Friday 9 August 2019

46.09-A walk in the park


Previously, the contestants completed a rowboat race in pairs. Along the way were tasks they could complete. 20/80 points were earned to make the pot 160/550 points. Benedict and Peggy came in first and got the exemption that Maria wanted badly. It turned out that she needed it because she was executed next. She accepted her defeat but will the other contestants resign to fate and let the Mole dominate the pot? Or will they fight back as hard as they can?


***

Louis: "Maria was very focused. She knew exactly what she wanted and worked hard to get it. Unfortunately she was executed. It's too bad. I wanted to ask her about some things. There's no chance now. This season, the pot is so low the Mole doesn't need to do anything. And that's where I'll be looking."

***













Louis: "Your wish has come true."


*
*
*


Benedict: "Hey, Louis, bro, I gotta question to ask you."
Louis: "What is it?"


Benedict: "How often do the wishes come true?"
Louis: "100%."


Benedict: "Really? All wishes, whether good or bad?"
Louis: "Yes, which is why it's so dangerous and we don't do too much publicity. Word of mouth is pretty strong, however, which is why you heard it from Henry."


Benedict: "Did his wish come true?"
Louis: "It did. He used his one wish to wish for an exemption, and it came at a price. He was executed immediately after."


Benedict: "Wait, how do you know what he wished for?"
Louis: "Oh, he told me."
Benedict: "You can say it out loud? It won't jinx anything?"


Louis: "No, but as I said, everything comes with a price. Wishes can come true but it's whether you can handle what comes after that matters. So what did you wish for?"


Benedict: "A girlfriend. Don't laugh."



Benedict: "I thought it was going to be Maria because she suddenly asked about a connection but then she was executed before we even got a chance to do anything. Guess she's not the girlfriend I was looking for on the Smole."



Louis: "So that's the connection she was talking about."


Benedict: "She told you?"
Louis: "Oh, yeah she did mention something about it, but I don't think she was interested in you. Say, what did she ask you about?"


Benedict: "A lot of things, like my pet name, my pets, my family's name..."
Louis: "Pet name...pets...hmm...Benedict, what pets do you have?"


Benedict: "Just a dog, Kia. She likes to run and swim with me."

Hailey: "Ben-boo, I missed you!"


Benedict: "Ben-boo?"


Hailey: "I had a dream last night. We were gonna get married and have babies. I realised that I love you, Ben-boo!"
Benedict: "I had a dream about you too."


Louis: "Congratulations Ben. Your wish just came true. But beware. Wishes come at a price."

*
*
*


"Contestants, three of you have been randomly picked to make the best goopy carbonara you can using the freshest ingredients from the markets of Barnacle Bay."


"The rest of you must predict who will produce the highest quality dish. If you are correct, you can earn 20 points."


Louis: "I think Peggy will do the best. She is the housewife, after all."
Sierra: "If I was selected it would be me, but since I am not there I agree with your choice."


Tyler: "What about Edith? She can cook too."
Ulrich: "Presumably. We've never seen her cook."
Tyler: "But as someone who goes on about being the perfect wife and holds ancient values, you would think she can cook decently."


Sierra: "Standards have improved since her era."
Benedict: "Gulp. Anyone feel the heat?"


Hailey: "I disagree with both of you. Maybe Sandra will surprise us."
Benedict: "That would be awesome but she doesn't seem to be the type to know how to cook."
Hailey: "It's goop. How hard can it be?"


Louis: "Sandra told me her Dad used to do all the cooking. Her favourite dish was mushroom omlette. That is probably the only dish she can make if any."


Svetlana: "We've lived with them for a while and the only one among the three I've seen cook is Peggy. It's not too bad. But we don't know how well the other two can cook."
Hailey: "My point exactly. I think we should always go for the least obvious option."


Sierra: "No. Choose Peggy."
Benedict: "I think we can all agree on Peggy more."


Sierra: "We predict Peggy will win."
Louis: "I hope that's true."


"Ladies, you may begin cooking. Only the best chef will move on to the next round. The other two cannot be selected in subsequent rounds but can still participate in subsequent discussion."


Peggy: "This should be a walk in the park."


Sandra: "Not for me. I don't know how to cook."


Sandra: "I'm so scared I'll cut my own fingers off."


Peggy: "This is a beginner-level dish."


Sandra: "Already? Peggy, you're fast!"
Peggy: "It comes with experience."
Edith: "I have been cooking since you were sucking a teat. I have the most experience. Your dishes will never compare to mine."


Sandra: "I'm not going down without a fight."
Peggy: "Neither am I."


Peggy: "Mine is ready."
Edith: "You idiot. Your haste will mean your dish is subpar. By the time I am done yours will have gone cold. How horrid of you to serve cold food. Your heart must be made of coal."


Sandra: "Peggy, do you think you can help me since you're done? I don't know how long I should stir this for."


Peggy: "I can't help and won't help. Only one can progress and it would make no sense to help a rival."


Edith: "You are a selfish woman. I don't know what your husband ever saw in you. And Ms. Rius, how can you claim to be a good woman if you cannot even make something as simple as this?"


Peggy: "She's using tactics against us, Sandra. Ignore her."


Edith: "Good food takes time to prepare."


Edith: "Hmm, just enough salt."


Sandra: "The colour looks right."
Edith: "This is a kitchen, not a market. Stop yapping. What if your saliva flies into the food? You're going to spread diseases to anyone who tastes it."


Sandra: "I'm done."


Sandra: "I'm not expecting to win but I've done my best."


Edith: "I am done too."


The three dishes are ready. Which one will the other contestants think taste the best?


"You may begin sampling."


Hailey: "I have a very unique taste. Be warned."


Sierra: "This dish has two tablespoons too much of salt."
Ulrich: "You can even go down to that level of preciseness."


Sierra: "I can't stomach this."


Louis: "Smells delish. I hope it will taste good too."


Tyler: "I'm not a picky eater. As long as it's not spicy I'll eat anything."
Edgar: "You don't eat spice? You're missing out, dude."


Louis: "I think this is a clear winner. It's well made. I bet Peggy prepared this."


Hailey: "Yuck!"


Hailey: "There's too much onion. And it's too goopy."


Benedict: "Err...it's goopy carbonara. It's supposed to be goopy."
Hailey: "But can't they make it less goopy? It's so drippy."
Benedict: "If you can't finish it I'll do it for you."
Hailey: "Really? You're the best, Ben-boo!"
Edgar: "Blegh. That mush is worse than the one I just ate."


"Ladies, the rest have sampled your dishes. They have voted for the one they think is the best. The one who wins is..."


Benedict: "I vote wherever by Hailey votes."
Edgar: "God help us."
Tyler: "Are they an item now?"


"...Peggy. You have 6 votes. Edith, you have 2. Sandra, you have none."
Peggy: "Yes!"
Edith: "Ridiculous!"


Edith: "They are blind and stupid to have voted for you. What drug did you add?"
Peggy: "I'm not eliminated yet. That's all that matters."
Sandra: "Good job Peggy."

*
*
*


"Ulrich, Benedict and Peggy have been randomly selected to play a game of dominoes. Who do you predict to win? 20 poins can be made if there is a correct prediction."


Sierra: "Ulrich is the smartest man. Dominoes is a game of strategy."
Tyler: "But also luck."


Edith: "I would be disappointed if Ulrich wins at a child's game. That will reveal how often he plays and his level of maturity."


Svetlana: "It's not that bad. Like Sierra said it's a game of strategy."
Edith: "My ass. Children aren't smart enough to strategise."


Louis: "Peggy is really determined to win. Look at her in the previous mission."
Tyler: "To be fair she had the right partner."


Sierra: "It cannot be Benedict. He does not play hard."


Benedict: "He also does not look very bright."
Hailey: "That's my Ben-boo you're talking about. Watch your mouth."


Sierra: "How are you suddenly so smitten with him? He is 10 years older than you. He can be your father."
Hailey: "Do you know how the reproductive life cycle works? He can't be a father at 10-years-old. I support Ben-boo no matter what."


Edith: "Insolent, man-crazy girl. If she supports that meathead I will support Mr. Ulrich Zimmer, the only sophisticated man worth supporting."
Svetlana: "I agree."
Sandra: "Me too."


Edgar: "This is so weird. I thought everyone hated Edith?"


"Contestants, you may begin playing. Only the winner will progress."


Benedict: "Damn. I don't have good tiles."


Ulrich: "Hmm..."


Peggy: "Should I put it down?"


Peggy: "On second thought, too much is riding on this."


Ulrich: "Your turn, Benedict."
Benedict: "I know. Don't rush me."


Peggy: "Interesting."


Benedict: "I wanna win this. My Hailey is watching me."


Ulrich: "Benedict, I think you should give up. No offense but I hardly think they chose you as the winner."
Benedict: "Nonsense. My Hailey will definitely want me to win."

***


Peggy: "I would say I'm quite competitive. I always play to win. I hate the feeling of losing. That's why I appear to be playing very hard. Ben, however, is not someone who plays to win, so it surprised me when he suddenly got fired up to beat us."

***


Peggy: "I can't win. Shit."


Benedict: "Neither can I."


Benedict: "Dammit. I was so close."


Ulrich: "Then I guess..."


Ulrich: "...I win."


Peggy: "You can't put that down."
Ulrich: "I can and I will. Don't try to smack my hand away."


Ulrich: "Good game, guys."
"Ulrich, you win this game. You also bring in 20 points as the rest predicted you will win."
Ulrich: "Smart choice."

*
*
*


"Svetlana Partridge, Ulrich Zimmer and Edgar Ellin have been randomly selected to play archery in the dark. Who will get the highest score?"


Edith: "I believe in Mr. Zimmer."


Sandra: "Ulrich doesn't do outdoor activities much. I had to teach him how to fish in the first mission. I don't think he'll succeed."


Edith: "That's where you're wrong. You're so stupid."
Sandra: "If that's your argument then clearly I win."
Peggy: "Svetlana? What about Svetlana? She looks quite outdoorsy."
Sandra: "I was thinking her too."


Sierra: "I concur. It definitely cannot be Edgar and from what Sandra said it cannot be Ulrich. Svetlana is the best choice."
Hailey: "Whatever you guys say."


Benedict: "Don't be like that Hailey. I'm sorry I lost."
Sandra: "You don't have to be. Let her throw her tantrum."


Louis: "Hailey, surely you won't bear a grudge just like that? Ben helped us to win 20 points by losing."


Tyler: "If the majority feels it's Svetlana then we can go with her."
Louis: "You sound reluctant. Who do you think will get the highest score?"


Tyler: "I'm just not sure about Edgar."


Tyler: "But I'm not sure about the other two either. I don't think any of us has played archery."
Louis: "So, Svetlana?"
Tyler: "Sure."


Edith: "If you don't listen to me you are making a grave mistake."
Sandra: "We will bear the consequences ourselves, Mrs. Wickham."
Peggy: "We choose Svetlana."


Ulrich: "I hope they picked me."


"You may begin."


"The highest scorer will advance."


Edgar: "I can't see anything!"
Ulrich: "I'm night-blind."


Ulrich: "I hope I'm aiming in the correct direction."


Edgar: "Oops, I released it too early."


Ulrich: "I think I can barely make out a figure at the end."


Ulrich: "Nej! I heard the sound of metal hitting metal. I must have missed."


Edgar: "Please don't hit me guys."


Edgar: "This isn't easy at all."


Ulrich: "Of course. Not with proper training."
Edgar: "Should we lose to Ulrich on purpose?"
Ulrich: "Is Svetlana even there?"


Svetlana: "I'm here guys. I'm on my last arrow and I think it goes against the spirit of the game to lose on purpose."
Ulrich: "Very well. May the best archer win."


"Svetlana, your score is 75. The contestants predicted you will have the highest score."
Svetlana: "I hope I don't disappoint them."


"Edgar, you scored 0."
Edgar: "Hey, it's not easy to score 0."


"Ulrich, you scored 0."
Ulrich: "What?"


Ulrich: "Sigh, I lost."

***


Svetlana: "I used to work night shifts at the zoo before. My eyes are somewhat used to the night. I guess you can say I have night vision, ha. It should have been obvious to all of us but we didn't know that the ultimate winner will get an exemption, not until we were selected to play. I think it's unfair that some of us have to work harder to get to the final round while others get lucky to not be called until the last round."

***


"Svetlana, Louis and Hailey have been randomly selected to shoot arcade hoops. Who will shoot the most hoops?"


Benedict: "It's definitely Hailey. She's got a fire in her that will drive her crazy."
Sandra: "Oh...er...good to know. I would go for Svetlana again though. She is the most outdoorsy. Basketball is am outdoor sport."


Edith: "Basketball is a man's sport. Mr. Chamberlain is the only man."
Sandra: "That's sexist."
Edith: "You're sabotaging."
Peggy: "How much do we know about Louis? And given that nobody can get a two-win streak, Hailey is my pick."


Edith: "Mrs. Vox is senseless and dumb but I expect better of you, Ms. Rius."
Sandra: "I'm thinking about it but I really don't know much about Louis. And we share a room."


Tyler: "Don't forget this isn't actual basketball. It's an arcade game. That said, Hailey has the most power to burst through it."
Edgar: "This should have been my challenge. Also, I don't know what you just said."


Tyler: "How do I explain it? She has that drive that the others don't. The rest are too calm. And I don't think Svetlana will think we will pick her again."
Sierra: "I will not pick Svetlana."


Sierra: "My instincts are telling me to go with Hailey. Trust me. I have good judgement.'
Ulrich: "Then Hailey it is."


Edith: "It just so happens that my thoughts align with yours, Ms. Das Auto. Mr. Jackson made a good point of this being a silly arcade game. Ms. Charleston is the most immature so she will win as this immature sport. The rest of you were wrong before. Listen to me now."
Peggy: "Oh...well, I guess we shall go with Hailey then."


Hailey: "Gotta warm up to win it."
Louis: "There's an exemption at stake. I'm not giving it up so easily."


"You may begin."


Svetlana: "Eye on the ball..."


Hailey: "I will win, Ben-boo! Watch me!"


Svetlana: "We're tied."
Louis: "Are we now? The only score that matters is the final."


Louis: "Come on."


Svetlana: "So glad I played so many sports as a kid."


Louis: "What the hell?"


Louis: "I threw the ball over the machine."


Svetlana: "My light is shining."


Svettlana: "Yeah!"


Svetlana: "I win!"


"Svetlana, you may progress to your next round. However, they thought Hailey would win. No points are earned in this round."


Hailey: "Stupid hoop was too small. I should've won."

*
*
*



The last three eligible contestants will bowl. The bowler with the highest score will get the exemption but who will get it?

***


Tyler: "Bowling, my worst nemesis. The last time I bowled was in primary school and I haven't touched a bowling ball since. I'm so scared I'll screw up and drop the ball or fall or something."

***


Ulrich: "I think Svetlana will win."


Peggy: "Will she really get three wins in a row?"
Ulrich: "She's got two. Who says she can't get one more?"


Sandra: "The odds are low. In bowling you need strength to lift the ball and bowl. No offense but Tyler is scrawny, so I'm thinking Sierra will win. What do the rest of you think?"
Edith: "I think none of them will win."


Benedict: "I would go with Svetlana but I'm fine with anything. It's all down to luck."
Hailey: "Stupid Svetlana stole my win from me so don't vote for her. Vote for Sierra instead."


Benedict: "Alright babe."


Hailey: "Ben-boo, I'm sorry I doubted your ability earlier. These games are hard. You know I can never stay mad at you, right?"


Peggy: "Guys?"
Edith: "Someone stop them before I walk over there and bash their skulls with a cane."
Sandra: "We don't need to go that far, Mrs. Wickham."


Ulrich: "Ahem. I would say I know Sierra the best. I think she has potential but ultimately will lose narrowly to Svetlana."
Louis: "I think Sierra will surprise us. Svetlana is outdoorsy. Bowling is definitely not an outdoor activity."
Edgar: "Both of you have a point but Louis has more of a point. I agree with him."


Edith: "Wise of you to agree with me about Ms. Das Auto."
Sandra: "I'm not very sure. Ben, Hailey, your thoughts please?"


Benedict: "Babe."
Hailey: "Ben-boo, heeheehee!"


Benedict: "I never told you this but my heart skips a beat when I see you."
Hailey: "Really? Me too! It's like our hearts are skipping together."


Hailey: "Kiss me, Ben-boo."
Benedict: "Here? Now?"
Hailey: "Yes, please? Or I'll be so disappointed and upset."


Benedict: "How can I say no to that face?"
Hailey: "Mmmff..."


Sandra: "Yeah, they're clearly not going to help us. Ulrich, Peggy, do you agree to pick Sierra?"
Peggy: "There already is a majority so I guess Sierra it is."
Ulrich: "Agreed. I hope she does well."


"You may begin."


Sierra: "For the exemption."


Tyler: "Woah, nearly tripped over myself."


Svetlana: "I know a bit about bowling."


Svetlana: "You can't aim for the centre pin."


Svetlana: "Come on, come on..."


Tyler: "Yes!"


Sierra: "Oh. It went to the gutter."

Tyler: "One, two, three, bowl!"


Sierra: "Ja, that is the way."


Sierra: "A strike."


Sierra: "I just need to keep it up."


Svetlana: "I won two rounds. I can't lose to two newbies now."


Tyler: "Ow!"


Tyler: "That's embarrassing. Can I go somewhere and die now?"


Sierra: "Aah!"


Sierra: "Aah!"


Sierra: "Oof!"
Tyler: "That actually makes me feel better."


Tyler: "How did I do?"


Tyler: "A spare? That's really good."


Svetlana: "Not again."


Sierra: "I can keep this up."
Svetlana: "I think I shouldn't think so much about the exemption and play normally."


Svetlana: "Alright, just play like you're having an outing with friends. Just pure fun."


Svetlana: "Aah!"


Svetlana: "I still did well!"


Svetlana: "I'm getting into the groove."


Tyler: "Guys, who do you think they voted for?"
Sierra: "I think it's one of you two."


Tyler: "Oh nice! A spare!"


Svetlana: "Woohoo!"


Svetlana: "I'm coming after that exemption."


"Tyler, you have the highest score: 52. Congratulations, you get the exemption."
Tyler: "Really? Oh my gosh."


"Sierra, your score was 42."
Sierra: "Not bad, Tyler."


"Svetlana, you had a score of 45."
Svetlana: "Shit, so close."


Louis: "Tyler won?"
Sandra: "We underestimated him."
Edith: "That boy is always wrecking things. I ought to give him a piece of my mind."


Tyler has the exemption and 60/100 points have been earned. The pot is now at 220/650 points. An execution ceremony will commence next and it will be the most important one they have faced to date. Who will survive the execution? Who is the Mole?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!