Thursday 15 August 2019

46.12-There is no such thing as a free lunch


In the last episode, the final 8 were randomly paired off and relied on luck to get to the end. Ulrich did so and put 30 points on himself as the winner. Sandra put the points on her Mole and Benedict sacrificed 20 points to look at Ulrich's quiz results. How well did Ulrich do? Who did Sandra suspect? How many points did they earn? Who will win? Who is the Mole?


***


Benedict: "The quiz results were a complete waste of time. I should have gone for someone else's, or my own. At least I will know how well I did. Ulrich's results aren't very high so he should be leaving soon. Or there could be someone worse than him. Or he's the Mole and the result is fake. They can't be showing us a blank result for the Mole, right? It also explains why Ulrich won first and didn't want anybody catching on. I bet he went in there and wrote the result himself. The handwriting must be different from the rest. It sucks that Sandra chose to go for points and I can't go up to my potential Mole and asked him if he wrote in his own book, so I can't verify this. Man, this is tough. If only I had my babe to comfort me..."

***



Sandra: "I think it's time for me to make a confession."


Sandra: "Wait, I just remembered Louis bugging this area. He told me he removed it but I never did actually check."


Sandra: "I should inspect the area."


Sandra: "I'm not even sure I know how to check if someone is spying on me."


Sandra: "Well, even if he didn't remove it, the bug has no use for Louis any more."


Sandra: "I wonder why they never chopped down that tree? It's blocking the view...why is there a tissue box down here?"


Sandra: "Miracle Wipes? Isn't this Louis's?"

*
*
*


Sandra: "Hey Ben, I remember seeing a box of Miracle Wipes in your room."
Benedict: "Oh...you did? Haha."


Benedict: "Er...you can use them if you want. I have no need for them any more."
Sandra: "What do you mean by that?"


Benedict: "Nothing. Let's focus on the game. Goal!"
Sandra: "This is important, Ben. I saw another box near the confessional area."
Benedict: "You did? Somebody else must have made a wish and left it there."


Sandra: "A wish?"
Benedict: "Yeah. Miracle Wipes grants wishes. I know it sounds silly. I was sceptical at first too but it really worked."


Sandra: "Aren't you curious as to how the wish was granted?"


Benedict: "I don't know, a wish fairy? I never questioned the specifics. If it works, it works. Besides, only Louis will know how it works. But it's like the tissue can hear my wishes. I wished for something and it came true quite quickly."

***


Sandra: "I think I found out how Louis bugged the area. He planted his tissue box here. He studied material engineering so I think he engineered some sort of fibre or cardboard that can record conversations. This sounds far-fetched but it's less far-fetched than tissues granting wishes. It's a sham for him to listen in on others without them knowing. Louis, if you're somehow still listening to this...I'm disappointed in you. You said you destroyed the bug. You clearly didn't."

***


Edith: "I am disgusted. Mrs. Vox, as the housewife, why are you not cleaning up the house?"


Peggy: "It's not my house. Everyone here is old enough to clean up after themselves."
Edgar: "Some of us are really, really old."


Edgar: "Hey Ulrich. I wanna apologise. Peggy told me you lied about what you saw in the mission to get an exemption. You clearly didn't get it. Nobody did."


Peggy: "Thanks a lot Edgar. It's true I told Edgar that. But you can't blame me. The whole thing sounded strange, and usually the elimination-style missions promise some sort of reward, like an exemption."


Sierra: "Why the hell would you think Ulrich lied? If he did lie it would be so obvious to prove it was a lie."
Ulrich: "It's okay, Sierra."


Ulrich: "I forgive you. It is strange that there's no exemption involved."
Sierra: "You are too kind for your own good."


Peggy: "Care to tell us what you really saw down there?"


"Ulrich, please head to the confessional area."
Edgar: "Oh, I wonder what's going on."
Peggy: "Hmm, maybe I was right all along..."
Sierra: "Do not accuse Ulrich of things he did not do."

*
*
*


"Ulrich, your latest results on the quiz have been accessed by Benedict."
Ulrich: "Nej!"
"You have the chance to look at his results too without his knowledge for free. Will you do it?"
Ulrich: "Nej. There is no such thing as a free lunch. I do not believe it is that simple. I decline."

*
*
*


Tyler: "I feel like a loner, an outcast."


Tyler: "I hope nobody sees me eating and thinks I'm weird for avoiding the group."


Tyler: "Some days I just want to be alone. All this Smole business saps me of my energy."


Tyler: "I can't get too close to any of them because I know we won't meet up after this ends. That's a painful thought."


Tyler: "Furthermore, one of them is the Mole. If I become friends with the Mole...it's hard to reconcile a friend as someone who lied to you for weeks straight."

***


Peggy: "Louis, Sandra and agreed to share information and what we knew and saw but could not agree on a suspect. Hence, we decided to pick different suspects and that was how our coalition operated. I know Louis suspected Sierra mainly. I believe she then isn't the Mole, unless Louis lied or his backup suspect was the reason for his execution."

***


Sierra: "Peggy tried to confuse Edgar but Edgar did not pass it down. Instead, it was Benedict who told me to be wary of Ulrich. I know who Ulrich suspected. It was the trio who were executed together. They have been his suspects the whole time. That to me is very strange. How did he survive? Is he the Mole? I am beginning to have doubts, but I also made it here without suspecting him. I think I will trust myself."

***

It is time for the quiz.



Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: How many university degrees does the Mole have?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 2
D: 3


Q3: Has the Mole ever been wed?
A: Yes
B: No


Q4: In Mission 6, who did the Mole face off in the first round?
A: Edgar Ellin, Benedict Foreman and Edith Wickham
B: Ulrich Zimmer
C: Edith Wickham
D: Tyler Jackson, Sandra Rius and Ulrich Zimmer
E: Benedict Foreman
F: Sierra Das Auto and Ulrich Zimmer
G: Peggy Vox and Edith Wickham
H: Sandra Rius


Q5: Did the Mole's light turn on at least once in Mission 6?
A: Yes
B: No


Q6: Did the Mole win a round in Mission 6?
A: Yes
B: No


Q7: In the last round in Mission 6, who first faced off against the Mole?
A: Tyler Jackson
B: Edith Wickham
C: Sandra Rius
D: Sierra Das Auto
E: Ulrich Zimmer
F: Benedict Foreman
G: Peggy Vox
H: Edgar Ellin


Q8: In Mission 6, who did the Mole think would win?
A: Ulrich Zimmer
B: Peggy Vox
C: The Mole did not make it that far
D: The Mole chose to review someone's quiz results


Q9: In Mission 6, did the Mole enter the first door or second door at the very end?
A: First
B: Second
C: The Mole did not make it to the end

Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Tyler Jackson
B: Sandra Rius
C: Sierra Das Auto
D: Peggy Vox
E: Benedict Foreman
F: Edgar Ellin
G: Ulrich Zimmer
H: Edith Wickham

*
*
*


"Another night, another execution ceremony. Edgar, Sandra, before we begin, there is something you must know."


"This is a double execution ceremony."
Sandra: "What? You have to be kidding me."
Edgar: "Uh...again?"


"Edgar Ellin, the time you took for your last quiz was 3 minutes and 24 seconds."
Edgar: "Are they running behind schedule or something? Why so many hurried executions?"
























































































































































































































































































































































"Edgar Ellin, you are safe."
Edgar: "Oh, I'm safe. That's good news."


Edgar: "Uhh, guys. We have a double execution right now. Also, Peggy, you're up."


Edgar: "Why are you holding a glass of water?"
Peggy: "To calm my nerves."


"Sandra Rius, your time was 5 minutes and 45 seconds."
Sandra: "Oh dear. I think that's my longest time yet. I hope that doesn't do me in."
"Will it? Sandra Rius, you..."












































































































































































































































































































































"...are safe."
Sandra: "Phew!"


"Peggy Vox, you took 5 minutes and 39 seconds. Because of that..."





























































































































































































































































































































































"...you are safe."
Peggy: "Oh my goodness, I need another sip."


"Ulrich Zimmer, please step to the lotus."


"Edith Wickham, you took 5 minutes and 50 seconds. Edith Wickham, you are not..."
















































































































































































































































































































































































"...executed tonight."
Edith: "I begin to appreciate the colour green."


"Benedict Foreman, please step to the lotus."


"Ulrich Zimmer, you took 4 minutes and 26 seconds. However..."
Ulrich: "That does not sound good."












































































































































































































































































































































"...you are safe."
Ulrich: "Ja? Ja! What a relief."


Tyler: "Oh no. One of us will definitely be leaving."
Sierra: "I can see that."


"Sierra Das Auto, please step to the lotus."


"Benedict Foreman, you took 4 minutes and 39 seconds. You..."












































































































































































































































































































"...are executed. Please pack your bags and leave."
Benedict: "Fuck!"


Benedict: "I thought I had it, but then these past few days have shown me that I'm really confused about who the Mole is. I also just lost my babe Hailey, so I didn't have the energy or mood to focus on the quiz and that affected my performance. Good one, Mole. You sure got me."

***



Benedict: "I wear singlets because it's cooler, not to show off my bod or anything. I'm into real fitness, not vanity."

***


Benedict: "I've got to see it for myself to believe Ulrich."

***


Benedict: "I'll take a look at his result. The notice said this was the last round and was worth 20 points so I'm not losing too much compared to him."

***



"Thank you for joining, Benedict."


"Tyler Jackson, please step to the lotus."


"Sierra Das Auto, Tyler Jackson, one of you will be joining Benedict and the other will be joining the rest. Sierra, your time was 6 minutes and 35 seconds. Tyler, yours was 4 minutes and 1 second."
Tyler: "It's going to be me, isn't it? I can just feel it. I just don't have a good feeling about this one."
"The one leaving tonight is..."



































































































































































































































































































































"Tyler Jackson. Sierra Das Auto, you are safe."
Tyler: "Gasp!"


Tyler: "I just knew this was coming to me. The moment Benedict was executed I knew I was dead. I'm just not good at this game. It's so much easier and less stressful to just watch the Smole. I had a list but my top suspects kept getting executed and this mission, you really had to go around asking what happened to get information. Usually I rely on listening to conversations around me, but this time I didn't catch much which didn't help. I know I should have opened my mouth but I just don't like talking, period. Sigh. I guess this is it for me. Goodbye guys. I hope you can triumph over the Mole."

***


Edith: "How am I supposed to climb down the ladder? Did they not think about me when building the ship?"
Tyler: "Actually, Mrs. Wickham, I don't think they knew of your existence."
Edith: "Shut up boy. If I wanted your opinion I would have asked for it."

***


Tyler: "There has to be some kind of pattern to the lights. I don't believe that the same light in the same room will turn on two times in a row."

***


Tyler: "Probability just hates me."

***


"Thank you for joining, Tyler."




Two more contestants bite the dust. Neither Benedict nor Tyler is the Mole. If they aren't the Mole, who is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!