Tuesday 13 August 2019

46.11-Cars are not food


Previously on the Smole, the contestants were randomly selected to complete various tasks and had to be the best in order to continue to run for the exemption. Tyler was the one who received it in the end and 60/100 points were earned to make it 220/650 points. The triple execution that Sandra had in the first episode was triggered, causing Louis, Hailey and Svetlana to be executed. The house is suddenly emptier with only 8 left and contestants are halfway through the season. Which of them will make it all the way?


***


Edith: "It turns out that Ms. Charleston was just an extremely disagreeable woman with a horrible attitude. And here I was making excuses for her by thinking she could be the dastardly Mole. Hmph. At least she's no longer around and it gives me clarity of thought. The Mole is clearly the one of the other two disagreeable women: Mrs. Vox or Ms. Das Auto. Given that I am one of the slowest quiz-takers here, I am not here because of some lucky tie."

***


Tyler: "I don't know why I even signed up for a reality show. Reality shows are not my thing but in some foolish, stressed-out moment I decided to apply for the show. I don't know how I made it so far but I think it's incredibly dumb luck, especially with getting that exemption right when there was a triple execution. I think I need a coalition. Preferably a coalition of three in case one of them is the Mole, but I have to find the right guys to form one...and I have to find them. It's not easy for me to just walk up to them and ask to work together. It's so awkward. I haven't exactly been close to anyone in the season."

***


Peggy: "I'm only sharing this with you because I can't solve it and I think you can help."
Sandra: "Hailey had this clue for so long and she didn't tell anyone? She said she had an empty box."

Peggy: "She told a few others who I assume spread it. Svetlana was the one who told me about it although we don't know how true this is."


Sandra: "Assuming it's true, it's going to be hard to even find a place to start. It could be anything. If the link was that everyone was under 1.85m, Ulrich is our Mole. If the link is that every contestant is under 50 then it's Edith."


Peggy: "I was considering a few options. For example, everyone can be linked to Europe in some way. Or everyone has a degree but the Mole. It's getting harder to confirm this when there are fewer of us left."


Sandra: "What if we looked at it from the other side instead? We know all executed contestants cannot be the Mole, so maybe we should try a link among all of them instead."


*
*
*


Benedict: "So this is what Louis meant when he said there were consequences. I just made Hailey my girlfriend and she's executed. If I'd known I wouldn't have made it official so quickly."


Benedict: "Come on, man. Get your act together. Are you really going to cry over a woman? Is she that worth it?"


Benedict: "Yes, yes she is! My babe...and now I can't wish for her to come back because Louis left too. If only the damn tissue was worth more than one wish at a time, and you could make multiple wishes concurrently, but no, some weird wish rule dictates that one tissue box must be emptied before another wish can be made."



Benedict: "Alright, it's on. I'm gonna win this for my babe and bring home the prize money. She'll swoon and love me even more."

*
*
*



Edith: "Are you that cheap? We need to invest in better beds. My back is sore from sleeping in the bed. What if my joints become inflamed? Are you going to pay for my healthcare?"


Edith: "Ugh, you're just a useless cameraman who knows nothing. Why do I even bother asking you?"

*
*
*


Edgar: "WOO! This is my dream car."
Edith: "Watch the road! Do you want to get us killed?"


Benedict: "Man, this place is beautiful. I should come here more often for holidays."
Peggy: "You better look like a local. I heard the residents here aren't taking too kindly to the infestation of tourists."


Ulrich: "This is a, how do you say, sweet ride?"
Sierra: "'Sweet' is an adjective used to describe food. Cars are not food."


For their next mission, contestants will be visiting a shipwrecked...well, ship. It's been partially restored but holds a key part of Barnacle Bay's history. Today, contestants will enter the ship. They have been randomly paired up. Each of them will stand under a light. If that light turns on, the one under it will proceed downwards, exploring more of the ship. The ultimate winner will get 30 points to put on someone who he or she thinks will win. If that contestant makes it to the finale, 15 points are earned, and if he or she actually wins as predicted, all 30 points would be earned.

***


Ulrich: "We get to visit an actual pirate ship. This is beyond what words can describe. I have never been so close, or even inside a pirate ship before. Being so close to history fuels me with a lot of inspiration. The mission itself was a game of luck and luck is something I have."

***


Edgar and Ulrich are a pair.


Tyler and Edith face off.


Either Benedict or Sierra can progress, but not both.


Whose light will turn on: Sandra's or Peggy's?


Ulrich: "I am the favoured one."


Edith: "Great for you, I guess."


Ulrich: "They say wisdom makes a great man. Well, no wisdom is needed here at all."


Edith: "How am I supposed to climb down the ladder? Did they not think about me when building the ship?"
Tyler: "Actually, Mrs. Wickham, I don't think they knew of your existence."
Edith: "Shut up boy. If I wanted your opinion I would have asked for it."


Peggy: "Congrats."


Benedict: "Aw yeah."


Ulrich: "The ceilings aren't very high. I hope I don't hit my head."


Sandra: "Down I go."


Benedict: "It's really cramped in here."


Edith: "This is ridiculous."


Edith: "The ladder is so rickety and unsafe. Someone contact an architect."


Benedict: "Who's my next rival?"


Sandra: "Mrs. Wickham, you're walking into a wall."
Edith: "Darn the bad lighting here."


Benedict: "Hey, can we swap? I want that light over there. I've got a good feeling about it."
Ulrich: "Of course."


Benedict: "Thanks man, you're the best."
Ulrich: "For letting you choose your light? That does not make me the best. This is only our guiding principle at Uzos, to let customers choose."


Which man will go lower?


Which woman will stay put?


Benedict: "Dammit. Should have went for the other one."


Edith: "Naturally I would be picked."


Benedict: "Tell me what's on the flipside."
Ulrich: "The underside of the ship? I don't understand your request."


Edith: "I'm not even properly dressed to climb ladders. If I fall you are taking full responsibility, producers."


Edith: "My hands hurt. Where are the medics?"
Ulrich: "Mrs. Wickham."


Edith: "Oh, it is you, Mr. Zimmer."
Ulrich: "Ladies first. Take your pick."


Edith: "Out of everyone here, you are the most well-mannered man. Your parents raised you well. No wonder you are so successful"
Ulrich: "Thank you Mrs. Wickham."


Edith: "They say a child can only be as successful as his parents. It is very true on you."
Ulrich: "Is that a compliment?"
Edith: "You need to brush up on your language skills, young man. And stop looking down on me. That is rather rude."


Edith: "Who turned off the lights? How am I supposed to see? What if I bump into something?"
Ulrich: "Just stay put, Mrs. Wickham."


Ulrich: "Oh. Lucky me."


Edith: "You cheated, didn't you? You're so tall you can just turn on the lights yourself. I am sorely disappointed in you."


Ulrich: "I didn't cheat, Mrs. Wickham. I'm just bright."


"Ulrich, please head through that door. Edith, please climb back up to the top."
Edith: "What? Are you kidding me right now?"


Ulrich: "What is that at the end of the corridor?"


Ulrich: "I can look at the cumulative score of a contestant of my choice if I enter the room further from me. However, I lose the 30 points in my hand immediately."


Ulrich: "Hmm, this is a tempting offer."


Ulrich: "I have made my choice."


Ulrich: "I believe in myself. Now, who to pick as the winner?"


Ulrich: "Myself, of course."

*
*
*


Sandra: "I didn't realise there was a second round."
Benedict: "Nor did I."


Edgar: "Just wonderful. I'm up against you."
Edith: "Show your face when you talk."
Edgar: "I am. You're just too blind to see past yourself."
Edith: "Who is this scoundrel?"


Ulrich: "I made it to the end. I could either play normally and put 30 points on a winner or use the 30 points to look at someone's score. I chose to put the points on myself."
Sierra: "I see. Interesting. I want to go down for myself too."
Ulrich: "So do I. It depends on luck."


Tyler: "I used to be able to see better in the dark but my vision has been worsening lately. My mother says it's because I stare at the computer too much and don't eat enough vegetables."
Peggy: "Listen to your mother. She's right."


Benedict: "Aw man."


Edith: "So you're the coward who won't face me."


Edgar: "Shit."


Edgar: "Err, no I wasn't?"


Edith: "Don't you dare run away. I'm going to give you a beating."
Edgar: "Watch where you swing that cane."


Edith: "Oh, so now you're scared?"


Sierra: "Nein!"


Tyler: "I never did have much luck."


Ulrich: "Sandra, if you are the one who makes it down and to the end, immediately enter the first door. If you read the notice at the end of the corridor you will lose 30 points."


Sandra: "What? Thanks for telling me."


Ulrich: "Also, I would vote for myself to win. I am confident of my suspect so I think you should do the same."


Sandra: "Voting for yourself is a smart choice but we'll see if I think you'll end up winning."

***


Ulrich: "I didn't want anyone to sacrifice the points. More importantly, I did not want anyone to get an advantage over anyone else by peeking into another contestant's scores. That is why I lied to Sandra. However, I told Sierra the truth because she is my coalition partner. And I don't want to see what happens if she realises I lied to her."

***


Edith: "You better let me choose. I have the right to choose first."


Peggy: "You can see me?"
Edith: "You're standing right in front of me. I may be old but I'm not blind. Did you leave your brain and manners at home?"


Sandra: "I'm down to the final stage. I'll think about what you said, Ulrich."
Ulrich: "Remember, everything around you is a trap. Head to the first door on the left immediately if you win."


Edith: "Mrs. Vox, how dare you take my place."
Peggy: "Me? You wanted that spot. I gave it to you."
Edith: "You are a snake. You tried to manipulate me."
Peggy: "What? How did I manipulate you? All I did was let you pick."
Edith: "You vindictive asshole. Anyone who marries you will die an early death."
Peggy: "I'm not going to entertain you any more. I have somewhere to be."


Peggy: "Good riddance to her. How dare she insult my husband. Sandra, is that you?"


Sandra: "Peggy, it's down to you and me."


Sandra: "We may be working together but not this time."
Peggy: "I pick that one there."


Sandra: "Wait, before you go, there's something you need to know."


Sandra: "Whoever wins and walks through that door must enter the first door on the left. Otherwise you'll lose the 30 points."


Peggy: "How do you know?"
Sandra: "Ulrich told me. I think he lost 30 points."


Peggy: "That sounds fishy to me. I bet what he actually had was an exemption but if someone else goes through the other door he'll have competition for the exemption. That's why he doesn't want you to enter the other room."
Sandra: "That...makes a lot of sense."


Peggy: "You didn't believe him, did you?"


Sandra: "Tricking us is something the Smole would do..."


Peggy: "What are you going to do?"
Sandra: "I don't know. I'll decide when it comes to it."


Peggy: "Don't be stupid, Sandra. Exemptions are everything. A triple execution already occurred. What if they pull something like that again?"


Sandra: "Surely they wouldn't do it again."
Peggy: "You never know. It's your call but if I won I would definitely be fighting with Ulrich for the exemption even if it cost 30 points."


Sandra: "I know what to do. You wanted that light, right?"


Sandra: "Oh!"


Sandra: "It's me!"


Peggy: "Remember that everyone is ultimately playing for themselves, Sandra. If you don't play hard you'll lose."


Sandra: "There's the first door."


Sandra: "I'm going in. I can't just throw away 30 points like that, not when our pot is pathetic enough. If Ulrich lied to me, I'll know, but he doesn't seem to be that kind of contestant."


Sandra: "The photos. Who do I vote for?"


Sandra: "I'll vote for my Mole. That guarantees 15 points at least."


Sandra: "I can't deny I'm curious to know what are in the other rooms."

*
*
*


Tyler: "There has to be some kind of pattern to the lights. I don't believe that the same light in the same room will turn on two times in a row."
Edith: "Speak up, young man. Are you talking to an ant?"


Sandra: "Sierra, at the very end you have to go through the first door you see. Otherwise 30 points will be lost."
Sierra: "I know. Ulrich told me."


Benedict: "It's you and me again."
Ulrich: "There is something important you must know. The one who goes in at the very end will have to enter the first door on the left immediately. Reading the notice at the end will cause you to lose 30 points."


Peggy: "There is an exemption for the winner."
Edgar: "Oh. Of course there is. It's the most Smole-y thing to do."
Peggy: "Ulrich is trying to keep it for himself. We can't just hand the exemption over to him for free. He wants everyone to avoid the second door so that he will be the sole recipient of the exemption."
Edgar: "I didn't realise he was so scheming. Thanks for telling me."


Benedict: "Yeah!"


Edgar: "Oh goody. Now I have a chance to get the exemption for myself."


Tyler: "Probability just hates me."
Edith: "Do they think it is funny for me to keep climbing up and down? Either I stay here or I stay down there. Don't make me move around so much."


Sandra: "You're through. I would suggest you vote for the Mole. That gives us the highest chance of getting something."
Sierra: "I don't need you to tell me what to do."

***


Sierra: "Sandra told me to vote for the Mole when we should be voting for the winner. Her reason was that we would get something, but choosing the Mole guarantees that 15 points are not in the pot. That is strange logic from Sandra."

***


Edith: "You again! Why do you keep disturbing my life?"
Edgar: "You can see me?"
Edith: "Of course I can, you nitwit. You must be blind to think I can't see a man standing right in front of my face."


Benedict: "Ulrich told me to enter the first door ASAP because otherwise we won't have any points at all."
Sierra: "I am aware. He told me that too."


Benedict: "But I don't buy that bull. It doesn't make sense for them to try and take the points from us when we're told to vote and don't have a guaranteed chance of getting those points. I think something is up. He's hiding something."


Sierra: "He will get it from me if that is true. Now stand backwards. I don't want to see that ugly chest hair you are showing off."
Benedict: "I'm not showing off anything."
Sierra: "But yet you wear a low singlet that shows off your chest hair, and you never wear sleeves to show off your muscles."


Benedict: "I wear singlets because it's cooler, not to show off my bod or anything. I'm into real fitness, not vanity."


Benedict: "Yeah! Just one more round and I'll have accomplished something!"


Edith: "It appears that even the higher-ups don't like you. They would rather choose me."


Edgar: "Don't trip and fall."
Edith: "Don't curse me."


Edith: "WHO AM I FACING OFF AGAINST? SPEAK."
Benedict: "It's me. Benedict."


Benedict: "Did you run into Ulrich?"
Edith: "Why does it matter to you?"
Benedict: "He's going around telling everyone to go straight for the first door. It's like he doesn't want us to see something. I think it's pretty weird."


Edith: "Are you saying I don't know who I can trust? It is beyond rude to gossip about others behind their back and slander them."


Edith: "Now move aside. I'm staying here. I don't have the energy to walk so far."


Benedict: "If your light turns on, do you think you can help me explore what's beyond that door and tell me what Ulrich is hiding?"
Edith: "I heard enough, young man. Are you a man or a woman? So talkative."


Edith: "Am I a joke to you?"


Edith: "I come so far just to lose out at the last moment again?"
Benedict: "Sucks to be you."


Benedict: "I've got to see it for myself to believe Ulrich."


Benedict: "Oh, I see. I can forsake the points to find out how well another player did."


Benedict: "I knew he was hiding something."


Benedict: "Why would he hide it though?"


Benedict: "Whose results should I look at?"


Benedict: "Ulrich must have found something out here. Maybe he saw his score and found out he's the highest. Or maybe he doesn't have a score at all because he's the Mole."


Benedict: "I'll take a look at his result. The notice said this was the last round and was worth 20 points so I'm not losing too much compared to him."

*
*
*


A total of 730 points could have been earned right now, but how much of it has actually been earned past the 220 they currently have?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!