Sunday 20 October 2019

48.02-Teen girls at a boy band concert


In the previous episode, the contestants were challenged on their knowledge of words. 34/95 points were earned and some of them have tokens which can either be exchanged for information or used as corrections. Who will exchange them?

***


Noah: "That mission was so weird. There were many weird things, like with Maya and Oscar. One had the most important role despite being bad at Simlish while the other just feels shady. I would also suspect the smurfed Mabel and Nina. Things went the most wrong with these four."

***


Noel: "I am excited to be here. The Smole! I'm always open to new ideas and experiences. Also, if you're wondering about me and Noah, we have a special relationship, even if he wants to stay away from me sometimes, ha."

***



Emily: "So you guys are family?"
Noah: "Yep. Say hello to my dad if you haven't already."
Jay: "It's so cool to be so close to each other to be able to join a show together."


Noel: "I'm more than his father...wink wink."
Noah: "Groan."


Emily: "Ew. I don't want to know that."


Noah: "Ignore him. He's joking. I'm half-certain he hit his head when he was younger and the doctors who operated on him had to remove his brain. There's a reason why the only community that accepts him is the theatrical community."



Jay: "The two of you look more like brothers if I'm being honest."
Noel: "That's what I meant. In fact, we're only 17 years apart."
Jay: "You had him when you were 17?"
Noel: "Yep. Got wed earlier than we hoped. But I wasn't willing to sacrifice my future and aspirations for this tyke."


Noah: "Parental neglect 101."
Noah: "You mean 10/10 parenting. You know you're a champ because of me."


Emily: "You guys are lucky to be able to joke around like that."


Noah: "I'm curious if you're the wife of that Benjamin Brenner guy. I think he showed up 20 seasons ago?"

Noel: "10. You're supposed to be the younger one here."


Emily: "I...there's no point hiding it, is there? Yes, I'm his wife. I'm ashamed of what he did. The worst part is he had the cheek to blame me for his actions. I'm upset over the loss of the child too but you don't see me cheating."


Noel: "To be fair..."
Noah: "No, Dad. Now's not the time."


Noel: "You don't even know what I was going to say. I was going to say, to be fair, it isn't the end of the world. You can always try again."


Emily: "It's not that easy. And knowing that he ruined another woman's life, and that he's been inside another woman...I don't want to try again with him."


Jay: "On the topic of relations, I'm also related to past contestants. You know Abbie? From the same season? I'm a distant relative of hers."
Noel: "Why not you tell us what your wife and daughter's name is so that the viewers don't have to guess if they show up in the future seasons."


Jay: "My wife's Kay. My daughter's Elle."


Noel: "Is your father M and your mother N?"


Jay: "What?"


Noah: "You're embarrassing me. Remind me why I didn't stop you from signing up?"
Noel: "Because you know you can't stay away from me, kiddo."


*
*
*



Maya: "More big than home."


Nina: "I'm not as young as I used to be. I need to rest."


Maya: "Hello. You want my bed?"
Nina: "What? Oh, no, you can keep it."


Nina: "My bed's that one over there."


Maya: "You no take big bed upstair?"
Nina: "I can still walk, I can still talk and I have a damn good singing voice. I don't need anyone to give up anything for me."


Maya: "You go take big bed."
Nina: "It's sweet of you but I'm fine, really. I've already begun unpacking my clothes."


Nina: "It's just the two of us in this servant's quarters. It's time for some girl bonding."


Maya: "Huh?"


Nina: "I would like to get to know you better."


Maya: "I am Maya."
Nina: "Maya, where are you from?"
Maya: "Africa."


Nina: "Oh, Africa! I always wanted to pay a visit and visit the wildlife there. Why did you come so far from your home?"


Maya: "Money."
Nina: "Money?"


Maya: "My father, sick. Need money. No money."


Nina: "I'm so sorry to hear that. Is there anything I can do to help?"


Maya: "Huh? No. I okay. I do myself."


Nina: "I wish you all the best, Maya. You're a good girl. Let me know if you need help."


Maya: "My mother tell me always be good girl...that cannot be any more."


Nina: "Why not? Is it because of the last mission when you had to throw a paint bomb at Mabel? I'm sure she doesn't blame you for that. You had to do it."


Maya: "You are correct."

***

Nina: "Maya has such a tragic backstory. If I understood her correctly she came here to raise money to pay for her father's medical bills. That poor girl. She must be desperate to come to the Smole. Only two of us will ever leave with money. I feel sorry for her."

***


Derrick: "Hey Mabel. Are you my bedmate?"
Mabel: "Err...can I have this bed?"


Derrick: "I'm already halfway through unpacking though."
Mabel: "But...I...I understand. It's not nice to ask you to move when you claimed the bed first, but I'm not comfortable sharing a bed with a man...I hope you understand."


Derrick: "I won't bite. Promise. I may snore a little but I won't cross over to your side."
Mabel: "Oh, I don't know..."

Joyce: "I'll take the bed. That is, if you don't mind sleeping in the outhouses downstairs."


Mabel: "I don't. Thanks for helping me resolve this."


Derrick: "You're not hung up about sharing a bed with a complete stranger of the opposite sex?"


Joyce: "No. We're both married and aren't romantically involved with each other, so there's no need to act weird about it."


Derrick: "Oh good. I thought I was being weird for thinking it was fine to share a bed with someone else."


Derrick: "Anyway, if you don't mind, I'm going to change and get ready for bed now. And by that I mean strip to my undies. Or do you want me to wait for you to fall asleep first?"
Joyce: "We're both grownups. Go right ahead."

***



Emily: "I heard that Joyce and Derrick shared a bed. Shame on them. They're both married. One thing will lead to another and before you know it two more families fall out. Why can't anyone ever stay faithful to their partners?"

***


Joyce: "This house looks big but it can't fit all of us. There are only 6 seats. Where are the rest of us supposed to eat?"
Nina: "It clearly wasn't meant to house 11 Sims."


Joyce: "I hope I don't come across as weird but I think I've seen you somewhere before..."
Nina: "Maybe I've been to your diner?"


Joyce: "How did you know?"


Nina: "On your first day you wore an apron that said 'Doublubber Diner'."
Joyce: "Oh right. My manager told me it would be a good idea to score some free publicity...wait, I think I know who you are. Aren't you NiNa? You were a legend back then."


Nina: "That's so sweet of you, dearie. I take it that you've listened to my music?"

Joyce: "I'm a fan of your music. I always played your songs in the diner. I still do. Oh look at me, gushing like one of those teen girls at a boy band concert."
Nina: "You're making both of us feel young. I never expected to be remembered after leaving the music scene for so long."


Joyce: "Why did you leave anyway?"


Nina: "It's a long story, but I wanted to focus on my family. I have no regrets. I'm now a proud grandmother. They like to call me Nana Nana. They don't seem to realise that there's a one-letter difference."
Joyce: "But you're only 50. And you look younger than that."


Nina: "Oh, goodness! You have such a sweet tongue."


Joyce: "Sorry. I'm getting carried away."


Nina: "Doublubber Diner right? I'll be sure to stop by someday."

***


Joyce: "I'm feeling giddy right now. I can't believe I met the NiNa, only the best female rock n' roll singer at the time! I can't believe I didn't recognise her instantly. She's really aged, but she's still as fit as a fiddle. It's a breath of fresh air to be able to relive my past happy memories. Makes me feel like there still is a silver lining somewhere."

***


Maximillian: "So you're an Aborigine."
Maya: "A..ba...what?"
Maximillian: "Aborigine."


Maya: "Yes?"


Maximillian: "It makes a lot more sense now that I know you're not a native speaker. But how did you learn Simlish then?"
Maya: "I...learn....myself."


Maximillian: "That's impressive."


Oscar: "It can't be you then."
Maya: "Huh?"
Oscar: "Nothing."


Maximillian: "You don't say something and then take it back. Spit it out."


Oscar: "I'm looking for somebody."


Maximillian: "...Who?"


Oscar: "I can't say."


Maximillian: "I think you must have a bad tip. This is the Smole, not a lost and found centre."

***


Mabel: "I have 3 tokens. I cannot decide if I want to convert them into information or use them as corrections. I don't even know what information I'll be getting. What if it's useless? But what if it's incredibly valuable and will send me straight to the finale? Or if it's a trap? So many possibilities makes it hard for me to decide."

***


Noah: "It sucks to be you, Dad. You have no corrections because of the rogue."


Noel: "I'll get by. I don't believe my luck is that rotten. Besides, I have you on my side, unless you're actually the Mole."


Noah: "You know I can't say."


Noel: "I can tell just by looking into your eyes."
Noah: "Very funny. Anyway, I think I'll give you mine."


Noel: "How generous of you."
Noah: "Take it before I change my mind."


Noel: "Nah, you keep it. You earned it. Are you going to trade it for info?"


Noah: "No. I don't know what's in store so I'm not going to stupidly throw my token into the unknown when I can use it as a correction. If you aren't taking it then I'll keep it in my pocket until the time comes to use it."

*
*
*



Emily, Maximillian, Jay, Joyce, Mabel, Derrick and Nina have decided to use some or all of their tokens to trade for information. The information they can get is dependent on them. Each token allows them to watch a 1-minute clip of one contestant being told to lie about one of the two: being afraid of the sun, or having been in a tank full of cockroaches.


Derrick: "I admit that Noel's my biggest suspect right now from the way he behaved as my assistant. He seems like a slippery guy, always hard to keep a hold of."


Mabel: "I can't decide. Which will give me the best outcome? I should flip a coin...10 times. Why don't they make 10-headed coins..."


Maximillian: "Corrections are useless. What is more important in the long run is information. I just need to decide which three I want to see lie..."


Emily: "Noah was the one who pushed Mabel to go before Maya, ensuring a loss in the final round. That's someone to take note of. I can spare one more clip..."



Nina: "If you notice all my concerts in the past, you would see that I almost never hold them outdoors. I hate sunshine, and am in fact a little scared of them. It's an old wives' tale about how looking straight at the sun can make you blind because the Sun God is unhappy with your defiance...at least that's what my nan told me. So from young I was afraid of the sun and always made sure to hold my concerts at night or indoors."


Joyce: "The diner once considered having a little contest. You know, like those spicy food contests in Asian restaurants. Except in Oregon most of them can't handle it, so my manager came up with something else daredevilish: cockroaches. I was the guinea pig and had to stick my hand into a tank full of cockroaches and then eat a sub with it...wait, it was...nevermind. I can't remember what it was. All I remember was that I was grossed out. It was so icky. I can never forget that...ew. Needless to say that idea was cancelled. Thank god."


Jay: "So, it was for charity, yeah. It was disgusting. Whoever thought of it were monsters. I had to stay in a tank full of cockroaches. Live cockroaches. Big ones, small ones, they were flying everywhere. It was like torture. But it was for charity so I pressed on. Never again, yeah."


Noah: "As you know my Dad is quirky, but our Uncle Bob is even quirkier. I think it runs on their side of the family. Anyway, he once made me dare when I was little to stick my hand in a mystery box...but it was a gigantic one and he asked me to crawl inside. And he told me there was candy. So young me believed him and in I went. I was attacked by cockroaches. Loads of them. I've never been so scarred in my life. I was inconsolable. We don't talk about it anymore."


Noel: "This sounds pretty silly but I'm afraid of the sun. I always liked to joke around that I'm a vampire but really it was because I was afraid of the sun. My mother taught I was a rebellious kid for going out at night but in reality I just didn't want to be caught in the sun without protection. I don't want skin cancer. I willed myself to grow out of it though. Sometimes I still secretly lather myself with sunscreen."


Maya: "I am scared of sun. In Africa girls must white and beautiful and men must strong and big. My mother cover me. Tell me scary story about sun demon. I close my eyes in the sun. I no want go blind or see sun demon."


Oscar: "There's a secret I've been keeping to my chest. I'm afraid of the sun. It's not the sun itself, but rather an organisation that called itself The Liberators. Their insignia was a sun. I worked at the checkpoint and one of them told me to let them through with a fake passport. Back in Karzottas everyone had to abide my the government rule or be executed or deported. I was investigated because the man was identified and I have been on indefinite suspension. It seems like nothing until you realise that you don't get a job anywhere because you're blacklisted, so my family has no income. There's almost no bread to feed my wife and children. My sister and I have given up all our bread for my children and we are forced to find other places to work. It's incredibly scary to live in such a condition, especially when I hear about better cities and countries. I'm worried that the government may convict me of working with The Liberators and sentence me to death. Then nobody will take care of my family."


Mabel: "I am scared of the sun...and cockroaches too. I'm the face of the Leen shampoo. It's a very competitive industry. So one day they tried to formulate new shampoo with cockroaches...actually, it was a rival. A rival company tried to undermine us by sneaking dead cockroaches in our shampoo. It freaked me out  because I pride myself on my hair and would damage my reputation too. Oh the sun is also scary because I can get skin cancer. That's why I'm afraid of using tanning beds too. Actually I also have this weird fear that one day the sun will fall down on us and burn us all to death."


*
*
*

It is time for the first quiz of the season. There are 10 questions about the Mole's identity. The lowest scorer will be executed.



Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female


Q2: How old is the Mole?
A: 21
B: 22
C: 26
D: 27
E: 34
F: 36
G: 39
H: 40
I: 42
J: 45
K: 55


Q3: Is the Mole bespectacled?
A: Yes
B: No


Q4: In Mission 1, in which round was the Mole a leader?
A: Round 1
B: Round 2
C: Round 3
D: Round 4
E: Round 5
F: Round 6


Q5: In Mission 1, was the Mole the leader of the red team or blue team?
A: Red team
B: Blue team



Q6: In Mission 1, was the Mole an assistant?
A: Yes
B: No


Q7: In Mission 1, who did the Mole assist?
A: Emily Brenner
B: Maximillian Caulfield
C: Jay Emenopy
D: Oscar Griffin
E: Maya Hennessey
F: Mabel Leen
 G: Noah McAllister
H: Noel McAllister
I: Nina Nana
J: Joyce Womack
K: Derrick Wyland
L: The Mole was not an assistant
M: The Mole assisted more than one of the above


Q8: Which codename was the Mole's in Mission 1?
A: Sagittarius
B: Nest
C: Whale
D: Hunt
E: Sphinx
F: Cake
G: Vinyl
H: Man
I: Playground
J: Table
K: Rabbits



Q9: In Mission 1, how many times was the Mole an assistant?
A: 0 times
B: Once
C: Twice
D: Thrice or more


Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Emily Brenner
B: Maximillian Caulfield
C: Jay Emenopy
D: Oscar Griffin
E: Maya Hennessey
F: Mabel Leen
 G: Noah McAllister
H: Noel McAllister
I: Nina Nana
J: Joyce Womack
K: Derrick Wyland

*
*
*


Contestants are at their first execution ceremony. They are seated around the weatherstone. When their name is called, the weatherstone will reveal if they are safe.


"Maya Hennessey."
Maya: "Huh?"

















































































































































































































"Safe."


"Derrick Wyland."
Derrick: "I'm in it to win it. Don't fail me now."







































































































































































































"Safe."


"Maximillian Caulfield."















































































































































































































"Safe."


"Emily Brenner."






























































































































































































"Safe."


"Jay Emenopy."

























































































































































































































"Safe."


"Nina Nana."






























































































































































































































"Executed."


"Unfortunately, Nina Nana, you are the first to be executed."


Maya: "NO!"
Derrick: "She was so sweet. I wasn't expecting that."
Mabel: "I'm not sure how I should feel."


Joyce: "Not NiNa! I only just got to meet my idol. I wanted to get to know her better."


Noel: "At least it's not me."
Noah: "Dad..."


Nina: "Well...okay."


Nina: "I have to face reality, don't I? I lost. And that's fine. It was a nice experience. It was nice to meet all of you. I would love to get to know all of you, but I'm afraid it must be after the season."


"Please head to the red LLAMA."


Derrick: "Damn. This is heavier than I thought."
Maya: "Nina..."


Mabel: "You're making me feel bad. Should I feel guilty that she's executed or happy that I'm still around?"


Nina: "I will never grow tired of a magical phonebooth."


Nina: "Nana Nana is going to be Superwoman!"


Nina: "Toodles!"




The oldest contestant has been executed first. How will the others cope without her wisdom and worldly experience?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!