Friday 18 October 2019

48.01-First-mover's disadvantage


It is often said that our eyes betray our true feelings. Eleven pairs of eyes this season will watch one another closely, waiting for the traitor to slip up. Is the Mole resolute enough to betray nothing? We shall find out on this season. This is the Smole, Season 48, a reality game show based on "The Mole". 11 contestants this season take part in challenges, otherwise known as missions, to earn points to fill an imaginary pot. However, this imaginary pot of gold will become real for one of them: the winner, who can unmask the Mole of the group. This winner will walk away with the points in the pot, with 1 point being worth 1000 Simoleons. The Mole walks home with the rest. To determine who gets the money, quizzes will be taken every other episode. The lowest scorer will be eliminated, or executed, each time. In the event of a tie, the slowest one will be executed.

For the past few seasons, the cumulative score has been applied for every contestant. This season, we will return to our roots. Each execution is affected only by its immediate preceding quiz. Only at the finale will scores be accumulated to determine who between the finalists will win.

11 contestants, 1 winner, 1 Mole. Who is the Mole?


Is it Emily Brenner, 27, housewife?


Is it Noah McAllister, 22, unemployed?


Is it Nina Nana, 55, retired singer?


Is it Jay Emenopy, 36, dentist?


Is it Maximillian Caulfield, 45, secret agent?


Is it Oscar Griffin, 40, immigration officer?


Is it Derrick Wyland, 34, teacher?


Is it Mabel Leen, 26, freelance model?


Is it Maya Hennessey, 21, unemployed?


Is it Joyce Womack, 42, waitress?


Or is it Noel McAllister, 39, playwright?

*
*
*



For the first mission, contestants have been asked to elect two leaders. They have picked Derrick and Joyce.  Each of them had to pick an assistant. 


Derrick chose Noel while Joyce chose Oscar.


The rest have been randomly sorted into two teams. Each of them has a codename. Derrick and Joyce know who belongs to their teams but their assistants do not. Through one-word clues, they must guide their assistants to find their team members. Each turn the leader will give a clue and a number corresponding to how many members fit that clue. Each team member successfully found earns 2 points. This round is worth 12 points.

***


Noah: "Oscar is so shady, he wears shades indoors. It's like he's trying to conceal his identity and as a result he sticks out like a sore thumb. I will pay closer attention to him. I definitely didn't want him to be a leader. But Joyce picked him to be an assistant. I'm not sure why. Was it to keep a close watch on him?"

***


The codenames in the first round. Derrick is the red team leader while Joyce is the blue team leader. The black codename is a rogue; choosing this Sim will end the round immediately and no points will be earned.


"Derrick, as you go first, you have one extra task. You are shown nine words. As you can see, only one of them is your assistant's: Nickel. Noel must know his identity before you can win. He knows what his possible codenames are."
Derrick: "Well that sucks. Okay: the words are: Ostrich, Boa, Plumber, Nickel, Penny, Tornado, Hypnotism, Pilates and Jeep. Noel, your word is money."


Noel: "Money...is my codename Penny?"
"Incorrect."


Joyce: "My turn. It is a good thing I am not first. Princess: 2."


Oscar: "I do not know what a Thumbelina is. It could be a princess. That corresponds to Noah. Princess...a princess is sweet, like sugar. I will summon Jay and Noah."



Noah: "I've been summoned."


Noah: "This is awesome."


Noah: "Now what do I need to--"


*ZAP*


Noah: "Woah...I'm impressed already."


Oscar: "There will be no law if everyone can just travel anywhere in a phone booth. There will be no border control."



Noah: "Hi Joyce."
Joyce: "Hi Noah. Are you the only one? I thought I specified 2."
Noah: "Oscar summoned Jay, or Mr. Sugar."
Joyce: "Oh come on. Has he never heard of The Princess and the Pea?"


Derrick: "This is a surprise. I thought it was pretty clear which two it was, so that means Oscar screwed up. Interesting...at least it helps me. Noel, your word is music."


Noel: "Money? Oh, are we still on my codename? Music could be boa or hypnotism, or pilates or jeep. They all involve music somehow. Music, music, music...musical, musica, musicow...is my codename Hypnotism?"
"Incorrect."

Joyce: "Food: 1."


Oscar: "That must be Pea. I have to summon Nina."


Derrick: "Noel, your word is coin."


Noel: "Coin? Nickel? Is my codename Nickel?"
"Correct."


Joyce: "My last word. Astronomy: 1."


Oscar: "I have to summon the Sagittarius, Maya."

*
*
*


Joyce: "Maya, welcome."
"Congratulations Blue Team. You have found all your team members first. 8/12 points have been earned for this round."

***


Joyce: "Each leader would earn tokens based on how many team members were found. Oscar gave one to Derrick but I have three. I could use each token to get some information or keep them to use as corrections. I'm still undecided on which I want."

***


For the second round, Noah has chosen to be the leader of the red team while Maximillian is the leader of the blue team. Noah's assistant is Oscar while Maximillian's assistant is Jay.



Noah: "Bedroom, Cheer, Fireworks, Navel, Telescope, Stars, Hallelujah, Yemen and Blue are the possible codenames for Oscar but Oscar's is bedroom. Let me try and test him. Oscar, your codename is woohoo."



Oscar: "Surely there are other words...bedroom is my codename."
"Correct."


Maximillian: "Crap. They have a headstart. I need to find an association between the 3 words but I can't seem to find it...ugh, idiot: 1."


Jay: "I hope he's not calling me an idiot. I'm summoning Derrick."

*
*
*

Derrick: "Knock knock."


Maximillian: "Come in. I've been expecting you."


Noah: "Wand: 1."


Oscar: "That is the magician, Nina."


Maximillian: "Begin: 1."


Jay: "That should be Emily."


Noah: "Fudge. This is a first-mover's disadvantage. Whale and Caesar...mammal...no, a whale's a fish...dead: 1."


Oscar: "It could be Hunt or Caesar. If it was Caesar he would not have given this clue. I think I will call Mabel."


Oscar: "I hope you bring me good news."
Mabel: "I hope so too."


Mabel: "Which room do I enter? Red or blue? RED OR BLUE? I can't decide!"
"Enter the room on the right."
Mabel: "Okay..."


Maximillian: "Excellent. I didn't even need to do anything to get you here."
"Congratulations. All members of your team have been found. 8 points have been earned."

*
*
*


For the third round, Noah and his assistant Noah are on the red team. Oscar and his assistant Mabel are on the blue team.


Noel: "Lightning, Fridge, Destruction, Bird, Eggshell, Cupid, Mirage, Bolt, Giraffe. Noah and I are like brothers. We have telepathy. He'll definitely understand what I mean when I say Usain."


Noah: "Bolt?"
"Correct."


Oscar: "Animal: 3."


Mabel: "3? Which three do I call? Who do I choose? WHO DO I CHOOSE?"


Noah: "You okay there?"
Mabel: "Peachy...or am I? I don't know what I'm feeling now."
Noah: "You still need to call someone."


Mabel: "I know, I know...but there aren't 3 animals! What could he mean? Maybe Oscar thinks a toadstool is an animal? I think I'll go with...erm....erm...I can't decide...okay, okay...I'll pick Joyce, Jay and Maya."

*
*
*


Mabel: "Did I call the wrong guys? I hope not. Maya, your look is worrying me."


Maya: "I am sorry. They want me do this."


Maya: "Sorry."





Mabel: "AAH!"



Oscar: "...No points."

*
*
*


For the fourth round, Nina has volunteered to be on the red team. Her assistant is Joyce. Emily is on the blue team and her assistant is Maya.

***

Maya: "I tell her, my Simlish no good. She pick me. I no help."

***

Nina: "I don't see anything that says I must help my assistant get her codename first. I will go for the points. Music: 3."


Joyce: "Vinyl, gramophone and...taxi? That's Derrick, Jay and Maximillian."


Nina: "No, no. It was supposed to be Christmas."


Emily: "I can't see a link between my remaining words. How about: Roar: 1."


Maya: "Roar? Roar is sound...animal sound..."


Mabel: "Why am I here again? Maya, are you going to attack me again?"


Maya: "No! I am sorry. They want me bomb you."


Mabel: "I'm a model. I'm supposed to look good. I look like a walking disaster."

*
*
*


Mabel: "Which room do I enter?"


Emily: "Mine."
Mabel: "Oh hi Emily. What are you doing out here?"


Emily: "They told me to come and fetch you because you were pacing outside the two rooms for 5 minutes."


Nina: "If Joyce wants to play things this way, I don't mind cooperating. Joyce: War: 1."


Joyce: "War? What do any of the words have to do with war? Man? That's a very weird choice of clue if it was Man...unless she's referring to my codename. In that case, it is probably Fort."
"Correct."


Emily: "Yes! Now is my chance. Read: 1."


Maya: "Read? What is read? Read is...book. No book. Sign...read? Is it Noah?"

*
*
*



"Congratulations. Your team has found all the members first. 10/12 points have been earned."


***


Mabel: "All of us have to be a leader once. I didn't know when I wanted to be but in the end I was pushed to take part in Round 5 as leader. I know I'm going to suck. I won't know which is the best word."

***


Jay and his assistant Emily are on the red team. Mabel and her assistant Maximiillian are on the blue team.

Jay: "If I want to win I need to call more than one at a time. I hope Emily can be trusted. Places: 2."


Emily: "That should be playground and vineyard. That corresponds to Noel and Maya."


Jay: "Oops. I forgot about Vineyard."


Mabel: "Erm...marble? What if he doesn't understand? Furniture? That's only one word...round? What if he thinks sand is round? Which word should I use...I can't think of a good one. Round it is. Round: 2."
Maximillian: "That's not a good clue. The best I can think of are Noah and Joyce."


Maximillian: "Come on..."


Noah: "Hey."
Mabel: "Yes! He got it!"


Joyce: "Wait for me."
Mabel: "Yes! He understood me!"


"Congratulations. 8 points have been earned."


***


Maximillian: "We were down to the last round. I should have expected it to be different. Maya's our weakest link. She won't be able to cope."

***



For the last round, Maya will be playing against the Mole. The rogue has been removed and each team member found will earn 5 points. 35 points can be earned in this round but only if Maya finds all her members first. Otherwise, this round earns nothing.



Maya: "Oh no...I begin Nina. Name: 1."


Nina: "She must be referring to Othello. I'll summon Noah."


Mole: "Food: 1."


Mabel: "Do I help the robotic Mole or not? I can earn points but if Maya loses nothing is earned. Why did the Mole choose me?"


Joyce: "I've been summoned. That's not good."
Mabel: "I'm just following instructions."


Maya: "Name: 1."



Nina: "Did I call the wrong one by mistake? Does she mean Canada?"


Derrick: "I'm from the blue team."
Nina: "Oh no..."


Mole: "Drink: 1."


Mabel: "Drink? Could it be potion?"


Oscar: "I am team blue."


Mabel: "I'm not sure if I'm happy or not that you're here, Oscar."
Oscar: "I understand. You were following what you were told."


Maya: "Nina no know me. I choose different one. I no know...hunt: 1?"


Nina: "It's either Bow or Rabbits. My first instincts tell me to pick Jay."


Nina: "Jay, tell me that you're part of the red team. My poor heart can't take otherwise."



Jay: "I'm from the red team."



Nina: "Really?"



Jay: "No. I just didn't want you to get a heart attack. I'm a dentist, not a doctor."


Mabel: "I should have messed up on purpose. Now we get nothing."

*
*
*



"No points have been earned in this round. The Mole has won. Altogether, 34/95 points have been earned. The Mole may have won this round, but some of you have won something potentially more valuable. Use it wisely."


The first mission of the season has been less than ideal. Can they make up for it or will the Mole take the lead till the end?

***

Round 1
Red: DERRICK, NOEL, Jay, Maximillian, Mabel
Blue: JOYCE, OSCAR, Noah, Nina, Maya (Win)
Assassin: Emily

Jay-Sugar
Maximillian-Nest
Mabel-London
Noah-Thumbelina
Nina-Pea
Maya-Sagittarius
Emily-Folder

Round 2
Red: NOAH, OSCAR, Nina, Noel, Joyce
Blue: MAXIMILLIAN, JAY, Mabel, Emily, Derrick (Win)
Assassin: Maya

Nina-Magician
Noel-Caesar
Joyce-Whale
Mabel-Hunt
Emily-Start
Derrick-Fool
Maya-Condemnation

Round 3
Red: NOEL, NOAH, Nina, Maximillian, Derrick
Blue: OSCAR, MABEL, JayJoyce, Emily
Assassin: Maya

Nina-Cake
Maximillian-Pyramid
Derrick-Flower
Jay-Sphinx
Joyce-Toadstool
Emily-Whiskers
Maya-Fairy

Round 4
Red: NINA, JOYCE, Derrick, Jay, Noel
Blue: EMILY, MAYA, Noah, Maximillian, Mabel (Win)
Assassin: Oscar

Derrick-Vinyl
Jay-Gramophone
Noel-Christmas
Noah-Sign
Maximillian-Taxi
Mabel-Dinosaur
Oscar-Man

Round 5
Red: JAY, EMILY, Oscar, Noel, Derrick
Blue: MABEL, MAXIMILLIAN, Maya, Noah, Joyce (Win)
Assassin: Nina

Oscar - Sand
Noel - Playground
Derrick - Deli
Maya - Vineyard
Noah - Table
Joyce - Necklace


Round 6:
Red: MAYA, NINA, Maximillian, Emily, Noel, Noah
Blue: MOLE, MABEL, Derrick, Jay, Oscar, Joyce (Win)

Maximillian-Showman
Emily-Rabbits
Noel-Tunnel
Noah-Othello
Derrick - Canada
Jay - Bow
Oscar - Potion
Joyce - Mushroom








1 comment:

  1. Assume that for the last round the summonned contestants were segregated at first and only came together at the very end.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!