Monday 21 September 2015

21.15-Don't get caught!



10 contestants joined the 21st season of the Smole, but now only 3 remain. The last time on the Smole, the final 4 had to avoid the spotlight for one hour. Donovan was the only one to succeed, so he earned himself an exemption as well as 50/200 points, totalling the pot to 480/1320 points. Moxie earned herself a correction for being in the spotlight. Zachary and Moxie had two corrections each, while Lisa had none. However, Zachary was the one to leave in tears. With only 3 left, who will win, who will be the runner-up and most importantly: who is the Mole?

Mission 8-Just One Shot

***


Donovan: “I did it, Sara! I’m in the finale! I hope I win, but even if I don’t it’s alright. What matters is that I’ve tried. I’ve proven to you that you can still be kind and morally upright and still make it to the end.”

Lisa: “It was a horrible move to give away my corrections. I was shaking inside because I was the only one with no clear advantage. You could imagine what a big relief it was when I was safe. I just wish I didn’t give those corrections to Zachary. It was wasted. I suppose though, that this proves once and for all that I’m onto the right Mole. My instincts are sharp.”


Donovan: “Well, what do you expect? I never really saw myself here.”
Lisa: “Neither did I.”
Moxie: “Well, I did. But don’t lie, Lisa. You’re a detective! Of course you’d make it!”
Lisa: “I was so handicapped during the previous quiz. I had to just bank on one Mole and hope for the best. And I guess my Mole is correct.”

***


Donovan: “Lisa, have you spotted a trend yet? Who the Mole is?”
Lisa: “I really can’t reveal that to you. It’s detrimental to my game.”
Donovan: “You’re right. Sorry I even asked.”
Lisa: “You won’t win if you keep asking around instead of finding out for yourself.”


Moxie: “The toilet is broken again! I hate this!”

***


Lisa: “Finally! My own car!”


“Congratulations on making it this far, my Rik, Marlijn and Margriet. This is your last mission, worth 180 points. There are 10 bags in the maze past that door. Grab as many bags as you can and return to the entrance within 10 minutes. Some bags contain differing amounts of money while some have nothing. If you get snapped by the camera, however, any bags you carried will be forfeited. Now, there are 3 bags with your names on it. If you manage to grab your own bag and make it to the end without being caught, an additional 100 points will be added. Only one of you will enter at one time. Good luck.”


Moxie: “Who will go first?”
Donovan: “I think Lisa could go.”
Lisa: “The first to go will need to scout the area and tell us where the bags and cameras are. I am the most likely to succeed, but I need to know my area first.”
Donovan: “Then I can go first?”
Lisa: “I think I will go last. That way I can collect any bags that you two left behind.”
Donovan: “Then it’s settled. Go team go!”


“Are you ready, Donovan?”
Donovan: “Ready as I’ll ever be!”
Moxie: “Go Don! You better earn us some cash!”


 
 “Your 10 minutes starts…now!”


Donovan: “It felt like the previous mission, except now there was something to run to. The moment I entered I saw a bag right opposite me. But there were cameras everywhere. I tried to count how long it would take for each one to flash, but it got confusing, especially when you hear and see the flashes but you don’t know where they came from. I think I may have gotten caught because of some overhead cameras. Sorry guys…”


 
Donovan: “Go, go, go!”

Donovan: “I see my own bag there, right smack in the centre. There are so many cameras around, though. It’s so high surveillance! I feel like I’m infiltrating enemy base!”


Donovan: “All three flashed. Now take it and run!”


Donovan: “Oh, shi...oot. A camera there. Okay, quick, look for somewhere safe…”


Donovan: “Luckily this is pointing the other way. I see Lisa’s bag there…she should take it herself. That will rake in more points.”


 
Donovan: “A camel? I hope there are no secret cameras in there.”


Donovan: “There’s Moxie’s bag.”
“1 minute left!”
Donovan: “What? I spent too much time counting the camera times!”


Donovan: “Oh dear, oh dear…where is the way out?”


Donovan: “I hope I’m not caught. F***! Another camera over there I missed!”


Donovan: “Aha! The entrance!”


“Just in time!”


 
Lisa: “How did it go?”
Donovan: “I collected 3 bags.”


Donovan: “Don’t waste your time counting when the cameras will flash. It wastes too much time and there are too many. When one flashes just run immediately. I saw Lisa’s bag and yours. Watch out for any overhead cameras. I may have missed a few. You must keep your eyes peeled. And there’s a camel somewhere. I’m not sure if there are hidden cameras there.”


Moxie: “This sounds difficult!”
Donovan: “You feel like a double agent, sneaking into enemy base! It’s quite thrilling, actually. Oh, and you don’t have to backtrack to get to the entrance. There’s more than one way to do so.”


 
Moxie: “Okay. I guess I’ll just have to face my fate. I think I’ll be caught though. I have an affinity with cameras.”
Donovan: “Go, Moxie!”


“Your 10 minutes starts…now!”


Moxie: “I think I’ll turn left.”


Moxie: “Are these the overhead cameras Don were talking about? I hope they didn’t catch me.”


Moxie: “These must be the secret cameras! How cruel of them to hide them behind a wall!”


Moxie: “I fear I’ll get caught, so I’ll just look for my bag straight. Lisa can take whatever bags remain.”


Moxie: “Oh no! I hope that flash didn’t come from here!”


Moxie: “Wait! Wasn’t I here earlier?”


Moxie: “Darn. I think I’m lost. I’ll just take one bag to at least show I did something.”


Moxie: “I guess I didn’t realise there was one there earlier. But I hope the camera didn’t snap a picture of me taking the bag.”


Moxie: “I’m just going to make a dash for it.”


Moxie: “I’m out of here!”


Donovan: “That was fast.”
Lisa: “Probably less than five minutes!”


 
Moxie: “It’s perilous! Insanely difficult! There are so many cameras everywhere it’s hard to avoid them! And I’m usually quite good at avoiding the paparazzi’s flashes.”
Donovan: “Yeah, totally. We all saw that last mission.”
Moxie: “Hey! Anyway, I couldn’t find my bag or yours. I got lost. So I suggest just take whatever bag you can find. It doesn’t matter whose it belongs to. And there is one camera on the left that is hidden behind a wall, so watch out for that.”


Lisa: “Got it, thanks.”
Donovan: “Lisa, you’re our only hope. Think you can get the remaining 6 bags?”
Lisa: “I’m not told where they are, but I’ll try.”


Donovan: “Go Lisa!”
Moxie: “Don’t get caught!”


“Your 10 minutes begins…now!”
Lisa: “Is that the camera on the left Moxie was talking about?”


Lisa: “This area is completely empty. I bet the other two came here.”


Lisa: “Flashes everywhere…but that camera shouldn’t be able to capture me from here.”

Lisa: “My bag. Okay, wait for that camera to flash first.”


Lisa: “Time to run for cover.”


Lisa: “This is the camel Don was talking about. It better not have a secret camera.”


Lisa: “I see Moxie’s bag. I’m the last to go, so I have to take her bag as well.”


Lisa: “This makes me feel like I’m on a case.”



“5 minutes left!”
Lisa: “Wait. I think I saw something at that camel leg. Let me turn around…aha! I was right!”


Lisa: “No bag must be left behind!”
 

Lisa: “Got to be careful…these bags are really slowing me down.”


Lisa: “Perfect! 2 bags right there! Now, just wait for that camera to flash.”


 
Lisa: “Where is that last bag?”













Lisa: “As the last one to go, I felt that it was my responsibility to collect all the remaining bags. It was tedious and arduous because I had to be on the lookout for bags and cameras. I don’t think I was caught, but I can’t say for sure, since the flashes and clicks are everywhere. I was so frustrated when I couldn’t find that last bag. I wasn’t going to give up on it. The weight of carrying 5 bags on my shoulders made things worse. But at last I found it.”


 
Lisa: “Where is it? Oh, there you are! Great. You’re beneath so many cameras.”


Lisa: “Got you!”

Lisa: “I have to be careful.”

Lisa: “I see the entrance…okay, I must run to that corner for safety.”


“1 minute left!”


Moxie: “Lisa is out!”
Donovan: “And she got all 6 bags!”


Lisa: “It was tough work, guys. I had to pick up the mess you made.”
Moxie: “It’s not my fault I got lost and only found 1 bag!”
Donovan: “Yes it is! You had so much time!”
Moxie: “I didn’t want to risk it!”


“You managed to collect all 10 bags. That could earn you all 180 points. But did you guys get caught?”


 
“Let’s open those bags. Donovan’s first bag contains 0 points, his second bag, 50 points, his third bag, 10 points. The bag Moxie took contains 0 points. The first bag Lisa took has 0 points, the second bag 25 points, the third bag 20 points, the fourth bag 0 points, the fifth bag 25 points and the last bag 50 points.”


“Donovan…you collected 60 points in total, and an additional 100 points for taking your own bag, but did you get caught?”
Donovan: “I think I did.”
“Well…you were caught on camera. Thrice. There goes 160 points.”
Donovan: “Sigh. Sorry guys.”


“Moxie, your only bag was worthless.”
Moxie: “Ridiculous! I wasted my time! It wasn’t worth the risk!”
Donovan: “You should have taken more.”
“Either way, you still were caught twice, so maybe it was a good idea not to take too many.”
Moxie: “See?”


“Lisa, you are the group’s only hope. You have a total of 120 points with you, plus an additional 100 for taking your own bag. Do you think you were caught?”
Lisa: “I don’t think so.”
“Well…unfortunately, you were caught once.”
Lisa: “Darn!”
“That means a total of 220 points gone. You have earned 0/180 points for the pot. As such, the pot has a grand total of 480/1500 points. Go back, rest and prepare for the quiz.”


Moxie: “This is pathetic. You guys are horrible.”
Lisa: “This is a smart group. How did it come to this?”
Donovan: “Well, Moxie, if you chose to put more effort into all our missions, I think we would be better off!”
Moxie: “Me? What are you trying to say?”
Donovan: “I’m saying that you’re the Mole!”
Moxie: “Ha! Like real! Lisa’s the true Mole here.”


Lisa: “Yeah, right. Because of you two I had to risk being caught to search high and low for all those stupid bags! Because you didn’t help I had to tie all the loose ends and as a result, I was caught!”


 
Moxie: “So you’re all blaming me! I bet that your one shot was deliberate!”
Lisa: “Whatever. There’s no point in fighting anyway. It’s a lost cause. It’s over.”
Donovan: “And I thought we could stand a chance.”
Moxie: “The Mole is smart and devious.”

***

As the finale draws closer…
 

…some clean up…
 
…some read up…
 
…and some doll up.

***

 
Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: What colour hair does the Mole have?
A: Black
B: Red

Q3: Which room does the Mole sleep in?
A: Red Room
B: White Room

Q4: How old is the Mole?
A: 35
B: 33
C: 28

Q5: In Mission 1, what did the Mole take?
A: 3 corrections
B: 50 points
C: Nothing

Lisa: “Moxie Hills is the Mole. First of all, nobody would expect her to make it so far. She is the least interested and involved in playing. She hardly earned points for the group, such as during the bowls mission, the envelope mission, the spotlight mission and the final mission. Some of her sabotages are blatant, like her leaving her post in the second mission, whereas some are subtle, like her attempt to create chaos by claiming that Don took her painting and dragging Malcolm and Don down with her to find her painting. Aren’t those the qualities of the Mole?

On the other hand though, there is Donovan Lee. You can’t rule him out as a possibility. His attempt to play an open game fell flat right from the first mission. He brought in points several times, but perhaps that was to lessen suspicion. And the mission with the paintings leaves a big question mark. He was insistent that his wrong wall was correct, but that did prove to help everyone orientate themselves in the end.”

 
Q6: In Mission 2, which object did the Mole find?
A: Horseshoe
B: Gas Can
C: Teddy Bear

Q7: In Mission 3, in which order did the Mole go back to check?
A: 1st
B: 2nd

Q8: In Mission 6, what did the Mole receive?
A: A mystery letter from the Mole
B: A -2 penalty
C: Nothing

Q9: Did the Mole ever walk in Mission 7?
A: Yes
B: No

Q10: In Mission 8, in which order did the Mole do the mission?
A: 1st
B: 2nd
C: 3rd

Moxie: “Lisa Brown is the Mole. I’m sure of it. It can’t be Donovan Lee. I mean, he did start on the wrong wall in the painting mission and secretly went back to check but kept mum about it, and he did get caught three times in the last mission, but sabotages are few, I believe. And the most important reason is that Malcolm was executed because he put Don down as the Mole. Or so I think.

As for Lisa Brown, she is so suspicious. She’s the detective that is expected to win, but so was Bonnie and she was the second out. I don’t believe Lisa is all that great. She’s probably the Mole, using her detective as a decoy. In the second mission, she burnt down some plants! Accidental? I think not. I bet she did that to blend in. She went back to check in the third mission and took all the rainbow balls with her instead of earning points for another mission. Not to mention she was caught in the spotlight surprisingly and by the cameras. I bet there are many more subtle sabotages I missed, but these are enough for me to make the verdict.”

Q11: In Mission 8, how many bags did the Mole take?
A: 1
B: 3
C: 6

Q12: In Mission 8, how many times did the Mole get caught on camera?
A: Once
B: Twice
C: Thrice

Q13: In Mission 8, how long did the Mole take?
A: 3 minutes
B: 9 minutes
C: 10 minutes

Q14: What does the Mole work as?
A: Real estate agent
B: TV actress
C: Detective

Q15: Who is the Mole?
A: Donovan Lee
B: Lisa Brown
C: Moxie Hills

Donovan: “Lisa Brown, the Mole? That is possible. Moxie suspects her and she’s here. There are some suspicious points, like how she chose to be so generous with her corrections, or when she was seen under the spotlight, or how she managed to get caught by the camera. But she has also brought points for the team when she didn’t have to, like when she found Moxie, or when she took 2 envelopes so that someone else would earn points. Could she be the Mole?

On the other hand, there is Moxie Hills. She is so snobbish and conceited. She hardly brought points in. In the first mission she attempted to trick me already. That was highly suspicious. And she was caught in the spotlight, the first to be eliminated. She also volunteered to hide and was caught by the camera twice despite only taking one bag within 5 minutes. I can’t ever think of a point when she earned points for the team. Plus, I’ve been onto her since Day 1 and both of us are still here. Moxie, I’m pretty sure you are the Mole, just trying to trick me into thinking Lisa is the Mole.”


Who is the Mole? Who is the winner? Find out in the finale!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!