Tuesday 29 October 2019

48.06-Throw a curveball, life


The contestants were doing well until the last mission where they earned 0/50 points. They failed to complete a Sudoku puzzle together in time. The only one who managed to fill in all her colours was Emily and she received an exemption for that. Does she need it? Who does?



Joyce: "Maya usually isn't late for breakfast. It's not like her to sleep in."


Joyce: "Maya, are you in there?"


Joyce: "Is that crying? Are you crying?"


Maya: "No..."


Joyce: "Maya, what happened?"


Joyce: "Maya, open the door. You're scaring me."


Maya: "I am good."


Joyce: "It didn't sound like it."


Joyce: "Look at you. You know you can tell me what happened, right? Did someone bully you?"
Maya: "No..."


Maya: "I miss...my father..."
Joyce: "I can only imagine. It must be hard on you to be so far from home at a young age."


Maya: "I no leave my father before...but he sick..need money for doctor...no money..."


Joyce: "What made you decide to come to the Smole?"
Maya: "Someone tell me...I do...mother give me nice shirt..."


Joyce: "The stress must be getting to you. This isn't a relaxing game either. Do you need me to help you? We can revise together? You can join my coalition with Derrick."


Maya: "Huh?"


Joyce: "Work together?"


Maya: "Okay..."

***


Joyce: "I know it probably isn't good for my game but I couldn't bear to see a girl like Maya so sad. I see her like my own daughter. Maya really cares a lot about her parents. If only Chloe could be like Maya."

***



Noah: "I just don't trust that guy."


Jay: "I don't fully trust him either."


Jay: "As long as we're honest with each other I think we have nothing to fear."
Noah: "I hope so."

***


Noah: "They haven't done this thing where someone you know is the Mole for a very long time. I'm worried that with Dad and I being the only ones who know each other this time, he's the Mole. It suits him so perfectly. I can't take that risk so I decided to outsource my information. Jay seems pretty willing so I'm working with him on the side too but I just don't know how much I can believe his words. It never hurts to be too careful."

***


Emily: "I missed out on the mission after I was done so do you think you could fill me in?"


Noel: "I could, but you have to pay an entrance fee first...wink wink."


Emily: "What? I didn't think you were that kind of man."


Noel: "Oh I'm just kidding. You can't take a joke. Of course I'll tell you. You don't have to ask."


Noel: "Basically we all sucked big time and failed horribly. Closer to the end we just coloured in wherever we wanted. It was like an adult colouring book but free. Pretty therapeutic actually."


Emily: "Noel! I'm being serious here."
Noel: "So am I. High stakes aside it was pretty relaxing. While some of them like Derrick absolutely missed the target Noah and Jay hardly got their ass out of the chair. While I don't agree with their method I completely understand my son so it's nothing abnormal. Should've checked if there was glue."

*
*
*


Maximillian: "I need to stop growing a heart."


Maximillian: "Hey Maya. What are you doing?"
Maya: "Read...study."


Maximillian: "Are...you feeling better?"
Maya: "Huh?"


Maximillian: "Joyce said you were crying. It was a slip of the tongue. Don't blame her."
Maya: "I am good."


Maximillian: "Good. You're like the daughter I never had. There's just something about you that makes everybody want to protect you."


Maya: "You no father?"
Maximillian: "Huh? He's dead, if that's what you're asking?"


Maya: "No. You no father? You father no? You no daughter?"


Maximillian: "Oh, well, of course I have a daughter! But she's different from you. She doesn't mean anything to me..."


Maya: "Huh?"
Maximillian: "What I meant was she can get on my nerves sometimes. But we love each other very much. I can take care of her fine. I don't know why her random uncle decided to move in."


Maya: "Uncle?"
Maximillian: "His...my brother. I had an accident but I survived. I'm fully recovered and more than capable of taking care of my daughter. Benjamin's just overprotective. Anyway seeing that you're fine makes me feel more at ease. I should get back to my own revision."


Maximillian: "Damn it. I knew I shouldn't have softened."

*
*
*



Oscar: "Falem."
Derrick: "I don't quite get what you mean. Is that some sort of codeword?"


Oscar: "How much do you know about Karzottas?"


Derrick: "It's communist and has a pretty strict government?"
Oscar: "Is that all?"


Derrick: "What were you hoping to hear?"
Oscar: "Nevermind."


Derrick: "You're behaving very weirdly. Is there something I should know about Karzottas?"


Oscar: "Forget this conversation ever took place."


Derrick: "O...kay? Is it just me or is everyone in this house weird?"

***


Oscar: "Maybe they are scared to reveal their identity because we are being filmed. That is why nobody is reacting. I know the insider is in here. My information cannot be wrong. I will find them and make sure nobody will ever hear of their name."

***


It is time for the quiz. 10 questions about the Mole's identity. The lowest scorer will be executed.



Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: What is the Mole's occupation?
A: Unemployed
B: Dentist
C: Secret Agent
D: Immigration Officer
E: Teacher
F: Waitress
G: Playwright


Q3: Which car did the Mole take in Mission 3?
A: Red
B: White
C: Blue


Q4: Did the Mole drive in Mission 3?
A: Yes
B: No


Q5: Was the Mole seated in the front or the back of the car in Mission 3?
A: Front
B: Back


Q6: In Mission 3 what colour did the Mole choose?
A: Red
B: Blue
C: Yellow
D: Green
E: Orange
F: Pink
G: Purple
H: Grey
I: Brown


Q7: How many colours did the Mole have left after Mission 3?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 3
D: 4
E: 5
F: 6


Q8: How many colours did the Mole fill in in Mission 3?
A: 1
B: 2
C: 3
D: 4
E: 5


Q9: In Mission 3, how many squares did the Mole colour correctly?
A: 0%
B: 20%
C: 60%
D: 67%
E: 100%



Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Emily Brenner
B: Maximillian Caulfield
C: Jay Emenopy
D: Oscar Griffin
E: Maya Hennessey
 F: Noah McAllister
G: Noel McAllister
H: Joyce Womack
I: Derrick Wyland

*
*
*


"Contestants, it is your third execution ceremony but only the first time one of you can officially heave a sigh of relief before it's even begun. Who will be the unlucky victim this time?"


"Joyce Womack."





























































































































































































































































"Safe."


"Oscar Griffin."


































































































































































































































































































"Safe."


"Jay Emenopy."




































































































































































































































































"Safe."


"Noel McAllister."
Noel: "I once wrote a play about a weatherstone. I put it in a very good life. If it knows what's good for it it'll repay the favour."
















































































































































































































































































































































































"Safe."


"Noah McAllister."











































































































































































































































































































































































































"Executed."


"Unfortuantely, Noah McAllister, you have been executed."
Noah: "Crap."
Noel: "Oh come on. Stop trying to throw a curveball, life."


Emily: "Noah? No way."
Oscar: "Did you suspect him?"


Emily: "Erm...I plead the fifth?"


Noah: "What I hate most about this game is that you can never fully be sure of yourself. You can never know the full picture and have to rely on snippets of what you saw, or on others. Unfortunately I was forced to make some conclusions and I thought I had over 50% chance of survival, but I guess I was wrong. If I had known I would be executed I would have used the correction, or at least gave it to Dad. Dad, I hope you win."


Noah: "First in, at least not first out."


Noah has been executed! Was it the fault of his father or was he too conservative for this Mole?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!