Wednesday 8 May 2019

44.09-A dead baby

In the previous episode...


Tiffany: "I thought we understood each other. I thought we had a connection."


Tiffany: "We were supposed to be a coalition. More than that, we were supposed to be sisters."


Charlemagne: "I'm sorry."


Charlemagne: "I feel really guilty about what happened. That's my fault."


Charlemagne: "Will you forgive me?"


Tiffany: "Only if you lend me your makeup brush for a week."
Charlemagne: "Definitely."


Tiffany: "I missed you, Moon. I'm so glad we're back to being friends again."
Charlemagne: "It will not happen again. I promise."

~~~


Clarice: "Are you trying to get fresh with me? I'm married."
Richard: "What the hell are you on about? I'm married too. Do I look like a lecher to you?"


Richard: "It's understandable that you don't trust me but please find a better excuse."


Clarice: "Sorry. Things back at home are...messy. I need to go."

~~~


Maximillian: "I can share what happened in the previous mission. Both you and Clarice were catchers, so I think a different perspective would be valuable to you."


Howard: "I'm listening."
Maximillian: "You hold up your end of the deal first."

~~~


Richard: "I do...but missing him won't bring him back."


Clement: "Where's he now?"
Richard: "Dead."

~~~


Clarice: "Melinda made some toast and asked for my honest feedback, so I'm giving it to her. I'm only eating this because you're nice, Melinda, but I can't believe you dare to serve this to others."
Maximillian: "It can't be that bad."

~~~


Maximillian: "To be fair, there is a little too much butter..."


Maximillian: "But overall this is good toast. See? I finished the whole thing."
Melinda: "You didn't have to force yourself to eat trash."


Melinda: "Oh. I guess it's to be expected. I took a risk. Looks like it failed."

~~~


Tiffany: "I'll miss you, Melinda."


Tiffany: "You were like a cool mom. When everyone bullied me in the mission I knew I could count on you to comfort me because you weren't involved in the bullying. Who will protect me now?"
Melinda: "Oh silly girl. You must learn to take care of yourself. I can't be with you any more. But thank you. Your words make me feel loved."






Melinda took a gamble in the quiz and lost. More and more points are also beginning to get lost from the pot which currently has 235/340 points. Can the group keep up the tempo or will the Mole overtake them in the end?


Clarice: "If I could I would burn my whole journal."


Clarice: "But that would disadvantage me greatly because all my notes are in there."


Clarice: "How much do you think Howard knows about me?"
Charlemagne: "Perhaps a lot more than you think from what you told me."


Clarice: "I was afraid of that."


Clarice: "Howard is unreliable and untrustworthy. What was I thinking allying myself with him. What have I gotten myself into?"


Clarice: "I should never have written my personal stuff in there. It's not a real journal."
Charlemagne: "Claris, I really do not know how to help you."
Clarice: "I guess I just wanted a second opinion. This is killing me."


Lucy: "Did I walk in at the wrong time? I walked past Moon on my way in and Moon's expression looked really weird."
Clarice: "Not really."


Clarice: "Do you think you can help me talk to Howard?"


Lucy: "Me? I don't do favours."


Clarice: "You have to help me, Lucy. You're the only one who can talk to him on his level."
Lucy: "What is that supposed to mean?"
Clarice: "Howard has a hold on me. He knows my secret and now he's using that to blackmail me."


Lucy: "What? Why didn't you say so? What do you need me to do?"
Clarice: "Talk to him, make sure he stops trying to use that to make me do what he wants."


Lucy: "I don't think that will be enough to stop him. And I can't help you without you telling me your secret first."
Clarice: "So you just want to know my secret, is that it?"


Lucy: "That isn't what I meant. Howard will tell me if I approach him so it's better to hear it from you first."
Clarice: "Forget it! I should have known better than to ask for your help."



Lucy: "I can't believe Howard is such an ass. I thought he was a gentleman. He has something on Clarice and Clarice is afraid he'd spill the beans. I heard that he's an ex-cop. Now he's in the shadows. Maybe I can speak to him. I had a past. If I can convince him not to hurt others..."

*
*
*


Maximillian: "I've drafted a contract. If you are in agreement, please sign here."


Howard: "I've signed it. According to the contract you go first then I tell you what I saw. If either of us fails to do so, we reserve the right to take the other party's journal for a day."


Maximillian: "In the third mission, Tiffany was a burden and extremely useless. She didn't even want to pick up any eggs."


Howard: "That's it? Well then, I saw a bunch of toys. The atmosphere was of a creepy room. And that's all I have to share. Pleasure doing business with you."

*
*
*



Clement: "A word mission. I ain't doin' that. I suck at words."
Howard: "We have to pair up, with one clue giver and one guesser."


Richard: "Moon, shall we work together? I don't think I've worked with you yet."
Charlemagne: "Hai."
Tiffany: "Ugh, I want to work with Moon. Don't leave me with Lucy!"
Lucy: "I'm right here, you know. Don't forget the other car."


Contestants are at Bjorn Cafe for the next mission. They will be playing a modified version of "The $100,000 Pyramid". Contestants have to choose their partner, with one clue giver and one guesser. The clue giver will see three themes. He or she must give clues to let the guesser guess what the common theme is without being too descriptive. Once the pair gets the theme right, they will be given a photograph of someone they have to find around town. 100,000 Simoleons (aka 100 points) can be earned from the mission, as well as a pair of hidden exemptions if the pair finds the right Sim. Contestants have one hour in total.


Tiffany: "The cafe had such an Aurora Skies vibe and really gelled well with the surroundings. The inside was so cozy, perfect for hiding in on a cold winter day like today. It was very homely with beautiful paintings and inspirational quotes like 'I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does they might as well be dead.' The most amazingest part is that so many famous peeps like Lola Belle, Justin Bieber and Sinan Can have visited this place before. Their photos are hanging on the wall in this very cafe! I really love the colour in this town and its charm is really growing on me."


Richard: "Are you ready?"
Charlemagne: "Hai!"


Clarice: "You better give me accurate clues."
Maximillian: "Don't worry. I'm aiming for 100%."


Howard: "We're going to succeed in this."
Clement: "I'll be countin' on ya."
Tiffany: "I'll try."

Richard: "I wanted to work with one of my suspects. Before Ignatius left I had two suspects: him and Moon. I can't help but think she's the reason I'm still here. I need to test her."


Lucy: "I'm happy Howard picked me to work with. I can use the chance to help Clarice."





Richard: "An apology, a gift."


Charlemagne: "Purezento. Presents."


Richard: "An apology."


Charlemagne: "Words!"


Richard: "Hmm...an apology, a gift...your fate..."


Charlemagne: "誰かにどうやって補うか。How can I make up for someone?"
Richard: "Pass."



Richard: "I likes to take care of plants. You'll find me at parks and schools."
Charlemagne: "A teacher?"


Richard: "Moon was giving me weird answers. At one point she even said 'words'. Really? Words? What the hell?"

*
*
*



Maximillian: "Okay. A bomb."
Clarice: "Weapons?"


Maximillian: "A soda bottle."
Clarice: "Things with chemicals."
Maximillian: "Pass."



Maximillian: "I can be resilient or meek. Sims trample on me. I look pretty."


Clarice: "A young girl."


Maximillian: "I grow on the roadside."


Maximillian: "I am used as a metaphor."


Clarice: "You are complicating this. Just pass."



Maximillian: "Centaur, unicorn, Poseidon, minotaur..."


Clarice: "Mythological creatures."


"Contestants, please look for the Sim depicted."


Clarice: "She looks like an upperclass woman. She could be at the spa."
Maximillian: "To the spa we go then."


*
*
*



Howard: "Oregon, Michigan, Illinois, Nevada..."


Lucy: "It can't be that easy."


Howard: "New York."


Lucy: "U.S. States."
Howard: "Bingo."


"Please look for the Sim depicted."

*
*
*


Lucy: "It looks deserted."


Lucy: "Is it closed today?"
Howard: "There's absolutely nobody here but this kid."


Howard: "There's a hot air balloon outside. Let's try and spot our target from there."


Howard: "They're all so tiny."


Howard: "I don't think he's out here or anywhere near here."


Howard: "It's like he's hiding from us."
Lucy: "If I was hiding I would hide indoors."


Howard: "That's actually very plausible."


Lucy: "Of course. Let's just head inside the largest buildings."


Lucy: "Howard had the bright idea to go to the art museum. The Auora Skies residents are very in tune with art and culture, so it makes sense that that would be the most crowded place, especially in winter. Our target would want to hide in the crowd."


Howard: "I wonder how much this costs."


Lucy: "That looks like him."


Lucy: "Are you the man in this photo?"


Pedro: "What do you want from me?"


Pedro: "Don't hurt me!"
Lucy: "Why would I...it's because of the tattoos, isn't it?"


Lucy: "Look, I just want to collect whatever I'm supposed to get from you. I'm from the Smole. I was told to find you."
Pedro: "Oh, why didn't you say so? I'm Pedro Herrera."


Pedro: "This is what you're looking for."
Lucy: "What's this?"


Pedro: "Open the scroll and you'll find out."
Lucy: "Sounds like something good."


Lucy: "Nothing. We got nothing. We wasted so much of our time finding this Pedro guy and he gives us a scroll that says very clearly: 0 points. I don't like being scammed."

*
*
*


Maximillian: "That was a waste of time."
Clarice: "I'll ask the locals."


Clarice: "Excuse me! Hey! I'm talking to you!"


Clarice: "She's rude."
Maximillian: "Maybe she doesn't understand you. Let's go to the city hall. Maybe we can try getting something from there."



*
*
*



Richard: "The cooler, the freezer. Cabbage. OJ. Ice."
Charlemagne: "Food!"

*
*
*

*
*
*


Clarice: "I can't believe they wouldn't let us see it."
Maximillian: "Over there! That looks like her!"


Clarice: "What are you waiting for?"


Maximillian: "Her back matches the photo."


Maximillian: "Excuse me, miss."


Miriam: "Me?"
Maximillian: "I believe you have something for us."
Clarice: "Points, perhaps?"


Miriam: "Who are you?"
Maximillian: "I'm Max and this is Clarice. We are from the Smole."
Miriam: "Ah. This is what you want."
Maximillian: "Thank you."


Clarice: "You were ridiculously hard to find."

*
*
*



Tiffany: "Um...lime."


Clement: "Fruit?"


Tiffany: "No! Lime!"


Tiffany: "Um...Lime and...lime!"
Clement: "Sour fruit?"


Tiffany: "This is too hard for him. Let's skip to the next one."



Tiffany: "Yes!"
Clement: "Huh?"


Tiffany: "You don't get it?"
Clement: "Questions?"


Tiffany: "How can Clement be soo dumb? Like, I don't get it. It's so obvious that I'm talking about green and dresses! Has he not heard of 'Say Yes To The Dress'? Clement will make me age faster."


Clement: "Tiffany was horrible at this. She gave me so li'l clues.  How am I gonna guess if all you can tell me is 'lime' and 'yes'?"


*
*
*



Howard: "I fly."


Lucy: "You're a plane."


Howard: "I have no wings but I fly. I am a new sport. I am thrown around."


Lucy: "You're a baseball? Softball? Tennis ball?"


Howard: "I am circular and flat."
Lucy: "Oh, you're a frisbee!"
Howard: "Bingo again."


"Please find the Sim depicted." 
Howard: "I saw him at the art gallery."

*
*
*


Lucy: "By the way, I heard you were once a cop. Why change routes?"


Howard: "I love the thrill of crime. It's always so exciting to nearly be caught."
Lucy: "Is going to jail really worth the risk?"


Howard: "Big risk, big payoff. While working on the upper side of the law I realised how inefficient and useless they were. The crooks and their lives were more interesting."


Lucy: "You're not afraid?"
Howard: "If I was I wouldn't be here."


Lucy: "You should treasure your life."
Howard: "Why the sudden interest in me?"


Lucy: "I'll cut to the chase. You know a secret about Clarice."


Howard: "So this is what it's all about. What's it to you?"
Lucy: "If you've got the balls, play the game the proper way. Don't resort to dirty tricks like blackmail."


Howard: "Please, you and I both know that playing fair will only get us executed."
Lucy: "What is that supposed to mean?"


Howard: "That tattoo on your arm. You were from The Simoleon Chasers. Pretty notorious gang, until they got caught."



Lucy: "That life wasn't for me. I had to stop them from ruining more innocent youths' lives."
Howard: "How noble."
Lucy: "I don't appreciate the sarcasm. I put my past behind me. As someone who's been there and done that, I can tell you that it's not worth it. Don't waste your future on crime."


Howard: "Am I committing a crime right now? Unless talking to an ex-con is a crime, then I'll shut up."


Lucy: "You--just stop blackmailing Clarice. I won't let you hurt her any longer."


Howard: "Aren't you interested in what her secret is?"
Lucy: "I...I already know. Don't play these tricks with me."


Howard: "Well, I think we've wasted enough time talking about this urgent matter. I think I see the guy."


Howard: "Hi there. I think I know you from somewhere."


Howard: "Say, this photograph."


Lief: "Ah. You must be looking for this."


Howard: "Another scroll? Don't tell me it's empty."
Lief: "I looked at it. It says 10 points."
Howard: "I'll be having that. Thank you."


*
*
*



Tiffany: "Lime!"
Clement: "Green fruits? Lemony things? Things you grow? Things that grow on trees? Just skip this. Again."


*
*
*



Howard: "A joke."


Lucy: "Comedic acts."


Howard: "Funny jokes."
Lucy: "..."


Howard: "Humour. Comedy."


Lucy: "It's not comedic acts?"


Howard: "Comedy. Jokes. Your favourite joke."
Lucy: "Funny things."


Howard: "Funny jokes. Someone falling. A bumbling fool. A jester."
Lucy: "Oh! People who make themselves look like idiots on purpose!"


Lucy: "From my position I could see what Tiffany and Clement had to guess. They were clearly struggling. I didn't want to look too contestant, so I decided to slow things down for the last one."

*
*
*



Maximillian: "A bomb. An atomic bomb."


Clarice:"Warfare equipment?"


Maximillian: "Sodium on water. Fireworks. A bomb."


Clarice: "Oh, things that explode, am I right?"

"Please find the Sim depicted."


Clarice: "We were given the photo of a young boy. It's clear that he had to be in school."

*
*
*


Clarice: "They're having lessons. It's not good to interrupt their education. The boy isn't in there anyway."
Maximillian: "...Okay. We'll go somewhere else then..."


Clarice: "Let's try that block."


Maximillian: "There he is."


Clarice: "Hi. What's your name?"
Jonas: "Jonas."


Clarice: "Where are you going? I'm not done talking to you. Is everyone here so rude?"
Maximillian: "He's just a kid. Be patient with him. Don't you have experience dealing with children?"


Clarice: "Jonas, you cannot be so rude. Didn't your parents teach you manners?"
Maximillian: "We're here for the points, not to discipline another parent's child."
Clarice: "I have to. If my children were so rude I would wallop them. They must be set straight."


Jonas: "You want points?"


Jonas: "Here you go. Goodbye."


*
*
*




Tiffany: "Ooh, so pretty! So beautiful!"


Clement: "My beautiful wife?"


Tiffany: "It's gorgeous."

Clement: "My baby girl?"


Tiffany: "It's not alive."


Clement: "Oh my god...a dead baby?"

*
*
*



Richard: "I grow stuff."


Charlemagne: "You are a farmer."
Richard: "I am surrounded by plants. I take care of flowers and plants."


Charlemagne: "Are you a gardener?"


Richard: "At fucking last."



"Please find the Sim depicted."


Richard: "He looked like a fit guy so we agreed to go to the gym. Moon and I split up to try and search for the man in question."


*
*
*


Richard: "He could be hiding in the men's bathroom."


Charlemagne: "私はその女性についてその女性に尋ねます。I ask the woman about that woman."


Charlemagne: "good day. Have you seen this guy?"


Lara: "Jakob Ingberg? He works in the same hospital as me. He should be doing his shift right now."


Charlemagne: "Thank you very much! Where is the hospital?"


Charlemagne: "リチャード、私はリードしています。彼の名前はJakob Ingbergで、彼は病院で働いています。Richard, I am leading. His name is Jakob Ingberg, and he works in a hospital."
Richard: "Good lead. Let's go to the hospital."

*
*
*


Charlemagne: "The building is huge."
Richard: "I like a challenge. We have no time to lose. We must comb every floor and leave no stone unturned."
Charlemagne: "Why is he under the stone?"


Jakob: "That was hectic."


Richard: "That looks like him! Jakob Ingberg!"


Charlemagne: "We are from the Smole--"
Richard: "You have something we want. Give it to us, or else."
Jakob: "You are talking about this, right?"
Charlemagne: "10 points!"

*
*
*






Tiffany: "Moi."


Clement: "Huh?"


Tiffany: "Je, mi, moi."


Clement: "Foreign languages."


Tiffany: "No! Me!"
Clement: "Tiffanies?"


Tiffany: "It should have been so obvious. I'm an internet celebrity! I'm the most famous makeup artist to exist on video! How could he not see me and think, 'she's a famous artist'?"

*
*
*



Maximillian: "I am cultivated in a greenhouse. I need water and oxygen. I also need carbon dioxide. I can make my own food."
Clarice: "You're a plant. What a plant might say."


Maximillian: "I am pretty. Bees love me. I am a gift to your lover."


Clarice: "What a flower might say."


"Please find the Sim depicted."

*
*
*


Maximillian: "Wait, pull over. I think I see her!"
Clarice: "Where?"
Maximillian: "There!"


Maximillian: "I told you. We nearly missed her."


Clarice: "I'll handle this one."
Fjord: "Can I help you?"


Clarice: "Yes you can. And you will. We're looking for points. I know you have it. Don't waste our time."
Fjord: "Fine. Take it."


Clarice: "I told you. I want it, I get it."

*
*
*




Howard: "Jokes. A clown. A court jester."
Lucy: "Funny Sims? Funny things? Things that make you laugh?"


"Please find the Sim depicted."

*
*
*





Richard: "Bribes. Money. Chocolates."
"Time is up."
Charlemagne: "Gomen'nasai."


Howard: "We ran out of time. We didn't manage to find the girl and get the last 10 points. Lucy seemed to hit a brick wall with that last one, or maybe she was just messing around to spite me."



50100 points have been earned, making the pot 285/440 points. Language isn't their strong suit but hopefully Mole-sleuthing is; otherwise, they'll be going home next.

*
*
*

A summary:

Richard and Charlemagne:
Things you accept (10) (Astrid Vinter)
What a Gardener might say (10) v v  (Jakob Ingberg)
Parts of a Refrigerator (Exemption) (Viktor Valquist)

Maximillian and Clarice:
Things that Explode (10) v v (Jonas Ingberg)
What a Flower might say (10) v v  (Fjord Warbler)
Mythological Creatures (10) v v (Miriam Day)

Howard and Lucy:
U.S. States (0) vv (Pedro Herrera)
What a Frisbee might say (10) v v (Lief Helgason)
Things that make you laugh (10) v  (Linn Valstrom)

Tiffany and Clement:
Types of Green (10) (Jackie Elliot)
What a Dress might say (10) (Ari Wong)
Famous Artists (10) (Sophia Rios)

*
*
*

Next episode...



Richard: "I feel like a failure. I'm sure you have a loving family too."
Clarice: "Not really."


Clarice: "My husband...he cheated on me. I saw him with another woman. They insisted they were just friends and nothing happened but I'm sure he cheated on me, at least in spirit."

~~~


Richard: "God, you're so sensitive."


Richard: "I'm alone with you in this room. Does that mean we're cheating?"


Clarice: "No!"


Clarice: "Stay away from me. I've got to go."

~~~


Howard: "You think I'm the bad guy here, but Clarice is the real wolf in sheep's clothing. All this while you've only heard her side of the story."

~~~


Maximillian: "I stumbled upon a big secret. I can never look at Clarice the same again."

~~~


Howard: "If you don't want the world knowing, maybe you shouldn't have written about it in your journal."


Howard: "Or maybe not have done it in the first place."
Clarice: "This was my privacy!"


~~~



Tiffany: "You are supposed to be my friend, Moon. You're supposed to support me. Sob!"

~~~


"Contestants, greetings. Two of you could have been exempted, but the exemption eludes you again. As such, we will have to wait to find out your fate like the others. Let us begin."

Episode 10-Good guy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!