Thursday 22 December 2016

27.09-I am not a lip reader


Last time on the Smole, the contestants had to observe Mallory as she ran around Bridgeport, trying to decipher what she was communicating. They failed to do so, earning 0/200 points, or 230/660 points in total. Mallory had the chance to get an exemption but she sacrificed it for points. Ultimately it proved to be her downfall as she found herself executed. Who else will go? Who is the Mole?

***


Dorothy: "Owen, leave the dishes to me."
Owen: "It's fine. You're busy anyway. I bet they deliberately told the hotel staff not to interfere so as to have more stuff to film."


Owen: "You smell by the way. Nobody's going to thank you for your sacrifice if your waffles smell. Let me take over."
Dorothy: "No, Owen, it's fine..."
Owen: "No it's not. Step aside. Let the pro show you how to make a 5-star cuisine." 

***


"It is time for another mission. You will be randomly split into pairs. One will give a question while the other will answer. However, there is a wall between you, and the answerer can only lip-read but not hear the questioner. The answerer must then answer based on what he or she thinks the question was. If the answer is correct, 30 points will be earned. This is worth 90 points in total."


Dorothy: "Never thought you drive pink, Jimmy."
Wilson: "I don't give a damn about the colour of the car, nor do I follow any norms. Haven't you got that part down yet?"


Wilson: "Anyway, seeing as you're a woman and all, could you help me with a favour?"
Dorothy: "Of course. I'll go all out to help you."
Wilson: "Miranda is crushing on me. Help me help her kill that crush."


Miranda: "You must tell me more about your amazing adventures. Your life experience is so rich, unlike mine."
Owen: "Well, there was this time I was a governor..."

***


The first pair.



*Owen mouths the question very slowly and deliberately*


Tricia: "Huh..."
Owen: "Are you even paying attention?"


Tricia: "I am not a lip reader."


Tricia: "This is going to fail miserably, but I think the answer is 'fan'."
"That is wrong."
Owen: "To be expected from you."
Tricia: "I didn't know what he was asking at all."


"Turn on the stereo to hear what Owen was really asking."


Owen: "What is 3x3?"
Tricia: "Seriously..."

***


Miranda: "I don't know how to read lips.. I hope I'll do well."


Roy: "Okay, time to see what my question is. Oh, this will be hard."


The second pair.


*Roy says the question*


Miranda: "I'm so lost."


*Roy repeats*


Miranda: "This is such a long question."


Roy: "She looked down before I was done. I don't think Miranda even realised I repeated my question."


Miranda: "Think, Miranda...what question could that be?"



Roy: "Keep calm and do your best."
Miranda: "I'll just take a gamble. Corn?"
"That is wrong."


Roy: "Oh well. Nothing to cry over."


Roy: "Name any one of the four Horsemen of Apocalypse."


Miranda: "Oh, I thought he was asking was popcorn was made from."

***


Dorothy: "Here I go."


The last pair.


Dorothy: "Pay attention!"


Wilson: "Hmm, thought I heard a buzzing in my ear."


*Dorothy repeats*


Wilson: "Oh this is easy. Puck, isn't it?"


Dorothy: "You actually got it correct!"


Dorothy: "I didn't even know who got turned into a donkey in one of Shakespeare's comedies and you knew."


Dorothy: "You're amazing!"


Wilson: "I can't hear you, but just watching you is getting on my nerves."
"Altogether 30/90 points have been earned, bringing the pot to 260/750 points. You could have earned an exemption by answering with 'exemption' but nobody did."


Dorothy: "Don't be fooled. Jimmy is much smarter than he looks. He could have held a respectable job in this field if he studied harder."


Wilson: "Ow, my old ailment is acting up."


Wilson: "Bear with it."


Wilson: "Damn it. Should have brought my painkillers along."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!