Monday 14 January 2019

42.10-Left and right



Previously on the Smole, the contestants took part in a spelling bee. 5/13 words were correct but many clues were used. As a result, only 11/130 points were added to the pot. As a result, the pot only increased to 374/800 points. The pair consisting of Rome and Alvin won the spelling bee as well as exemptions for themselves. Are they the Moles? If not, who are?



Irene: "I've noticed that coalitions are forming left and right and here I am working alone. Even Penny has a partner. I don't know why nobody wants to form a coalition with me. Was my boss really right about needing to be nicer? I'm just here to do my stuff. I'm not here to make friends. But friends do seem nice, and they sure would be useful at this stage of the game."

*
*
*


Penny: "Am I seeing things?"


Penny: "Irene is actually cooking?"
Irene: "Got a problem?"
Roger: "Yes. I mean...it's strange."
Irene: "I just thought to do something nice for a change."


Penny: "I hope it's edible."
Irene: "If you guys don't want to eat it then get out instead of making these comments."

*
*
*


Rome: "You were great out there. If you didn't get that last word, we would have tied with Irene and Jamaica. Who knows what producers would have done then. Maybe they would get us to flip a coin. How did you know that last word anyway?"


Alvin: "When I was in jail, I met a man. He had been in there for longer than I have. He had this book. Actually, it was more of a dictionary. He gave it to me. I was so bored that I ended up reading it in my free time. I remember that word being one of the words I saw because it was just so weird. We had laugh over it."


Rome: "He sounds like a good guy." 


Alvin: "Oh, he's not a nice guy at all. He's a big meanie. Never heard him say anything good once. Getting him to give you his blood was easier than getting him to pay you a compliment."


Rome: "What was he in jail for?"


Alvin: "Many things. He himself forgot why he was in there in the first place."


Rome: "Oh."

Alvin: "He was my benefactor."


Rome: "Oh."


Alvin: "He was the one who guided me when I was in prison. He protected me and showed me how to  survive in jail. If it wasn't for him, I don't know how I would have taken being cooped up in the cell every day. I probably would have gotten into so many fights and extended my time in there."


Rome: "If he is so great, why did he end up in jail in the first place?"


Alvin: "I will not have you insulting him."


Rome: "I'm not. I just want to understand why you admire him so much."


Alvin: "Sorry. I shouldn't have over-reacted."
Rome: "He really has your respect."


Alvin: "Like I said, he's my benefactor. We went separate ways after our release. I eventually managed to find a job as a waiter but I don't know what happened to him. He's why I joined the show. It's one of the few popular shows that doesn't discriminate based on my background. I hope he watches the show and sees me. I want to find him and tell him 'thank you, for telling me right from wrong; thank you, for your care and concern, regardless of intent'."


Rome: "I want to help you find him."


Alvin: "Why?"


Rome: "Your story touched me. So i want to help you."
Alvin: "How?"
Rome: "I'm a politician. I can help spread the word to help you find him. What's his name?"


Alvin: "I only know him by 'Hank'."
Rome: "That's going to be tough. But I'll try my best. My goal is to take care of all my citizens and make them happy."


Alvin: "Goals...it's nice to think about, but that's it."
Rome: "You don't have goals?"
Alvin: "I do. I just don't expect to fulfil them. When I was still behind bars Hank and I talked about our dreams and aspirations for when we got out. That's how we passed our time but deep down we both knew that they weren't going to happen."


Rome: "What's your dream?"


Alvin: "...It doesn't matter. Nobody is going to want an ex convict."
Rome: "That's where you're wrong. One of the policies I hope to implement if I get elected is a second chance initiative. I want to eliminate workplace discrimination and help ex convicts like you find their place in the world again."



Alvin: "That's nice and all but you and I both know it ain't gonna happen."


Rome: "Why not?"
Alvin: "Don't be naive. You think you can eliminate workplace discrimination by yourself? You think you can help every single ex-offender?"
Rome: "If I believe I can, I can."


Alvin: "Heh. Must be nice to keep such a beautiful outlook."

*
*
*


Jamaica: "Can't believe I forgot all about ya, babe."


Jamaica: "I gotta keep practising if I wanna make it on to the team."


Jamaica: "Head bump!"


Jamaica: "My skills are gonna be amazing."


Jamaica: "I totally forgot I brought my own soccer ball to the Smole to practise. It's been my childhood dream to be part of the soccer team. I love soccer. I wanna be like Raheem Sterling. I know one day I'm gonna get there. Just gotta keep on trying...if I can remember to practise every day."

*
*
*



Irene: "Come on Irene. You're not a quitter. If you want to stay in the game, you have to make friends."


Irene: "I will succeed! I will be the most popular woman by the end of this season."

*
*
*


Charlene: "Harriet, do you think you can use your vision to see who will be executed tonight?"


Harriet: "Let me see...it's a woman...dark hair...wearing yellow..."


Charlene: "That sounds like me. It's me, isn't it?"


Charlene: "How do I save myself? I don't want to go home. I really love this place. The warmness reminds me of my favourite place: my hometown Sunset Valley."


Harriet: "My services aren't free, you know."


Charlene: "Name your price."
Chelsea: "Can we not talk about this now?"


Charlene: "You're right. Sorry. We're here to relax, not stress ourselves out."
Chelsea: "I really am enjoying my time here."


Chelsea: "I didn't realise how much of my youth I've missed out on."


Chelsea: "My family has been my whole life. I spent all my years raising the kids and protecting them."
Charlene: "You've worked hard. It's time to unwind and have some girl time for yourself."


Charlene: "I deserve it, don't I?"
Charlene: "Of course you do. You've got a right to pursue your own life."


Charlene: "I thought you'd react differently, seeing how you're so in love with marriage."
Charlene: "I love to see couples get their happy ending but I won't force two people into a loveless commitment. What's more important is to be able to love yourself, your life and your nation that's brought you up. I'm a married woman myself so I can completely understand how you feel about being trapped in a broken marriage."
Harriet: "I remember having this foreboding dream that someone famous and distressed would break in half...it must be referring to your marriage."


Charlene: "Do you think they can be saved?"
Chelsea: "None of that matters any more. I've divorced Chase. I just want to take good care of my children and myself."


Chelsea: "Sometimes I wonder if things could be different. I sometimes think I married too early and too impulsively. I met him at a concert and young me thought it was love at first sight. I should've listened to my parents. Maybe...it's too late for that. We're over. We're not going back to the ways things were."

*
*
*

It is time for the quiz. 10 questions about the identities of the Moles. Whoever knows the least is out of the game.


Q1: Are the Moles male or female?
A: Male
B: Female


Q2: What are the Moles' skin tones?
A: Fair
B: Medium
C: Dark


Q3: Which floors do the Moles sleep on?
A: Ground floor
B: Second floor


Q4: In Mission 5, which group were the Moles part of?
A: Strong spellers
B: Weak spellers


Q5: In Mission 5, where did the Moles sit?
A: Front row
B: Back row


Q6: In Mission 5, how many words did the Moles' pair get correct?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 2
D: 3


Q7: In Mission 5, how many words did the Moles get correct?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 2


Q8: In Mission 5, how many clues did the Moles ask for?
A: 0
B: 1 - 2
C: 3 - 4
D: 5 or more


Q9: How many times did the Moles press the buzzer to answer in Mission 5?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 2
D: 3
E: 4
F: 5 or more


Q10: Who are the Moles?
A: Irene Fletcher
B: Dexter Umbreekt
C: Charlene Boomer
D: Chelsea Bennington
E: Penny St. Anniel
F: Alvin Valin
G: Jamaica Sunset
H: Rome Auckland
I: Harriet Sybil La'Fontaine
J: Roger Yessir


*
*
*


There's less fish in the sea this time. Who will be safe and who will go home empty-handed?













































































































































































































































Irene: "I got the fish first."



















































































































































































































































































Penny: "I'm safe."




























































































































































































































Charlene: "This fish is quite heavy. I hope it's the right one...oh yes it is!"

















































































































































































































































Dexter: "It's my turn to be safe again."
































































































































































































































Roger: "Yes! I'm not executed!"


Only three remain. The sun is quickly setting. Who will be executed?












































































































































































































































































































































Harriet: "I have reeled in the fish."


Harriet: "Too bad for both of you."
























































































































































































































































































































































































































































Charlene: "It's taking a long time for them to bite. I'm getting worried."
"Charlene Boomer, Jamaica Sunset, both of you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Charlene: "What? A surprise double execution? That's horrible! And we're the unlucky victims."


Jamaica: "What did the host just say?"
Charlene: "We're both executed, Jamaica. It's a double execution."


Charlene: "I really loved my time here. I guess Harriet was right in how I couldn't change fate and that if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Makes me feel like I wasted my money on her, but at least I tried my best. That's what counts. I wish good luck to everyone else. I think I did my home proud. For Sunset Valley!"


Jamaica: "I'm executed? Naw, this can't be right."
"Yes Jamaica, you have been executed. If you have nothing to say, please leave."
Jamaica: "Wait, did you just say I was executed? No way man."


The sunny Charlene and Jamaica have been executed in a surprise double execution! Who are the Moles hiding in the shadows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!