who is Scottish."




Desdemona: "A new song is playing. And I have never heard of it in my life."
Claire: "I haven't either but this is our last song. Let us listen till the end before we make a decision."



Augustine: "I know this one."
Everett: "You do? Great 'cause I'm just vibing to the music."
Augustine: "I am trying to remember his name. I think he is a Haitian singer."
Everett: "That's all we need to know. Now go find the song."


Augustine: "Can you stop sabotaging and do something for once Everett?"
Everett: "Sabotaging? How is this sabotaging? I don't know the song, you do, so you go and find the language."


Augustine: "There is no use arguing with you."
Everett: "He has a stick up his ass."


Agatha: "That's not the language I'm looking for."


Agatha: "Ah there it is. 'Đây không phải là một màn hình chính xác'. It has all the random strikethroughs and accents."


Arnold: "I found it. Daft Punk is either French or Italian and since we already have French they must be Italian. 'Smettila di cercare indizi nei testi' is Italian right?"


Arnold: "Whatchu doing bro?"
Desmond: "I'm trying to recall who sang Sunday Bloody Sunday."
Arnold: "U2. They're an Irish duo."
Desmond: "I know that."




Arnold: "Hey babe what song are you listening to?"
Beatrix: "Do not call me babe."


Beatrix: "They sound Swedish."
Arnold: "I don't remember what the song is called or the singer but I think they were from another Scandivanian country."


Arnold: "Denmark? No that doesn't sound right."
Beatrix: "Listen to me. It is Swedish."
Arnold: "Yes ma'am."


Agatha: "Where are you going?"
Desmond: "You took your sweet time to get here. In that time I figured out what I should do. We're looking for Irish."
Agatha: "I'll help you look."


Desdemona: "I still have no idea what the song is."
Claire: "We don't have much time to think about it. You can make a guess for that song while I look for the Scottish language."




Everett: "Mamma mia, here we go again~"
Augustine: "Everett."
Everett: "What? It's a classic. I can't help but sing along...fine fine I'll go find the Swedish screen."
Augustine: "I'll go with you."


Desmond: "'Shíl mé i gcónaí go raibh an duo seo Gearmáinis nó Sínis'. I'm going to take a stab at the dark and guess this is Irish."


Claire: "What screen do you have Desdemona?"
Desdemona: "'Tätä kieltä on vaikea oppia'. I don't know what language that is."
Claire: "This screen says 'Er fjörður fuglategund'. Do you think that could be it?"
Desdemona: "It's our best bet. We don't have a lot of time left."


Beatrix: "Found the Swedish screen."
Augustine: "Hey that's our screen."


Everett: "What's going on?"
Augustine: "They took our screen."
Beatrix: "Our singer is Swedish. We are correct."
Everett: "I can tell you that our singer was ABBA who is definitely Swedish."


Beatrix: "You are wrong."
Everett: "I have seen Swedish signs before and I can tell you that is Swedish. We're at the right place."
Arnold: "Maybe we have the wrong screen? We don't actually remember the singer. Take on me, take on me, we'll be gone in a day or two~"


Arnold: "Do you know that song?"
Everett: "I do. I heard it while at Norway."
Beatrix: "That doesn't mean anything."
Arnold: "It's our best bet."


Beatrix: "Then stop wasting time talking."
Arnold: "Wait up babe!"


Arnold: "'Fisk er mat, ikke venn.'"
Beatrix: "This is the one."
Arnold: "I trust you."


Claire: "I'm not sure this is the one. 'Skriv gerne en kommentar og støt mig'."
Desdemona: "It has a special 'o'. I think it's telling me something. Let's just bet on this one. We don't have much time left anyway."

*
*
*


The contestants said "One Love"'s singers have Greek roots. That is correct.


They said "Waka Waka" was by a singer from a country with Spanish as its official language. Indeed that is true.


"Fall On Me" is a song by an Italian. The contestants had mistakenly identified the wrong song but as this is one of the correct languages, the points are still earned.


They said "Diamonds" was by a singer from a country that has English as an official language. Rihanna is from Barbados whose official language is English.


They said "Somebody That I Used To Know" is by a singer whose ethnicity relates to Dutch. That is correct again.


They said "Dynamite"'s singers have to do with Korean. Correct.


They said "Mr. Bad Guy" is a song by a singer whose ethnicity corresponds to a country that speaks Gujarati. That is true.


The next song was "214" by Rivermaya, a Filipino band. They did not identify the Filipino language as one of the correct languages.


"Somebody You Loved" is by Lewis Capaldi who has Scottish roots. The contestants got Scottish Gaelic correct.


"Tragedy" was by Hanoi Rocks which is actually does not have correlations with Vietnamese but instead Finnish.


The contestants got the song "Get Lucky" which is sung by singers with French roots correct.


The contestants correctly identified Haitian Creole as the language pertaining to the nationality of the singer of "Wish You Were Here", Wyclef Jean.


"All Is Full Of Love" is by Bjork who is Icelandic. The contestants failed to identify Icelandic as a correct language.


The contestants correctly said Irish was one of the languages. It is related to the song "Sunday Bloody Sunday".


"Take On Me" by A-ha, a Norwegian band, has been identified and the Norwegian language too.


The last song related to Swedish and that is also correct.

Altogether the mission has brought in 130/160 points, which is a good job for the contestants. However, one of them must be executed next. Who will it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!