Friday 2 August 2019

46.07-Get set


Last time on the Smole, the contestants went to a silent disco party. 40/120 points were earned from the mission to make the pot  140/470 points. Megan was the next one to be executed which surprised many. Are any of them feigning surprise? Which one of them is the Mole?

***


Edgar: "Aw man. It sucks to see Megan go. I was hoping we could work together. I wanted to see what song she would write for me. She seems like a sweet girl. I wanted to get to know her better. I'm also partly flabbergasted because I have been suspecting her the whole time. To know she wasn't faking any of it...ouch, I hope she doesn't watch the season for her sake."

***


Edith: "I knew that good-for-nothing girl wouldn't make it. She didn't have what it takes. What demon possessed her to convince her to sign up for this show? The good thing is that I get the bed to myself, like I should have if these selfish competitors knew a thing or two about values."

***



Hailey: "Hey Ms. Traffic Cop."
Sandra: "Ms. Traffic Cop? Is that your name for me now?"


Hailey: "Do you have any other nicknames?"
Sandra: "Not that I know of."


Hailey: "Not that you know of? That's a pretty strange reply. Okay then, tell me what your favourite weather is."
Sandra: "Summer."


Hailey: "Favourite animal? Favourite flower?"
Sandra: "I like dolphins but I don't have a favourite flower. What is up with these weird questions?"
Hailey: "Just trying to get to know you better."


Sandra: "Uh-huh..."
Hailey: "You don't believe me? And here I thought we were about to have a connection."
Sandra: "You're not about to cry, are you? I believe you. Don't cry."

*
*
*


Edith: "Svetlana, just the woman I was looking for. Come, sit."
Svetlana: "Actually I was just popping in for a quick..."


Edith: "Are you deaf? I told you to sit."


Svetlana: "Anything the matter Ms. Wickham?"
Edith: "I have something to ask about you."


Edith: "You told me a bit about yourself. Is there anything more you're hiding from me?"
Svetlana: "Like if I'm the Mole? Well I'd hate to lie to you, Ms. Wickham, but...yes. Yes it's me."


Edith: "Do you take me for a fool? Only idiots will admit to their crimes. I want to know every single detail about you and don't you dare miss a single thing out."


Svetlana: "Wow, there's a lot to talk about. Why do you want to know?"
Edith: "Why are you asking so much? Your mouth can only do one thing at one time. I told you to use it to talk about yourself so you better jolly-well talk and not ask any stupid questions."


Svetlana: "I'm not obliged to answer your questions, Ms. Wickham."
Edith: "You defy me?"
Svetlana: "If I do not understand something I must make sure I do. That is what they teach me in school, Ms. Wickham."
Edith: "The education system is flawed. Too much mollycoddling that leads to children growing up to be leeches of society. Fine. I'll tell you. I know Ms. Charleston is keeping a clue to herself. She refuses to share what she knows."


Svetlana: "What is the clue about?"
Edith: "A common thread, if you will. Something that links 14 of us together, leaving out the Mole."


Svetlana: "That's huge. How do we go about finding out what the link is? Especially when some of the rest have already left the house."
Edith: "Stop asking me stupid questions. Use your brain for once."


Svetlana: "My brain is telling me that this is an insurmountable task unless we all work together and be honest. But that isn't going to happen. Not with the Mole around."


Svetlana: "Sorry Mrs. Wickham but I think this will just be a distraction. There's no point trying to figure it out."
Edith: "You don't get to tell me what to do. I decide for myself what is important."

*
*
*



Louis: "Here. Be careful."
Benedict: "It's just a box of tissues. How does it work exactly? I blow on one and then my wishes come true?"


Louis: "You make a wish before pulling a piece of tissue out. By the time the box is empty your wish will come true."
Benedict: "So each box is only worth one wish? Sounds like a scam, but hey, don't knock it till you try it, right?"


Benedict: "What happens if I pull all the tissues at once? Will my wish come true instantly?"
Louis: "Not always. They know when you're trying to game the system."


Benedict: "Who's they?"
Louis: "The wish granters, whoever...or whatever...they may be."


***


Peggy: "This mission required four pairs of rowers. We decided to divide the strength fairly so that each pair had one strong rower and one weak rower. Tyler, Sierra and Edith didn't want to row. We didn't know what to expect."

***


This mission required four pairs of rowers. These contestants must race in pairs. Along the way are the other four contestants, who will each have a task with them. Each pair can meet them and one contestant can swap positions with the one on land and do the mission. The points will only be earned if someone makes it to the end in 5 hours. The first two contestants make it to the end will get exemptions. This mission is worth 80 points. 


"On your marks, get set...go!"


Benedict: "This shall be an easy win."
Peggy: "Let's not get ahead of ourselves."


Maria: "I should not have listened to Sandra and Benedict. It was so obvious there would be a race. I would have paired it differently."


Edgar: "It's not so bad. Just enjoy the ride."
Maria: "I want to win the exemption. Do you not?"


Louis: "You're doing a great job. When you want to hand over tell me."


Hailey: "You can do it Sandra. I believe in you!"


Sandra: "Yikes! Sorry, I lost a bit of control with the boat."


Peggy: "Random question: are you a good swimmer?"
Benedict: "Sure am. Swimming was my extracurricular in school. I'm also trained as a lifeguard so don't worry if we go overboard."
Peggy: "I trust you Ben. Just push forward."


Maria: "This boat is hard to control."


Edgar: "You're making me dizzy."


Benedict: "Hey, Mrs. Wickham is there."
Peggy: "Don't stop."


Benedict: "Are you sure?"
Peggy: "Yes. I want the exemption. Keep rowing. Don't stop."


Benedict: "If you say so."


Contestants would first run into Edith. For 20 points contestants must get 7 "Triple 7"s within 5 hours. Only if someone makes it to the end in time will the points be earned.


Maria: "Why can't this thing go any faster?"


Edgar: "You're stressing yourself."
Maria: "Stress is motivation. This is something I should get an exemption in."


Sandra: "Edith is there. I think that's our first task."
Hailey: "Don't stop for anything. We must get that exemption. We can beat Ben and Peggy but we cannot lose our placing."


Edith: "Those millennials are so entitled, they won't give up their seats on the boat for me. Just as well. It's not like I want to be a victim of drowning or seasickness. I have a bone to pick with this task however. Gambling is bad. Are you producers trying to encourage gamblers?"


Edith: "And why does this God-forsaken place not have a chair or anything else? Does the Earth want me to die? Blasted Earth."


Edgar: "We're getting closer to Svetlana and Louis. We're doing really well."


Louis: "One, two, one, two..."


Edgar: "Edith is there."
Maria: "We will not get distracted."


Edgar: "I don't like Edith either but she has points to give us, I'm sure."


Maria: "If we stop we will definitely end up last. I will not take last place in a race."


Everyone decided to ignore the first task.


Svetlana: "Oh no. We're behind Maria and Edgar."
Louis: "Tell me if you want to swap."
Svetlana: "I'm good for now."


Benedict: "Ulrich is there. Shall we go take a look."
Peggy: "I don't care about them. We are first. We will not lose the lead. The others will do it."


Ulrich: "Ignored."


Sandra: "I need a break. Let's see what Ulrich is up to while we are here."


Ulrich: "Ladies, one of you must switch positions with me to do this task."


Sandra: "What?"
Hailey: "That means one of us has to give up on the exemption..."


Ulrich: "I'll tell you the task first. One of you must light a fire and then throw stones. There cannot be more than 20 seconds without a stone on water and the fire cannot be out. If this is done until someone reaches the finish line in time, 20 points can be earned."


Sandra: "I'll do it. I need a break."
Hailey: "I'll row. I'm buzzed from the excitement of a possible exemption."


Ulrich: "I'm not a good rower. My legs are too long."
Hailey: "I'm giving it my best shot. Repeat after me: we can do this."


Sandra: "I should stoke the fire and get it as big as I could."


Sandra: "That gives me more time to skip stones before the fire goes out."


Sandra: "This looks big enough."


Sandra: "No time to waste. I have to skip stones."


Sandra: "What was that technique Dad taught me again?"


Sandra: "I have to flick it, right?"


Sandra: "That didn't work."


Sandra: "I'm not giving up."


Sandra: "I won't disappoint you again, Dad."


Sandra: "It didn't go far enough."


Sandra: "I need to rememeber the technique."


Benedict: "This is a different side of you I've never seen."
Peggy: "I just want to win. Do you think the rest will stop to do the tasks if they were in our position? Don't be naive."


Svetlana: "I'm getting a little seasick."
Louis: "Just row to the nearest shore. Then we will rest a while before I take over."


Edgar: "What is Sandra doing?"
Maria: "Focus on one thing at a time, Edgar!"


Edgar: "Don't you think it's weird? She was rowing the boat with Hailey. I think she stopped to do a task."
Maria: "Then we don't have to worry about getting no points. Don't distract me."


Edgar: "Watch out! She's throwing rocks at us. She wants our attention."
Maria: "She's too far to hit us."


Benedict: "Is that Tyler? We are way ahead of the rest. We can afford to stop and try to earn some points."
Peggy: "No means no. What if we lose the lead and exemption?"


Tyler: "Who's that on the boat? It looks like Peggy and Ben."


Tyler: "They aren't stopping for me."


Hailey: "We're just behind them."
Ulrich: "Not really."


Samdra: "As long as it's above water, I don't have to throw it too far out."


Sandra: "I need to get back to my fire. I wonder how it's doing."


Svetlana: "Let's stop there."


Louis: "Sandra, what are you doing?"


Sandra: "Oh good. You guys are here. You can take over from me."


Sandra: "One of you must stay here to skip stones continuously without letting the fire die."
Svetlana: "What?"
Louis: "One of us has to drop out of the race?"


Sandra: "Yeah, I know. I was shocked to hear it too."
Svetlana: "I need to take a break. I'll do it."
Sandra: "Thanks Svetlana. Shall I row or you row?"
Louis: "I'll do it."


Hailey: "Push! Push! PUUUUSHHH!"
Ulrich: "Hailey, I love your enthusiasm, but...uh...save it for the rowing."
Hailey: "I won't give up."


Maria: "We will rest here but only briefly."
Edgar: "I'm surprised you get tired so easily."
Maria: "I am a sprinter, not a rower. I do not do long distance."


Edgar: "Is that Tyler?"


Tyler: "Hey. I have good news and bad news. The good news is one of you can get 20 points. All you have to do is to reproduce Barnacle Bay's signature rum. The bad news is you will be out of running for the exemption. And you have to switch with me."


Maria: "I am not giving up the exemption."


Edgar: "I know you won't. I'll do it. You go with Maria."


Maria: "Can you row?"
Tyler: "Er...no."


Tyler: "I can't swim either. Sorry."


Maria: "Nevermind. There is no time to waste."


Edgar: "Alright, I've had a sample of the rum. Time to try and recreate it."


Edgar: "That's what the bartender did. She shook it and flung it around."


*CRASH*


Edgar: "Oops!"


Edgar: "Not my most glorious moment."


The bartender will sample Edgar's drink. If she deems it acceptable, 20 points will be earned.


Benedict: "Not bad."
Peggy: "I do all the housework. It's bound to give me some arm muscles."


Benedict: "I know you said no but Sierra's our last hope to earn points."
Peggy: "And we are so close to the exemption. I don't care if I have to take out the whole pot for it."


Svetlana: "That should be enough wood to last."


Svetlana: "Okay, pretend you're feeding fish."


Svetlana: "Actually, no, that's a bad idea."


Tyler: "In the distance looks like our last task."
Maria: "We cannot stop any more or we'll lose even more time."


The last task involves some Dance Dance Revolution. They have to beat the Mole's high score to earn 20 points.


Sandra: "Need me to take over?"
Louis: "It's fine. Isn't this mission worth 80 points? We've only run into one task so far and that was yours."
Sandra: "What do you mean? Didn't you see Edith with the slot machine?"
Louis: "No we didn't. We were too focused on rowing and keeping tempo."


Hailey: "FULL STEAM AHEAD!"
Ulrich: "Come on. It is the only chance to get points. And I am a bad rower. We should switch with someone who can row better."


Hailey: "But we're so close!"
Ulrich: "Don't get agitated. It's clear that Benedict and Peggy will win. What we need to do now is then to earn the most points."


Hailey: "Why should we be the ones to get points? They should know the consequences of chasing after the exemption and suffer with no points. Make them feel bad about it."


Ulrich: "I'm tired and you're tired. We need a break."
Hailey: "Fine. I hope Sierra can row better."


Hailey: "Sierra, what do we need to do here?"


Sierra: "You must beat the Mole's high score. I do not know what that is but you have to dance to beat it in Dance Dance Revolution. One of you must also stay here to do it while I join the other in the race."


Ulrich: "Dance Dance Revolution? Mole's score?"


Ulrich: "I'll do it."
Sierra: "Since he agreed so readily, it is time for us to go."


Ulrich: "My employees will never let me live this down."


Peggy: "My arms are getting stiff. I don't know how you did it."
Benedict: "I'm a physical trainer. Aren't you glad to have me on your team?"


Hailey: "It's so dark. I can't see anything. I'm scared."
Sierra: "Don't be a baby."
Hailey: "You're right. I'm fearless now. Come at me, dark night! Give me your best shot! Send all the tornadoes and storms my way! Nothing will stop me."


Peggy: "We're almost there. Come on! Give it your all."


Peggy: "We reached!"


"Benedict, Peggy, you are the first pair to make it to the end so you get an exemption each. You made it in 4 hours and 2 minutes."

***


Maria: "I was rowing too quickly and accidentally caused water to splash all over me and Tyler. I did not care but Tyler was worried about catching a cold. I thought taking off my clothes wouldn't take up time anyway since we both had our swimming clothes underneath so both of us changed into it."

***


Tyler: "Er...sorry I can't be of much help."
Maria: "It doesn't matter. Let me focus on rowing. We are almost there."


Maria: "Fortunately both of us had swimsuits inside."
Tyler: "It's actually a pretty sight. Filming must be a nightmare though."


Hailey: "I'm tired."
Sierra: "We can't stop now. We are almost at the end. Do not give up. Do you hear me?"
Hailey: "Crystal. Yikes. I'm going to row even harder but only because being stranded with you at night is scary."
Sierra: "How am I scary?"
Hailey: "By just being you...and scolding everyone too, I suppose."


Louis: "Should we at least try to look like we're helping?"
Sandra: "What's the point? Nobody will be here to see it."


Benedict: "Go go go!"
Peggy: "You can do it!"


Lena: "No."
Edgar: "That one?"
Lena: "They are the same mix. If one is wrong all are wrong."
Edgar: "Dammit."


Edgar: "I'll try again. There's got to be one mix that you'll approve of."


"Tyler, Maria, you are the second pair. You made it in time at 4 hours and 45 minutes."
Tyler: "That was a close one."
Maria: "We were too slow."


Tyler: "You did a great job Maria."
Maria: "Not good enough. I should have been the fastest."
Tyler: "But like you said, this is a different discipline. Think of this more of a marathon than a sprint."


"Hailey, Sierra, you have made it to the end. However, you are over the time limit by 20 minutes."
Sierra: "At least we made it in one piece. That's...not an easy feat, considering the calibre and experience Hailey has."


Peggy: "One last pair left."
Benedict: "There they are!"
Sierra: "Took them long enough."
Hailey: "YOU CAN DO IT! DO ITTTT!"
Tyler: "Come on guys!"


"Sandra, Louis, you have made it to the end. You took 6 hours but you made it."
Tyler: "That was long."
Peggy: "Good effort you two."


Sandra: "Thanks for all the cheers. It really wasn't easy."


"Contestants, all of you have reached so the mission is over. Two pairs made it in time, so points can be earned. But the question is: how many?"


"Svetlana has succeeded in her task. That's 20 points."


"Edgar tried but he couldn't reproduce the signature rum well enough to get the bartender's approval."


"Ulrich failed to beat the Mole's high score at Dance Dance Revolution so the pot is only 20 points richer."


The pot is now at 160/550 points. Peggy and Benedict had only the exemption in mind and they managed to get it. While they are safe, someone is not and will be executed. Who will be executed next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!