Wednesday 9 September 2015

21.10-Quitters never prosper


Shawn: “Why are there so many horses here?”

Lisa: “Come on. We’ve got good news to bring.”
Horse: “That bald guy in orange is bad news, I tell you.”


 
Shawn: “Guys! We did it! Wow, what happened to you guys?”

Quiz time. Donovan uses one correction.

***


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: Before Mission 5, what was the Mole wearing?
A: Everyday wear
B: Sleepwear

Q3: In Mission 5, what role did the Mole play?
A: Disguised
B: Finder

Q4: In Mission 5, was the Mole alone, in pairs or in a group of three?
A: Alone
B: Pair
C: Group

Q5: Did the Mole drive in Mission 5?
A: Yes
B: No

Q6: In Mission 5, where did the Mole go first?
A: Beach
B: Park
C: The Mole was disguised

Q7: In Mission 5, where was the Mole at the end?
A: Cemetery
B: Library

Q8: In Mission 5, was the Mole the one to discover Moxie Hills?
A: Yes
B: No

Q9: Does the Mole have any unused corrections as of now?
A: Yes
B: No

Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Donovan Lee
B: Eleanor Darklight
C: Lisa Brown
D: Shawn Munk
E: Moxie Hills
F: Zachary Douffet

***
 
Shawn: “Oh dear. It’s time for the execution ceremony. I have a bad feeling about this.”
Eleanor: “I hope I’m not executed just because my main suspect left the game.”

***


 
“Welcome to another execution ceremony. For most, this is the umpteenth one, but for one, it is his first. Nevertheless, you still are unable to get used to it. However, there is a little twist this time round.”


“Over there by the tree is a bag of 500,000 Simoleons, up for grabs. Any of you can choose to take it or not. You would have to leave the game immediately, but the execution will be cancelled tonight. Anyone?”
Donovan: “Quitters never prosper. I must play a moral game.”
Moxie: “Reputation is at stake.”
Zachary: “It’s so tempting. It’s more than what we have now, but it’s not over yet. I think things are changing and we can earn more than that soon.”
“Nobody? Well, then let the execution ceremony continue as per normal then.”


“Shawn, you look extremely jittery.”
Shawn: “It’s my first time here.”
“Well, let’s relieve some of that stress, shall we? You saw what could possibly be a very big hint in finding Moxie, but you refused to follow up on it. You chose to endure abuse by locals, but is that just an excuse to stall and not find Moxie? You failed, but will you fail again?”
Shawn: “This is scary.”


“Unfortunately…”
Shawn: “Uh-oh.”


















































































































































































































“Shawn Munk, you are the next to be executed. Please pack your bags and leave.”


Shawn: “I had a bad feeling. I’m always that unlucky chap. But I’m used to it. So I’ll hold my head up high and leave with whatever shreds of dignity I have left!”

 ***

Zachary: “Lisa, I was wondering…could you give me some of your corrections?”
Lisa: “In exchange for what?”
Zachary: “I don’t have anything to offer you, but please? I need it more than you do. I mean, I’m the breadwinner of the house. If we want to continue living our life I need the money. I need to survive.”
Lisa: “I don’t know how much it’ll help, because I want to survive too, but…okay. I’ll give you 2 corrections. Is that enough?”
Zachary: “Oh thank you so much! I just knew you were kind at heart!”














Zachary: “That went better than expected. Maybe Lisa isn’t as tough as her exterior seems to suggest. But it is kind of peculiar that she would give out her corrections so readily. I wouldn’t, no matter how much others would beg. The corrections will pave my way to victory! Is she so generous because she knows she’ll make it to the end?”


Donovan: “You thought the Mole was Shawn. Look how that turned out.”
Moxie: “At least we’re still alive. If neither of us is the Mole, then it leaves one of the other three. Do you think Lisa could be the Mole? She’s a detective, so it would seem as though she got here through credit, but that’s why we don’t suspect her, and that’s why she’s most probably the Mole!”
Donovan: “What warped logic. It is possible but I think the Mole could be Zachary. He kept accusing everyone early on. Perhaps to deflect suspicion.”
Moxie: “Everyone’s a suspect. This is giving me a headache.”














Donovan: “I couldn’t be honest and tell Moxie I was onto her. She should have been out a long time ago! Well so should Shawn and Herb, but she should be gone already. I want to play an honest game, but it’s so difficult! Unfortunately a deal’s a deal, but how am I going to share with Lisa that we suspect her?”

It was the first and last time Shawn was at the execution ceremony. Will luck change now that he’s out of the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!