Monday 14 October 2019

47.19-You tell me


47 seasons, 11 returning contestants, 3 new finalists, 1 new Mole: Derek Zora, Monique Plaita and Sandra Rius proved that they had what it takes to be a finalist and managed to beat everyone else to be a part of the final three. One of them will win the the pot, which is currently at 842/1400 points, and one of them is actually the Mole. Who will win, who will lose, who is the Mole?




Sandra: "I'm really happy to be in the finale. One part of me feels like I should have been there last season too. However, Melvin's execution is hard for me to accept. We really bonded. He was a very good friend. I'll miss him and I think the final three won't be as exciting without him around. Not to worry though. I'll soldier on for his sake, and for all those who believe in me."



Monique: "This is it. This is the goal I wanted. Back in my season I missed out because I let distractions get to me. I could have found the Mole and took the money home but instead I was swayed and confused. Maybe letting him get managed by someone else was an impulsive decision...anyway, this season I listened only to myself and it got me far. I'm confident I'm right this time."



Derek: "One more mission and then it will be all over. We'll see if I'm right and if I win. I think I could have done better this season but I should give myself more credit. I made it to the end, after all. And I helped the pot so much with my mental and physical abilities. My only worry is that my competitor has had the Mole longer than I have but if not, the victory will be mine."

***


The finalists' last mission is taken from Season 4.


In this building are two almost-identical rooms, save for 10 differences as chosen by the Mole.


The Mole also assigned a value to each difference. Contestants have 10 minutes to find all the differences.


Derek: "We have 15 minutes to study the room first before going up."
Sandra: "Let's not waste any time."


Sandra: "If I were the Mole I would swap a few books around."


Monique: "Where would the Mole put the most points on?"


Derek: "Red, red, blue, blue..."


Sandra: "Hmm..."


Sandra: "Something tells me the chairs will change so I will study them."


Monique: "I won't spend too much time on the pictures. They are quite easy to notice."


Derek: "The Mole won't be able to resist the plants."


Sandra: "If one of the differences is about the amount of dust collected on the window sills I'll scream."


Monique: "15 minutes isn't a lot of time considering the number of things that can change. We have to spend it wisely."


Derek: "I agree. There's too much to remember."


"Time is up. Contestants, please head upstairs. Your 10 minutes of searching begins."


Sandra: "The books were the first thing I noticed. I think some of the titles changed."
Monique: "If you're sure mark it."


Sandra: "I will."


Derek: "Red, red..."


Monique: "Are all the photos in the correct position?"
Sandra: "It looks like it."
Monique: "I'll take a closer look."


Sandra: "All the chairs are in the right order too. I guess that would have been too easy to spot."


Sandra: "Hmm, the pie is there too, and the crockery is correct, as are the..."


Sandra: "I could have sworn the books were in a different order."
Monique: "Are you sure there are two differences on books?"
Sandra: "Why can't there be?"


Derek: "I think the pot was brown, not grey."


Derek: "This is definitely a difference."


Monique: "Are the towels the right shade of red? Hmm, the mat looks smaller."


Sandra: "Are the clothes the same?"
Derek: "I didn't pay close attention."



Monique: "I'm sure there's something wrong here. I think the newspaper article is missing a word."


Monique: "I think the crockery have been jumbled around too."


Derek: "The books are in the right order."
Sandra: "We shouldn't just be looking at the colour."


Derek: "Oh. That's actually all I noted. I didn't want to lift them up and accidentally mess around."
Sandra: "You have to note the layout and positions of each book too."


Derek: "Would the Mole really go so far?"
Sandra: "You tell me."

***


Derek: "The quiz made me realise that some of the others suspect me. I can use it to my advantage and try to appear useless so that they think it's me. Then they'll be misled and I'll win. Smart, right?"

***


Monique: "When was there a tissue box here? Wasn't it the magazines?"


Derek: "Guys, I think the cushions changed."


Sandra: "Do you think this is a difference?"
Monique: "Surely not."
Sandra: "Then I'll take another look around."

***


Sandra: "The room was small but we couldn't find all the differences. We're just not as attentive to details as we thought."

***


Monique: "Was there a vent there?"


Derek: "I can't see what else is wrong...ow! There's a pen here. I don't think it was there previously."


Sandra: "I think a pen is missing. It must have been taken from here."


Sandra: "Does that count as one or two differences?"


Derek: "One, I think. The pen was moved. Actually, it could be two as well. The pen holder is missing a pen and the chair has an extra pen."


Sandra: "We can't be certain if it's the same pen so let's mark it as two."
Derek: "Fine by me."


Monique: "The number of flowers is correct but I think it's jutting out more than before."


Derek: "There's already a difference here so I don't think there's any more here."


Monique: "Something doesn't sit quite right over here."


Sandra: "7...8...9...10. Guys, we have all 10 differences." 
Monique: "We should go over all of them to make sure we're right."


Monique: "Who found these two?"
Derek: "I did. There's a pen on the couch that previously was not there. It was stuck under the cushion. The flower pot over there should be brown."


Sandra: "You didn't put it there because of the different table?"
Derek: "The table looks the same to me. I don't think the Mole has the time to find a new table. More likely the Mole was given two identical rooms and changed some stuff up."


Monique: "I agree that it wasn't glass. Both of us are sure the table is different. Let's change the difference to that."


Monique: "Why are there two?"
Derek: "It was Sandra's idea. She believed that a pen is missing."
Monique: "Didn't it move to the chair?"


Derek: "That's what I said too. I think it counts as one difference."


Monique: "We should count it as one."
Sandra: "Fine by me but then we need to find another difference."


Monique: "I know where to put it."


Monique: "The frames of these two are swapped."
Derek: "Are you sure?"
Monique: "Absolutely. I knew something was wrong here. Let's move on."



Monique: "There wasn't a vent here."
Sandra: "Can the Mole install a new vent?"


Monique: "If the Mole can get a new table he or she can install a new vent."


Monique: "The mat shrunk."
Derek: "You're right."


Derek: "The cushions changed. Sorry, forgot to mark it."


Sandra: "There are two books that swapped, which are these two. On the table there two more books swapped."

Derek: "I think there will only be one."
Monique: "I agree. I think it's either this one or that."


Sandra: "Then it's probably this one. This is harder to spot. We need to find one more difference."
"1 minute left."


Derek: "Shit. We're not done yet and now we must find a new difference."
Monique: "I think I know where it could be."


Monique: "The potted plant has been shifted forward."
Sandra: "Are you sure? It's very hard to estimate it."
Monique: "Which is why the Mole would do it."

*
*
*


After 10 minutes, the contestants think they have identified the 10 differences, but did they actually find the correct ones?



The first difference they noted was that the coffee table is different.


That is correct. This is worth 10 points.


The second difference is that there is a pen stuck in this chair.


The same pen is stuck in the same chair in the first room too.


The third difference is that the frames of the roses swapped.


That is correct and earns 25 points.


The next one is that there is an additional vent.


The vent has always been there, just that it moved. This could have earned 20 points if correctly explained but as they thought it was an additional item, no points are earned.


The contestants thought the mat shrunk.


It did. The Mole thought this was the easiest to spot and gave it only 2 points.


They also thought the cushions changed.


This is correct and worth 3 points.


Did two of the books swap positions here?


No. All of the books are in the exact same order.


The contestants thought a word had been deleted from the newspaper article.


That's not the case. The newspaper article is the exact same.


The contestants thought the potted plant was shifted.


It was not.


The final difference is that the tissue box and magazines swapped positions.


They did. This brings in 5 more points.


"Contestants, altogether you have found 5 differences that netted you 45/100 points. The pot now has a grand total of 887/1500 points. Where are the other 5 differences?"


Other than the vent, another difference missed was this statue. This one has a ball under its right paw.


This one has a cub under its left paw. That's 15 points they missed out on.


The books on the table did change positions.


The second and third book swapped. They could have earned 5 points here.


This difference is worth 10 points. There is a clock above the door.


The clock is missing in the second room.


The final difference is that one of the windows was white instead of brown.


This was worth 5 points.

***


Monique: "I saw more than 10 differences in the room. My eyes were playing tricks on me. We did manage to earn close to half the total amount so it's not a total loss. I'm content that we managed to earn a decent amount this season."

***


Sandra: "Can you believe it? We're at the end of the season."
Derek: "It was so cool to be called back for a second chance at the game and see all the missions replayed and adapted."


Monique: "I'm glad that we've succeeded in earning over 800 points."


Sandra: "Agreed. After 3 seasons of losing to the Mole we can finally make a comeback. This is assuming we have the correct Mole of course."


Monique: "Of course. We wouldn't be here otherwise."
Derek: "It could be complete luck. I think the Mole outsmarted us this season by being so hard to catch."


Monique: "I think we outsmarted the Mole. There must have been so many failed sabotages."


Sandra: "What are you all planning on doing if you win?"
Derek: "Initially I had planned on signing up for IQ training lessons but it sounds a bit ridiculous hearing myself keep talking about trying to be smart. So instead I'm going to be saving up for a wedding."


Monique: "That's prudent and wise. Wisdom is better than intelligence."


Sandra: "Who are you marrying? Dawn?"


Derek: "Yes. I'm dead serious about her. If she hasn't forgotten about me despite not seeing me for so long, then I know I mean something to her, so much so that she won't forget me. If that happens, I'm going to propose to her. I'll show all of you that our love is true and pure."


Sandra: "I guess there's no stopping you. I can only wish you the best. If I win, I'm going to organise a reunion one day. Just give me the dates you're free and I'll sponsor everything."


Derek: "Really? You rock."
Monique: "I still think it's silly."


Sandra: "Come on Monique. The season would have ended. It's time to relax and have fun without the stress of leaving. You deserve to treat yourself after working so hard."


Monique: "I could do better things with my time, but if you're sponsoring everything I might consider."


Derek: "What are you going to do with the money if you win?"


Monique: "Expand the company. I have always been planning on doing so but I didn't have enough liquidity. 800,000 Simoleons will definitely be what I need. I want to own the most successful management company and manage the world's most famous artistes."


Sandra: "We all have our goals but only two of us will be getting the money. Regardless of who wins and who doesn't, I wish all of you good luck and I'm glad I got to be a part of this journey with all of you."
Derek: "May the best man win. Got the wordplay?"
Monique: "Let's just take the quiz."


*
*
*



Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: What was the Mole's first season?
A: Season 16
B: Season 35
C: Season 46

Q3: How old was the Mole in the abovementioned season?
A: 27
B: 29
C: 35

Q4: What is the Mole's job?
A: Traffic cop
B: Professional athlete
C: Businesswoman

Q5: Who was the Mole in the current Mole's first season?
A: The Smart Mole
B: The Mole who went on to win a season with the wrong suspect
C: The Mole that was never chosen in a single quiz

Q6: What is the Mole's favourite food?
A: Tri-tip steak
B: Mushroom omlette
C: Cobbler

Q7: What is the Mole's favourite colour?
A: Red
B: Brown
C: Blue

Q8: What is the Mole's favourite music genre?
A: Jazz
B: Country
C: Dark Wave

Q9: What colour is the Mole's lipstick?
A: Red
B: Pink
C: The Mole does not wear lipstick

Q10: Which of the following Sims had a romantic relationship with the Mole?
A: Logan
B: Morris
C: Dawn

Q11: What did the Mole say when executed previously?
A: I'm half-shocked, half-expecting it
B: I won't make any excuses for myself
C: I should have seen it coming

Q12: In Mission 1, who sat beside the Mole in the car?
A: Kenneth Crunch
B: Matty Crewe
C: Venus Ixora

Q13: In Mission 1, which of the following wrong answers was the Mole's?
A: 1876
B: Neoclassical
C: A

Q14: In Mission 2, who was the Mole's partner?
A: Derek Zora
B: Monique Plaita
C: Reynard Connors

Q15: In Mission 3, what did the Mole wear?
A: Green gloves
B: Green bra
C: The Mole did not dress up

Q16: Who was the Mole's partner in Mission 4?
A: Melvin Willis
B: Henrietta Hitchcock
C: Jasmine Risotto

Q17: In Mission 5, who sat on the Mole's seat?
A: Venux Ixora
B: Melvin Willis
C: Sandra Rius

Q18: In Mission 5, how many balls did the Mole give Jasmine Risotto?
A: 2
B: 3
C: 5

Q19: In Mission 6, how many eggs were in the Mole's set?
A: 1
B: 2
C: 3

Q20: Which of the following cards was in the Mole's set in Mission 6?
A: Baseball
B: Book
C: Rainbow 

Q21: In Mission 7, what colour were the Mole's shoes?
A: Red
B: Yellow
C: Green

Q22: In Mission 8, how many points was the Mole's basket worth?
A: 10
B: 20
C: 40

Q23: In Mission 8, in what order did the Mole find the golden exemption with the Mole's name on it?
A: 2nd
B: 3rd
C: 4th

Q24: In Mission 9, where did the Mole stop at?
A: The diner
B: The retreat
C: The cemetery

Q25: In Mission 10, what vehicle did the Mole use?
A: Black scooter
B: Purple scooter
C: Yellow car

Q26: What was the first thing the Mole looked at in Mission 10?
A: The bookshelf
B: The foosball table
C: The flowers

Q27: In Mission 10, how many correct differences did the Mole mark in the end?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 4

Q28: In Mission 10, what did the Mole claim was a difference?
A: The pen in the chair
B: The swapped books in the bookcase
C: The addition of a vent

Q29: How many exemptions did the Mole get in all of the Mole's seasons?
A: 2
B: 4

Q30: Who is the Mole?
A: Derek Zora
B: Monique Plaita
C: Sandra Rius




Derek: "Monique's wrong answers in the first mission didn't make sense. It seemed like she was trying to get them wrong on purpose. She didn't even attempt to answer one of the questions."


Monique: "Derek resisted some of my instructions in the second mission. One notable moment was when he didn't want to continue deeper into the garden. If he had turned around he would have been eliminated and it felt like he wanted to do that."

Sandra: "Monique had to dress up as Nicki Minaj for the third mission and she did not look like Nicki Minaj at all."


Sandra: "I couldn't understand why Derek chased Venus in Mission 4 after eliminating Reynard. She wasn't worth points, she wasn't eligible for an exemption and she wasn't able to enter the men's bathroom and eliminate Melvin."


Monique: "Venus had a good plan to divide the balls fairly but Sandra shot it down immediately. This pissed Venus off and made her think she wasn't going to follow the plan, and things went downhill from there."


Derek: "Sandra said she didn't have good memory but she got every set correct. Later she was the one who pushed the hardest to try and double the points. If we failed, we would have gotten nothing in the sixth mission."


Monique: "Sandra conveniently walked right past many of the texts, claiming she couldn't see very well when the rest of us could. She was eliminated without a single text with her."


Derek: "Monique was distracting me when we were charming snakes. She tried to pretend she cared about me succeeding but she couldn't keep it up for long and made irrelevant comments like needing to brush her teeth."



Sandra: "Derek found his golden exemption rather quickly. It was almost as if he knew exactly where it was hidden."


Monique: "Derek was worth the least amount of points. But he was very competitive and tried to win the race even though he would bring in the least amount."


Sandra: "Monique was taking the lead in the final mission, making decisions and changing our marking if she felt like it. She made some weird decisions too, like claiming the article was missing one word or that there was an extra vent, cleverly highlighting the difference without actually getting it."


Derek: "The Mole is Sandra."


Sandra: "The Mole is Derek."


Monique: "Derek is the Mole."



Who is the Mole?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!