Saturday 21 September 2024

59.07-Don't look for me, Egyptian government

Previously on the Smole, the final 10 had to name unique songs based on prompts translated from Chinese. It was much ado about nothing as Adriel accidentally named a song that had already been named, so the pot remains at 98/270 points. With no exemption to save him this time, Raymundo found himself executed as the third man in a row. Will this trend continue or will the Mole be a man this season?

*
*
*


Jordana: "Hehe! We're going to Egypt! I'll miss China but now we get to explore a whole new continent I've never been to. I always wanted to see birds like the Egyptian goose, or the European robin, or the sacred ibis. I know it sounds weird that a European robin is in Africa but it's actually found in many places across Europe, north to south Africa and even in Siberia!"

*
*
*

Mary: "My goodness. It's so hot here."

The contestants are settling in their new abode when an unexpected visitor arrives.


*

*

*



Jordana: "Hey, aren't you the guy from China?"


This season's twist isn't that the contestants are travelling across multiple locations. This season, there may be more than one secret PKer: our first one is Zhang Hua, a 32 year old man.


Mary: "How did you get to join?"
Zhang: "I had to take a quiz just like all of you. I needed to score above the lowest scorer to make it in."


Adriel: "So you got lucky?"
Jordana: "Hehe."
Rudy: "Heh."


Zhang: "I observed all of you without you noticing."

*
*
*



*
*
*

Mary: "I can't see how a PKer can survive long on the Smole. You lose out on so much information in the early days."

*
*
*

Rudy: "There's no way he can be the Mole, can he? 'Cause that means Peter, Ted and Raymundo were executed randomly?"
*
*
*


Zhang: "I have questions."
Sienna: "There's someone speaking downstairs."

Rudy: "What the..."


Zhang: "Does that mean I will be at a disadvantage? I will never be the Mole?"
"Not necessarily. We still have a few more tests before we determine who the Mole is...or Moles are. If we like you enough as a Mole, you can get a chance to take the resident Mole's place if you fulfil the additional criteria of identifying the right Mole in the quiz."

*
*
*


They don't have much time to grill Zhang before their next mission. The contestants have been strapped with a temperature sensor to track their current body temperature. They have to bring their temperature down by 0.3 degrees to earn points.


However, they have to collect points first. To do that, they need to perform activities that either raise their temperature or may get them into hot soup. 

The contestants are spread out across Al Simhara and need to find those activities. Each activity completed can earn 1 point. Each activity can only be attempted by each contestant once.

They have 8 hours in total.


Adriel: "Are you married?"
Zhang: "I am. I have a daughter too."
Adriel: "Too bad."




Zhang: "There is a sign over there."


Adriel: "Skinny dip in the ocean."
Zhang: "I don't feel comfortable."
Adriel: "No need to be modest. It's so hot. It's a perfect chance to cool down!"


Adriel: "There's no need to be modest. Look, just think of the points, alright? You don't want to be the dead weight when you just joined."
Zhang: "I'm not dead."
Adriel: "It's an expression. Trust me, alright? You do this, you become a hero."

*
*
*


Mary: "Al Simhara is too large. We don't have time to waste."

*
*
*


Samantha: "We have to wear outerwear for the entire journey until we find another sign telling us to wear something else."
Seamus: "Are you going to do it?"
Samantha: "I don't know. I may be from Africa but I don't live here permanently. What about you?"
Seamus: "I'm only doing it if you are."
Samantha: "Ok. I think I'll do it. There are clothes in the tent for us to change."

*
*
*


Ramona: "Rooney wait! A sign!"
Rudy: "Wear skimpy swimwear along a beach. I feel like that's illegal."
Ramona: "That's going to help us bring our temperature down."


Rudy: "Should we do it later? When we're feeling hotter?"
Ramona: "Will we remember to come back?"
Rudy: "We just need to budget our time well. When we're almost out of time, we run back here and start cooling off."


Ramona: "Okay, if you're sure."

*
*
*


Zhang: "I'm not sure."
Adriel: "When on the Smole, do as the contestants do. Don't be a scaredy-cat and give up now."


Zhang: "I am neither scared nor one to give up."


Adriel: "Good job! See, there's nothing to be afraid of. It feels great, doesn't it?"
Zhang: "I feel cooler already."


Zhang: "How long do we have to stay here? I think we can move on already."
Adriel: "We only just got in. Stay a little and enjoy yourself. We need to really bring our temperature down before we move on."

*
*
*


Sienna: "There's something stuck onto the mailbox."
Jordana: "Stop running! You'll trip and fall!"


Sienna: "We need to walk alone across this stretch of houses. What do you say?"
Jordana: "Hehe! That's easy!"
Sienna: "We're women here. It's unsafe for us to walk alone."
Jordana: "Not if we walk fast enough hehe."


Sienna: "Alright, you walk first."


Samir: "امرأة بيضاء! وهي ترتدي القليل جدا! يجب أن تكون عاهرة!"


Jordana: "Hehe, that wasn't hard at all."


Sienna: "I'll make a run for it."

*
*
*


Seamus: "Ooh, I like this place."


Seamus: "There's our next activity on the chalkboard. Eat spicy food."
Samantha: "There's one on the other side too: steal from the relic merchant."


Samantha: "I can handle spicy food. I'm not sure it's a good idea to steal though."
Seamus: "It'll be fun, but we can decide that later. Let's order some of the spiciest food they got."


Seamus: "Woah, that guy nearly got bitten by a snake."
Samantha: "I hope we don't have to do that. I would be so scared!"

*
*
*


Samantha: "Are you doing okay?"
Seamus: "Yeah...just...peachy."
Samantha: "You can eat it with rice so that it won't be that spicy."
Seamus: "I'm a real man."


Samantha: "Don't drink the curry like that!"


Seamus: "Yowza!"


Seamus: "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!"

*
*
*


Ramona: "ARE YOU SURE WE'RE ON THE RIGHT TRACK?"
Rudy: "TRUST ME! I GO THE OFF-BEATEN PATH ALL THE TIME!"

*
*
*

Ramona: "I don't know where Rooney was going, but it wasn't to the next activity. We were walking for ages before we saw any signs. He may do this all the time but he forgets I'm a woman in heels! If only I was with Adriel instead. He's far more gentlemanly."

*
*
*



Jordana: "Wear outerwear until we have to change clothes for another activity."
Sienna: "I'm thinking to skip this. How about you?"
Jordana: "I agree hehe."

*
*
*


Seamus: "Here's the plan. You go in there and distract the merchant. I'll swipe the vase while she's distracted."
Samantha: "I really don't like this, but if you're sure that everyone in the market knows we are not real thieves..."


Samantha: "مرحبًا، أنا سامانثا. كيف حالك؟"
Sanaa: "ماذا تريد؟"


Samantha: "أم ماذا تبيع؟"
Sanaa: "يعتمد على مقدار المال الذي لديك"


Seamus: "This is the vase."


Fahad: "يا! ماذا تحاول أن تفعل؟"
Seamus: "Crap."


Seamus: "SAMANTHA RUN!"


Fahad: "ذلك الرجل كان يحاول السرقة!"
Sanaa: "أنهما معا! لا تدعها تذهب!"
Samantha: "أنا لست لص! هذا برنامج تلفزيوني!"

*
*
*


Samantha: "Seamus's so-called plan worked wonderfully...for him. He got away with the vase scot-free but I was interrogated for almost one hour. Fortunately I can speak Arab so I managed to convince them that I am one of them and they let me go, but I don't think I can show my face here ever again."

*
*
*


Mary: "Have you thought your engagement through?"
Sheila: "What do you mean? He gave me a wonderful surprise proposal and I love him, so I said yes. We haven't planned the wedding yet but Seamus has some sneaky ideas."


Mary: "And he's not telling you?"
Sheila: "It's going to be a surprise."
Mary: "What if you don't like it?"
Sheila: "He knows me. And it's not like I'm not helping at all. We agreed to handle different parts."


Mary: "But do you know him?"


Sheila: "Why does it feel like you're trying to sow discord between us?"
Mary: "I'm not. Since we're actually alone, woman to woman, I want to caution you."
Sheila: "Do you know something about him I don't?"


Mary: "Is he your first love?"
Sheila: "Yes. Other than the boy I dated in high school."


Mary: "I have more experience than you. Marriage isn't what it's all made out to be."


Sheila: "What kind of experience? You dated more boys than me?"
Mary: "Yes, and I have married more men than you."


Sheila: "You remarried?"
Mary: "Goodness no! Once is enough."


Mary: "I'm divorced."


Mary: "He cheated on me."


Sheila: "I'm sorry to hear that."
Mary: "I don't want you to end up in the same situation as I am."
Sheila: "Thank you for the concern but not all men are cheaters. I trust Seamus."


Mary: "Really? A blind Sim can tell he's always hiding something. I wouldn't trust him if I were you."


Sheila: "We're here."


Sheila: "...Yeah we're not doing that."

*
*
*


Zhang: "Let us go that way."


Zhang: "Jog along a route with a backpack containing sand. You may find it inside the crate."
Adriel: "Sand again? I'm not doing that. We only just cooled off."
Zhang: "I will try."
Adriel: "Then I have to run with you."
Zhang: "We don't have to be together."


Adriel: "That's true. Good luck then. I'll check out this area."

*
*
*


Jordana: "We have to fight until at least 3 Sims are watching."


Sienna: "There's absolutely nobody here."
Jordana: "We have to try. Maybe the crowd will come hehe."
Sienna: "It's too far out. We'll raise our temperatures for nothing."

*
*
*


Rudy: "Woo, that was hot."
Ramona: "It is getting late. I think we should head back to the first task."
Rudy: "We should try to steal from the merchant first. We're already here."

*
*
*


Samantha: "That wasn't so hard, although it was embarrassing going through the same street."


Samantha: "Oh but it's so hot. Maybe I should head back and change clothes instead. The poor skirt is getting dirty too."

*
*
*


Seamus: "Graffiti the temple. I'm not one to mess with historical culture, but if I'm indemnified then sure."


Seamus: "Don't look for me, Egyptian government."

*
*
*


Ramona: "Here goes nothing."


Sanaa: "You! Stop!"
Rudy: "Damn it."


Ramona: "Aah!"


Rudy: "Hey, is that..."


Rudy: "Turns out the vase isn't the only thing to steal from the merchant."

*
*
*

Rudy: "I recognised that green little thing as an exemption. Raymundo showed it to me when he got it. Now I have my own hidden exemption."

*
*
*


Adriel: "The sun is setting, which means soon the mission will be over."


Adriel: "I just need to keep calm and enjoy the slight breeze. Too bad it's just taking a stroll in swimwear along the beach stretch and not swimming in the ocean, but I guess we can't have both. Too bad there aren't any nudist beaches around here."

*
*
*


Sienna: "I can't believe we're the third ones."
Jordana: "Hehe! Did you know Queen Hatshepsut loved exotic animals? She collected animals from outside of Egypt, including birds from Punt. Legend has it she ordered a panda from China too! Hehe."

*
*
*


Seamus: "Anything to get rid of a sweater on an Egyptian afternoon."

*
*
*


Samantha: "Finally. This is exactly what I need."

*
*
*


Zhang: "This tastes good."

*
*
*


Sheila: "I'm done with the walk. Thanks for waiting."
Mary: "I don't think we have much time for anything else, so let's take it easy now."

*
*
*


Rudy: "Didn't manage to get back to the first sign in time but I think this is much better to cool me down."

*
*
*


Afi: "Put your hands up."
Jordana: "I'm sorry!"


Sienna: "Poor Jordana. Who called the police on us?"

*
*
*


Sienna: "We were vandalising the temple. I was done but Jordana was almost done when the police showed up. She chased me away to hide while she tried to wrap up quickly but unfortunately she was caught."

*
*
*


Ramona: "And time is up."

*
*
*

After 8 hours of trying to earn points while keeping their core temperature low, the contestants have completed 25 activities successfully. But to earn those points, they need to lower their temperature to 0.3 degrees Celsius below when they started. Did they succeed?


Mary started off with a temperature of 37.4°C. At the end of the mission, she brought it down to 36.8°C. With her is 1 successfully completed activity.


Sheila started off with a temperature of 36.7°C. At the end of the mission, she brought it down to 36.4°C and also completed 1 activity successfully.


Zhang started off with a temperature of 36.6°C. He brought it down to 36.3°C and completed 3 activities successfully.


Adriel started off with a temperature of 37.0°C, Samantha 37.2°C and Ramona 36.9°C. They brought it down to 36.5°C, 36.8°C and 36.6°C respectively, completing 2, 4 and 2 activities successfully respectively.


Rudy started off with a temperature of 37.0°C. He brought it down to 36.4°C and completed 4 activities successfully.


Seamus started off with a temperature of 37.3°C. He brought it down to 37.0°C at the end and completed 5 activities successfully.


Sienna started off with a temperature of 36.8°C. At the end, her temperature was 36.4°C and she completed 2 activities successfully.


Last but not least, Jordana started off with a temperature of 36.9°C. At the end, her body temperature was 36.5°C. She completed 1 activity successfully. 


25/90 points have been brought to the pot. Will the group's poor performance continue throughout Egypt?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!