Monday 26 December 2016

27.11-On a silver platter


In the last mission, contestants had to answer questions without hearing them, but through lip-reading instead. They earned 30/90 points, bringing the pot to 260/750 points. For Tricia, her departure was a form of release from the stresses of this game. For the rest though, it's likely to be what they're most worried about. Whose fears will come through?

***


Dorothy: "Jimmy told me that you're in love with him."


Miranda: "What? He told you that? I can't believe him. You're not his mother."
Dorothy: "I am his coalition partner. We confide in each other."
Miranda: "Well, I am kind of fond of him. He doesn't seem to feel the same way though, so I may be giving up."


Miranda: "I have no attraction to Jimmy. I only pretended to be in love with him so that he would get off my back. I know he's been suspecting me; he said it to my face once. It hurts to think I'm suspected. Me? Do you really think I'm the Mole? Well, at least he's avoiding me more."

***


"It is time for another mission. All of you have a chance to earn a secret exemption. To get this, you must execute a task 5 times. However, the others may choose to guess what your action is at any point in time. If they succeed, they earn 30 points but cause you to lose your exemption. If they guess wrongly, they can no longer guess. However they may still perform their assigned tasks. Do note that to count, at least one other contestant must be watching you in the act. This is worth 150 points. The mission ends when 1 hour is up, or if all exemptions or points have been earned, whichever comes first."

***


To help them along, they have been tasked to perform an impromptu skit revolving around the theme "A Day in Bridgeport".


Owen: "What a wonderful sunny day it is today. I should go and greet all my neighbours."


Owen: "Good morning to both of you!"


Owen; "You look rocking today."
Miranda: "Never thought I'd hear Owen say that."


Roy: "I do? I mean, I do, don't I?"


Owen: "Did you get my call?"
Roy: "Call? Oh, yes, I did. That's why I came out."


Miranda: 'I'm tired."
Roy: "I'm feeling very bored. Let's play tag."


Miranda: "Time to take a nap."


Roy: "Tag! You're it!"
Owen: "Sigh."


Owen: "I'm coming. I think I know what's up your sleeve, but I'll wait to see it play out."


Roy: "Score."


Dorothy: "Do you have any beer, Jimmy?"
Jimmy: "What are you on about?"


Dorothy: "I'm an alcoholic."
Wilson: "Oh, I see what's going on. Is that what your task is though?"
Dorothy: "I shouldn't say, but know that I'm helping the group. Go and get it, Jimmy."


Dorothy: "Why are you napping here? Are you an alcoholic? I'm an alcoholic."


Wilson: "Easy peasy."


Wilson: "Dorothy's task is to drink beer."


"That's wrong."
Wilson: "What?"


Wilson: "She lied to me. Or I jumped to conclusions."


Dorothy: "How many times was that?"


Miranda: "Hmm..."


Miranda: "I'm tired."


Dorothy: "I'm an alcoholic. Now go."


Miranda: "Oh I see. Let me do a little jig first to wake myself up. 30 points, here I come."


Miranda: "Maybe I'll listen in first."


Wilson: "Dorothy, you scumbag!"


Wilson: "I guessed wrongly thanks to you. Now I can't guess again."


Dorothy: "You got it wrong?"


Wilson: "What do you f***** think?"
Dorothy: "Did you say the phrase out word for word?"
Wilson: "Oh, it was a phrase?"


Miranda: "I love the night life, don't you agree?"


Owen: "But we live in such a quaint little town. I know what tricks you're pulling."
Miranda: "I'm tired of this conversation."


Miranda: "Time to go make a guess."
Wilson: "So, I heard you all were playing a game."


Dorothy: "Guys, do you have any beer? I'm starting to feel thirsty. Guys?"


Miranda: "I know exactly what Dorothy is supposed to do. Why did she make it so obvious?"


Miranda: "Dorothy is supposed to say 'I'm an alcoholic'."


"That is correct."
Miranda: "Woo!"


Owen: "I heard you playing rock music last night. You like rock?"


Owen: "Rock on!"
Dorothy: "Does nobody realise I'm out of running for the exemption?"

Miranda: "I'm baaaack."


Miranda: "Let me do a victory dance."


Dorothy: "I feel so ignored."


Roy: "I have no idea what to say next. I'm not an actor."


Roy: "So, erm, want to play? Owen is no fun. I bet it'll be more thrilling playing catch with you."


Wilson: "Wanna play? I'll give you something to play."


Dorothy: "It's like I don't even exist. They don't seem to care that I'm not vying for the exemption, or what my task is. They probably expected me to hand it to them on a silver platter."


Wilson: "We'll play rock, paper, scissors instead. Best 3 out of 5."


Wilson: "Rock, paper, scissors!"


Wilson: "Darn, a draw."


Wilson: "Again!"
Owen: "I think I know what Jimmy's task is."


Wilson: "I better stop him before it's too late. The more people with exemptions, the worse it is for me."
Roy: "This is boring."
Wilson: "No it's not. Again!"


Owen: "Jimmy...Wilson is to play rock, paper, scissors."


"That is correct."


Dorothy: "I'm so heartbroken. I feel so unloved."


Miranda: "I know it's very boring, so why not we dance instead?"


Roy: "Oh yes. Anything but another round of that."
Wilson: "You just had to ruin things for me, Owen."


Owen: "At least we have points."
Miranda: "Come, everyone, let's party to the first 30 points in the pot."


Owen: "Now let's just rock on and move on."
Miranda: "We're not done here. Come, All of you, dance with me. I'll show you a few moves to pick up the ladies. Follow me, like this."


Roy: "Owen, I think I know what your task is."


Owen: "No, he's not going to keep me from my exemption."
Wilson: "Tit for tat baby."


Owen: "Do it with me. Quick."
Miranda: "Erm, okay."


Roy: "Huff..Owen is...to...Shaka bra."


"That is correct."


Owen: "How dare he. I was so close."


Wilson: "Good job, bro."
Roy: "Coming through!'


Roy: "I need to go inside and rest now."
Owen: "Did you forget the house is fake?"


Miranda: "Eek! A spider!"
Owen: "You're not fooling me."


Miranda: "I decided to confuse everyone by performing extra tasks. That way they are prone to guessing wrongly, so I become one step closer to an exemption."


Wilson: "Hey, there you are."
Dorothy: "You finally realise I'm here."
Wilson: "What's wrong?"
Dorothy: "Since the start, I've been helping each one of you for all your matters, no matter how big or small. I don't expect anything in return, bt to treat me as invisible and take me for granted..."


Owen: "There's nothing there."


Miranda: "Oh? Sorry, I'm feeling tired. I must have mistook the plant as a spider."
Owen: "I think you've said that many times before."


Dorothy: "I can't take it lying down."
Wilson: "Then take it standing up."


Owen: "If I don't get an exemption, nobody does."
Miranda: "Hee hee."


Wilson: "I know what you're up to, Roy. Do it, Dorothy. Start with Roy."
Dorothy: "That wouldn't be nice. If he wants the exemption--"
Wilson: "Listen to yourself. One minute you're crying boo-hoo, the next you're letting everyone step all over you. Surprise them. Show them what you've got. That you're not just some goody-two-shoes housewife that can only clean and do the dishes."
Dorothy: "Is that what you think of me?"
Wilson: "That's not the point. The point is, are you going to continue to take all this abuse? Stand up for yourself, Dorothy."


Dorothy: "You're right. Roy is literally running in front of us because he knows you can't guess and I won't guess. Well, guess what? He's wrong."


Dorothy: "Watch out, Roy. I'm not letting you off that easy."
Wilson: "That's the spirit."


Owen: "Miranda must say 'I'm feeling tired', am I right? To think I thought she was legitimately complaining of lethargy."


"That is incorrect."
Owen: "She fooled me! There's more than meets the eye to her."


Miranda: "Dorothy, I forgot you were here."


Miranda: "I'm feeling tired. Could I borrow the bench?"
Dorothy: "Ye--I mean, no."
Miranda: "Please?"
Dorothy: "Er..."


Roy: "I just need to do it one more time and I'll be exempt."


Wilson: "Over my dead body."


Miranda: "What if I did a little dance?"


Wilson: 'Don't be a slut."
Miranda: "What did you just call me? Dorothy, can you believe him?"


Miranda: "Eh? When was Roy there?"


Owen: "Miranda Calsberg, you little twat."


Miranda: "We'll settle scores later, Owen. I know Roy has to run up stairs 5 times! He's almost there!"


Roy: "No!"


Owen: "You're not passing through. I should've known. Your games were just a disguise."


Owen: "Miranda is a sly one. I had a feeling there was more to her than she was letting on. This mission confirmed it. I just think it's a little weird for her to know exactly that Roy was running up the stairs. Wouldn't you just guess that he has to climb the stairs? I wouldn't have thought he needed to run or specifically only in one direction. But I don't understand why she's helping the group with the points. It's probably just a cover, but I'll keep observing just in case."


Miranda: "Huff...let me catch my breath first. Phew, okay. Roy, is it that he has to run up the stairs 5 times?"


"That is correct."


Miranda: "Woo!"
"That's the end of the mission. Wilson was to play rock, paper, scissors, Owen: Shaka bra, Dorothy was to say 'I'm an alcoholic' for Roy, it's to run up stairs and Miranda had to dance. She completed it 5 times without detection, so she grabs an exemption. 120/150 points have been earned, making the pot 380/900 points."
Roy: "Of course. How did I not realise that?"



1 comment:

  1. Hmm...it suddenly occurred to me that
    "I can't take it lying down"
    "Then stand up. Stand up for yourself."

    Sounds better and less forced/awkward

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!