Sunday 20 August 2023

57.07-That wasn't part of the script



Previously on the Smole, the contestants were randomly divided into two groups to do word ladders while racing to be the first to the end to get an exemption. In the end, Aria made it, but she decided against getting the exemption to save the pot and prevent John from being safe too. This added 65/120 points to the pot, making it 183/300 points. However, it turned out that Aria needed that exemption as she was the next one to be executed. Will it be a man's season this season?

*
*
*


Anthony: "Why is nobody making breakfast and serving it?"
Lawrence: "You can make it yourself. It's not our job."
Anthony: "It's not mine either. Am I supposed to starve? How do any of you live without being served food?"


Lawrence: "Oh my god. Why are you so whiny?"
Anthony: "You mean it's not custom to be served?"
Lawrence: "Of course not. If you want to be treated like a king then I suggest you leave right now and crawl back to your tiny little kingdom."


Lawrence: "Actually, on second thought, let me serve you something real quick my prince."


*
*
*



Technology is scarce in Dragon Valley so the residents find their entertainment in the form of plays at World's Theatre. Unfortunately, the theatre has strict requirements for Sims to appear on stage, one of which is the presence of the Y chromosome. 


So instead, today 6 contestants will perform out in the public for free. However, they have no idea what they'll be performing.


That's where the other 3 come in. They will have to guess song lyrics. If they do so correctly, they are able to provide the correct improv cues for the others to act, and if performed well, 10 points can be earned. Otherwise, they will be given wrong cues.

*
*
*


Finn: "Aria left too early. This would have been a perfect mission for her. Fortunately we still have Anita who used to sing so she was definitely going into that group of 3. Lawrence volunteered and I too because I listen to quite a bit of pop songs."

*
*
*



Play along with the first part of the mission here! You can pause the video before the answers are revealed if you don't want to get spoiled (the answers will also be revealed at the end of the episode).

*
*
*


Anita: "Should we split up?"
Lawrence: "I think we can work together."


Finn: "There's one right in front of us."


Anita: "Everybody's been stared down by the enemy."
Finn: "Ominous."
Lawrence: "This sounds like a metal song."


Anita: "Should we be thinking of Celtic music?"
Finn: "Wait, it's coming to me...everybody's been there, everybody's been stared down by the enemy, la la la la la, say what you wanna say, and let the words fall out..."
Lawrence: "Brave."
Finn: "Yes, that's the one. Nice work Lawrence."

*
*
*



Lawrence: "There's another lyric here. Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof."


Finn: "Isn't that Happy by Pharrell Williams?"
Anita: "I have one here too. We in recession but let me take a crack at it."


Finn: "Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof, clap clap clap~"


Lawrence: "Don't you dare finish singing that song."
Finn: "Why not? It's a happy song."
Lawrence: "It's overplayed and I will go over there and murder you personally if it means I can avoid having that earworm."
Anita: "I'll answer Wilkommen."

*
*
*



Anita: "Over here. There's one here."


Anita: "Let me hear your body talk. Does that ring any bells?"


Lawrence: "It sounds like a Britney Spears song. Like Toxic or something."
Anita: "Shall we answer that then?"
Lawrence: "Yeah sure."


Anita: "Wait, I think it's an old song. It's that physical workout song...Physical."
Lawrence: "If you're sure we can answer that."


Finn: "Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly? I don't know. Harpoon?"

*
*
*



Finn: "There! I see it over there!"


Anita: "Is it me you're looking for? That's a Lionel Richie song. It's called Is It Me You're Looking For."
Finn: "Nice. I don't even know who Lionel Richie is so I'll trust you."


Lawrence: "There are no lyrics in this corner."

*
*
*



Lawrence: "If you want it, let's do it, ride it, my pony."
Finn: "It must be a country song."
Anita: "Oh you sweet innocent child."


Anita: "This is from Magic Mike. I can't quite remember the name right now."
Lawrence: "Neither can I. I think it's Ride My Pony."


Anita: "No, I think it's Heaven."
Lawrence: "I'm pretty sure it's Ride My Pony. The song title is even in this lyric."
Anita: "That's why that can't be the answer. It's too simple."
Lawrence: "You're the tiebreaker, Finn."
Finn: "Uh, Anita's the professional here so I think I'll side with her."

*
*
*



Anita: "Blood red nails on your fingertips. That's from Bon Jovi. You Give Love A Bad Name."
Lawrence: "Help me, I'm holding on for dear life. Why are all these song lyrics so metal?"


Anita: "That's familiar."
Lawrence: "Which means it must be an old song."


Lawrence: "Could it be another Bon Jovi song?"
Anita: "Living On A Prayer? It's a song about the struggles of the working class."
Lawrence: "Yeah, I suppose."
Finn: "Guys, some help here? I don't know what this is from: She run, run, run, run."


Lawrence: "That's Beyonce. Running, if I recall correctly."
Finn: "Are you sure? What do you think, Anita?"


Lawrence: "Do you not trust me?"
Finn: "No, I mean, yes, I mean, it's not that I don't trust you. I trust the ex-professional more."


Anita: "I think it's that girl power song. Who runs the world? Girls, girls~"
Finn: "Oh, Run The World? I've heard that before. Could that be it? There's a lot of running in this line."
Lawrence: "It's up to you who you want to listen to. You bear the consequences."
Finn: "Jeez, way to put the pressure on me."

*
*
*


"Once upon a time, there lived a beautiful young maiden with skin as white as snow and cheeks as red as rose."


Lydia: "You do it."
Ximena: "Oh, okay."


Ximena: "Oh, what a wonderful day."


"Indeed, what a wonderful day. The birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming...in fact, it's a day so wonderful that Snow White decides to break into a song, from the Disney movie Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, for 10 points."


Ximena: "Oh no. I don't really know a song from Snow White."
Aldrin: "Just sing something."
Ximena: "Fair, fair, fair maiden, white as snow and rose?"


"In this kingdom lived also an evil queen."
Lydia: "I guess that has to be me. I'm the only woman left."


"This queen is vain and obsessed with herself. She seeks constant validation from her magic mirror. So that's what she does today too."


Lydia: "Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?"
John: "You are."


"Now, this magic mirror comes from a long long time ago, way before this story and before the queen was even born. It's a family heirloom, so the magic mirror speaks in 'ye olde speak' until otherwise told to stop, for 10 points."
John: "Oh. I knew I should have brushed up my Shakespeare. Ahem. Thou, queen, you are the fairest of them all."


"Usually, the mirror answers with her, but today, it says something that shocks the queen. In fact, it shocks her so much that for 10 points, she starts speaking in Latin until otherwise told to stop."
Lydia: "I don't know Latin so I'm skipping this."


John: "It's not you anymore, O Queen. I have looked deep and found that I have been missing out on ole' Snow White. She-thou is the fairest of them all."
Lydia: "Blasphemy!"
"The Queen is so outraged by this revelation. How could she lose her spot to some 14-year-old? This creates a Pavlovian reaction in her such that every time she hears the name Snow White she hiccups, for 10 points."


"Snow White."
Lydia: "Hic!"


"The Evil Queen calls her Huntsman over, ordering him to kill Snow White."
Anthony: "Let me do it! I want to take part! This is fun!"


Lydia: "Huntsman, I order you to find Snow White and kill her."
Anthony: "Okay."


Anthony: "Hi Snow White! I'm going to kill you."
Ximena: "Oh no!"
"Snow White has to try and convince the Huntsman not to kill her! So she lists 10 reasons, for 10 points."
Ximena: "Oh okay."


Ximena: "I'm young, I'm beautiful, I don't know you, I'm...the main character of the story, there's still so much for me to do, I'm busy...how many is that?"
Anthony: "6."
Ximena: "Okay. You'll go to jail...I'll give you money...you don't really want to do it, and...you don't know how."
Anthony: "Okay. Then I won't kill you."


"The Huntsman has a change of heart and tells Snow White to flee. Snow White runs and runs, until she finds a home. She enters the home and meets 3 short men."


Ximena: "Who are you?"
"Before the dwarves speak, they are suddenly hit by a stroke of genius. For 10 points, one of the dwarves raps an introduction of their family."


Russell: "Yo yo yo, I'm Grumpy, he's Doc, he's Happy, we also have Sneezy and Weezy and...who else is there?"
John: "Sleepy and Bashful."
Russell: "Ah yes! Sneezy and Weezy and Sleepy and Bashful. We're 7 dwarves who work in the mine."


Aldrin: "That's it?"
Russell: "Yeah."


"Snow White explains to the dwarves her predicament and the dwarves happily agree to let her stay. Meanwhile, the Huntsman reports back to the evil queen."


Lydia: "Huntsman, did you kill Snow White?"
Anthony: "No. I told her to flee."
Lydia: "What? How dare you? Off with your head!"
John: "That's the Queen of Hearts. Wrong queen."
Lydia: "Oh. Anyway, do I have to do things myself around here?"


"Yes, yes she does. The Queen comes up with a plan so elaborate that it takes exactly 5 minutes for her to explain it in full, for 10 points."
Lydia: "Okay. My plan involves an apple. I will dress up as an old woman so that she doesn't suspect or recognise me. I'll be this sweet frail old lady that offers her an apple she can't refuse."


Lydia: "Is anyone timing?"
John: "I don't think so."
Lydia: "Then how will I know if it's been 5 minutes? Nevermind, let's just skip this."


"The Queen chooses her final plan among all the possibilities: she'll dress up as an old lady offering Snow White an apple. She asks the magic mirror where Snow White's whereabouts are, then makes her way. The Queen knocks on the door."


Lydia: "Hi, I'm looking for Snow White."
Aldrin: "Snow White, someone is looking for you!"
Ximena: "Who is it?"
Aldrin: "Some old woman who wants to sell you apples."


Lydia: "Hello darling. Here's a free apple."
Ximena: "Why are you giving me an apple?"
Lydia: "Because you're the sweetest."
Ximena: "Oh thank you! Then I'll accept."


"Before Snow White takes a bite, for 10 points, she considers what the market price of an apple currently is and how much of a steal it is that she's getting it for free."
Ximena: "Hmm, 1 Simoleon?"


Anthony: "Ugh, I don't feel well."
Ximena: "That's my line."
Anthony: "No, I don't feel well."


"Snow White drops to the floor."
Lydia: "Muahahaha! My plan is complete! You shall fall into deep slumber, only to be awoken by a true love's kiss."


"Unfortunately, the other dwarves all went out to work. Each of the 3 dwarves name 3 ores that they want to mine, for 10 points. The ores named must be unique."
John: "Gold, copper and silver."
Aldrin: "I wanted to say those. I'll name iron, aquamarine and titanium."


Russell: "I'm not familiar with ores."
Aldrin: "They're like gemstones."
Russell: "Oh. Ruby, emerald and oreium."
John: "That's not an ore."
Russell: "I told you I don't know ores."


"Grumpy suddenly remembers that he left the stove on at home and they rush back."
Russell: "We left the stove on at home! We got to head back or Snow White will burn to death!"


Aldrin: "Oh no! Snow White is dead! She's inhaled too much smoke!"
John: "Let me check her pulse. She's still breathing. She just went into a coma."
Aldrin: "It must be from that apple."
John: "I don't think she'll ever wake up."


"All 3 dwarves have to sing the same sad song to mourn her for 10 points."
Aldrin: "Amazing Grace~"
John: "Like a candle in the wind~"
Russell: "Nevermind I'll find someone like you~"


"The Prince happened to be out riding his horse nearby when he sees a sleeping Snow White."
Anthony: "Oh no! What happened?"
Aldrin: "She ate a poisoned apple and is now in a deep sleep. She can only be awoken by a true love's kiss."
Anthony: "I truly love her. I'll kiss her!"


"Instead of kissing Snow White, the Prince decides to prove his love for her. For 10 points, he has to belt out the line 'And I will always love you' for 30 seconds straight."
Anthony: "And I~"


Anthony: "Blegh!"


Ximena: "Ew! Anthony! You just barfed all over me!"
"Well that wasn't part of the script, but I guess the Prince decides to give Snow White his body fluids which wakes her up. And they live happily ever after. The end."

*
*
*


It's time to find out how well the group did. Finn, Russell and Anita listen to the songs they were supposed to identify.


"Everybody's been stared down by the enemy" is from Brave by Sara Bareilles.


"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof" is from Happy by Pharrell Williams.


"We in recession but let me take a crack at it" is from Billionaire by Travie McCoy ft. Bruno Mars, not Wilkommen.


"Let me hear your body talk" is from Physical by Olivia Newton-John.


"Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly" is from Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice, not Harpoon.


"Is it me you're looking for" is from Hello by Lionel Richie. The song name is not called Is It Me You're Looking For.


"If I was gay, I would think hip-hop hates me" is from Same Love by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. The contestants did not give an answer to this song.


"If you want it, let's do it, ride it, my pony" is from Pony by Ginuwine, not Heaven.


"Blood red nails on your fingertips" is from You Give Love A Bad Name by Bon Jovi.


"Help me, I'm holding on for dear life" is from Chandelier by Sia, not Living On A Prayer.


"She run, run, run, run" is from Creep by Radiohead. This means only 4 correct improv cues were given.


"It has been determined that none of the correct cues were performed satisfactorily, so no points have been earned."
Lydia: "That was a waste of effort."
Anthony: "But it was fun!"


The group pot is at 183/410 points, the first major failure they had to date. Will this trend continue?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!