Tuesday 9 April 2019

43.16-Mission Impossible


In the previous episode, the contestants listened to song intros for a few seconds and had to guess which songs were played. They only succeeded in getting 30/150 points as their longest continuous streak was 3. Thus, the pot has 324/1000 points. The finalists only have one last chance to earn points. Will they make it count?


Xayden: "I saw the first snowflake fall from heaven. It was magical. I don't usually notice things like these but I was bored so I stared out the window and I saw it. Pretty neat. Good thing there hasn't been a lot of snow yet though. When it gets a lot it becomes a pain."


*
*
*



Alistair: "Angel, you should stay away from Xayden for your own good. He's a terrorist."


Bernadette: "You can't go around throwing accusations like that."


Alistair: "I'm not! He tried to set off a bomb in the bathroom and locked me in! He tried to kill me!"


Bernadette: "Well, at least you're finally getting the Mission Impossible vibes you wanted."


Alistair: "This is serious, Angel. You've got to believe me."
Bernadette: "Xayden couldn't hurt a fly, much less smuggle a bomb in. Is this some kind of twisted way to get my attention?"


Alistair: "Why won't you believe me?"
Bernadette: "You seem to have something against him. First you accuse him of stealing your journal, now you're saying he tried to kill you?"


Alistair: "He has something against me, not the other way round! And he did steal my journal. Isa's too! That's why she's executed."


Bernadette: "What proof do you have?"
Alistair: "It's not stealing if he did it in front of me."


Alistair: "Why do you keep defending him?"
Bernadette: "I'm not. I share a room with him, Alistair. I see things you don't. I see a honest man trying his darndest to do well. It's hard to believe that that kind of guy is capable of whatever you told me."


Alistair: "You've fallen in love with him, haven't you? Seriously, Angel, I expected better taste from you."
Bernadette: "Don't be ridiculous. Don't make everything about you, Alistair. Just because I rejected your advances doesn't mean you can go around slandering others."


Alistair: "I just want to protect you."
Bernadette: "I don't need your protection. Thank you for the concern but I think we're done here."


Alistair: "Today, I feel like the biggest loser. I know Xayden's true colours, but somehow nobody believes me. Angel thinks I've been too self-absorbed and preoccupied with my own fun and is thus biased against me. I have to stop Xayden somehow. I can't let Angel or the rest of the world get hurt. The first thing I'm going to do once I step out of here is to make a police report."

*
*
*


Xayden: "For our final mission, we needed to pick someone who was most likely to win. This was awkward because there was a lot of hesitation because everyone wanted to keep up the pretence of being the Mole. In the end Angel suggested we look at it from a gaming perspective and asked for the best gamer. Nobody said anything still. I then decided to step forward and volunteer myself."


Contestants will be playing their final mission in the graveyard. Every round, contestants are to advance 3 tiles. Their goal is to reach the tree in the middle of the graveyard. Earlier, the contestants chose Xayden as most likely to win. Therefore, Xayden must be the first to reach the end and win this game to earn 100 bonus points, all or nothing. Before each round starts, contestants may text a lesser-known fact about any of the other two finalists using the phone given to them. These facts cannot be their name, age, family relations, height, weight or anything else they filled in their application biographies. If the fact is true, that contestant will stay put for that round. However, if the fact is not true, the one who texted the fact will be sent backwards to one tile before the last contestant.


Alistair: "Damn it. There's so much to say about Xayden but I can't if I want the points. But I can use this chance to convince Angel that what I've been saying has been true all along."


Bernadette: "Alistair and I need to constantly tattle on each other to let Xayden win."


Xayden: "I think I'll refrain from saying anything in case I'm wrong or unless I'm dead sure."


"Round One: May all three finalists advance by 3 tiles."


"Round Two: May all three finalists advance by 3 tiles."
Alistair: "Everyone's being very cautious."


Bernadette: "Everyone's being very courteous."


Xayden: "We can't all make it at the same time because that results in a tie, or no winner."


"Round Three: May all three finalists advance by 3 tiles."


Xayden: "I need to do something to stop the other two. I know Angel was talent-spotted in a singing competition. I'll text that."


Alistair: "I have to make full use of this mission. Xayden set off a bomb in the house."


Bernadette: "We can't all keep progressing at the same pace. I have to sabotage Alistair. Alistair has had a fake girlfriend."


"Round Four: Nobody is to advance."


"Bernadette, retreat by one tile."
Bernadette: "Did I give a wrong fact?"


"Round Five: May all three finalists advance."


Bernadette: "Not good. I need to stop Alistair. It doesn't matter if I make up a fact because he'll get stopped regardless. Alistair has a cross-dressing fetish."


Alistair: "I can make use of this chance to find out if my suspicions about Xayden are true. Xayden's real name is Bartleby Stinger."


Xayden: "I don't know what to say. I don't want to shoot myself in the foot."


"Round Six: All finalists are to stay put."
Bernadette: "Huh? Was my fact actually true? Or is it because I'm already the last?"


Alistair: "I knew it! I knew I was right about him. Xayden knows how to make bombs."


Xayden: "I need to stop Alistair. Alistair has woohooed with Isabella."


Bernadette: "Alistair thinks Isabella is an easy woman."


"Round Seven: May Bernadette advance three tiles."
Bernadette: "I can't believe Alistair really believes Isabella is easy."


Xayden: "Who keeps sabotaging me? I'm supposed to win here."


Alistair: "I need all my questions answered. Xayden detonated my journal and Isabella's."
Xayden: "I can't depend on them. I don't know which one of them keeps ratting me out. Alistair had a fall-out with his previous agency, causing him to go freelance."


Bernadette: "What can I say? Ah, I know. Alistair knows ballet. There's no way this is factual. He's too ungraceful for ballet."


"Round Eight: May Bernadette advance three tiles."
Bernadette: "I can only advance one tile. I've reached the end. What the hell guys? Why didn't any of you gossip about me? I'm not that pure."


Xayden: "It's all your fault. I know you're the one who's been gossiping about me and preventing me from reaching the end."


Alistair: "You don't have proof of that. Why didn't you stop Angel?"


"Alistair, retreat by one tile."
Alistair: "Shit."


Alistair: "You mean to say it wasn't true? He didn't blow our journals to smithereens?"


Xayden: "Oops. Looks like Alistair took care of himself. I should have targetted Angel instead."


"The mission is over. Bernadette made it to the end and not Xayden, so no bonus points have been earned. The pot is at a grand total of 324/1000 points. One of you here is the Mole. But who?"


Stay tuned for the finale, which is coming next episode!

*
*
*

NEXT EPISODE...


Xayden: "We're all Moles here."

***


Bernadette: "Let it go, Alistair. Be the bigger man."
Alistair: "You tell him to let it go. He started it."


Bernadette: "I don't want to be involved in your drama. Maybe it's a good thing this season is coming to a close. At leas you won't have to see each other again."

***


Xayden: "Take back your words."


Bernadette: "It hurts but you need to realise that your stubbornness is partly at fault."


Xayden: "Take. It. Back."


Bernadette: "...You're not actually Bartleby Stinger, are you?"

***


"All of them have gotten their hands dirty at one point or another. Which one of them is actually the Mole?"


"The Mole of Season 43 is..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!