Saturday 26 January 2019

42.14-Even maids get paid


Last time on the Smole, Dexter had to find the other six who wore disguises. Dexter managed to eliminate Rome the magician, taking down 30 points in the process. While he caught Irene the tourist and Alvin the groundskeeper, he failed to eliminate them. As a result, Harriet, Alvin and Penny received exemptions while 60/90 points were earned for the pot. The pot is now at 434/1090 points. Can the group beat the Moles this season?


Dexter: "Do you think I was suspicious?"
Penny: "Not suspicious enough."


Penny: "You only eliminated Rome. But you shouldn't even have eliminated Rome in the first place. You just lost 30 points just like that and nobody is going to believe you're the Mole."
Dexter: "It was worth a shot. I got the feeling that everyone was overlooking me. I had to do something about it."


Dexter: "Rome was in front of me but I managed to reach the end point first. I think that's suspicious. Irene somehow managed to beat me despite wearing a long skirt and heels. She's probably not it."
Penny: "I know that. I saw what happened."


Dexter: "Then why not you share with me something new?"
Penny: "You've got to give me something first. My information is worth 10 of yours."


Dexter: "We're a team, Penny. Sometimes I feel like you're trying to drive a wedge between us. Are you trying to keep your distance from me on purpose?"


Penny: "No. You're just too boring to talk to. The meetings have not been fruitful."
Dexter: "That's because you aren't contributing. It's unbalanced."


Penny: "I think you're the one who's contributing less. Your words are as good as none. You don't give me any new or interesting information that I can use in the quizzes."
Dexter: "You don't give me anything at all."


Penny: "I'm done with this. I don't want to waste my time arguing with you. I'm going to see if there's any more free food in the other fridge."


Dexter: "Can you help me put this in the dishwasher too?"
Penny: "Do it yourself. I'm not your maid. Even maids get paid."
Dexter: "You're so petty."

*
*
*


Irene: "This counter is so disgusting. Alvin, clean it up."
Alvin: "No."


Irene: "No?"
Alvin: "You don't scare me."


Irene: "Ugh, please?"
Alvin: "Hmm...no."


Irene: "We're supposed to be friends."
Alvin: "Are we? Friends don't order others around."


Irene: "Ugh. You're so irritating. I'll do it myself. Don't expect me to do your dishes."
Alvin: "Isn't there a dishwasher for that?"


Alvin: "Oh. It's spoiled."


Alvin: "Let me take a look at it..."


Irene: "You know what you're doing?"
Alvin: "Kinda. Machines are all the same in a way."


Irene: "Be careful."
Alvin: "Thank you. That's what real friends do. They show their genuine concern for each other without expecting anything in return."


Irene: "That's what friends do?"


Alvin: "That's what friends do. There. All done."


Irene: "Am I supposed to say thank you?"
Alvin: "Only if you want to. I'm not just doing this for you."

*
*
*


Dexter: "Oh my goodness, my brain is officially fried. I can't process any new information."
Harriet: "Maybe you should try reading a different book. You like history, right? Have you read this book about the Theory of Light? It's pretty interesting."


Dexter: "Oh, I've heard a bit about that but I don't buy it. The creation of the world sounds like fantasy from that viewpoint."


Harriet: "Just take a read. I think you'll be interested. I'm offering it to you for free."


Dexter: "No thanks. I think I'll just sit here and pray I don't get executed."


Harriet: "There is no point worrying about something you cannot control. Unless you want my services."
Dexter: "Unless you can tell me who the Moles are."


Harriet: "I could...but then it would spoil the surprise. And you know I'm not running a charity."


Dexter: "I'll figure out without your help. Maybe you're the Mole. That's why you're so confident."
Harriet: "Hmm, am I? We have to wait and see."


Dexter: "I decided to pick up that book Harriet introduced to me for fun. It's actually really fascinating and far more interesting than all the history books I've been reading. It talks about how the world came about. There was this goddess of light, Lux, who was defeated in a battle against darkness and her soul was shattered into several fragments. Each fragment would continuously reincarnate to be one of the Defenders of Light whose mission is to uphold the light in the world. I've currently only read up to the part where they've introduced three of the Defenders of Light: Kira, Aurel and Elina, but I had to put the book down or I might end up dying of sleep deprivation."

*
*
*


Penny: "What are you doing in my room?"


Rome: "Don't think Alvin and I have forgotten. You made a promise to give us informaiton if we gave you the exemption. We're still waiting."


Penny: "You must be kidding me right now. That exemption was a bogus. All of us would have made it through regardless so the deal isn't valid."
Alvin: "Now you're trying to get a free exemption, huh?"


Rome: "I know it doesn't matter to you two because you're safe but I'm not exempt. You can't promise something and back out of it."
Penny: "You two are the ones trying to extort stuff out of me. I'll be the one at the losing end ultimately because you two get free info while I got false security."



Alvin: "All exemptions are false security. We never know when we need it, so you can't say just because you didn't need it you won't honour your promise."

Penny: "Fat chance. Unless you two give me something in return."
Alvin: "Then that's called working in a coalition. You'd get the upper hand because you already have info flow with Dexter."
Rome: "Penny, you can't go around breaking promises."
Penny: "I'm not breaking it. Blame production for making my exemption useless."


Alvin: "Just one word. Are you going to give us info: yes or no?"


Penny: "Now you're trying to scare me into submission."


Alvin: "Rome, I'll hold her. Find her journal."
Penny: "Do that and I'll accuse you of trying to rape me. Who will they believe: me, or the one with a criminal record?"


Alvin: "You bitch."
Rome: "Guys, there's no need to escalate the tension."


Alvin: "Just because I've gone to jail before, I'm automatically a bad guy. Is that it? I'm condemned for life."
Rome: "She didn't mean it like that..."


Penny: "You're the one trying to be a gangster and extorting stuff from me."
Alvin: "You're the one going back on your word!"


Alvin: "You're right. I'm a bad guy. All of you are good guys. That's why I went to jail. That's why my child is MIA and possibly dead. So if I'm such a bad guy, why should I worry about using dirty means to get what I want?"


Rome: "Alvin, you don't want to do this. You're a reformed man, remember? Don't you want to see your child again? Don't you want to find your benefactor? You can't do that if you get locked up again."



Alvin: "You win this time, you bitch. She can choose not to share. I'll give you info, Rome. But she can't find out."


*
*
*

It is time for the quiz. 10 questions about the identity of the Moles. Whoever knows the least is out of the game.


Q1: Are the Moles male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: What is the sum of the Moles' ages?
A: Below 30
B: 30 - 50
C: 51 - 70
D: 71 - 90
E: Above 90


Q3: Do the Moles believe Harriet Sybil La'Fontaine is psychic?
A: Yes
B: No
C: One of the Moles is Harriet Sybil La'Fontaine


Q4: In Mission 7, what were the Moles' roles?
A: Seeker
B: Hider


Q5: In Mission 7, did the Moles go for exemptions or points?
A: Exemption
B: Points
C: One of the Moles was the seeker

Q6: In Mission 7, what was the Moles disguised as?
A: Groundskeeper
B: Tourist
C: Girl scout
D: Cleaner
E: Librarian
F: Magician
G: One of the Moles did not wear a disguise


Q7: In Mission 7, were the Moles tapped by the seeker?
A: Yes
B: No
C: One of the Moles was the seeker


Q8: In Mission 7, were the Moles eliminated?
A: Yes
B: No
C: One or both Moles were not caught
D: One of the Moles was the seeker


Q9: In what order were the Moles tapped by the seeker in Mission 7?
A: First
B: Second
C: Third
D: One or both Moles were not tapped by the seeker
E: One of the Moles was the seeker

Q10: Who are the Moles?
A: Irene Fletcher
B: Dexter Umbreekt
C: Penny St. Anniel
D: Alvin Valin
E: Rome Auckland
F: Harriet Sybil La'Fontaine
G: Roger Yessir


*
*
*


Tonight, there are only four fishermen. One will go home without a fish.





































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Dexter: "I've got the first fish. Good luck to the rest of you."































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Irene: "I should be used to this by now. Bye guys. I'm going to bed."


Out of Roger Yessir and Rome Auckland, who will be executed next and who gets to return to the Smole house?


































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Rome: "I'm safe! What a relief. My arms are sore."


"Roger Yessir, you are unfortunately the next to be executed. Please pack your bags and leave."
Roger: "Roger that."
Rome: "I'll win this for you."


Rome: "How did it end up between me and you?"
Roger: "I should have said something. If only I could stand my ground. Then I would have been able to convince both of us to pick the right Moles. It's too late for that now. I hope Rome realises he's on the wrong path."

Yes indeed, Roger has been executed! Will Rome be out next, or is he one of the Moles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!