Tuesday 22 October 2019

48.03-Why are you all staring at me like that?


In the first dpisode of the Smole, the 11 new contestants had to lead each other with their mastery of the Simlish language. 34/95 points were earned. Some contestants were beginning to warm up to each other but unfortunately in the first execution ceremony the retired singer Nina was executed. How off-base was she? Who is the Mole?

***


Joyce: "It is disappointing to see NiNa leave so early, but I understand that's how the game works. I just didn't expect it to be so soon...I'm glad I talked to her. She now knows about me and promised to pay a visit to the diner some day. I just feel bad for her roommate Maya. She seems to be taking it the hardest."

***


Maya: "I think house big good...now house big no good...very empty..."

***


Emily: "To be honest I have no idea why I'm subjecting myself to all this. Back then I signed up to get some distance from Ben as well as to find out what exactly on the Smole caused him to cheat on international television. I'm not sure if I want to be with him any more. I can't decide. We've been fighting more often lately, but I don't want to give up a relationship only to regret it in the future."

***


Derrick: "So you're a secret agent. The real deal."
Maximillian: "Are you doubting me?"


Derrick: "I just find it weird you're risking your identity by joining the Smole."


Maximillian: "Well, about that...I was recently busted. So there isn't much point hiding it. I'm just trying to make myself seem more formidable by latching on to my past glory."


Maximillian: "Enough about me. Why are you here?"


Derrick: "I'm going to be a dad. My income isn't great. My wife and unborn child are counting on me to win and bring home the bacon."


Joyce: "Are you spying on them?"
Emily: "Aah! Don't scare me."

Noel: "You've got to share at least."


Emily: "I...I...it's nothing, really. They're just talking about why they're on the Smole."


Joyce: "It's not nice to eavesdrop."


Emily: "I know...please don't tell anyone?"


Noel: "Oh, Derrick joined because he wants to earn money for his family. Derrick's going to be a dad. Lucky him."


Joyce: "Emily? Are you okay?"


Emily: "I'm fine."


Noel: "I wish him good luck. Being a parent sucks big time. Look at Noah. He's such a big handful. He's still living on my property and using my money. And he's going to leave disappointed if money's the reason why he's here."


Joyce: "I can understand what he's thinking. It's not easy raising a child. As parents all we want is to give our children a good environment to grow up in."


Noah: "You talk like you sold your body."


Emily: "I am not surprised."


Joyce: "What is that supposed to mean?"


Emily: "Nothing."

*
*
*




For the next mission, everyone had to pick a number from 1 to 10. They have done so:
1. Jay
2. Noah
3. Mabel
4. Derrick
5. Oscar
6. Noel
7. Maximillian
8. Emily
9. Maya
10. Joyce



They will be visiting the catacombs. There, they can earn 100 points if they work together. 


Emily: "This is really creepy."


Noah: "On the bright side it's somewhat lit."


Noel: "Until the lights suddenly go out."
Maya: "HUH?"


Mabel: "Should we get out of here?"
Derrick: "We're going to be fine. We'll all here together."


Maximillian: "There's a door at the end."


Oscar: "And a question. Jay, did you pick male or female in the previous quiz?"

***

Jay: "When I saw a question for me about the previous quiz, I realised what this mission was going to be. Each of the numbers corresponded to a question in the previous quiz. I'm so glad I picked the first one."

***


Jay: "Female. This is the door we're going through."
Maximillian: "We actually don't know if we're supposed to be telling the truth or lying."


Joyce: "We were told that to earn the 100 points we have to work together, so I think we all need to cooperate and tell the truth. It's only one question."


Mabel: "Should I? I really am not sure."
Emily: "I'm doing it. I don't like this place one bit."


Jay: "Noah, how old is your Mole?"
Noah: "I don't remember what I put..."


Emily: "Come on, please recall."
Joyce: "You're just messing with us right now and I don't appreciate that."


Noah: "I think it was 55."
Oscar: "Interesting..."


Oscar: "Mabel, did you say the Mole was bespectacled?"


Mabel: "I don't know. Did I? DID I?"


Mabel: "What? Why are you all staring at me like that?"


Noel: "I think we were all worried about a casualty in the middle of a mission."
Mabel: "Don't be so dramatic."
Jay: "So...we're waiting? None of us want to spend any more time down here than we have to."
Mabel: "I think it was yes...or was it no? Maybe it was yes...I don't know."


Noel: "Good thing this is a 50-50 choice."


Jay: "What happens when the Mole has to answer? The Mole doesn't have a right quiz answer, right?"



Derrick: "It's possible that the Mole will have to pick the correct answer and that he or she will try to mislead us."


Noah: "Whatever. Let's go through this door."


Emily: "Mabel didn't decide yet!"


Noah: "Do you want to spend the night in here? She's going to be stuck here for one hour if we don't help her make a move."



Mabel: "It's cool, guys. I really couldn't decide which door we had to go through."
Noah: "Couldn't, or wouldn't?"
Emily: "Ugh, Noah's already going through the door. We have to go through with him."



Derrick: "In which round was the Mole a leader..."

***


Derrick: "I really didn't want to tell the truth. I don't know if it was a good idea to. Especially after Noah decided for Mabel so it was likely to be wrong. Yet on the other hand a lot of them were scared and I didn't want to be the one to lead us to a dead end...fortunately this is only the first quiz where a lot of things could be wrong. I just don't like having to reveal who I suspect."

***


Derrick: "This way."


Oscar: "Red team."
Noah: "Are you sure?"
Derrick: "You didn't stop to think."
Mabel: "Now you guys are making me doubt him."


Oscar: "Yes. I remember what I picked."


Noah: "How much can we tru--"
Noel: "Anyone wants to hear some ghost stories?"
Maya: "No..."


Noel: "Hmm, was the Mole an assistant...is there a maybe option? Pretty sure there is a maybe option."


Joyce: "There is a time and place for jokes. This isn't one of them."


Noel: "Fine, fine. I thought I'd liven the mood a little. I know I picked 'yes'."


Jay: "Was that a pun?"
Noah: "My dad can make the dead come back to life just to jeer at him."


Emily: "Not helping!"



Maximillian: "And I get the question with the most options..."
Noel: "What cursed luck."


Maximillian: "Which option is the most non-committal...ah, this one."



Derrick: "Emily, which codename did you pick?"


Emily: "I can't remember."
Jay: "She's freaking out a little right now. We need to calm her down."


Noah: "We don't have time for this."
Noel: "Sorry 'bout that. My boy's a little cranky when he's up way past bedtime."
Noah: "Dad!"


Emily: "I really cannot remember..."


Joyce: "Then which door should we enter?"
Mabel: "Don't look at me."


Jay: "It's okay. Take your time to think."
Emily: "Wait, I think...I think it was one of the middle options...let's try vinyl."



Oscar: "Maya, how many times was your Mole an assistant?"
Maya: "Huh?"


Maximillian: "She's an aborigine. Slow down."


Derrick: "Question 9. Your answer?"
Maya: "Er...one."


***


Joyce: "The moment we realised we were revealing our answers to the whole group I started to think about what to say. My question was the worst because I directly said who I thought the Mole was. In a sense I had total control over the outcome. But there just wasn't enough time. Before I knew it we were at the last question already."

***


Maximillian: "Be honest. I can tell when you're lying."
Joyce: "You watched my clip?"


Maximillian: "Maybe, maybe not."


Noah: "This whole experience has been unnerving, not because we're underground but because we've taken so many risks and had so many uncertainties. And even now we can't confirm if we interpreted the mission correctly."


Emily: "We got so far. Don't make it all for nothing."
Derrick: "We're counting on you, Joyce."
Oscar: "Who is the Mole?"


Joyce: "I..."


Joyce: "Nina. I picked Nina. I now know I was very wrong."

***


Oscar: "Joyce was very tense. It was clear she was unwilling to share who she suspected, so I don't know whether or not to believe her when she claimed she suspected Nina. If I had to pick someone I would say the one who's already gone too."

***



Emily: "We're at a dead end."
Jay: "Because we finished all 10 questions."


Jay: "Who farted?"
Noel: "Looks like someone ripped a big one."
Noah: "Dad..."
Emily: "The ventilation here is so bad."


Emily: "I can't breathe!"
Mabel: "Should I breathe? SHOULD I BREATHE?"


Oscar: "Was it you?"
Derrick: "What?"


Derrick: "It wasn't me. Honest."


Joyce: "Guys, let's focus on the grand prize and then we can get the hell out of here."


Noah: "Do the honours Joyce. You led us directly to this room."
Joyce: "Here goes nothing..."




Joyce: "Guys, I am proud to say that we have 100 points!"
Oscar: "I can confirm that."


Mabel: "Yay! That's a good thing, right? Why is nobody celebrating?"
Jay: "We're happy but we're even more relieved that we're done with this place."
Maximillian: "This is Moonlight Falls. We see ghosts in broad daylight. I really don't know why all of you are so afraid."


Despite the fears the group pushed through and succeeded in claiming all 100 points, making the pot 134/195 points. The fear isn't over yet though, because one of them will be leaving soon after. Who will it be?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!