Wednesday 6 November 2019

48.10-Conversation with yourself


In the previous episode the contestants had to paint book covers until they were sure of it and were willing to cash in points. Unfortunately Jay was incorrect about Maximillian's painting, causing no points to be earned. The pot is currently at 190/500 points. Is the Mole starting to show him/herself? Who is the Mole?


Noel: "Fancy seeing you cooking."
Maximillian: "Emily was right. I should learn how to cook. That way I won't be questioned about my competence in taking care of my family."


Oscar: "I wonder how my family is doing."


Oscar: "Curse them. They forbid women and elders from working."


Oscar: "I am suspended too and spent a lot of my savings trying to find him."


Oscar: "I will find you even if it is the last thing I do."


Noel: "Oscar, do us a favour and fix the dishwasher instead of talking to yourself."
Oscar: "It's broken?"
Noel: "It wasn't me this time...I mean, it wasn't me ever. I think a little wear and tear got to it. It just spontaneously combusted."


Maximillian: "So that was what I heard earlier."


Maximillian: "Oscar, I couldn't help but overhear your conversation with yourself."
Oscar: "You heard nothing."


Maximillian: "The one you're searching for...is his name Albert?"
Oscar: "...Possibly."


Maximillian: "Fuck."


Oscar: "You know something."


Maximillian: "I know a lot of things.  You are going to have to be more specific."


Oscar: "You know who I'm looking for. And the only way that is possible..."


Oscar: "...is if you are the one I am searching for, Albert."


Maximillian: "You're crazy. My name is Maximillian, not Albert."


Oscar: "Your name is nothing more than a cover identity. There is no way anybody can know so much about my mission."


Oscar: "Meet me in the garage at 6. We will talk more."

***


Maximillian: "FUCK! I should have been more careful. I've always been careful. I can't believe I'm slipping up more than ever. The moment I realised he was on the hunt for someone I should have kept the fuck away from him. Instead I walked straight into the fire. He's stealing my tactic. He's pretending to forget, but he knows. He knows everything. I need to come up with a cover, now! If not I may not make it out alive..."

***



Jay: "Emily, I want to formally apologise for losing control of the car."
Emily: "Please don't do that again. It really scared me."


Jay: "I know and I am sorry. I promise it won't happen again. I get sweaty palms easily and my hands slipped..."


Emily: "I forgive you. Now let's not bring it up again."
Jay: "Are you sure you have truly forgiven me? I don't forgive myself. I endangered you and Derrick. If anyone died on my hands, I can't forgive myself."


Jay: "Are you really sure you're okay? You look like you died the moment we got out of the car."
Emily: "Yes I'm fine. Now can we stop talking about death?"

*
*
*


Derrick: "Emily is a sly one. She's probably a really good long-term planner. Taking the previous exemption would make us want to put her at the very end of the line for the next mission with an exemption. She didn't even need to do anything for the mission to fail. All the blame will go to Jay."

Maya: "Emily good."


Derrick: "I want to believe that too, but she's been weird. I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket though. Who do you think is the Mole?"


Maya: "Jay? Oscar? I no know."


Derick: "Jay and Oscar are pretty possible. He told you to paint whatever you wanted. That is pretty strange. It's as if he's trying to make you look bad."


Maya: "I no bad! Oscar no bad!"


Derrick: "If there's anyone I don't trust it's Oscar. He always feels like he's hiding something. You're too kind for your own good, Maya."


Derrick: "This Mole really has us scratching our heads. It makes me think I should have converted the token into a correction instead."


Maya: "Huh?"


Derrick: "Those round wooden blocks? Hey, didn't you receive one too?"


Maya: "Oh!"


Maya: "This?"


Derick: "You still haven't used it? You should! You don't want to be the one who goes home with a correction in her possession."
Maya: "Huh?"


Derrick: "Oh, you don't know what a correction does, do you? It converts a wrong answer on your quiz to a correct one. If you're still unsure you should really use it."


Maya: "Oh...okay."

*
*
*






Maximillian: "I thought I was early."


Oscar: "I have been disciplined to be punctual. If I am late by one minute I will lose my job."


Maximillian: "Cut to the chase. What are you planning on doing? Don't try anything funny. Cameras are watching."


Oscar: "How much do you know?"


Maximillian: "I should be asking you that."

Oscar: "I know enough to be sure that you are my target."


Maximillian: "You don't sound like him at all."


Oscar: "He let you hear my voice?"


Maximillian: "You're not him. He hired you, didn't he?"


Oscar: "Astute. He did. He had more to lose than I, so I am here on both our behalf."


Maximillian: "You can tell him to screw off. He has lost everything. He can never think of making a comeback."


Oscar: "What do you mean?"
Maximillian: "You know exactly what I mean."


Oscar: "We are wasting time. I was told you can end things. Lead us to a better future."


Maximillian: "What?"


Oscar: "All you need is an entry-point. I can provide that."


Maximillian: "What did you just stuff...a passport?"


Oscar: "Not so loud! We are both risking too much. I will find a way to delete the evidence later. But I understand if you are still too uncomfortable to talk. We are ultimately too public. Show up with this passport and you will be let in. December 23rd. Remember the day. You will get free reign once you cross the checkpoint."


Maximillian: "What the fuck? Aren't you supposed to be a goody-two-shoes law-by-law civil servant?"


Oscar: "I don't see why I should enforce a law I do not believe in. The law does not protect its citizens, and non-citizens even less so. They are treated like dogs. We must do everything in our power to protect them. They need a home. They are trying to escape persecution in their own countries. I cannot just stand by and watch as innocents suffer and even die because there is no law to protect them. So I will help them bypass the law. I can give them passports. I can give them the key to a new home."


Oscar: "...Wait."


Oscar: "How much do you really know?"


Maximillian: "Enough to do my business. I had no idea nor intention of knowing about anything else."


Oscar: "Good. Because I cannot let this information fall into the wrong hands. The consequences...will be deadly."


Oscar: "When we walk out of here we will not speak of this again. I will see if I can try and get hold of the footage."

***



Maximillian: "Phew. Turns out it was a case of mistaken identity. Fuck. I revealed too much to Oscar. But he thinks I'm the guy he's looking for and I have all the evidence I need. I have a hold over him now."

***

It is time for the quiz. 10 questions about the Mole's identity. The lowest scorer will be executed.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: Does the Mole have facial hair?
A: Yes
B: No


Q3: How many layers of clothes does the Mole wear every day?
A: 1
B: 2


Q4: In Mission 5, which car did the Mole take?
A: Red
B: White
C: Blue


Q5: Who was the driver of the car the Mole was in in Mission 5?
A: Jay Emenopy
B: Maximillian Caulfield
C: Oscar Griffin
D: The Mole was a driver

Q6: In Mission 5, what was the Mole's role?
A: Reader
B: Painter


Q7: Who was directly after the Mole in Mission 5?
A: Maya Hennessey
B: Noel McAllister
C: Maximillian Caulfield
D: Jay Emenopy
E: Derrick Wyland
F: Emily Brenner
G: Nobody


Q8: In Mission 5, what book did the Mole have to identify or paint?
A: 1984
B: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
C: The Lord of the Rings
D: The Mole went last and thus neither identified nor painted


Q9: In which order did the Mole paint in Mission 5?
A: 1st
B: 2nd
C: 3rd
D: The Mole was not a painter

Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Emily Brenner
B: Maximillian Caulfield
C: Jay Emenopy
D: Oscar Griffin
E: Maya Hennessey
F: Noel McAllister
G: Derrick Wyland

*
*
*


"Things are not looking up for one of you. Seven of you remain but there are only six spots moving forward. Who will be executed? Tonight, let's go round the circle."


"Emily Brenner."
Emily: "Please just get it over with."




























































































































































































































































"Safe."


"Oscar Griffin."
Oscar: "There is still so much left undone. I cannot leave now."












































































































































































































































































"Safe."


"Jay Emenopy."
Jay: "Oh boy."


































































































































































































































































"Executed."


Derrick: "Oh!"
Jay: "Oh indeed."
"Jay Emenopy, you have unfortunately been executed."


Jay: "I'm disappointed in myself. I had high expectations that I would get to the final 5 at least. I overestimated myself. It could have been that I played too safely. Whatever the reason, I will never know. I'm happy to be here though and I wish everyone all the best."



Derrick: "Jay's a smart guy who always seemed composed and sure of himself. His execution comes as a surprise to me and it is very hard to accept that we are losing a beloved companion again and again."


Emily: "Jay was there for me. He is a compassionate man who was there when I felt scared or down. I will be grateful to him for that, but it sucks that he can't be there for me any more."


Noel: "See ya, sucker. Too crass? Fine, I guess I'll talk a little about how great he is even though I honestly don't know him that much...kidding, he's a great man. Took control of the situation when it was needed and tried to maintain order and peace. RIP JMNOP."


Oscar: "Jay was a good competitor. He had the right mix of Mole and contestant. It is a shame that he has been executed."


Oscar: "But to be honest, I am not too saddened over his execution. I have found what I came here for. I can feel. The time is near."


Oscar: "Shit. Did I say that out loud? Cut. I said cut!"


Jay: "Curse you, Mole!"


Jay: "I always wanted to say that."




Jay the clumsy dentist has been executed! Was it his own fault he is out of the game or was it the Mole's?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!