Sunday 6 September 2015

21.09-Am I a mossy hill?


Last time on the Smole, the final 7 were given a decoy mission to collect bingo balls. However, they were all secretly offered a deal to earn corrections or exemptions by stealing from other contestants without being caught. Only Shawn chose to work for the pot, earning 10/70 points, or 130/670 points. Lisa managed to get the remaining 6 rainbow balls into her chest, thus earning herself 6 corrections. During the execution ceremony, everyone was nervous and wanted it to be over. Herb was found to be the next one executed. Now that Zachary is the next in line, will he be the next victim? Who is the Mole?

Mission 5-Finding Moxie


***


Donovan: “Lisa, sorry to bother you, but I was thinking…you have 6 corrections. That’s enough to last you for 2 seasons. I don’t think anyone would need that many, especially not a detective like you.”
Lisa: “So you want me to give you some of my corrections.”
Donovan: “Would that be possible?”
Lisa: “We need a trade, so that I don’t stand to lose. What do you have to offer?”
Donovan: “Er…my suspects.”
Lisa: “I don’t need your suspects. If you have nothing for me, leave.”
Donovan: “Oh, oh! I’m in a coalition with Moxie, so I could tell you what we shared with each other. Would that be valuable enough information?”
Lisa: “Two players’ discussion…okay. You sure are acting like the Mole, however.”
Donovan: “I’m not! Why would I do that?”
Lisa: “Alright. I’ll hand you 2 corrections later.”


Moxie: “You smell. Get away from me.”
Zachary: “Well, at least I don’t walk around looking like a slut.”
Moxie: “Excuse me?”
Zachary: “I would never have let my daughter wear such things, especially not in public! And it’s worse when you just get out of bed half naked and walk around the house. Poor Emily…take it as advice from me. I would like to treat you like a daughter.”
Moxie: “No father would say such hurtful things to me!”
Zachary: “It’s for your own good, Moxie. Do you want to get raped? Moxie? Moxie?”


Zachary: “Are you okay? Why are you crying?”


Zachary: “There, there, now…”
Moxie: “GET AWAY FROM ME YOU CREEP! DON’T TOUCH ME! HELP! AAHH!”
Zachary: “Alright, alright, don’t scream.”


Zachary: “It’s okay. Nobody will hurt you.”
Moxie: “I was drugged at that stupid haunt by one of those bar-goers. When I work up, I found out that he…he…”
 
Moxie: “Just go away. You smell.”
Zachary: “I’m sorry.”
Moxie: “Do you think a mere ‘sorry’ will make up for all the pain I’ve been through! I hate you!”
Zachary: “I’m not your rapist!”
Moxie: “That’s what they all say! If you dare lay a finger on me again, I will sue you to hell!”













Zachary: “I had no idea Moxie was a rape victim before. I suppose that kind of explains her attitude towards others. But now she sees me as a rapist. Why can’t money be easy to earn?”

***

 

Donovan: “They removed the two chairs by the sides.”
“Everybody gather round.”


“You will embark on your next mission soon, but first things first: who wants to blend in the most?”


Shawn: “I think that’s me.”
Donovan: “I don’t think that’s such a good idea.”
Eleanor: “I agree. If anything, you stand out.”


Moxie: “Can I go? I’d like to be alone for a moment. And I’m a superstar. Blending in is part and parcel of celebrity life.”


Moxie: “It’s better than him going, right? We can’t trust him. The last time we left him alone the whole mission screwed up.”
Shawn: “Hey! It was just bad luck.”
Eleanor: “Blame everything on bad luck, will you?”

 
Donovan: “She has a point. Not Shawn. We shouldn’t leave him alone. So I agree with letting Moxie go.”
Lisa: “Me too.”
Zachary: “Well…if everyone thinks so.”
“Vey well then. Moxie, please follow me.”

***


 

“Moxie has been disguised. It is up to you to find her. You have two hours. If you succeed, 200 points will be added to the pot. If you fail, no points will be added, but she will get an exemption. Good luck. Your time begins now!”
Donovan: “We need to do this guys! We need to make money!”
Lisa: “Okay, we need to have a plan. We can’t go around running like headless chickens.”
Shawn: “We could ask locals.”
Zachary: “I think we should work in groups of two to three. This is to prevent sabotaging.”
Lisa: “I’ll partner with Shawn. I can watch over him.”
Zachary: “Then the three of us will go together.”
Eleanor: “We should split up to cover more ground.”

***

 
Eleanor: “That guy looks pretty suspicious. Who wears a coat here?”


 
Zachary: “The barn is completely empty.”
Eleanor: “Well let’s split up and ask around. We’ll meet in half an hour.”


Zachary: “Are you Mox…hey, I recognise you! You are Imogen Pelly! You appeared on the Smole before!”
Imogen: “Yes, it is me, Imogen Pelly. But please don’t bring up the past. I’m long over that. I can’t believe that show is still on. It gave me such high hopes only for them to brutally destroy it.”


Donovan: “Would they go so far as to dye her hair and give her a tan? Excuse me, are you Moxie Hills?”
Juanita: “That actress? No, I’m flattered, but I look nothing like her.”
Donovan: “Are you sure? They could have given you quick plastic surgery.”
Juanita: “Are you suggesting that I’m fake? Hmph! Barrington!”


 
Eleanor: “Hey are you Moxie Hills?”
Zac: “Moxie who?”
Eleanor: “Don’t play dumb.”
Zac: “You’re weird, lady.”













Donovan: “I don’t know why Eleanor even bothered with the men. There is no way they could make Moxie undergo a sex change. That is suspicious in my book. She shouldn’t sabotage, really. I won’t. I learnt my lesson. I’m going to help the team to earn points, because it’s seriously lacking. I want Sara to be proud of me.”













Eleanor: “You’ll never know. Producers could make her cross-dress in the ultimate attempt to disguise and fool us. Even if she’s still womanly, it won’t hurt asking locals, men or women, if they saw someone resembling Moxie.”

***


Lisa: “Okay, I’ll go up while you go around searching for here down here.”
Shawn: “Righty-o!”

Shawn: “Is this some kind of joke? Or is this a hint?”


Lisa: “It’s completely empty here. I’m going downstairs to check if Shawn has any luck. He better not be sabotaging.”


Shawn: “Excuse me, but are you Moxie Hills?”
Gloria: “Am I a mossy hill? Do I look like a hill to you?”
Shawn: “No, no, Moxie Hills.”
Gloria: “Are you leering at my cleavage, my ‘hills’?”
Shawn: “Ow! Why did you slap me?”
Gloria: “Young man, I am disappointed!”
Shawn: “Well, have you seen a Moxie Hills? Or a disguised lady?”
Gloria: “I haven’t seen a disgusting lady, but there’s a disgusting man standing right in front of me!”
Shawn: “Ow! Why did you step on my toe?”













Shawn: “I was certain that Moxie was nearby because I saw the other ex-contestants. Either that or Moxie was one of them. That’s clever, disguising her as an ex-contestant. I didn’t ask any of them though. At the time I just thought she would be nearby, not one of them. We wasted so much time searching at the beach, only to find no lead.”

***


Zachary: “I didn’t find her either.”
Eleanor: “You should be asking if they saw someone new to town or someone looking odd, not if they were Moxie Hills! They wouldn’t admit it!”
Zachary: “So now what? Want me to go ask again?”
Eleanor: “No. Some already left.”
Donovan: “Well, where do we go next?”


Barrington: “YOU! You look like their leader! How dare you suggest that my lovely Juanita is fake and plastic?”
Eleanor: “I don’t know who you are, mister, but I did nothing of the sort. I do not take accusations lightly.”
Barrington: “I don’t either! I want you to compensate!”
Eleanor: “Ha! Ridiculous! You’re on national TV right now, you know that? You’re embarrassing yourself. Trying to suck my money dry? Not a chance! I could easily suck your blood dry.”


Donovan: “Wow, she won.”
Zachary: “I am terrified for my life right now.”
Donovan: “I’ve never seen a woman so fierce.”
Eleanor: “It better not have started because of you two, or I will kill you.”
Zachary: “Let’s agree never to anger her.”

***


Shawn: “Why are we running? Oops, I nearly tripped.”
Lisa: “This is nearby. We wasted our time there.”


Lisa: “Well…”
Shawn: “Gosh it’s creepy and dark in here.”


Lisa: “Hello there. Have you seen a lady who is about this tall and whose face looks like this?”


Shawn: “If you’re Moxie you better admit it right now. And no, I’m not looking at your boobs.”


Cheyenne: “Why are you looking at my boobs? I’ll slap you for that!”
Shawn: “I just said I wasn’t—oof! That hurts! Why am I so unlucky? I got slapped twice already.”

***

 
Donovan: “I really don’t think she’ll be at the graveyard, Eleanor. It’s dead silent, pun unintended. I think she’ll be at the city area, where it’s more crowded so she can blend in.”


Eleanor: “We’re here already, so let’s just go and look around.”


Zachary: “Welp! Nobody’s here, so let’s go!”
Donovan: “Looks like there’s only one place to go—the mausoleum. You’re not scared, are you?”
Zachary: “What? Of course not! You go first. Oh, I want to be back at home doing my shopping spree with my family. I think Emily will be waiting for me to pick her up from tuition…oh wait, she’s gone…no, no she isn’t. She’s waiting for me.”
Donovan: “Hurry up, Zachary!”

***


Shawn: “We’ve been driving around aimlessly for…how long has it been already?”
Lisa: “According to my watch, we’re left with forty minutes. We haven’t seen her in sight, so let’s just enter the next building we see.”

Shawn: “It’s like a ghost town. I don’t see anyone.”
Lisa: “Ghosts, your head. Look behind you.”

***


Zachary: “I just knew it was a bad idea to go down there.”
Eleanor: “Where is Don? I don’t want to have to go back in there to save his ass.”

***


Shawn: “Hey, did you undergo plastic surgery?”
Hailey: “Excuse me? That’s insulting.”

Lisa: “Excuse me, mister, but have you seen a lady who’s about this tall and about this size?”


Patricia: “Bert! Accompany me to pee-pee!”
Bertram: “Hang on a while! Can’t you see I’m busy?”
Librarian: “SHH!”


Hailey: “Ouch, my ear. He’s loud.”


 
Bertram: “Anyway, does she have black hair?”
Lisa: “I’m not sure if it’s dyed, but yeah it originally was.”
Bertram: “I think she’s just over there.”
Lisa: “Thank you for your time sir.”

Hailey: “I really think your parent should have taught you some manners.”
Shawn: “What did I do to deserve a lecture…”
Hailey: “I know the sun set but stop yawning. It’s rude.”
Lisa: “Come on, Shawn. We’ve got a lead.”


 
Lisa: “Shawn, I think we found our target.”


Shawn: “But is it her?”
Lisa: “I had to disguise myself once during a case. I can tell if it’s a disguise or not.”
Shawn: “She’s leaving! What do we do?”
 

Lisa: “Well, she’ll come back. I’m quite certain of it. Ah, the perks of a detective.”


Shawn: “She’s back.”
Lisa: “Shawn, you know, I don’t think we’ll ever find Moxie. She’s so bland she blends in like wallpaper!”
Shawn: “What do you mean?”
Lisa: “Work with me here.”
Shawn: “Oh! Oh, yeah! Her acting is so horrible she doesn’t need to act to be average!”
Moxie: “Hey! I have superb acting skills!”
Lisa: “You let the cat out of the bag.”


Moxie: “Oh…well, that’s quite devious actually. You’re good, Lisa. You found me.”

***


Donovan: “Great. I don’t know how much time we wasted down there.”
“The mission is over. Moxie has been found, earning 200/200 points for the pot, or 330/870 points.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!