Tuesday 3 March 2015

17.21-Peas in a pod




16 contestants. 8 teams. Then 14, then 12, then 10, then 9…then 3: Bernie Thatch, Bernice Thatch and Taylor Bleu. They succeeded in earning 960/1560 so far. Who will win, who will be the runner-up and who is the Mole? Find out now!


Bernie: “Hmm…what should I wear? This? Or this?”


Taylor: “Well, I don’t think any suit you.”
Bernice: “Don’t scare me like this!”


Bernice: “I think this is still the best. CEO.”

***


Taylor: “Why can’t you see, you belong with me~ Oh Tay, how I miss you! And my parents too! I’m so close to the money!”

***



“Good morning! Congratulations on making it this far, especially for Bernie and Bernice, who are playing for the first time, and Taylor, for beating all those adults. Today marks your last mission. This is worth 50 points, all or none. You will find a way to crack open a safe inside a Japanese home. Be warned that it’s not easy. Good luck.”


Bernice: “Only one way up.”


Taylor: “How do we enter?”
Bernice: “Let’s check the sides…hey! Where did this come from?”


Bernice: “Aah!”
Taylor: “I felt like I just watched a movie.”


Bernie: “Bernice! Bernice! Please wake up! That’s my wife you’re talking about here! How rude of you!”


Bernice: “I’m okay, just a little giddy. This place is unsafe. We better quit while we’re still okay.”
Bernie: “You scared me. I agree.”


Taylor: “No, I’m thinking we should continue. A few tranquiliser darts…no biggy.”


Bernice: “This door is locked.”
Bernie: “Let’s try this one.”


Bernie: “Come in!”


Bernie: “We have to start clearing the rubble.”
Bernice: “Do I have to? I’m wearing this?”
Bernie: “Yes. Hurry up!”
Bernice: “Grumble grumble. Had I known, I wouldn’t have worn this. Oi! Watch it!”

 
Bernie: “I’m not used to this.”
Bernice: “Ouch!”


 
Bernie: “Move away. I’ll handle it.”


Taylor: “Ooh, money! My parents said not to take what’s not mine…but this must be given to me by the team.”


Bernie: “I hate how heavy this pick axe is.”
Bernice: “Dear your shirt’s all dirty. Let me clean it for you.”
Bernie: “Don’t disturb me or I may swing this at you.”


Taylor: “This painting’s interesting. I have inspiration for a new song!”


Bernie: “Nothing.”
Bernice: “A waste of time.”

Taylor: “I bet something’s inside this well!”


Taylor: “I found a key…stone.”
Bernie: “Alright. Let’s keep moving.”
Bernice: “I’m scared, Bernie.”


Bernice: “And hungry.”


Taylor: “Where did this appear from?”


Bernice: “Be careful! I don’t want you taking risks!”
Bernie: “Unfortunately taking risks is all we can do here. It’s calculated, so don’t worry.”


Bernie: “Another room.”
Taylor: “What were you expecting?”


Taylor: “This statue is not too bad.”
Bernice: “What’s here…oh! I have an idea.”


Bernice: “Oh no!”
Bernie: “Good going, witch.”














Bernice: “Taylor wanted to go inside and be adventurous, so we were dragged in. And once in she started admiring the dĂ©cor instead! What is she up to? And poor me, always the unlucky one. I knew we shouldn’t have entered.”


Bernie: “I suppose it’s okay.”


Bernice: “This is likely to deactivate it then...nothing.”


Taylor: “Time to get picking! I know I’m small but I have great strength!”


Bernice: “Nothing.”
Taylor: “Nothing.”
Bernice: “I can’t go on. I’m feeling weak and hungry.”


Bernie: “What do we have here?”


Taylor: “Then go sit down and watch some TV. Or I’ll do it.”
Bernice: “What?”
Bernie: “You idiot! Don’t!”


Taylor: “See? It’s fine. I’m not that stupid.”


Bernie: “I think this goes here…ow! The light! The F****** LIGHT!”


Bernice: “The door is unlocked.”


Taylor: “This looks interesting.”
Bernie: “Don’t touch it moron!”


Taylor: “It’s so dark…nope, nothing in there.”
Bernice: “Fortunately.”


Bernice: “How do I start this dusty computer? Suppose those notes above will help.”


Taylor: “AAH! I’M ON FIRE! THIS GIRL’S ON FIRE! THE DIVE WELL!” *splash*


Bernice: “The rubble’s blocking the way.”
Bernie: “Scram. I’ll clean this stupid thing off.”


Taylor: “Alright I’m back. I need to relax my nerves now…time to dance!”
Bernice: “I thought you died. Well, there’s no time to dance! I can’t believe you’re still trying to sabotage at this stage.”


Taylor: “Well, if nothing else, we should head home.”
Bernice:  “Agreed.”
Bernie: “What about the mission? Are we going to let 50 points go like that?”


Taylor: “Bernice and I fell into a trap! You ‘man’ didn’t do anything to help us or save us! Do you want us to risk our lives any further.”
Bernie: “Yawn. Since when did you become in charge? I make the decisions. I say we officially quit. The further we go, the higher the risks. It’s like stocks; pull out when the time’s right.”


“Well, the Mole is right before your eyes, sabotaging, because 0/50 points have been earned, making the pot a grand total of 960/1700. That figure won’t be changed.”



Here is the solution to cracking the safe from where they left off.


Turning on the stereo revealed a hole in the ground. Inspecting it would lead to insects crawling all over you and disarming a trap in the last room. By pulling the torch lever by the door leading to this room, they would have disarmed a second trap, or succeeded in cracking the safe further.


Upon entering the last room, they would then find one last trap not disarmed, or the last lock not cracked. Picking at the rubble would reveal a place to put the keystone found in the dive well.


Put the keystone in, get blinded by the light, then watch as the last lock disappears. You have now successfully cracked the safe and can open it.


Get the contents. The TV would then announce that you have won the mission.



There would also be escape dust hidden in the rubble. Use it to escape back home.

Had they hacked the computer in the study, they would also have been able to access more information regarding the Mole.

***


Contestants relax and then take the final quiz.

***


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: How old is the Mole?
A: 15
B: 45
C: 47

Q3: Which room does the Mole sleep in?
A: Brown
B: Green

Q4: Which season is the Mole originally from?
A: Season 7
B: Season 17

Q5: In Mission 1, who did the Mole last face off with?
A: Bernie Thatch
B: Mimi Springer


Taylor: “I made it! Whew! So…you know the drill. First up, Bernie Thatch. The only guy in the house left. Past seasons of the Smole have proven that he would be the Mole because he’s the only male left. Will this season change history? I don’t think he’s ever sabotaged but he can hold a grudge and is very Moleish and suspicious. He’s got a smart mind, so others don’t think it’s suspicious that he made it this far.

Bernice Thatch on the other hand has been victimising herself this season, saying that her husband cheated.  She has sabotaged quite a lot. She’s also quite smart, being a businesswoman, so her suspicion is also lessened. Both of them are peas in a pod, but one of them has to be the black sheep.”


Q6: In Mission 2, who did the Mole lose to?
A: Viola Striker
B: Lysander Harper
C: Dory Neo

Q7: In Mission 4, what position was the Mole in in the second leg at first?
A: 1st
B: 2nd
C: 3rd
D: 4th
E: 5th
F: The Mole was in the first leg

Q8: In Mission 5, why did the Mole leave the site?
A: Fear of being caught
B: The Mole was caught

Q9: In Mission 6, what place did the Mole’s team finish in?
A: 1st
B: The Mole’s team did not finish the leg

Q10: In Mission 7, who was directly before the Mole?
A: Tay Swift
B: Viola Striker
C: Jacintha Neo


Bernie: “Bernice Thatch. I would hate to think it is her. Let me analyse this with a clear head. The criteria for being a Mole are suspicion and sabotage. She sabotaged. She is suspicious and sometimes cryptic and weird. Yet she’s my wife and she’s on my team. Would I not know if she’s the Mole? Unless I’ve been blinded.


Taylor Bleu. She’s young but smart and talented, which makes her rather formidable. She can be that evil and sabotage, and she has, such as by not letting me pass in the first mission and earning points. I refuse to believe that she can make it so far without being executed, especially against all odds. But she doesn’t seem all that suspicious. But she has the one thing neither Bernice nor I have: experience. 3 seasons’ worth of it. She will know how to act like the Mole after watching them. Alright, I’ve made up my mind. I’ve got nothing to lose anyway. I’ll take a big risk and put all my money on this one suspect.”


Q11: In Mission 10, where did the Mole stand in camera view the first time by the hot dog stand?
A: Leftmost
B: 2nd from left
C: 2nd from right
D: Rightmost

Q12: In Mission 11, what trap did the Mole fall prey to?
A: Fire
B: Darts
C: None

Q13: In Mission 11, what unique thing did the Mole do?
A: Jump into the dive well
B: Try to switch the computer on
C: Crack the safe in the solution

Q14: In Mission 11, which room was the one that the Mole entered first?
A: Entrance
B: Tea Room
C: Study

Q15: Who is the Mole?
A: Taylor Bleu
B: Bernie Thatch
C: Bernice Thatch


Bernice: “This is it. The end! Now all is left is to put someone down as the Mole. It’s not me, so it’s either Taylor or Bernie. Let’s start with Taylor Bleu. I don’t know her as well so she’s more likely to be the Mole than anything. She’s sabotaged and in the final mission, she wanted to put me at risk while she admired the dĂ©cor! She wasn’t interested in doing the mission. When she was done and she knew we were getting close, she chose to get us to leave and abandon the mission. If that’s not Moleish, then what is? Especially when it’s the last mission!


Secondly, Bernie Thatch is my husband. I know him too well. He can’t be the Mole, unless I’m blinded. I questioned his fidelity and he is quite smart and cunning. He can easily sabotage without anyone noticing, even his own wife. Plus, the fact that he’s the only guy left who survived 5 executions is something pretty peculiar in general. Oh, what a headache. I must be careful in my options…”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!