Tuesday 28 May 2019

44.16-A shade of grey

In the previous episode...



Richard: "Lucy and Max just cannot get along. They keep bickering whenever they see each other."

~~~


Richard: "Dumbo? Really? I can't tell if you're insulting him or taking him to be your godfather."
Clement: "I don't want her as a daughter."
Tiffany: "And I don't want him as a father. He's so stupid and black but I'm not black. They'll think I was adopted. And he's not rich either."
Richard: "This house has got to learn to work together whether you like it or not."

~~~


For the first round, Richard is locked in one of two rooms. Richard's dilemma was: You can save the world of a deadly plague but only if you sacrifice your loved one. Do you see the forest for the trees and save everyone at the expense of your loved one, or do you choose to let everyone perish in order to save your loved one? Regardless, you will survive the plague.

~~~


Lucy: "We reached a decision very quickly. I think we took about 3 minutes at most. We were certain of what Richard would do."

~~~


"Lucy has been locked in."
Clement: "I was right!"
Maximillian: "Then why didn't you insist that you were right?"

~~~


Your parents have entrusted you to write their will. However, they tell you that they are giving all their assets to your sister. You have the power to secretly change the will such that you and your sister get an equal share of the assets. Your parents and sister will never know. Do you or do you not change the will?


~~~


Clement: "Rock, paper, scissors. The only way to settle disagreements on the Smole."

~~~


Clement: "I win!"


Clement: "You can't beat me. I play this with my daughter all the time."
Tiffany: "That's not fair! I demand a rematch."

~~~

Tiffany: "Did you succeed?"



Clement: "Hell yeah I did."
Tiffany: "Woohoo!"

~~~


Tiffany: "You can get whatever your heart desires. However, the only condition is that you must work as a slave for 10 years and do your master's every bidding. Will you become a slave in order to see the light at the end of the tunnel or will you not sacrifice your personal freedom for a lifetime of satisfaction?"
~~~


Clement: "Eh...I don't know. If you end up being wrong you'll blame me again for not standing my ground."
Maximillian: "You really should have. Then we'll have both Lucy and Richard to help us."

~~~


Clement: "It's empty?"



Tiffany: "I'm over here, dumbo."

~~~


Clement: "Your wife and daughter found better future prospects overseas. If they move there, they'll lead a better life than they are currently. However, you cannot join them and you will lose all contact with them for good if they move. Do you allow them to spread their wings in search of better options or keep the fledglings close to the nest?"

~~~



Maximillian: "Just listen to me. You don't have to do anything."
Tiffany: "Sounds great. All that thinking has tired me out. I need to recharge my brain."

~~~


Maximillian: "Okay, I've done my part. Now it's your turn. Go in the room and find Clement."



Tiffany: "What? No way. It's like, your idea. You own it and do it."
Maximillian: "You have to do something."
Tiffany: "That's not what you told me just now."


Maximillian: "Fine. I'll go."
Tiffany: "Don't get locked up! Hee hee!"

~~~


"Contestants, Lucy is the last contestant to be locked in. However, she is currently locked in the room on the first floor and thus, this round will not take place. Altogether, 60/100 points have been earned, increasing the pot to 375/800 points. However, you may still choose to try and solve this dilemma."

~~~


Tiffany: "It looks like we have a majority. Let's go home."
Maximillian: "You guys can go ahead. I'm still going to try to solve it."



Maximillian: "I already have an idea of what she'll pick."



Maximillian: "There's....nothing. No sign, no whatever."



Maximillian: "Darn it. I must have selected the wrong room. I think I heard the door lock."






The group didn't understand Richard and Lucy as well as they thought they did, but fortunately they managed to get the rest of the dilemmas correct, earning 60/100 points to make the pot 375/800 points. With no exemption in play, it is anyone's game as to who will be leaving next. Do the contestants know the Mole well enough to ace the quiz?


Richard: "This lot needs to learn the meaning of camaraderie. Lucy and Max argue when they see each other while Tiffany and Clement can't get along. I wouldn't care about their personal affairs but it's hindering mission success so it's now my problem. I'm going to teach this group how to work together as a team."




Richard: "You have one minute to get up."
Lucy: "It's too early. I don't see the sun. Let me sleep some more."

Richard: "30 SECONDS TO REVEILLE!" 


Lucy: "Aah!"


Lucy: "What the fuck is wrong with you?"


Richard: "Lucy Neuwark, listen up. I will give you one minute to fall in downstairs in your jogging gear. Is that understood?"
Lucy: "Do you think you're still in the army? Who do you think you are, telling me what to do?"
Richard: "This room is technically mine. I've been sleeping in this bed longer than you have. So I have the right to kick you out of my bed as and when I please. Don't make the others wait too long. They've been told to do jumping jacks until you come."


Lucy: "He's out of his mind."

*
*
*

Clement: "Is he sleepwalking? This must be some kind of weird dream he's having."
Maximillian: "Or maybe it's a traumatic flashback."
Tiffany: "He was really scary."
Clement: "He's coming!"


Richard: "What the fuck do you think you're doing?"


Clement: "We ain't doing anything."
Richard: "That's the problem. Did I not tell you to do jumping jacks until your dear friend comes down?"



Tiffany: "But it's so early. My legs haven't woken up. Can I go back to sleep?"



Clement: "Thank the Lord. You're here!"


Lucy: "You better have a good explanation for waking us up at 4am in the morning."


Richard: "Attention! We've been under the same roof for so many days. But for some fucking reason we can't fucking put aside our differences and fucking work together to complete the missions. The pathetic state we're in? 375 out of 800 points. We aren't even halfway. And we're in the fucking final five. This is a pathetic group to pick finalists from."


Tiffany: "Can you, like, stop swearing? My ears are hurting."


Richard: "Like it or not we're stuck together. You have two options: leave the game right now, or listen to me."


Lucy: "Who does he think he is? Like we're going to leave because of him. If anything he should be the one leaving."


Richard: "Something to say, Neuwark?"
Lucy: "Yes, actually."


Clement: "Don't."


Lucy: "You still haven't told us why you woke us up at 4am and to wear jogging clothes."


Richard: "Did you leave your brain at home? We're going for a morning run."


Tiffany: "Noo! Please noo! I hate running! It's too early to be icky and sticky and gross and smelly and achy and tiredy..."


Richard: "I can make your life hell, Etsoos. So you better think twice about whining."

*
*
*


Richard: "One, two, one, two, one, two...where's my song?"


Tiffany: "I'm too...tired..."
Maximillian: "We only just began."


Clement: "Oh country roads, take me home~"


Lucy: "What do you say we get out of here? He won't notice since he's leading."


Lucy: "Last I checked, I didn't sign up for boot camp. I came to find a Mole."
Maximillian: "Why are we even listening to him?"


Lucy: "This isn't the army. He has nothing over us. What can he do if we don't listen? Yell at us?"


Maximillian: "For once I agree with you. I don't know what he has up his sleeve but I'm not interested in finding out."

*
*
*


Lucy: "We'll hide in here."


Maximillian: "It's awfully hot in here. I can't believe I'm saying this because it's winter."
Lucy: "There's a hot tub calling our name."


Maximillian: "I didn't wear my swimming trunks."
Lucy: "If you don't have a bathing suit, then use your birthday suit."


Maximillian: "Are you crazy? If anyone catches us in here they'll think we were up to no good. And my fiancee is watching this. Imagine what she'll think if I get naked in the garage with a woman."
Lucy: "She'll realise that we didn't do anything. But suit yourself."

Maximillian: "You're just like Lindsey when she first chose to room with me and Clement."


Lucy: "Oh yeah, nearly forgot about her. Had a lot of spunk, that girl."


Maximillian: "She made Clement incredibly uncomfortable. I think he was relieved when she was executed."


Lucy: "Why can't we do this all the time?"
Maximillian: "Do what?"


Lucy: "Talk. Just talk. Do we have to be so hostile to each other?"


Maximillian: "You were the one bent on trying to destroy my journal."


Lucy: "And I apologised for that."


Lucy: "But I wish you could see things from my point of view. I'm a girl looking for a new lease of life. I can find it on the Smole. It's my chance to live like myself again without fear, and to change the world's perception of me. And you're trying to take that from me."


Maximillian: "I wish you see it from my point of view too. There are other avenues to achieve your goal. The Smole is too dangerous. I know you have no malicious intent but this show attracts all the weong type of contestants. We literally had someone try to blow the house up last season. One day, someone will really die, and then it will be too little, too late."


Lucy: "Do you really need to be so uppity? It's almost like you have a personal stake in this."


Maximillian: "It's my duty to restore justice in this messed up society. When I was younger, my parents were involved in a fatal hit-and-run. Instantly it became just me and my older sister. We never found the perpetrator."


Lucy: "So you want closure. You can never rest in peace knowing that the driver is still at large. Maybe he'll go on to kill more pedestrians. Or maybe he'll commit other heinous crimes. You want to stop all the crime in the world."


Maximillian: "It's not fair. Innocent lives are being lost every day because of scums like him. So I swore to protect the good and give the bad what they deserve."


Lucy: "Do you really think you can do it? Be realistic. It's too much a responsibility to rest on your shoulders."
Maximillian: "Someone has to do it."


Lucy: "There already are. We have legal systems, judicial systems, law enforcement, special forces...don't be so hard on yourself."


Lucy: "Yes, it was wrong. Yes, he deserves to be punished. But did you ever think things from his point of view? All these years he has had to live in fear of being caught, and every day he is reminded of why he is fearful. He killed someone. By accident, to add. His guilt has been expounded greatly and he can't get closure either. Don't you think that's punishment enough for him? Not to sound like Ignatius but the makers up there have a plan. They have things in control."


Lucy: "We aren't a piece of paper. We aren't just black or just white. A lot of times we're a shade of grey. Howard was a cop, but then he turned to crime. Tiffany is lazy and honestly idiotic, but she's harmless. Crooks aren't evildoers with absolutely no moral conscience."


"Everyone, please gather in the house."


*
*
*


"It has come to our attention that earlier this morning, one of you brought the other contestants out of the house without permission. You led them further and further into the woods. It is clearly stated that nobody is to live the residential premises unless otherwise authorised to do so. One of you has broken that rule."


"Richard Xyz, after discussion, we have decided to let you off with a stern warning. Do not attempt this again."
Richard: "Yes sir. Thank you."


Tiffany: "Yay we're saved! We don't have to put up with this monstrous training any more!"


Lucy: "See? Just take a step back sometimes. You'll realise that things tend to resolve themselves. Things have improved since the show's conception. They care about our safety. Nobody was remotely hurt--"


Tiffany: "I was! My legs are crying?"
Lucy: "Shut up Tiffany. No one was talking to you."


Lucy: "As I was saying, nobody was close to being in danger, but they still took it seriously anyway."


Lucy: "Give the Smole another chance. Give all of us another chance to show you that we've changed for the better."

*
*
*



Richard: "I can think of few times when I've been so humiliated."
Clement: "Who would dare humiliate you?"


Richard: "Those higher than me. Like the current General of the Army, or the President."


Richard: "Not interested?"
Clement: "I ain't the type to force others to say stuff."


Richard: "You're a good man. You're lucky to have such a loving family. I was being really strict with everyone this morning, but I hope you realise it was to instil a sense of comeradeship in all of you. You can gang up together and hate me, I'm fine, but at least you're working together."


Clement: "You did it. Lucy and Max were talking to each other normally."



Richard: "That's good. At least I know I'm not totally useless."


Clement: "..."
Richard: "I went straight to the General of the Army. Got thrown right out for failure to follow the chain of command. Fuck them. I had retired. I don't have to follow their stupid chain of command. They told me they would investigate and that was the end of things. The President didn't listen to my letters. So I went straight to his office. Couldn't get past security. For fuck's sake, I had served him for so many years before and now I'm treated like a fucking threat."


Richard: "I couldn't even seek redress for my son. As someone who used to have so much power, as someone who took care of so many men and women under me, as someone who was so passionate for the army that I chose my career over my marriage, my family...I am fucking pathetic."


Clement: "Er...I don't know what to say."
Richard: "Don't. I just needed to get it off my chest. You don't seek like the type to gossip. I'm a good judge of character. Don't disappoint me."


Clement: "Yes sir."

*
*
*


Tiffany: "I think I saw a clue to the Mole two missions ago, and I've been seeing more and more clues pointing to him ever since. I think I'm right about this. Which means I'm getting a free pass to the finale. I'm so smart and attentive."

*
*
*


Clement: "The Mole this season is a good one. He or she managed to get rid of so many smart contestants like Clarence, Moon, Clarice and Howard. I'm actually really confused and ain't no clue who it is. All I've been going on is that the Mole is a woman and there are only two women left. I sure hope it's one of them."

*
*
*

It is time for the quiz. 10 questions about the Mole's identity. Whoever knows the least is executed.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: Does the Mole prefer the heat or the cold?
A: Heat
B: Cold


Q3: Has the Mole ever been married?
A: Yes
B: No

Q4: In Mission 8, which car was the Mole in?
A: Red car
B: Blue car



Q5: In Mission 8, on which floor was the Mole's dilemma answered?
A: First
B: Second
C: Third
D: Fourth
E: Fifth

Q6: Did the Mole unlock a door in Mission 8?
A: Yes
B: No


Q7: In Mission 8, was the Mole's dilemma answered correctly?
A: Yes
B: No

Q8: Which dilemmas did the Mole answer in Mission 8?
A: Richard's, Maximillian's and Clement's
B: Richard's, Maximillian's and Tiffany's
C: Richard's, Tiffany's, Clement's and Lucy's
D: Richard's
E: Nobody's


Q9: In Mission 8, how long did the Mole's dilemma take to be answered?
A: 9 min 42 seconds
B: 7 min 8 seconds
C: 3 min 36 seconds
D: 2 min 25 seconds
E: 1 min 15 seconds

Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Lucy Neuwark
B: Richard Xyz
C: Maximillian Young
D: Clement Oakley-Wakefield
E: Tiffany Etsoos

*
*
*



"Contestants, it is an impressive feat to make it so far. However, tonight, for one of you, the journey has to end. Who will it be?"


"Tiffany Etsoos."
Tiffany: "No way can it be me."












































































































































































































































































































































































































































"Maximillian Young."
Maximillian: "I only have one suspect left. Let's see if I'm right."







































































































































































































































































































































































































































"Richard Xyz."
Richard: "I also only have one suspect left, the reason I outlasted Howard and Clarice. I'm just worried that everyone else has the same suspect."
































































































































































































































































































































































































"Unfortunately, Richard Xyz, you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Richard: "Fuck. I'm sure I had all the right answers. Was it a matter of time? I'd be really upset if it was."


Richard: "On the bright side, I have more time to work on my other plans. Maybe my son's telling me that I shouldn't be playing a game when I haven't gotten revenge for him yet. I know my Mole is right. And at least I managed to get the group to be more bonded."


Tiffany: "Not Richard! He was my roommate for so long. He's really buff and smart and fit and tall. He's like the definition of perfection. It's hard to imagine someone like him executed."
Maximillian: "Richard was a formidable competitor. When he wanted to get us to work together for the pot I could tell he wasn't the Mole, but he's done far more than what other 55-year-olds can ever hope to achieve."

*
*
*


"Thank you for joining. We hope to see you again."

*
*
*


Clement: "And now Richard is gone too. All the smart ones are going one by one. I wonder if Max is gonna go next."

The tallest and oldest contestant has outstayed his welcome and leaves the house as fifth this season. Did he find the right Mole or was he blinded? If so, who is the Mole?

Next episode...



Lucy: "I'm excited for the finale I actually woke up early today. I can almost smell my spot in the finale."

~~~


Tiffany: "My point is...I'll stop calling you Dumbo from now on."

~~~


Lucy: "Sounds like fun."

~~~


"You have one minute."

~~~


Tiffany: "If all of you think it's A then I guess it's A. Because I have no clue."

~~~


Lucy: "I told you we should have stopped to discuss this."

~~~


Clement: "We're blacks. Listen to us."

~~~


Lucy: "I'm not sure about this."
Maximillian: "Lucy, stop wasting time!"

~~~



Tiffany: "Ugh, Clement, you Mole! We trusted you!"




Clement: "Oh so if we're wrong it's my fault?"


Lucy: "Why is nobody listening to me?"

~~~


Maximillian: "Where is the takeover when you need it?"


Maximillian: "So much for working together. Everyone had their own answers and worst of all, the one who kept fighting with me the most was Lucy."

~~~


Maximillian: "Fine. You'll regret this."

~~~


"Onto the second round. You will be asked two questions. For each question, there are two correct answers. You must agree on which two to earn the points. Take note that after this round, you must choose one contestant to be eliminated."



Tiffany: "That's brutal."

~~~


Clement: "I'm damn sure of my answer. Where I come from I see thieves everywhere. Thieves want money. Simple as that."



Tiffany: "I'm not changing either. Do you know how tiring it is to keep having to erase and change your answers?"

~~~


Maximillian: "Tiffany, do something!"

~~~


"You are not able to come an agreement. Hence, one minute of discussion begins now. After one minute, you will lose points per second until the mission's earnings are emptied."

~~~


Clement: "Yikes. We could lose our whole pot. All our hard work this season just gone like that."


Episode 17-Full steam ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!