Thursday 17 January 2019

42.11-Firers, watch your front


Last time on the Smole, the contestants worked as pairs in a spelling bee where Alvin and Rome were crowned as the winners and exemption holders. 11/130 points were earned from the mission which contributed to the 374/800 points in the pot. Both Charlene and Jamaica were shocked when they realised that the next execution was a double execution and that they were both victims of it. Two contestants are gone in one fell swoop and two Moles still remain in the game. Who are they?









"Chelsea, wake up. Chelsea...Chelsea. Chelsea! CHELSEA BENNINGTON! Ugh, forget it. She's as dead as a log. We'll tell her the news tomorrow morning."

*
*
*


Irene: "I did not see that coming. But I don't think it's really surprising that Charlene and Jamaica were executed. Charlene can't keep her mouth shut to save her life so she's not a good player while Jamaica's memory makes me wonder how he wasn't the first to be executed. There are only eight contestants left. I should try and befriend as many of them as possible. I need information."

*
*
*


Dexter: "How about this: we start with a character analysis of each contestant and compare them to the common Mole archetypes?"
Penny: "Fine. Rome is a schmoozer."
Dexter: "Okay, and...is that all?"


Dexter: "Come on, Penny. You have to contribute to this discussion. Otherwise I don't see the point of having this coalition."



Penny: "Then let's break up. I mean, this coalition."
Dexter: "Come on Penny. Don't be spiteful."


Penny: "Look, all this is very dry. And the way you're doing this is so mechanical so it's very boring."


Penny: "I think we should take a break. By the way, you share a room with Harriet right? Can you help me ask her if I can get a discount if I want to consult her?"
Dexter: "You know I don't believe in this."
Penny: "But she's been correct twice in a row now about the executions. I rather believe in her. But her prices are honestly a rip-off."


Roger: "I think I hear someone talking...aah!"


Roger: "Ow! I couldn't brake in time."


Roger: "That bang was super loud."


Dexter: "What was that noise?"
Penny: "Some faggot is eavesdropping on us."


Roger: "Dammit. They know I'm in here."


Dexter: "That was uncalled for."
Penny: "It's just a joke. Chill."
Dexter: "Sure it is."


Penny: "Good of you to finally show your face."


Penny: "Were you eavesdropping on us?"


Roger: "Yes! I mean..."


Roger: "Sorry. I didn't mean to. I was freshening up when I heard someone talking on the other side."


Penny: "How much did you hear?"


Roger: "Yes."
Penny: "Huh? I asked you how much you heard."


Dexter: "I thought you said this place was private, Penny."


Penny: "Look around you. We're on national TV. There's no privacy in here. You think you can do better, you do it."

*
*
*


Chelsea: "I can't believe it...he really...?"
"He was found with a bottle and several pills. Authorities are still trying to find out what the pills are."
Chelsea: "I don't know what to say. Excuse me."


Alvin: "Chelsea, are you okay?"


Chelsea: "Have I been too selfish?"


Alvin: "What do you mean?"

Chelsea: "I came here only thinking about myself. I only cared about how much fun I was having. I even left the children alone at home without any adult supervision."


Chelsea: "I'm such a bad mother."


Alvin: "Hey now, don't cry. I hate to see women cry. I don't know what to do when they cry."


Chelsea: "Chase, my ex-husband...he...he was found dead at home."


Alvin: "...It's not your fault. You didn't know."


Chelsea: "But I knew! I'm a bad wife too. I knew Chase was struggling with so many things, I knew he was at high risk. I knew he had many friends who had done the same and yet I still left him instead of supporting him like a good wife should."


Alvin: "Wow."
Chelsea: "Wow indeed."


Alvin: "Do you want to hear what I think? I think that you are a bad wife for leaving your husband when he was so vulnerable especially when you knew all his problems. But nobody should be blaming you for it. Not even yourself. You have a right to seek a better life if you felt you couldn't cope."


Chelsea: "I don't know if anyone told the kids yet. Someone probably already has. They must need me so much right now. I should be there for them right now and not here."


Alvin: "You've been a better parent than some of us have. At least you were there to watch your kids grow up."


Chelsea: "Are you talking about your own parents? I'm sure they had their reas--"
Alvin: "No. I'm talking about myself."


Alvin: "I got a girl pregnant when I was only 17. And then being the stupid coward I was, I left her. I heard she kept the baby but I never found out what happened after that. It's been so long, I don't even know how old he or she is."


Chelsea: "27."
Alvin: "27. 27 fucking years. That's 27 years of me missing out on a childhood and 27 years of a kid without a father."

Alvin: "I guess the point is that we can both strive to be better parents. No wait, that's not what I meant."
Chelsea: "No you're right. We should both strive to be there for our children, especially when they need us. We have to act more responsibly."

*
*
*


Earlier, the group had to decide on three "poppers". They are Alvin, Penny and Rome.


The other five will hop on hot air balloons which are at differing distances from the archers.


The archers must try to pop these balloons. They have 70 arrows in total to try and pop all the balloons.


The archers chose who would go to each balloon. However, the balloon riders got to decide how many points they were worth: 20 points, 50 points, 60 points, 70 points or an exemption.


Every contestant that remains in the air at the end will earn whatever they have decided for themselves. However, if the archers manage to hit the balloon carrying the exemption, they can decide who among the three will receive it.


This mission is worth 200 points.


Dexter: "We had a lengthy discussion about how to allocate our prizes. Irene wanted the most points but in the end we decided that the three archers will see her as one of the bigger threats and thus try to get rid of her, so she took 50 points. Chelsea and I are less targetted so we take the most points as we believe that they will try to place us in the furthest balloons. The exemption was the hardest to decide on but in the end we decided to let Harriet have it. That left Roger with the 20 points."


Rome: "Keep focused everyone. We're not letting anyone get a free ride to the next round. Alvin, why do you have two arrows?"


Alvin: "To save time so that I don't have to keep fetching arrows. I'm only firing one at a time."


Penny: "We just need to wait for them to start flying."


"Firers, watch your front."
Alvin: "That's our cue."
Penny: "It's starting!"


Penny: "There's a bit of wind today."


Rome: "Who do you think they let have the exemption?"


Alvin: "You're distracting me."


Dexter: "I'm the second furthest from them. I was right about them pushing me to the back."


Roger: "I'm right in the middle. I wonder how the rest are doing."


Chelsea: "I can see Penny. Why is she aiming for me?"


Irene: "They haven't had much training. They won't be able to hit us."


Rome: "Gah. Missed again."


Penny: "We should be thrifty with our arrows."


Penny: "Got it!"


Alvin: "Fuck! You made me miss!"


Dexter: "Oh dear. One down."


Chelsea: "No! I've been hit."


Chelsea: "I was the easiest target, but..."


Chelsea: "There goes 60 points. That's the least of my concerns right now though. I really want to give them a call..."


Penny: "I'll help you. Who are you aiming for?"
Alvin: "The second closest one."


Rome: "I need to generate more force."


Penny: "We put Irene in that balloon. I think she'll be taking the exemption."
Alvin: "You'll never know. She's quite money-minded. Maybe she'll ask for the most points."


Penny: "I think they'll give her the least points then. Or she'll be savvy enough to fight for an exemption. She's quite aggressive."
Alvin: "I'll show her aggressive. Hyah!"


Harriet: "This is quite the nice view. I'm so far away from them but I get a sensing that I will still deflate and fall eventually."


Irene: "Why am I falling down?"


Irene: "I've been hit! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"


Penny: "She's down!"


Penny: "I hit her!"
Alvin: "You?"


Alvin: "It was clearly me."
Penny: "No, that was my arrow."


Alvin: "Don't try to claim credit for it. I know I was the one who fired the last shot."
Penny: "I popped one balloon by myself just now."
Alvin: "Yours was the easiest."


Roger: "Oh, there's a bottle of champagne here."


Roger: "Time to pop the champagne."


Roger: "Ah..."


Roger: "Hmm, this doesn't taste good."


Penny: "I'll help you Rome."


Alvin: "I'm sure I can reach the one all the way by the volcano."


Penny: "We're using arrows too quickly. We don't have many left."
Rome: "What are you talking about? We still have way over half our supply."


Harriet: "Aah! An arrow nearly hit me!"


Harriet: "Oh. There is another one stuck here."


Harriet: "I knew it."


Roger: "I'm going down!"


Roger: "Sigh."


Dexter: "I'm the only one left. This isn't good."


Rome: "One last balloon. Full speed ahead!"
Penny: "Use the arrows wisely."


Alvin: "That's Dexter's balloon right?"


Rome: "I don't know what Dexter took. To be safe, we should just pop his as well."


Penny: "If you're sure...but if he's worth the most points I'm going to blame you two."


Rome: "It was a team decision."
Alvin: "You can stop firing if you're so sure we've gotten the exemption out of play."


Penny: "Nuh-uh. You two are still going to try. If that balloon goes down, I want to have a part in it too."
Alvin: "Yeah, yeah, we'll tell the rest that we're all sinners and we all hit the same number of balloons."


Rome: "But one of us has to hit less than the others. The division will be unequal."
Penny: "How are we going to divide the exemption? We only get one and we clearly can't share."
Alvin: "We'll worry about that later."


Alvin: "Just keep firing!"


Rome: "Where did you get the fire?"
Alvin: "I'm a smoker. I always have a lighter with me. This will generate the extra firepower needed. Heh. Firepower."


Penny: "I think it's going down."


Rome: "Not yet. We have all the arrows to spare. Just use them up."


Penny: "Now it's really down. Did you see that arrow rip through the balloon?"


Rome: "We did it!"
Penny: "That was kind of fun."


Alvin: "Ha!"


Alvin: "We're definitely getting the exemption now."


Penny: "Okay, now for the hard part. Who gets the exemption?"
Penny: "I feel like we didn't think this through."

0/200 points have been earned thanks to Alvin, Penny and Rome. The pot stands at 374/1000 points. One exemption is to be awarded to one of them, but they get until the quiz to decide, otherwise the exemption will be randomly awarded to any of the remaining eight contestants. Who will get the exemption?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!