Friday 4 October 2019

47.15-My snake is broken


Previously, the final 5 replayed a mission seen in Season 35, to which 160/160 points were earned. Nobody found the exemption and despite the 777/1200 points in the pot, it was not a good omen for Jasmine as she was executed. Only four remain. Three of them can get to the finale but one will miss out and settle for fourth again. Who will be the three finalists? Who is the Mole?

***


Melvin: "I really don't know what to say. I didn't expect this at all. I thought I would be out first or second, maybe at most third. I never expected myself to make it to the final 4 for the second time. Of course, now that I'm here, I'm going to do my utmost best. Both my suspects are still here with me though so I have to keep my eyes specially peeled today to make the final call."

***


Melvin: "I was wondering when my season's mission would turn up."
Derek: "The only one left is Sandra."
Melvin: "Hers could be the finale mission."


Derek: "There are 11 of us though and only 10 missions in that case. Someone's season isn't represented."


Melvin: "You think it's Sandra?"


Derek: "What? Err, no? Forget I said anything."


Sandra: "Woo! It's so awesome to speed...shh, I didn't say anything."


Monique: "They're even having it at the marketplace like last time."



Contestants can't leave Monte Vista without visiting Al Fresco Street Market. In Season 31, the final four visited the marketplace to charm snakes. 16 seasons later, they're doing it again. There will be four baskets in the marketplace, each worth a different amount. Contestants must pick one of the baskets to try and charm a snake out in 15 minutes. If they succeed, they earn whatever that basket is worth. Otherwise, they lose that amount from the pot.


Melvin: "I'll take a look outside."
Monique: "I'll go upstairs."


Sandra: "I'll search this area."


Monique: "Oh, that was easier than expected."


Monique: "40 points. That's a lot."


Monique: "I can't screw this up."


Monique: "Uck! Is that what it's supposed to sound like?"


Melvin: "I don't think that's what a basket holding a snake would look like, nor would I think they would put it out here."


Derek: "There's one right here."


Derek: "10 points...wouldn't want to risk losing too many points."

Derek: "I'm not comfortable with my blowing skills."


Derek: "Ew. How do musicians play the trombone?"


Sandra: "Where are the baskets?"


Sandra: "I'm almost at the end of the hallway."


Sandra: "Oh, it's here."


Sandra: "Easy does it."


Sandra: "20 points. I'll take this one."


Sandra: "So I just blow?"

***


Sandra: "We had to look around for the baskets and open them to see their worth. We could then choose to take that basket and charm or find a different basket. I'm not known for my patience so I just went for the first basket I saw."

***



Melvin: "This is the toilet!"


Monique: "It's not working."


Melvin: "Derek, I can't seem to find a basket."
Derek:" To your left."


Melvin: "This one?"


Melvin: "It looks a little different from your basket."


Derek: "Not that one. At the pavilion."


Melvin: "Oh."


Melvin: "This looks like the only basket left. I don't have a choice but to take it."


Melvin: "30 points. That's significant."


Melvin: "Take a deep breath and..."


Melvin: "Ack! I choked on my own saliva."


Monique: "Come on, snake, be charmed."


Sandra: "This is pretty exotic. Venus would love it."


Derek: "Nothing is coming out, damn it. Time is running out."


Melvin: "I never got the hang of this."


Monique: "Am I playing it wrongly?"


Derek: "Come on, damn it."


Melvin: "I'm out of breath."


Melvin: "There's an actual snake in here, right?"


Melvin: "Yup, I felt it."


Melvin: "Yikes!"


Melvin: "I woke it up."


Melvin: "Control the snake, don't be afraid..."


Melvin: "I did it."


Melvin: "Oh my goodness."


Sandra: "Yeah, it's out! Oops, gotta keep playing."


Derek: "Why isn't it working?"


Derek: "I think my snake is broken."


Derek: "I can't brute force this. I've got to outwit the snake and lure it out."


Cobra: "Hiss..."


Monique: "Oh!"


Monique: "I never thought about what breed it would be."


Monique: "I did it."
"Monique, you have charmed the snake, but your basket is worth the most, so you have an additional task to get the points: kiss the cobra."


Monique: "Are you kidding me? It's venomous!"


Cobra: "Hiss!"


Monique: "Aah!"


Monique: "Oh my gosh."


Monique: "That was frightening."


Monique: "There, there...if I calm myself and don't look like a threat, it won't do anything to me."


Monique: "Here goes nothing."


Monique: "My first kiss was with Morris; my second kiss was with a snake."

***


Derek: "I was the only one left who hadn't succeeded so the rest stood around me as they tried to help me, but I think it just scared the snake from coming out. I would be stressed if a crowd hovered around me expecting me to perform."

***


Derek: "Guys, you're stressing me out."


Melvin: "You have under 2 minutes. You have to persevere."


Monique: "I had to kiss a cobra. Yours is nothing."


Melvin: "Wait, what? I'm glad I didn't have to do that."


Sandra: "This I have to hear."
Melvin: "Did you get an exemption for it?"
Monique: "No, I was told that because my basket was worth the most I had to kiss the snake after charming it."


Derek: "Guys, shut up! You're polluting the noise. The snake can't hear my music."


Melvin: "We're almost out of time."
Sandra: "You can do it. Don't just blow. You have to move your fingers around too."
Monique: "I need to brush my teeth extra hard tonight."


Monique: "It's out!"
Sandra: "You did it!"
Melvin: "Just in time too."


Sandra: "That means we earned another 100 points. We're an amazing group."


Derek: "Took you long enough."


Snake: "Hiss..."
Derek: "Woah! Sorry. Didn't mean to be rude."


"Contestants, congratulations. All of you succeeded in the nick of time, so all 100 points have been earned. The pot now has 877/1300 points. You're free to spend the rest of the afternoon browsing the produce and wares at this street market."

*
*
*


Melvin: "I need to pee. I nearly peed my pants when I saw the snake jump out."


Sandra: "Maybe I should really learn to cook someday. These vegetables look so fresh."


Derek: "The group is stronger than the Mole, so I think the Mole has given up at this point, or maybe there's a chance to lose everything and the Mole is just building up to that."


Monique: "The Mole might have taken a low amount so that they look like they're contributing even though it's not much. This season, it's not about how much the Mole kept out of the pot; it's about how little was brought in."


Sandra: "The Mole hasn't given much room for us to think and investigate what went wrong because things hardly did. That's pretty smart in itself but I think just like how we lured the snake out, we managed to lure the Mole out of its hiding spot and show itself."


All four of them succeeded but one of them has to be the Mole. Who is the Mole?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!