Monday 4 November 2019

48.09-The salad is served



Contestants had to complete a word search puzzle involving foreign languages and music in the previous mission. They only managed to get 56/120 points to make the pot 190/365 points. Joyce was executed, much to the shock of many contestants. Only two women remain. Is one of them the Mole or is the Mole this season a man?

***


Derrick: "I'll be honest. I actually cried a little when I went back to my room. I've never been one to hold back my tears. I felt sad over the loss of a good friend. But I need to continue with the game without her. Joyce has been adamant that the Mole is male. If she's executed, does this mean the Mole is actually female? There are only two women left. If it's not Maya, then it must be Emily."

***


Oscar: "I fear that my contact is already executed, perhaps even literally. I am taking too long in trying to find my target. I pray it's not Joyce, Noah, Mabel or Nina. Otherwise, all risk would have been in vain."

***


Maximillian: "I don't know how he managed to wake up so early in the morning."


Emily: "Aren't you a single father? Surely you know how to cook."
Maximillian: "Every day? That's not healthy."


 Emily: "Do you need my help?"


Maximillian: "No. It's just a salad. How hard can it be?"


Maximillian: "The salad is served."


Emily: "You should really learn how to cook. At least for your daughter if not yourself. I can't believe you don't take care of your children properly. Why is nobody a responsible parent here?"


Maximillian: "My parenting methods are none of your beeswax."
Emily: "Sorry...I didn't mean to be rude."


Emily: "It just hurts to think about all this."
Maximillian: "Then don't think about it. I'm sure you have enough on your plate as it is."


Maximillian: "There's no need to add to it."
Emily: "Maximillian...I guess you're right. Now that Joyce has left things should settle themselves."


Maximillian: "They're catching on. I need to do something about this. I am Maximillian Caulfield, secret agent. That is all they should know."


Maximillian: "Maximillian...I never liked the sound of the name. It's too long. They should call me Maxim instead."

*
*
*



Derrick: "Maya, we have an emergency on our hands."
Maya: "Emer...huh?"


Derrick: "We are down one member. At this stage it is likely that we were wrong about who the Mole is."


Derrick: "Joyce was so sure the Mole is a man. I'm thinking now that it's Emily. You worked more closely with her in the last mission. What are your thoughts?"


Maya: "Emily help."


Derrick: "That can't be right though. We need to examine...look at everyone more closely. I have this gut feel that Emily's our Mole and she's pretending to be innocent."
Maya: "Emily no Mole."


Derrick: "You can't trust anyone too much, Maya. You can trust me because I know I'm not it but I can't say the same for the rest. Emily doesn't like me. She stormed into our room the other day and really threw Joyce off her game. Do you think you can get closer to her? Get to know her better, make friends?"
Maya: "Okay."


Derrick: "I'm counting on you Maya."

*
*
*





***

Derrick: "I am never letting Jay drive again. His hands slipped off the steering wheel and nearly landed us in an accident. How did he pass his driving test?"

***



Contestants will be at the art museum for the next mission. They have split themselves into two groups: four readers and three painters.


The first reader is given the first line of a random book. The reader must then convey the book title to the first painter, who will try and draw a cover. The second reader can guess the book correctly to earn 45 points, or guess another book for the second painter. If the third reader can guess correctly, 90 points will be earned instead. Similarly, if the last reader can guess the third painting correctly, 135 points will be earned instead. Two exemptions will be awarded to the reader and painter who identified and painted the correct book respectively.

***

Noel: "It seemed like a simple mission but it wasn't. After witnessing my flair for language the group put me as one of the readers, along with Jay, Emily and Oscar."

***


Maximillian: "It was pretty clear who belonged to which group. Jay, Oscar and Emily can't paint and Maya can't read. The hardest part was deciding on the order because that directly affected both the points and the exemption. We managed to force, I mean convince, Emily to take the last spot because she already had her exemption but there was a long debate about how the rest of us should be ordered."

***


"It was a bright day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen."
Oscar: "I do not know what book that is. Maybe I should have been a painter."


***


Oscar: "I am well-versed in literature but only the literature of Karzottas. I should have known that this mission would involve more traditional Simlish literature. That is not something I have access to unless I smuggle a few books in. But the penalty for being caught is far too great and I am not going to risk it over a book."

***


Oscar: "Maya, I'm afraid I cannot tell you what book it is."


Maya: "Huh? Then how?"


Oscar: "Draw whatever you like."


Maya: "Okay..."


Maya: "Draw what?"


Maya: "Hmm..."


Maya: "Ah! I draw my heart."


Maya: "Apa, I will get money. You be okay."

***


Maya: "Oscar tell me draw what I like. I draw my heart."

***



Noel: "This is a beautiful painting. I can feel Maya's soul in this. The abundance of wildlife symbolises her desire for continuity of life. Each animal is in a trio, suggesting a family. but the striking black against a red backdrop and a glowing sunset shows her fading, but not yet lost, hope. A brilliant painting, pun fully intended."


Noel: "I wonder if it's The Lion King."


 Noel: "A good strategy is to move on if you can't guess the book. It's only 45 points anyway."

*
*
*


Noel: "What's my line?"
"Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much."


Noel: "Ooh that attitude. Dursley...sounds familiar...I think it's Harry Potter."


Noel: "Paint Harry Potter."
Maximillian: "Got it."


Maximillian: "He's the famous wizard, right? White, scrawny, nerdy..."


Maximillian: "Where do I even begin?"


Maximillian: "Hmm...his features look a little off."


Maximillian: "


Maximillian: "I'll add a G for Gryffindor."


Noel: "It wasn't even that hard. You don't have to be Albert Einstein to know this one."


Maximillian: "Who said that!"


Maximillian: "I must be hearing things. There's no way they would know. Unless Oscar is...no, that can't be."


Maximillian: "I tried my best."



Jay: "Wow, I'm at a loss for words."


Jay: "This must be some book about students or school. He's probably the main character. G...what does G stand for? Gold?"

Jay: "My book must be the hardest. I don't want to risk getting nothing. I think this is Harry Potter, but which book? If I were them, I would pick the last book in the series."


Jay: "I'll guess. Is this book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?"
"Incorrect. The book was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. No points have been earned in the mission."
Jay: "Oops."



Derrick: "Well that's a bummer. If he didn't know he should have continued to the next book. Although I probably wouldn't paint better than Maxim."
Emily: "We didn't even get a chance to perform. What was Jay's book going to be?"
"The Lord of the Rings."


Derrick: "That's such an easy book! All I have to do is to draw a ring and maybe a few short peeps. We frittered 135 points away."


The mission ended with nothing earned. The pot remains at 190 points but out of a total of 500 points. Will the group be able to catch up?


Please note that all paintings were found on the Internet and no attempt at copyrighting their work was made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!