Sunday 20 January 2019

42.12-Trigger-happy trio


In the previous episode, the final eight had to either take a hot air balloon or destroy the hot air balloons. The trigger-happy trio Alvin, Rome and Penny popped all balloons. While this meant that Harriet lost out on an exemption and all 200 points were lost, Rome, Alvin and Penny got to choose who among them would take Harriet's exemption. Who will the exemption go to?



Irene: "What were you guys thinking when you shot down every single balloon?"


Rome: "I think you should calm down..."
Irene: "How can you be expecting me to calm down when you guys wilfully lost 200 points?"


Rome: "Just hear me out. All we wanted to do was to make sure we got the exemption. We all agreed that it was worth 200 points."


Irene: "Don't patronise me."
Rome: "Geez, I'm not patronising you. Don't take it so personally."


Alvin: "I found Rome."
Rome: "Please. I can explain to you our whole thought process."
Irene: "What's the point in that now?!"


Irene: "Back off Irene. We have something to doscuss with Rome."


Irene: "Fine. I'll be watching all of you."


Penny: "Now that she's gone, we need to decide who will get the exemption."
Alvin: "We have until the quiz to decide. If we cannot reach a decision by then, the exemption will be randomly awarded to any contestant."
Penny: "Then all our hard work will go to waste."


Penny: "I think going by contribution, I should get it."


Penny: "I worked the hardest after all. I'm pretty sure I shot 4 of the balloons down."
Alvin: "No you didn't. Now I know why you keep insisting you were the one who took them down."


Rome: "We don't have any way of proving who contributed the most so let's put that aside."
Penny: "Then how do we decide who should get the exemption?"


Rome: "Maybe we can flip a coin?"
Alvin: "No! We're not leaving something like this up to chance."
Penny: "What he said. And a coin only has two sides. Unless you're giving up the exemption?"
Rome: "No! Maybe we go by who has the least exemptions so far."


Alvin: "Don't look at me. I worked to get those two exemptions."
Rome: "You should give others a fair chance. Penny and I have only received one exemption."
Penny: "You had the last exemption. So it should be my turn now."


Alvin: "We should give the exemption to those who need it the most."
Rome: "Are you saying you are the most unconfident among the three of us?"
Penny: "Or are you implying there are Moles in this group?"








Rome: "This isn't working out. None of us are budging."
Alvin: "I'll give you both some information if you give me the exemption."
Rome: "I'm willing to do that too."


Penny: "This is ridiculous. I don't think we should be trying to trade. Two of us will lose out. End of story. There's no need to try and equalise it."
Alvin: "Penny is out. She's not willing to share information."


Penny: "Who says? I'll do it."
Rome: "Really? You?"
Penny: "Don't believe me?"

Rome: "What do you say Alvin? Willing to give it a try?"
Alvin: "Boh of us heard her loud and clear. She can't try to worm her way out of it later."


Rome: "She didn't exactly specify what she'll do."
Penny: "I'll give you guys info if you give me the exemption. Happy?"
Rome: "Okay Penny, you've got the exemption."

*
*
*




Chelsea: "Why won't you let me talk to them? Just one minute. One minute is all I need."
Irene: "I wonder what is going on in there."


Irene: "Why was Chelsea talking to the producer? She sounded really upset. Now's my chance to be nice to her."


Irene: "Chelsea? Can I come in?"


Irene: "Are you okay? I heard a lot of shouting."
Chelsea: "Production wouldn't let me call my kids. They say it's a breach of contract."


Irene: "It is unfair if you get to call home and the rest of us don't...I mean, I'm sure you had your reasons."
Chelsea: "I need to know how my kids are doing, and how all this happened."


Chelsea: "I hope he didn't kill himself because of me."


Irene: "Who? Sorry. I was too loud. I'm just curious."


Chelsea: "My ex-husband. I found out a few days ago that he killed himself. All this happened so suddenly, I'm just so confused."


Irene: "Don't...er...it's okay to let it all out."


Chelsea: "Thanks for lending me your shoulder. It must be awkward for you to hear me cry about my life. Anyway, were you looking for me?"


Irene: "Now probably isn't a good time but I wanted to know if you wanted to work together."
Chelsea: "Oh. Sorry. I don't feel up to it."


Irene: "After all I did for you. I even let you dirty my blouse and what do I get in return?"
Chelsea: "I can give you my journal."


Irene: "You don't want it?"
Chelsea: "You can take it."


Irene: "Why, then I shall. Thank you. Oh, I will return it to you once I'm done."


Irene: "So you do catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

*
*
*

It is time for the quiz. 10 questions about the identities of the Moles. Whoever knows the least is out of the game.



Q1: Are the Moles male or female?
A: Male
B: Female


Q2: How many exemptions have the Moles received thus far?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 2
D: 3 or more


Q3: In Mission 6, what were the Moles' roles?
A: Balloon riders
B: Balloon poppers


Q4: Which hot air balloon did the Moles take in Mission 6?
A: Red and white balloon
B: Periwinkle balloon
C: Blue balloon
D: Yellow balloon
E: Pink balloon
F: One or both Moles did not take a balloon


Q5: In Mission 6, did the Moles' balloons have ribbons?
A: Yes
B: No
C: Not applicable


Q6: How far were the Moles' balloons from the archers in Mission 6?
A: Closest
B: Second closest
C: Furthest
D: Second furthest
E: Third furthest
F: One or both Moles were archers


Q7: In Mission 6, in which order did the Moles' balloons get shot down?
A: 1st
B: 2nd
C: 3rd
D: 4th
E: 5th
F: One or both Moles were not in a balloon

Q8: In Mission 6, how many balloons did the Moles shoot down?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 2
D: 3
E: 4
F: 5
G: One or both Moles were not archers


Q9: In Mission 6, what was the Moles' balloon worth?
A: 20 points
B: 50 points
C: 60 points
D: 70 points
E: Exemption
F: One or both Moles were archers

Q10: Who are the Moles?
A: Irene Fletcher
B: Dexter Umbreekt
C: Chelsea Bennington
D: Penny St. Anniel
E: Alvin Valin
F: Rome Auckland
G: Harriet Sybil La'Fontaine
H: Roger Yessir


*
*
*


"Penny has the exemption so she won't be fishing today. There are only six fish to be caught. Good luck."
























































































































































































































































































































Chelsea: "There won't be a need for that. I quit."


Irene: "What? You quit? Why?"
Chelsea: "It's for the best. Good luck Irene. I hope you find my journal useful."


Irene: "Aah!"


Irene: "Ow! Your bait hit me!"
Chelsea: "Sorry."


"Are you sure?"
Chelsea: "Yes I am absolutely sure. My family needs me right now. I can't be so irresponsible and leave them to handle this alone. Goodbye guys. It was nice coming here but I have to go now."


"Chelsea's sacrifice has meant that all of you here are safe. To be clear: Chelsea Bennington is not a Mole."
Dexter: "That was abrupt."


Irene: "No wonder she willingly gave her journal to me. She was already planning on quitting. Just as well to have one less competitor."


Roger: "I think it's such a pity that anyone has to quit the game but I guess her family needs her more right now. I hope she has a safe journey."


Rome: "She kept largely to herself but I heard she had a conflict with production. That's probably why she left."


Rome: "I guess it's time to head back now. I'm curious as to who would have gone home had she not quit."
Roger: "Maybe it's one of us. I think Alvin really could be the Mole."
Rome: "I've been on these two since the start. I'm still here. That means I'm correct. Just listen to me Roger."
Roger: "You're right. I think you've found the Moles."


Chelsea's sudden departure saved one contestant from execution unless she herself was going to be executed. Who would have been executed? Who are the Moles? Has Rome really figured them out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!