Saturday 2 November 2019

48.08-Everyone's daughter


In the previous episode the contestants had to solve a  word search puzzle. The group showed that puzzles were not their thing as they only identified 28 songs in their foreign languages, earning 56/120 points to make the pot 190/365 points. Hopefully something good has come out of a failed mission, otherwise the contestants might see themselves going home next.



Maya: "Ay!"


Oscar: "There is no point in mopping it up. I'll fix the sink."
Maya: "Waste..."


Oscar: "Whoever left the sink broken without fixing it or informing anyone is very inconsiderate."


Oscar: "Anyone could slip and fall. It is a good thing I know how to fix the sink. Men in Karzottas must know how to do everything. They are responsible for everything. And to some degree I agree. I just don't think it's necessary to force every man to go through all that..."


Maya: "They say you bad...I think you are not bad man."


Oscar: "Thank you Maya. That means a lot to me."

***


Oscar: "Maya is like my own daughter. She's everyone's daughter. Ever since I was given the job, I have been doubting myself more and more after seeing the world outside. Every day I see Sims moving in and out. It is a messy country. Many are seeking refuge because of fear of civil unrest. So many like Maya seek hope outside their homeland. Every day I see hope at the border, and I see hopelessness too. I am beginning to think my homeland is not as great as they say, so I have been...ahem...the point is that if my own daughter would tell me what Maya said, my actions would all be worth it."

***


Joyce: "Oh Derrick! You can't be serious right now."
Derrick: "I mean every word I say, Joyce. You know I do."
Emily: "No!"


Emily: "They are cheating!"


Derrick: "You are an amazing woman, Joyce. You only deserve the best."
Joyce: "Stop it. You're making me red."
Derrick: "Is it me or is it getting hot in here?"
Emily: "I knew it! I just knew it!"


Emily: "No, I cannot believe it...I have to stop them!"


Joyce: "If only Chloe would see it your way..."
Emily: "STOP!"


Derrick: "What?"


Joyce: "You can't just go around barging into our room, Emily."
Emily: "What am I supposed to do? Wait till you finish cheating with each other?"


Joyce: "What? I think there's been a misunderstanding."


Emily: "What misunderstanding? I have seen and heard enough the past few days."


Emily: "You are a homewrecker. You're trying to get into Derrick's pants!"
Joyce: "Don't point that finger at me, young lady."


Joyce: "I am happily married to someone I love. Derrick and I do not love each other."
Emily: "Then why are you still sleeping on the same bed? There are spare beds."
Derrick: "Don't talk to Joyce like that."


Derrick: "We were just talking about Joyce's new marriage."
Emily: "Oh yeah? Then why are you naked?"
Derrick: "It was hot."


Emily: "Bullshit. All men are like that. You're clearly cheating on your wife with a waitress!"
Derrick: "I swear I'm not! Stop trying to make me look bad on TV."


Emily: "You're worried your wife will find out? Then you shouldn't have had any wayward thoughts in the first place! You don't deserve a wife and kids!"


Joyce: "I don't know what has gotten into you, Emily, but I'm going to have to ask you to leave."



Derrick: "What the hell was that about?"


Joyce: "I don't know. I always had a feeling she had something against me but she always pretended everything was fine when we talked."


Derrick: "Don't listen to her. You and I both know she's wrong. As long as our conscience is clear we don't have anything to worry about. Don't listen to her."


Joyce: "She's right though. I am a homewrecker."


Joyce: "Drew isn't Chloe's biological father. I was pregnant with her when I got to know Drew. Her real father died in a work accident. I was poor and pregnant. I couldn't support Chloe on my own income. So when I got to know Drew, he was already married to his first love Carrie, but they had a heated argument. I...I took advantage of that."


Derrick: "Joyce..."
Joyce: "No, let me finish. I wanted to give Chloe a good life. I was desperate. I got between them and pretended that Chloe was Drew's child. So he divorced Carrie. I thought I could hide it forever but he eventually found out, so we filed for divorce. A few weeks later I met my current husband David."


Derrick: "Does Chloe know about her parentage?"


Joyce: "She already hated David before she knew. She thought I had given up on my true family. In anger I told Chloe the truth. She couldn't take it. No wonder she hates me."


Derrick: "Like I said, you're an amazing woman. You were just doing what you thought was right at that time. You wanted to give her a comfortable life. She'll come to understand."


Joyce: "I hope. Part of me feels responsible for the way she's turned out. I can't help but feel we're drifting further. She even questioned if I was really her mother."
Derrick: "She doesn't mean it."


Joyce: "Doesn't she? She's throwing away her life and it's my fault. I was selfish. We can't even breathe the same air any more. David's trying to get her clean but I doubt he'll succeed. She hates both of us."


Derrick: "You're doing your best."


Joyce: "Derrick, promise me you won't be a horrible parent like me when the baby is born. Love him, take care of him, be there for him."

*
*
*


Emily: "It's just not fair...they aren't good parents. Joyce's daughter hates her and Derrick's already cheating before his child is born."


Jay: "Oh sorry. The door was unlocked so I thought..."


Jay: "Are you alright? You look like you've been crying."


Emily: "Jay, what would you do if you were me? Joyce and Derrick are cheating on their spouses with each other. As a victim myself, am I supposed to just let that happen?"


Jay: "Of course not, but I get the feeling that it's not just about them."


Emily: "They don't deserve children. Ben and I wanted children. When I finally got pregnant we were overjoyed, but we had to give him up. If I could conceive more easily, our relationship wouldn't be so strained. He wouldn't have been upset with me and projected himself onto the psychiatrist and...none of this would have happened."


Jay: "It's not your fault."

Emily: "Yes it is. It's all my fault. This all started because my chances of conception are lower. Then that happened because I pretended everything was hunky dory even though tensions were bubbling. So now I'm trying to be more assertive and active. Is that wrong? What did I do to deserve all this?"


Jay: "Nothing. Some of us are just gifted in other things. Ben cheated on you and that's a fact. You really don't have to hold on to the marriage if you don't want to, especially since you look like you're suffering."


Emily: "But it's just not fair! He thinks marriage is a liability and used me an as excuse to cheat. If I break up with him I'll be giving him what he wants."


Emily: "Since everyone views marriage so lightly then why not we all just cheat? Jay, cheat with me."


Jay: "What? Are you crazy? I'm married!"


Emily: "So? Ben was married, Derrick is married, Joyce is married. That didn't stop any of them! Why should it stop us?"


Jay: "I know you're hurting right now but you gotta listen to yourself. You're out of your mind. Revenge doesn't solve anything. It just makes everyone hurt more. And what's worse is that you're innocent parties into this."


Emily: "I...I'm sorry."


Jay: "There, there. You've been bottling it up for too long. Let it all out."


Jay: "Are you worried that he'll go back to Shirley?"
Emily: "No, I know he won't. I just...maybe part of me is worried for him."


Jay: "What do you mean?"


Emily: "...It's nothing."


Emily: "It's over anyway. Thanks for being there for me. Can you promise not to tell anyone?"
Jay: "Of course."

*
*
*


Maximillian: "Do you think you could teach me a few languages?"


Noel: "I don't doubt my ability but you don't need another language. Everyone already listens to you."

Maximillian: "You don't."
Noel: "I only listen to others when I'm wrong."


Maximillian: "The point is that I think it would be useful to know so many languages."


Noel: "You sure have your priorities right. We're on the Smole, not a language class."


Noel: "Also, you narrowly escaped death and forgot a little of your memories. Instead of spending time with your girl you flew far far away from her instead to play a game."


Maximillian: "It's a long story. I'm involved in greater things. I have to be away from her."


Noel: "Sometimes you don't sound like a father."
Maximillian: "What are you implying?"


Noel: "What do you think I'm implying?"
Maximillian: "I'm not interested in your little games right now."


Maximillian: "I take it that you're not going to teach me?"


Noel: "If you really want you can always fill up a form. If I get enough interest I may open a class. You'll have to pay though. Don't wanna be accused of playing favourites."


Maximillian: "You know what? I'm wasting my breath on you. I don't have to explain anything to you."

*
*
*

It is time for the quiz. 10 questions about the Mole's identity. The lowest scorer will be executed.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: Is the Mole's hair dyed?
A: Yes
B: No


Q3: Is the Mole married?
A: Yes
B: No

Q4: Does the Mole currently have children?
A: Yes
B: No


Q5: In Mission 4, what was the Mole's role?
A: Treadmill Runner
B: Puzzle solver
C: Both


Q6: In Mission 4, how many words did the Mole find?
A: 0
B: 3
C: 4
D: 5
E: 7
F: 9


Q7: Which song did the Mole find in Mission 4?
A: Heavy
B: Perfect
C: Firework
D: No
E: The Sound Of Silence
F: The Mole did not find a song


Q8: Which word did the Mole find in Mission 4?
A: Usko
B: Titres
C: Jatuh
D: Helde
E: Infinit
F: None of the above


Q9: Which language does the Mole know?
A: French
B: Latin
C: Spanish
D: Swahili
E: Russian
F: None of the above


Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Emily Brenner
B: Maximillian Caulfield
C: Jay Emenopy
D: Oscar Griffin
E: Maya Hennessey
F: Noel McAllister
G: Joyce Womack
H: Derrick Wyland


*
*
*


It is time for another execution ceremony.


"Emily Brenner."














































































































































































































































"Safe."


"Maximillian Caulfield."






















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































"Safe."


"Oscar Griffin."









































































































































































































































"Safe."


"Maya Hennessey."













































































































































































































"Safe."


"Jay Emenopy."


























































































































































"Safe."


"Derrick Wyland."





















































































































































































































































































































































"Safe."




"Only two left. Noel McAllister,"


"Joyce Womack. Who will be safe?"


"Noel McAllister."





















































































































































































































"Safe."


"Joyce Womack."
Joyce: "There hasn't been a non-execution yet. Maybe this is it."





























































































































































































































































































"Executed."


"Unfortunately, Joyce Womack, you have been executed."
Maya: "No!"
Derrick: "Not Joyce!"
Emily: "Yes!"


Joyce: "It is what it is. I have run out of corrections. I can't change the results. If I'm meant to be executed, then sooner or later I will be executed. There is no use crying over spilled milk. I just have to keep my chin up and move along."


Joyce: "How silly of me to think that I had a shot. Still, this has been a respite and I feel ready to tackle my problems again. Good luck to the rest."




Emily: "Finally justice has been served."


Maximillian: "Joyce was a strong woman. It's for the best that she's executed early because she could come and surprise us."


Jay: "She was a very down-to-earth and hardworking woman. She was always one of the first to wake up to make breakfast for us. I'm going to miss her waffles."


Maya: "Joyce go...no friend anymore."


Derrick: "This comes as a shock. We shared the same room since Day 1. We talked about so many things and connected on a deeper level. We were playing it strategically and tried to avoid all the pitfalls made by predecessors. To see her executed is a blow to me."



The diner waitress has been executed! Who executed her? Who is the Mole?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!