Friday 11 September 2015

21.11-Like a clogged toilet


Last time, 5 contestants had to look for a disguised Moxie. They succeeded, earning 200/200 points, or 330/870 points. Donovan asked Lisa for 2 corrections and used one. During execution, they were given the option to continue with execution or walk away with 500,000 Simoleons. None of them took the money, so the execution went as per normal and Shawn was executed. Who will be next? Who is the Mole?

Mission 6-Take an Envelope, Pass an Envelope, Take an Envelope


***

 
Lisa: “So, you two suspect me?”
Donovan: “Well, she does. I hope you don’t feel hurt or anything.”
Lisa: “No, no. This is all part of the game. In fact, it could be to my advantage.”
Donovan: “So you’re not the Mole?”
Lisa: “I don’t know. Nobody will ever admit it.”
Donovan: “True. But I’ll take that as a no.”

***


Eleanor: “I can’t believe I’m doing the cleaning around here.”














Eleanor: “I was cleaning the counter this morning when I suddenly remembered the photo I saw in the Hope’s room. I think he’s my uncle! We never kept in contact because my family moved when I was little, but I still remember his face! Oh, I wish Hope was still around. I need to tell her quickly! Before it’s too late and I can’t reach her! Hopefully she comes back for the finale.”


Moxie: “So, um, good job in earning points.”
Zachary: “That doesn’t sound like the stuck-up Moxie I know.”
Donovan: “You took the words right out of my mouth!”
Moxie: “I don’t know why we’re still in a coalition.”
Donovan: “Oh, sorry.”




Moxie: “Zachary pretended like our conversation the other day didn’t happen. He just likes to escape from things and live in denial. But it’s so awkward. And now everybody knows about my shameful past. Who will want to work with me in the future?”

***

 
Zachary: “This isn’t another execution ceremony is it?”
“Nope. This is your mission. Here are your journals. In them is an envelope. They may contain good things or bad things. You may choose to hold on to the envelope or pass it to another contestant. Should a contestant end up with no envelopes, 50 points will be earned. This is worth 250 points. It is your job to find out who shall sacrifice what.”













Zachary: “Earlier we handed our journals over to producers. When we got them back, however, other than the mystery envelope, mine had a type-written note stapled to one page. As long as I made sure all 5 of us had an envelope, I would earn a correction. This would be difficult, but I’ll give it a try.”


Should they pass an envelope, they will pass it in an anticlockwise manner until someone keeps it.


 
Donovan: “Should I keep my envelope or pass it on? I don’t know what’s inside. It could be good, or it could be bad. But Sara is watching…I must do the right thing. I’ll just take the money. I’m passing my envelope.”


Eleanor: “I wonder how many envelopes I should take. I need to take charge of the situation and ensure that points are maximized. And whose envelopes should I accept? I think I’ll pass Don’s and mine around.”


Lisa: “I think the team needs to work together, but nobody is doing that. Even I’m reluctant to do that. We all want to do things our way. I’ve gotten two envelopes from them. I think I’ll pass mine around while I take one of theirs.”


Moxie: “I have three envelopes now. I need to survive in this game. If no envelopes will give me points, then envelopes will probably give me an exemption or correction. I don’t think they’ll be that mean to give an instant boot. But I can’t take too many. I think I’ll just pass one envelope round. Which one though?”

Zachary: “I need to make sure everyone gets an envelope. I’ll keep mine, that’s for sure, but everyone else needs to have one. Why is there only one envelope being passed around? Someone didn’t take their envelope. I can’t take two. Maybe I’ll exchange mine with this one.”

Donovan: “It’s back. Is this my envelope or someone else’s? Whatever. Nope, not taking it. Pass it on.”
Eleanor: “Is this a signal that I should take it? No. I’ve made up my mind. If I didn’t want it then, I wouldn’t want it now. I don’t want to jeopardise my game.”
Lisa: “Hmm…I think if we pass on again it will be futile. I really don’t want to lose out. I’ll take this.”


“No more envelopes are being passed around. You may now open your envelopes and read them out loud.”


Donovan has no envelopes.

Eleanor has no envelopes.

Lisa has Donovan’s and Moxie’s envelopes. Donovan’s envelope is a -2 penalty in the next quiz. Moxie’s envelope is the removal of one correction if any.

Moxie has Eleanor’s and Lisa’s envelopes. Eleanor’s envelope is a special note from the Mole later. Lisa’s envelope is a correction.

Zachary has his own envelope. Zachary’s envelope is an exemption.

“Because only Donovan and Eleanor did not have an envelope, 100/250 points were earned, bringing the pot to 430/1120 points. Zachary has an exemption, whereas Moxie has a correction. Lisa has lost one correction and incurred a -2 penalty in the next quiz.”



Zachary: “Why did you two refuse to take an envelope?”


Moxie: “I got an exemption! This will be my lovely Band-Aid.”
Lisa: “I shouldn’t have been so greedy. Or I should have kept mine. Now this will be a major blow. I really need to buck up and study my journal now.”


Eleanor: “Because we both wanted points. And it’s a good thing I didn’t take some of them. There were penalties! Stop being so uptight about it, like a clogged toilet!”
Donovan: “Guys! Stop it already! Everyone is talking at the top of their voices at the same time!”


 
Lisa: “I think I need to study my journal in peace as well.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!