Thursday 22 August 2019

46.15-Lazy bumnugget


Previously, the final 6 went for a run and had to observe their surroundings, answering questions based on that. 4 questions were correctly answered and the penalties incurred meant 70/120 points for the pot, which is currently at 290/850 points. Edgar could have received a bronze exemption but didn't and he was subsequently executed. Is it a curse to miss out on an exemption and then go home? Or is it all part of the Mole's plan? Four women and one man: who is the Mole?


***


Ulrich: "Edgar was one of my suspects. His execution is both good news and bad, because that is one less suspect to confuse me closer to the finale but also means I haven't been completely accurate. At least I know I have one question guaranteed on the quiz from now on."

***


Sierra: "This season has been confusing for me. I have a lot of suspects but the time is coming closer for me to choose only one. All the remaining contestants have done something suspicious or strange. Which of it is actually important? Which is actually sabotage? None of them seem to be a very good Mole but one of them surely must be it."

***


Ulrich: "Good morning Sierra."
Sierra: "What good morning?"


Sierra: "It is a bad morning!"


Ulrich: "Didn't sleep well?"


Sierra: "I am just very frustrated right now."

*
*
*


Sierra: "Do not take those leftovers. I am making fresh food."
Peggy: "It's fine. I warmed it up."


Peggy: "I don't want to let good food go to waste."


Sierra: "Rubbish! That is not good food!"


Sierra: "I told you to throw it away!"


Peggy: "Fine, fine, I'll stop eating it. What got under your skin today?"


Sierra: "I should not have done that. I am sure Peggy will understand I am just frustrated."


Sierra: "WHERE DID MY PANCAKES GO?"

*
*
*


Sierra: "I better be getting an exemption because I deserve it."


Peggy: "You're not scared of driving? You know, after what happened to your parents?"
Sandra: "I'm confident of my driving skills. The problem is not with drivers; it's with reckless drivers. If there's one thing the street racers taught me, it's how not to drive."


Ulrich: "Why do you not want me to drive that car, Mrs. Wickham?"
Edith: "That is a small car that goes at an insane speed. Unless you want me to die I would stick to the taxi."
Ulrich: "Do you have money?"
Edith: "Excuse me? The audacity of you to ask me for money! Be a gentleman and pay for us. You are an entrepreneur. Do not be so stingy."

"Contestants, you will be playing a game of Liar's Dice, a dice game popularised by the movie Pirates of the Caribbean."


"Based on your total time spent on quizzes, you have been sorted into one of the five levels. Each level has a different number of dice. The dice have been pre-rolled for you for the first round, and the value will be the one face-up."


"Starting from Ulrich, you will take turns bidding a value. The lowest bid you can go is 1 dice of value 1. This means you think that in total, there is at least 1 dice of face-value 1. The contestant above can either bid a higher number or challenge the previous bid. If you choose to bid, you must either raise the number of dice or the face value of the dice, or both. If the previous bid was 2 dice of 3, your bid cannot be 1 die, nor can it be 2 dice of 3, 2 dice of 2 or 2 dice of 1."


"If you choose to challenge, everyone's dice will be revealed. If the bid was 2 dice of 3 and you challenge it, and there are at least 2 dice of 3, you lose one die. If there are lesser than 2 dice of 3, the previous bidder loses a die. Whoever is out of dice will be eliminated from the mission. The last one standing gets an exemption."


"One more thing: you will be playing against the Mole. If you can make the Mole lose all of his or her dice, you earn 100 points. To shake things up even more, each of you can steal one dice from the contestant above you, so instead of the previous bidder losing a die, it goes to you instead. You may communicate with each other but you must stay within your own level. Good luck."


"Ulrich, you may begin bidding."
Ulrich: "...2 dice of 2."


Sandra: "Hmm...2 dice of 3."


Sierra: "4 dice of 3."


Peggy: "Let me think...4 dice of 4."


Edith: "5 dice of 4."


Ulrich: "Liar."

Edith: "Mr. Zimmer, the nerve of you to call me a liar! I was wrong about you."
"It is time to reveal the dice. Please look out the window."


Peggy: "Wow, that is a lot of 6s."
Ulrich: "Now we know how many dice there are in total."


"There are exactly 5 dice with face-value 4. In this version, this means Ulrich loses a die. Because Ulrich is on the highest level, everyone else can steal a die from him."


Edith: "I am not a thief."


Peggy: "I'll steal."


Sierra: "I trust Ulrich. I will not take his dice."


Sandra: "I feel more secure having it. I will steal."


"Ulrich, you have lost one die to Peggy, who was the fastest to steal the die from you."
Ulrich: "I am not surprised someone would try and take my dice."


Peggy: "Yes! I have another die!"


"Edith, as the winner of the previous round, you will start off the next round with a bid."
Edith: "A 1."


Ulrich: "Should we discuss which dice we have?"


Peggy: "We all want the exemption."


Ulrich: "Yes but our first priority should be to beat the Mole. Once we beat the Mole we can battle each other."


Sandra: "Ulrich, the Mole is listening to us as well. Being so open will give the Mole too much information."


Ulrich: "We do not have many chances to work together. If we don't do it now, we would have lost to the Mole already with our pot."


Sandra: "Perhaps we can advise each other on our bids."


Ulrich: "That works as well. I am thinking of raising it to 1 die with 6. Any advice?"
Sandra: "It's a safe bet. Do it."
Ulrich: "One die of 6."


Sandra: "2 dice of 5."


Sierra: "2 dice of 6."


Peggy: "Liar."


Ulrich: "I would be careful if I were you. Sandra has good luck with 6s. Look at her previous roll."


"There are exactly 2 6s. Peggy will lose a die. Edith is the only one who can steal the die from her."


Ulrich: "Mrs. Wickham, I highly recommend you do it. Right now at 2 dice you are very disadvantaged."


Edith: "That is true. I shall steal."


"Edith has stolen Peggy's die."
Peggy: "It's going to be harder for me to take that exemption now."


Peggy: "Do you guys realise that Mrs. Wickham is going to win and take home the exemption? She is the only one who can steal from the rest of us and the only one who we can't steal from. There is no incentive to help the one below us."


Edith: "You want to steal from an old lay? You are a petty and immoral woman!"


"Sierra, you may start off the next round with a bid."
Sierra: "2 dice with 4."


Peggy: "Hmm...how many of you have 4s? You don't have to tell me how many you have."


Ulrich: "I have at least one 4."


Peggy: "Nobody else? Okay then. 3 dice of 4."


Edith: "Are you trying to force Ulrich to call me a liar again? You devious woman. I will not fall for your trap. 4 dice of 1."


Sandra: "I have two 1s."


Ulrich: "Mrs. Wickham, I am sorry to have to call you a liar again."


Edith: "Are you ganging up against me? Has she bewitched you?"


"There are only two dice with face value 1. Edith has lost a die."


"Sandra, please give the starting bid."
Sandra: "I have a 6. I will start with one dice of 6."

Sierra: "You have been very lucky. I believe you. 2 dice of 2."


Peggy: "2 dice of 4."


Edith: "Liar! Only because you forced Mr. Zimmer to call me a liar."


"There are 4 dice with face value 4. Edith, you have lost a die."


Edith: "Ugh! She tricked me!"


Edith: "I was always at a disadvantage because I had the fewest dice. It's not an even playing field."


Peggy: "I actually agree with you, Mrs. Wickham. There are two of us with 5 dice."


Ulrich: "We shouldn't forget that some of us haven't lost a single dice yet."
Sandra: "Way to throw me under the bus."


Sandra: "We need to work together, not against one another."


Sierra: "But one of us is already working against us from the start. We just need to know who."


"Peggy, please give your starting bid."
Peggy: "Let me give it some thought. We shall start with 2 6s."


Ulrich: "Mrs. Wickham, I recommend you raise the bid."


Edith: "I don't need to teach me what to do, you traitor. Mrs. Vox, you are a filthy liar. Also, a temptress, a lazy bumnugget..."


Peggy: "Are you here to play a game or are you here to insult me?"


"There are exactly 2 6s. Edith, you have lost all your dice. You are eliminated from the mission."


Edith: "This was a stupid game to begin with. Which nincompoop came up with this idea?"


Sierra: "She was a horrible player."


Sierra: "The other four will not last much longer with me around."


"Peggy, please start off the next round with a bid."
Peggy: "2 6s."

Ulrich: "Do you think this is worth calling out a lie?"


Sandra: "No. Definitely not."


Ulrich: "Okay. I will continue bidding. 4 6s."


Sandra: "5 3s."


Sierra: "I admit you are not bad. I do not know whether to say you are lying."


Sandra: "Don't. We are working together, remember?"


Peggy: "No we're not. We are working alone. Don't undermine the spirit of the game. We climbed up to 4 6s before Sandra changed. She is not confident of there being 5 6s but she thinks there are 4. She must have one or two 3s to call out 5 3s. I won't say how many I have but I think she is bluffing, probability-wise."


Sierra: "I think it is too dangerous. 5 4s."


Ulrich: "Sierra, you should not have raised the bid further. But it is too late."


Peggy: "Sierra, I think you are lying."


"There are only 4 dice with face value 4. Sierra has lost a die."

Peggy: "Fortunately Edith is gone. I haven't stolen from you yet, right? Then I'll do it."
"Peggy has stolen a die from Sierra."


"Peggy, you can start off the next bid."
Peggy: "1 die of 6."


Ulrich: "Peggy, you are good. 2 dice of 6."


Sandra: "I'm going to lay it on the table I have 3 6s. I will go with 4 dice of 6."


Peggy: "I find that hard to believe."


Sierra: "Sandra is very lucky. Remember that her first roll had 3 6s too. I will bid 5 dice of 6."


Peggy: "Shit. I have to go to 6 dice. 6 dice of 1."


Ulrich: "6 dice of 2."


Sandra: "Liar."


Peggy: "I knew it! I knew you didn't have so many 6s."
Sandra: "But yet you didn't call a lie."


"There are only 3 dice of 2. Ulrich has lost a die. Peggy has already stolen from Ulrich so she cannot steal from him again. Sandra and Sierra can steal from him."


Sierra: "I do not need a pity dice. I can win this without extra dice."


Sandra: "Taking the die will make me a target. Sierra and Peggy will try to steal from me. I think it's better that I don't take it and it is out of the game. I still have the most dice currently."


***


Sandra: "I am surprised that Ulrich didn't call out Peggy's lie. He had the perfect chance to. We have managed to trap Peggy into raising the bid. I admit that she is one of my suspects, so I wanted to eliminate all my suspects from the mission to ensure 100 points are earned. We lost a good opportunity."

***


"Sandra, please give a starting bid."
"2 4s."


Sierra: "2 5s."


Peggy: "I think you're lying."


"There are 3 5s. Peggy has lost a die."


Peggy: "Damn it! I was too anxious."


Peggy: "At least nobody gets to benefit from it."


Sandra: "Sierra, I suggest you start slow."
Sierra: "I will start with a 2."


Peggy: "3 2s."


Ulrich: "What do you think? Are there more than 3 dice with 2 on it?"


Sandra: "Yes, I believe so."


Peggy: "You can raise as many 2s as you want. I can counter it."


Ulrich: "5 2s."


Sandra: "I think Peggy tried to bluff you. I have to call you a liar, Ulrich."


"There are only 4 2s. Ulrich, you have lost another die."


Sierra: "I said I will not steal and I mean it."
Sandra: "I'm not taking it."
Ulrich: "I'm surprised none of them want it."
Peggy: "It's almost like nobody else is playing for the exemption."


"Sandra, give a bid."
Sandra: "2 1s."


Sierra: "Something needs to be done about Sandra. She cannot have so many dice."


Peggy: "Agreed. We need to take away a few of her dice. The way I see it, she only has one dice with 1 on it. If you have 1s, I think you should raise the bid."


Sierra: "I will raise to 3 1s."


Peggy: "3 4s."


Ulrich: "I think you are lying, Peggy."


"There are only 2 4s. Peggy has lost a die."


"Ulrich, start with a bid."
Ulrich: "One 1."


Sandra: "That's so conservative. 2 1s."


Sierra: "3 1s."


Peggy: "If we want to force Sandra to lose a die, I'll go with 3 3s."


Ulrich: "How many of you have 3s?"


Sierra: "I do not have any."


Sandra: "I have one. I say go for it."


Ulrich: "Alright. Peggy is lying."


"There are exactly 3 dice with face value 3. Ulrich has lost a die."


Sandra: "Oh whatever. I'm already a target. I'll steal it."


"Sandra has stolen Ulrich's die.
Sierra: "Sandra!"


Sierra: "How could you lie? You did not take his dice for two turns and then suddenly you take it? You do not need so many dice."
Sandra: "I understand you're upset but Ulrich keeps losing his dice. I have to take it so that I can make a more informed decision."


Sierra: "Bullshit."


Peggy: "Why didn't you trust me, Ulrich? We should be working together to remove Sandra's dice but instead we're giving it to her. I propose we don't harm each other until we get rid of Sandra. Hence I will begin with a dice of 6."


Ulrich: "2 dice of 1."


Sandra: "Are you all turning against me now? Fine. 4 dice of 1."


Peggy: "I don't believe she has so many 1s."
Ulrich: "I have a one. All she needs is 3 which is very possible."
Sierra: "It is risky. 4 dice of 2."


Ulrich: "4 dice of 3."

Sandra: "Liar."


"There is only one die with a face value of 3. Ulrich has lost a die."


Ulrich: "Sierra, I suggest you take it. That way you can preserve yourself longer."


Sierra: "Stop asking me to steal your dice! I will not!"


"Sandra, what is your starting bid?"
Sandra: "I will tell you guys that my total sum adds up to 20. I will begin with 2 3s."


Sierra: "That leaves with 14. What are the possibilities?"


Peggy: "We'll work it out. Meanwhile you just come up with another bid."
Sierra: "3 3s."


Peggy: "4 1s."

Ulrich: "I cannot make a decision until the rest of you help me."


Peggy: "All my dice are 1s."
Sierra: "I also have a 1."


Sandra: "Sorry bud. Can't help you there. No matter what you call you'll have a high chance of losing."



Ulrich: "That is what you think. 5 1s. Will you call me a liar?"


Sandra: "Hmm...I'll let you stay in the game a while longer. 5 3s."


Sierra: "Argh! This is too hard. No matter what I raise it'll be very hard. 6 3s."


Peggy: "Liar. I have to call you out, otherwise Sandra will call us out."


"There are only 4 dice with face value 3. Sierra has lost a die."


Peggy: "I bid 2 6s."
Ulrich: "I bid 3 2s."
Sandra: "I bid 4 2s."
Sierra: "I bid 4 4s."
Peggy: "I bid 4 5s."


Ulrich: "I bid 5 5s."


Sandra: "I bid 6 5s."


Ulrich: "It is almost impossible for her to have that. She is lying."

Sierra: "Sandra, you are lying."


"There are only 4 dice with face value 5. Sandra has lost a die."


Peggy: "I'm stealing it."
"Peggy has stolen Sandra's die."


Sierra: "I will start with a dice with 6."
Peggy: "2 6s."
Ulrich: "3 6s."
Sandra: "Liar."


"There are only 2 dice with face value 6. Ulrich has lost all his dice."


Ulrich: "Sierra, you must take my die. It is your last chance."


Sierra: "Grr...fine, I will take it."
"Sierra has stolen Ulrich's die."


Sandra: "2 1s."
Sierra: "3 3s."
Peggy: "Liar."


"There is only one die with face value 3. Sierra has lost a die."


Sandra: "Sierra, work with me. We can eliminate Peggy. Sorry Peggy. This comes first."


Peggy: "Sierra, don't listen to her. If we work together we can stand a chance to beat Sandra and then it'll be a fairer fight. If you help her you're doing yourself a disservice."


Sierra: "I will work with nobody!"


"Peggy, give a starting bid."
Peggy: "2 1s."
Sandra: "2 2s."
Sierra: "3 2s."
Peggy: "Liar."


"There are 4 dice with face value 2. Peggy has lost a die."


Sierra: "A 1."
Peggy: " 1 2."
Sandra: "2 2s."
Sierra: "2 3s."
Peggy: "2 4s."
Sandra: "2 5s."
Sierra: "2 6s."
Peggy: "3 6s."
Sandra: "4 6s."
Sierra: "Liar."


"There is only one die with face value 6. Sandra has lost a die."
Sandra: "I thought I could fool you."


Sierra: "I will take your die."
"Sierra has stolen Sandra's die."


Sierra: "2 6s."
Peggy: "I have to call you a liar. Raising this is far too dangerous."


"There are exactly 2 dice with face value 6. Peggy has lost a die."


Peggy: "Shit. Only one die left to play with. I have to be smart about this if I want to win."


Sierra: "1 6."
Peggy: "2 6s."
Sandra: "3 6s."
Sierra: "I think you are lying, Sandra."
Sandra: "But I'm not. Don't you know when to trust me?"


"There are exactly 3 dice with face value 6. Sierra has lost a die."


Sandra: "3 5s."
Sierra: "Liar."


"There are 2 dice with a face value of 5. Sandra has lost a die."


Sierra: "A 3."
Peggy: "A 6."
Sandra: "2 6s."
Sierra: "Liar."


"There are exactly 2 dice with face value 6. Sierra has lost a die."


"Sandra, please begin bidding."
Sandra: "One dice with 2."
Sierra: "One dice with 3."
Peggy: "2 dice with 3."
Sandra: "Now's a good chance as ever. Sorry Peggy, but I think you are lying."


"There is exactly one die with face value 3. Peggy has lost all her dice."


Peggy: "No! I wanted to win."



Sandra: "Sierra, looks like it's down to the two of us."


Sierra: "I am still here with one dice. You will not be able to beat me."


"Sandra, please give a starting bid."
Sandra: "Two dice with a value of 1."


Sierra: "Two dice with a value of 3."


Sandra: "Liar. I'm going to win this. I have this in the bag."


"There is only one die with a face value of 3. Sierra has lost all her dice."


Sierra: "Nein...I was so close."


"Sandra, congratulations. You have earned yourself an exemption after a tireless game of Liar's Dice. You also get 100 points for the pot, assuming you're not the Mole yourself."
Sandra: "Yes! I did it."

The current pot will stay at 290 points for now out of a total 950 points until it is confirmed that Sandra is not the Mole. However, it is confirmed that Sandra will be part of the final 4. Who else will join her?

*
*
*

SUMMARY

Round 1:
Ulrich: 4, 3, 4, 2, 3, 1
Sandra: 6, 6, 4, 6, 6
Sierra: 3, 2, 5, 3
Peggy: 5, 4, 2
Edith: 3, 1

[Peggy has stolen from Ulrich. She cannot steal from him again.]

Round 2:
Edith: 1, 3
Ulrich: 5, 3, 5, 4, 4
Sandra: 5, 3, 6, 3, 6
Sierra: 4, 1, 1, 2
Peggy: 2, 5, 5, 3

[Edith has stolen from Peggy. She cannot steal from her again.]


Round 3:
Sierra: 6, 3, 4, 4
Peggy: 3, 3, 2
Edith: 2, 5, 3
Ulrich: 4, 6, 3, 3, 5
Sandra: 2, 6, 3, 1, 1


Round 4:
Ulrich: 6, 2, 5, 4, 1
Sandra: 5, 6, 4, 2, 5
Sierra: 5, 2, 5, 1
Peggy: 4, 4, 6
Edith: 6, 3

Round 5:
Peggy: 2, 6, 1
Edith: 3
Ulrich: 5, 3, 4, 3, 3
Sandra: 3, 2, 5, 2, 3
Sierra: 2, 1, 1, 6

Round 6:
Peggy: 6, 4, 1
Ulrich: 4, 2, 6, 6, 2
Sandra: 6, 5, 3, 3, 6
Sierra: 3, 2, 4, 4

[Peggy has stolen from Sierra. She cannot steal from her again.]

Round 7:
Peggy: 6, 2, 1, 4
Ulrich: 5, 2, 6, 3, 5
Sandra: 3, 4, 2, 4, 1
Sierra: 6, 4, 6

Round 8:
Sandra: 6, 1, 4, 4, 2
Sierra: 2, 5, 5
Peggy: 3, 1, 6, 6
Ulrich: 1, 1, 1, 5

Round 9:
Sierra: 6, 5, 2
Peggy: 2, 5, 1
Ulrich: 5, 4, 2, 1
Sandra: 6, 1, 1, 1, 2

Round 10:
Sandra: 1, 2, 4, 1, 5
Sierra: 2, 1, 6
Peggy: 4, 2, 6
Ulrich: 3, 3, 3

Round 11:
Ulrich: 3, 2, 5
Sandra: 1, 4, 6, 2, 1
Sierra: 3, 1, 2
Peggy: 5, 3

[Sandra has stolen from Ulrich. She cannot steal from him again.]

Round 12:
Peggy: 4, 5
Ulrich: 1, 2
Sandra: 3, 6, 1, 1, 4, 1
Sierra: 2, 1, 4

Round 13:
Sandra: 1, 4, 3, 4, 3, 5
Sierra: 3, 2, 1
Peggy: 1, 3
Ulrich: 5

Round 14:
Peggy: 5, 3
Ulrich: 2
Sandra: 5, 2, 2, 5, 4, 5
Sierra: 4, 1

[Peggy has stolen from Sandra. She cannot steal from her again.]

Round 15:
Sierra: 3, 6
Peggy: 6, 4, 5
Ulrich: 5
Sandra: 4, 2, 2, 4, 4

[Sierra has stolen from Ulrich. She cannot steal from him again.]

Round 16:
Sandra: 6, 1, 4, 2, 1
Sierra: 5, 4, 3
Peggy: 4, 6, 4

Round 17:
Peggy: 1, 3, 2
Sandra: 3, 2, 5, 2, 4
Sierra: 4, 2

Round 18:
Sierra: 3, 1
Peggy: 5, 2
Sandra: 2, 4, 6, 2, 5

[Sierra has stolen from Sandra. She cannot steal from her again.]

Round 19:
Sierra: 6, 4, 6
Peggy: 5, 5
Sandra: 4, 1, 5, 5

Round 20:
Sierra: 2, 6, 3
Peggy: 5
Sandra: 2, 6, 5, 6

Round 21:
Sandra: 1, 3, 5, 5
Sierra: 2, 1
Peggy: 1

Round 22:
Sierra: 4, 3
Peggy: 6
Sandra: 2, 6, 2

Round 23:
Sandra: 2, 5, 4
Sierra: 3
Peggy: 2

Round 24:
Sandra: 1, 1, 2
Sierra: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!