Saturday 1 February 2020

50.10-Sad life story


Previously...


Chris: "I've just come to realise that so many grudges aren't worth holding. How many do-overs do we get in our life? We shouldn't procrastinate on setting things right."


Noel: "Well that's your belief and you do you, but don't try to impose them onto me. I did nothing wrong. If anything, he should have come to me. I don't see why I should be the one. What era is this?"

~~~


Noel: "Chris, can you hear me?"



Chris: "Loud and clear."
Noel: "Awesome. You're our first star. Do us proud."

~~~


Chris: "I'm going. I needed to start the engine first."



Noel: "Awesome. That's 50 points in the pot. Thanks to moi."

~~~


Claves: "I'm sorry. I truly am. But I think I've run out of fuel."

~~~


Noel: "Chris, reverse."
Chris: "Again? This isn't going anywhere."



Philo: "I think we should just give up."
Noel: "No. This puzzle is solvable, and would have been if not for a curious engine malfunction."

~~~

Noel: "There must be another way."
Brianna: "There is no other way. We're wasting time."

~~~


Noel: "I cleared a path for you Brianna. You know what to do next."

~~~


Brianna: "With not a lot of time left on the clock, we hear...nothing. Chris and I were yelling into the walkie-talkie to get Noel to do something, anything. He kept dismissing us and saying he was trying to find a solution. That didn't happen."

~~~


Noel: "Damn it. I couldn't find a solution. Guess I should stick to writing plays."

*
*
*


Brianna: "This talk needs to happen. What went wrong?"
Noel: "You mean apart from the obvious and very blatant sabotage that is Claves?"


Claves: "It is up to you if you want to believe me. But I am a spy. I am better at subterfuge than that."
Noel: "Or maybe you suck, that's why you were kicked out and forced to work for the government instead."


Claves: "Do not insult me."


Brianna: "You took too long, Noel. Chris and I were yelling at you to do something in the final few minutes."
Noel: "I was! I was thinking. Making you move randomly won't do anything. In fact, it will slow us down because of all the change-overs."


Chris: "Philo trapped himself quite a few times."
Noel: "Yeah, I noticed. He was being pretty useless."


Philo: "Sor...you know what? I'm not sorry. I'm done feeling sorry."


Brianna: "We're talking about the mission here, not your sad life story."
Noel: "Give the man a break. It's not easy being a winner, a Mole and a first boot."


Philo: "That's not even what's going on my mind right now."


Chris: "Enough! This is going nowhere. All we know is each and every one of us had a part to play in the failure. I think we're done here."

*
*
*

***


Philo: "I've been learning as much as I can about the future from books, robots, TV and just about everything I can lay my hands on. It's important to fully research and understand the situation I'm in."

***



Philo: "Just maintain focus."


Philo: "I'm getting the hang of these tubes. I'm not falling on my face nearly as often any more."


Philo: "I didn't realise anyone used the treadmill."


Claves: "It's important to keep fit. Regardless of whether I'm part of the PRF or the government, I have to be agile and nimble."


Philo: "So, like an assassin?"


Claves: "I don't kill if that's what you're asking."


Philo: "But how do you avoid killing? Isn't Poland facing some kind of war?"
Claves: "Civil unrest. Bloodshed is inevitable, but I'm sure you can agree that none of us want to shed a drop more than necessary."


Philo: "So, you're not against killing?"


Claves: "What are you trying to say? There are hidden meanings in your words."


Philo: "I guess...what I'm trying to say is...would you kill for me?"
Claves: "No. I'm concerned you want to kill someone."


Philo: "It's for the greater good. It's like killing baby Hitler."
Claves: "You want to kill a baby?"


Philo: "That was just an analogy. I realised that sitting around doing nothing won't bring about change. I'm trying to achieve justice. Surely you understand."


Claves: "I do. All too well."


Philo: "So you'll help me?"
Claves: "Philo, I need you to understand. There are some things you should never get yourself involved in. Once you do, it's going to be hard to extricate yourself."


Philo: "I'm not afraid of that."
Claves: "I am."


Claves: "Regardless, I can guess your plan is to go back in time and murder someone, is that right? Have you thought about the consequences?"


Philo: "I studied Chaos Theory extensively. I also watched a lot of sci-fi movies. But most importantly, I've gone forward in time and back. Nothing happened. Nothing changed. It's as if time froze while we're here. So I can conclude that the ripple effects in sci-fi movies are just bull."


Claves: "That's just your one-sided, short-term experience."


Philo: "I know what you're worried about. You have reservations about your own health, and your own life. I'll prove it to you. I'll gather all the data I can to show you that dystopia won't happen just because we went back in time. We won't change the outcomes so drastically."


Claves: "Yes, perhaps that is true..."

*
*
*


Noel: "Is there room for one more?"
Brianna: "Just keep your distance."


Noel: "This far enough for you?"
Brianna: "Ew, put your leg down."
Noel: "Hypocrisy is not a good look on you."


Chris: "It feels good to relax and unwind once in a while. I think we were getting to stressed out."
Noel: "Lucky you. Now that you've retired you get to soak in hot tubs and drink Mai Tais every day."
Chris: "That's not what I do."


Brianna: "How do you spend your retirement?"


Noel: "Preaching and atoning for his sins."
Chris: "Heh. I guess that is sort of true."


Brianna: "What sins?"
Noel: "Brianna, that's rude. It's like asking a woman her age."
Chris: "It's fine. I'm slowly coming to terms with it. I haven't been the best father or husband in my youth. Or the best Sim for that matter. I've done a lot of...unforgivable things. Things my daughter still refuses to forgive  me for."


Noel: "She'll come round to it eventually."
Chris: "One can only hope."


Brianna: "You must really have upset her if she refuses to forgive you."
Chris: "I...I let guilt crush my wife. Her mental health suffered while trying to help me keep secrets."


Brianna: "You sound like the type of Sim I hate."
Chris: "I probably am."


Noel: "Cut him some slack. At least he's showing remorse and is working to change."


Brianna: "That's true. But I'm going to be a little wary of you now, Chris. An Ezekiel was bad enough for me."


Brianna: "Okay, let's talk about more relaxing things...how about your road trip, Noel?"


Noel: "Huh? Oh, it was nice. A nice change of pace from the bustling city of Seattle."


Brianna: "Nature is really nice to look at. It can help clear the mind sometimes."
Noel: "It's too bad that any nature here is artificial."


Brianna: "So what did you do during the road trip? Other than try to search for your parents."


Noel: "Spend time with my family. Even though I was the hired chauffeur, I mainly took a backseat in the days' activities. I let them Paige and Noah do whatever they wanted."


Chris: "Look at you. You're a full-fledged family man."
Noel: "Jealous?"


Chris: "Yeah...your life sounds great."


Noel: "It took me a while to get here."
Chris: "Not as long as I have."


Noel: "Chin up. You'll get to go on your very own road trip one day. All you need to do is to take the first step and admit you were wrong to your daughter. And keep trying like an unkillable cockroach. She'll learn to love you."


Brianna: "You come up with the weirdest things, Noel."

***


Noel: "I treat Chris like my own Dad even though they are way different. My real Dad's not here, so I can only make up the lost love by caring for Chris like he's my Dad."

***

*
*
*


Noel: "You shouldn't be drinking that much. Especially not in broad daylight."
Philo: "Not your problem."


Philo: "Besides, you do it too."
Noel: "I don't drink nearly as much as you do. Does it really taste that nice?"


Philo: "I've gotten used to it."
Noel: "So you don't like it."


Philo: "I don't like myself anymore."
Noel: "What? Well, then, change yourself."


Philo: "I don't like this vodka. It's so fake. But I can't change the recipe on this goddamn machine."


Noel: "Sure you can. Haven't you been studying about the future?"
Philo: "Not about this."
Noel: "Will you give me some damn respect and look at me when I'm talking to you?"


Philo: "Can't I just be alone?"


Noel: "Not with an all-you-can-drink machine. You've gained a few pounds already."
Philo: "I don't give a fuck."


Noel: "I know it's not my place to say anything, but I think you need help. I wonder if there's a futuristic AA around here. There's got to be given the accessibility of alcohol."


Philo: "The last contestant who 'cared' about me tried to fuck up my life. And succeeded. I don't need another one."


Noel:  "I'm offended you think I want to ruin your life. Okay, I'll be curt here. I don't know you all that well, and neither do you. Why would I want to ruin a stranger's life for no reason?"


Philo: "Fun, joy, peace and laughter."
Noel: "I can write a character to fulfil those whimsys."


Noel: "I thought you were done moping when you came back. You seemed more excited than I was to be in the future. Why are you becoming this again?"


Philo: "I don't expect you to understand."
Noel: "My wife says I'm not a very good listener but I've got two big ears and a whole load of time right now. It's just me and you."


Philo: "I told all of you a week ago."
Noel: "What, Shirley DeSota? It's been 10 seasons. Can't you get over it?"


Philo: "Do you know what it's like to abandon everything you've ever known? Disappointed everyone who had a single ounce of hope left in you? To turn your back on everything and everyone that made you who you are because you're a fucking senseless cuck like me?"


Philo: "Do you? DO YOU?"


Philo: "I just knew you wouldn't understand."


Noel: "How do you know I don't? Maybe you haven't been up to date, but my biggest regret was aired on international television. You think being played a fool is embarrassing? What about running away to join a circus? What about leaving your heavily pregnant wife to her own devices, after leaving  your parents because you were an idiot? Or nearly, NEARLY, missing out on one of your life's biggest milestones: the birth of your first child? 


Noel: "Abandoned everything? Check. Disappointed everyone? Check. Turned my back on everything because I'm a senseless cuck? Check, check and check. Looks like you're not the only one who made mistakes."


Noel: "You sure know how to ruin the mood, Philo Nickelworth. No wonder you're an actor. If I wanted drama I would have written a play."

***


Noel: "If I wanted drama I would have written a play. It sucks damn hard that I had to lose my cool like that on air. But I wish Philo stopped acting like the world owes him a living. He just had to dredge up so many bad memories."

***


Brianna: "It's a good thing that stoves don't exist in the future. We wouldn't have to worry about house fires."
Claves: "Oh right. Your house burned down in a fire. Was it because of a stove?"


Brianna: "I don't remember the details, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was."


Chris: "If you needed, I could give you some money to rebuild your house."


Brianna: "I've got that covered already, but I wouldn't say no to money. Wait a minute, were you eavesdropping?"
Chris: "Err...no?"


Brianna: "So yes."
Chris: "It's not eavesdropping if you're saying it in public."


Brianna: "Don't try to argue, Chris. I knew there was something off about you."


Claves: "How long?"


Chris: "Huh?"
Claves: "How long have you been spying on everyone?"
Chris: "I don't get you..."


Claves: "Did you really think you could fool me? I know you listened in on Sue and Lloyd's coalition conversations a few times."
Chris: "If you know then why did you even bother asking?"


Brianna: "What? I can't believe you would stoop that low. I expected something like that from Sue, not you."


Brianna: "You know what? I would say no to money, especially if they were ill-gotten gains from ill-gotten Sims."


Chris: "What the hell was that for, Claves?"
Claves: "You reap what you sow."


Claves: "If you eat a cookie, you better make sure not to leave any crumbs."


Chris: "I've been around the block, Claves. I know there's more to you than an ex-spy turned civil servant. Nobody would ever admit they were a spy."


Claves: "You're not at that level to intimidate me."
Chris: "You don't want to see me try. I could drive my own daughter away, and drive my own wife crazy."


Claves: "Congratulations to you then. I hope you lead a happy life."

***


Chris: "Ugh, I hated to pretend I was proud of what I did to my family, but I think Claves is plotting something. The rest don't see it because she's skilled, so I'm the only one who has to try and stop her. I don't know what she's plotting, but something tells me it isn't good, and something tells me I'm a threat in her way."

***


*
*
*

It is time for the quiz. 10 questions about the Mole's identity. The lowest scorer will be executed. Lloyd, Sue and Sydney can return if they score sufficiently high. 


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: Does the Mole wear makeup?
A: Yes
B: No


Q3: Has the Mole been executed before this season?
A: Yes
B: No

Q4: Before Mission 5, what did the Mole wear?
A: Everyday wear
B: Sleepwear
C: The Mole has been executed


Q5: What was the Mole's role in Mission 5?
A: Traffic police
B: Driver
C: The Mole has been executed

Q6: In Mission 5, which puzzle did the Mole have to drive out of the traffic?
A: First
B: Second
C: Third
D: Fourth
E: None
F: The Mole has been executed


Q7: In Mission 5, which car did the Mole drive out of the traffic?
A: Red
B: Blue
C: Green
D: The Mole failed to drive out
E: The Mole did not drive

Q8: What happened to the Mole in Mission 5?
A: The Mole's car ran out of fuel
B: The Mole did a victory dance
C: The Mole trapped himself the most times
D: None of the above


Q9: Who sat opposite the Mole before Mission 5?
A: Chris Winters
B: Brianna McWinner
C: Noel McAllister
D: Philo Nickelworth
E: Nobody
F: The Mole has been executed

Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Chris Winters
B: Sue May
C: Lloyd Smart
D: Sydney Wellington
E: Philo Nickelworth
F: Clavés Vann
G: Brianna McWinner
H: Noel McAllister


*
*
*


"Good evening contestants. It's a beautiful day to begin an execution ceremony, so let's not waste more time."


"Brianna McWinner."
































































































































































































































































"Noel McAllister."


















































































































































































































































































"Chris Winters."


















































































































































































































































































"Chris Winters, unfortunately, you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Claves: "I reckon that Chris was underestimated for his age. He surprised many by lasting so long. He's smarter than we give him credit for, so it is a bit disappointing for him to leave now."


Noel: "Chris was my roommate. Despite the age gap I think we were close. We even worked together as a coalition, surprise surprise. His elimination fills me with much sadness."


Brianna: "Chris was like a father figure. But a very chill father. Unfortunately he did certain things to my distaste, so I can only say he had what's coming to him."
Philo: "I don't know what Chris did but Chris was an amazing player. Seeing all these executions just makes me thankful I managed to get a second chance."

*
*
*


Chris: "It must be retribution. Not just for eavesdropping on others but for everything I did before. Still, I'm grateful to have even made it as one of the season's contestants, and am proud of myself for making it this far. I hope to return but I won't get my hopes too high. Goodbye and good luck."
"Thank you for joining Chris. We hope to see you again."


The oldest contestant's time is up on the Smole. Will he get a second life? Will anyone else make a comeback?

Pot: 325/592

*
*
*

Talking to the Great Wall of China



~~~


Sue: "Hey everyone. Missed me?"

~~~


~~~


Philo: "Where do I even begin? There are way too many words."

~~~


Lloyd: "If Wheel of Fortune taught me anything, it's RSTLNE."

~~~


Sue: "Do you think we can help me?"
Lloyd: "Of course. I want this mission to succeed."
Sue: "Not just that. I was hoping to resume things where we left off."


~~~


Philo: "I can handle myself."

~~~


Philo: "Er...did I walk in on something I shouldn't have?"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!