Tuesday 2 April 2019

43.13-Mentally challenged group


In the previous episode, the final four had to complete river crossing puzzles. Isabella solved hers, earning 10 points, but the subsequent failure of Xayden, Bernadette and Alistair meant that only 1/150 points were earned to make the pot 244/800 points. Did the Mole sabotage this mission? Will the Mole sabotage the next?


Bernadette: "We are a mentally challenged group. We overestimated ourselves in the last mission. But hey, at least it's not 0 points, right? Regardless, I noticed that my boat had 'AOE' carved on it. From what I know, AOE means Area of Effect. It's a gaming term. I wonder which one of us is a secret gamer."



Isabella: "Hi Al."
Alistair: "Hi Isa. We sucked big-time yesterday."


Isabella: "It was a hard mission."


Isabella: "I'm sorry for pushing you aside. I was just frantic about that night."
Alistair: "It's okay. I should have waited for you to be ready."


Isabella: "It's just...it was my first time."


Alistair: "Really?"


Isabella: "What's that supposed to mean?"
Alistair: "I mean, it didn't feel like your first time."


Isabella: "Is that a compliment?"
Alistair: "You know I only give heartfelt compliments to pretty girls like you."


Isabella: "I'm glad that I lost my virginity to you. I can't say I didn't enjoy it, but...can I move to your room?"
Xayden: "Are you craving more? I can oblige, right here, right now, on that pool table."


Isabella: "What?"


Alistair: "Was that too forward?"
Isabella: "A little."


Isabella: "I want to move because I don't feel safe in my old room. Xayden planted a hidden camera and...oh my god. I don't know what he's been doing with the videos."


Alistair: "He what? That sonuva..."


Isabella: "I don't want to make things worse. I can only do his bidding."
Alistiar: "I can't let him bully my princess."

*
*
*


Alistair: "You fucker."


Alistair: "Hey, I'm talking to you!"


Xayden: "Who? Me? My name's not 'fucker'."


Xayden: "Come back and talk to me when you learn some manners, boy."


Alistair: "You don't get to talk down to me like that."
Xayden: "And you don't get to treat me like shit."


Alistair: "Isa told me you installed a secret camera inside her room. I can tell the producers right now and get you removed."
Xayden: "Don't you think they know? We're discussing this in front of the cameras. There is no unauthorised contact with the outside world so I've done nothing wrong. I can't imagine what it would do to you and Isa if it was leaked, however..."


Alistair: "I have nothing to lose. I've got a great body. I'll just become more famous and land more roles."
Xayden: "And what about Isabella?"


Alistair: "She'll become famous too."
Xayden: "You don't actually care about her."
Alistair: "She's just an easy woohoo buddy."


Xayden: "Imagine if she hears that."
Alistair: "Who would she believe?"


Xayden: "How much do you want to bet that I can hack into this footage and download it to show it to her?"


Alistair: "You're despicable."


Xayden: "No, you're despicable. You think because of your looks, you can use everyone and trample all over us. You have never treated me with respect. I'm disappointed in your parents."


Alistair: "My parents have nothing to do with this."
Xayden: "Since they can't do their job, I'll teach you how to treat others like decent human beings instead."


Alistair: "You can't touch me bro. What do you have over me? A scandal? If you want to tell Isa I'm just using her then by all means go ahead! I'm starting to get tired of her."


Xayden: "You have such a pretty face. Wouldn't it be a shame if you were...disfigured?"


Alistair: "You touch my face and I'll break your arms."


Xayden: "You think I'm all talk? Nobody ever takes me seriously. You'll see. I always get my revenge. Always!"

*
*
*


Xayden: "Isabella, come over here. I have something to show you."


Isabella: "Please just leave me alone. I'm not scared of you. Al's right. I have to own my actions. I didn't do anything wrong, so therefore the only one you're hurting if you post the video online is yourself."


Xayden: "What?"
Alistair: "You think you can beat me? Think again."

*
*
*


"Contestants, each of you has chosen a bag. There are 3 of the following tokens that have been randomly distributed among the bags: 3 tokens for 50 points, 3 tokens for an exemption to the finale, 3 tokens for a private dinner with a contestant of your choice and 3 tokens to receive nothing."


"You will be brought to different points of an intersection. You then get 2 minutes to cross the road to meet another contestant to exchange as many or as few tokens as you wish. Each bag can only contain a maximum of 3 tokens. Once you have met all the other three, the mission will end. You will receive a reward only if you have three of the corresponding tokens in your bag."

*
*
*


Bernadette: "I would want the exemption but I know the rest want that too, so if that's not possible I don't mind taking the dinner. I am very interested in what that will be about."


Alistair: "I don't have a single exemption token in my bag but that's the only thing I want."


Isabella: "I have all tokens except the points. Everyone will want to not get nothing."


Xayden: "I just need one more token for the exemption, but I have a deadweight nothing token to get rid of first. I may want the points too if it doesn't work out."


The contestants run to meet another fellow contestant.


Xayden's bag has one token worth nothing and two tokens worth an exemption. Alistair's bag has one token worth a dinner and two tokens worth points.


Isabella's bag has one token of nothing, one worth a dinner and one worth an exemption. Bernadette's bag has one token worth points, one worth nothing and one worth a dinner.


Isabella: "Hey! Don't you know traffic rules?"


Alistair: "You should earn some points for a change. I have two points tokens to give you."
Xayden: "I think you can keep those. Unfortunately I don't have the last points token."


Alistair: "What do you have?"
Xayden: "Two nothing tokens. One token with an exemption."


Xayden: "I can give you the potato token."


Alistair: "No I'm not interested in that. Give me the exemption."
Xayden: "Nothing for the points. Or else nobody gets anything."


Alistair: "I'm not giving into the demands of someone who plays dirty."
Xayden: "I told you. I will get the last laugh."


Alistair: "It is stupid of you to reveal your plans. Your feeble attempts to command respect are honestly laughable. Do you really think you get any say in this?"


Xayden: "Yes, because you don't get what you want."


Alistair: "Then so be it."


Bernadette: "I have everything but an exemption. What do you have?"
Isabella: "I have all tokens except the points."


Bernadette: "What do you want?"
Isabella: "I'm fine with anything as long as I get something, even if it's points."


Bernadette: "I want the dinner token in exchange for the points token. Is that a deal?"


Isabella: "Sounds good to me."


Isabella: "Thank you for not giving me the potato."


Isabella: "And that's two minutes."


Xayden: "The discussion failed. All I know is that the last exemption token is with one of the ladies but I need to convince them to take the potato token."


Alistair: "Xayden will definitely try to convince the rest to take his nothing token. If Isabella takes it, she'll try to pass it to me. I can only hope that she manages to take the exemption away from him."


Isabella: "I could either get an exemption or points. I wonder what Xayden has in his bag."


Bernadette: "I just need one more token for the dinner but some sucker needs to agree to take the nothing token first."


The next round begins.


Alistair: "Angel, what do you have?"
Bernadette: "Two tokens for dinner and a mystery one."


Alistair: "It's the potato, isn't it?"
Bernadette: "Is it? I'm not sure."


Bernadette: "Are you willing to take a risk?"


Bernadette: "What do you want out of this?"


Alistair: "An exemption. You?"
Bernadette: "The dinner. Shall we agree to a trade?"


Alistair: "Sure."


Alistair: "I knew it was nothing. I just knew it. Now my best shot is to earn some points."


Xayden: "Alistair has points and a nothing token. Do you have an exemption token?"


Isabella: "I do, but why should I give it to you?"


Xayden: "If we want to get stuff, all of us need to decide on a reward."


Xayden: "I have the other nothing token to give you. You can try to give it to Alistair."


Isabella: "Why should I do that to him? I won't. Can I take your exemption instead? At least I can give you a points token to negotiate."


Xayden: "What does Angel have?"
Isabella: "She has tokens for dinner. That is what she wants."


Xayden: "I don't have it, which means Alistair has the last token. There is no way Angel will try to negotiate with me to take one points token."


Xayden: "We are running out of time, Isabella. Give me the exemption token."


Isabella: "I...okay."


Xayden: "That's a good girl."


Isabella: "I can't believe I let him do that to me."


Xayden: "I can sense that Isabella is still afraid of me. That's what I want, but it's not enough. It's not enough to make up for what you and your lover boy did to me. If Alistair won't give in, you have to pay on behalf of him."



The contestants are off to meet their last contestant.


The last round of negotiations begins.


Alistair: "What do you have?"


Isabella: "One token for points and two tokens for nothing. Xayden has an exemption. The full set."


Alistair: "Angel has her dinner too. Why didn't you get the exemption tokens from Xayden?"
Isabella: "I tried but...in the end I gave him my exemption token. He wanted me to let you end up with nothing. But I can't let that happen to you."


Alistair: "That's so sweet of you. What if we don't exchange any tokens at all? The points are lost and both of us look suspicious?"


Bernadette: "Let me tell you first that I'm not going to exchange anything with you."


Bernadette: "I have everything I want."


Bernadette: "Is that okay with you?"


Xayden: "Yes, actually, because I have what I want too."
Bernadette: "This makes this the easiest negotiation ever."

*
*
*


The mission has ended.


Contestants are now gathering at the centre of town to reveal what they have received.


"Contestants, I hope you had a fruitful negotiation, pun fully intended. Did everyone receive what they wanted?"


"Bernadette, what is in your bag?"


Bernadette: "Three dinner tokens."
"Congratulations Bernadette. You get a dinner with a contestant of your choice."


"Xayden, what is in your bag?"


Xayden: "Three exemption tokens."
"Congratulations Xayden. You have an exemption to the finale!"


"Isabella, can you open up your bag and show us what's inside?"















































































































Isabella: "I have one token that gives me points..."


























































































































Isabella: "...And two more of those tokens."
"Congratulations. 50 points have been earned."


"That means Alistair has received three tokens worth nothing. Are you happy with your rewards? I'm sure at least two of you are."


Isabella: "During the last round Al wanted us to not get any points so that both of us looked suspicious. But I didn't want to do that. It took a lot of persuasion for him to finally agree. He then insisted on taking my two potato tokens to make himself look suspicious. Now that I think about it, I'm the ultimate loser. I don't get anything for myself and I look like the hero of the group for it. That won't help me in the next quiz."

The pot now has 294/850 points. Who will Bernadette pick for dinner? Who will join Xayden in the finale? Who is the Mole?

*
*
*

NEXT EPISODE...


Bernadette: "It could potentially be my last night here and I'm not doing anything about it. Screw the image. I'm going to let loose and have fun. YOLO!"

***


Xayden: "I told you I'll get my revenge."

***


Alistair: "There it is."

***


Bernadette: "Isabella!"

***


Bernadette: "An invitation card to the bistro for a dinner for two."


Bernadette: "Who do I invite? I know just the contestant in mind."

***


Isabella: "Oh no!"
Bernadette: "Oh dear!"
Xayden: "Oh my!"
Alistair: "Oh yeah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!