Sunday 10 May 2015

19.01-If a woman can't cook, she's not a good woman



Welcome to the 19th season of the Smole! This season, 14 contestants play for a shot at the grand prize. They earn points when doing missions, which will translate into money which the eventual winner will walk away with. However, they won’t win all the money. Among them is the Mole, a saboteur hired by producers to scheme and deceive so that they themselves can earn the money. After every mission, contestants have to take a quiz on who they think the Mole is. The lowest scorer each quiz will be executed. In the event of a tie, the slower player is executed.

This season’s twist is that from the second quiz onwards, there will be 5 additional questions on the previous executed player. The questions are largely about how they died eg who they chose as the Mole, what his/her score was etc. but it can also be questions similar to the usual questions. If you haven’t figured out yet, this season is inspired by “Whodunnit?”. So, one question shall begin it all: WhodaMole?



Could it be Joshua Kaiser, 27, mixologist?

Maybe Hector Lorzo, 24, college student?



Is it Walter Fleur, 69, retired businessman?


Or is it Helen Kimchaor, 51, migrant worker?


What about Gretchen Hertfordshire, 34, unemployed?

Don’t forget Chester Chesterfield, 29, athlete!


Hey, is it Elena “Ellen” Crane, 30, photographer?


Perhaps it’s Fanny “Ashley” Garter, 26, explorer?


Or maybe Terrence Daniel, 39, scientist?


Can it be Sue May, 30, unemployed?

May it be William Hanes, 43, cowboy?


Might it be Kimberly Flanning, 33, unemployed?


How about Becky Beaker-Baker Barker-Becker, 40, shop owner?

Last but not least, Leonard Windsor, 35, unemployed?

***

Contestants get a few days to settle in.
 
Leonard: “I actually miss high school. Those were the best days of my life. So much better than work.”
Elena: “But you’re unemployed.”
Leonard: “I’m on a lookout for jobs.”
Elena: “But if you get a job you like, it’ll be great! And chances of promotion are higher! Did you know that 95% of…”
Terrence: “What are you guys talking about?”


William: “Keep on yakking, Ellen. I dunwanna be surrounded by geeks.”

***


Leonard: “I love playing soccer. Brings back the memories…”


Joshua: “Woo! I love this music!”


Well, looks like something happened among the four of them.


Hector: “I feel so ignored…”
Fanny: “Who’s that behind me?”
Hector: “WHAGGAUZZAHUUZAKO!”
Fanny: “…Whut.”

***


Terrence: “You need to stop sounding so melodramatic. The past is past, so stop harping on it!”
Leonard: “Sorry…why not I tell you a funny story that happened before?”
William: “Heya guys. Whatcha doing?”


 
Sue: “Ugh!”
Joshua: “Hey babe. What’s up?”
Sue: “The dishwasher is annoying!”
Joshua: “Come over here, right beside me. It’s so much quieter here. Say, you don’t sound like you’re from around here.”
Sue: “I’m from China actually. But I lived here for quite a while so I picked up a second language.”
Joshua: “Impressive lady. Why not we exchange numbers?”

***


Joshua: “They bugged this whole place so they can hear our every conversation.”
Chester: “Ha! So true!”
Helen: “You write what, Gretchen?”
Gretchen: “Huh? Oh, I’m writing in my journal.”
Hector: “Already? You’re no fun!”
Chester: “You speak funny, Helen!”
Helen: “I from Japan.”
Gretchen: “That’s so rude, Chester.”


Helen: “Hello everybody. I Helen Kimchabor. I from Japan. I come here work, you know, work? Last year, yes! To earn money for family. I join Smole to win money to give family in Japan.”


Hector: “So, you’re from China, eh? You’re quite the looker. Too bad I have a girlfriend.”
Sue: “Oh, will she misunderstand? Is she watching? I shall not dance then.”
Hector: “Nah, she’ll never know. A little flirting here and there won’t hurt anyone.”
Kimberly: “Wow, she charmed so many men already.”


Sue: “I think I should go. Sorry.”
Hector: “Gee Kim, you ruined things for me! Stop being jealous and go wash the dishes!”
Kimberly: “Why you gotta be so rude?”
Hector: “I’m not rude. You are! Sue is so kind, how can you say that in front of her?”


 
Gretchen: “I’m not a very good cook.”
Joshua: “Pity, babe. If a woman can’t cook, she’s not a good woman.”
Gretchen: “You’re pretty sexist.”


William: “I’m not used to the food here.”
Terrence: “At least you have food. Sometimes, during research, I can go days without food.”
Elena: “Becky, right? Why are you so quiet? You should speak up more!”
Becky: “I’m…naturally shy.”
Elena: “Why do you have such a long name?”
Becky: “…My husband’s name is Buck Beaker-Baker. My maiden name was Becky Barker-Becker-Biker…I gave up my Biker because it would be too long. I feel like slapping myself whenever I say my whole current name out…I…I don’t know why.”

***

 

The first mission shall commence. This is worth 140 points. Contestants will play hangman. They will have to guess 14 different words. For every successful guess, 10 points are added. The first to finish will earn the first exemption of the season.


 

Sue and Helen are the first two to finish! Helen earns the exemption for being the first to finish.


Gretchen: “Hmm…an A?”
“Nope.”


Hector: “What word is this? Z!”


Leonard: “This reminds me of that time…”


Kimberly is done with her word, followed by Gretchen!


So have Chester, Hector and Joshua! So far, so good!


Becky: “Not easy…”

Sue: “So, I think we should form a coalition just because we are both from Asia.”
Helen: “What?”
Sue: “Say yes.”
Helen: “Yes?”
Sue: “Good!”

Walter: “I’m an old man for crying out loud! My brain won’t function!”


Leonard: “At last!”


William and Fanny have given up!


Becky: “Too hard. Forget it.”


Elena and Terrence are finished!


Walter: “I’m hanged. What kind of word is this?”


The mission is over! Becky, Walter, Fanny and William failed the mission, thus 100/140 points are earned. Not too bad a start. Here are their words:


Sue: COCONUT
Chester: TRIANGLE
Helen: TEAR
Fanny: ZEPHYR
Gretchen: CRINGE
Kimberly: SOLILOQUY
Hector: GENIE
Joshua: FLABBERGASTED
Walter: MACABRE
Leonard: REFRIGERATOR
Terrence: HAFNIUM
Elena: BUBBLEGUM
William: GRATITUDE
Becky: RHYTHM

***


Hector: “Did you see Helen’s word? It’s the shortest! It’s so unfair!”
Kimberly: “Tell me about it.”


Gretchen: “What are you doing here!”


Becky: “I should be asking you!”
Gretchen: “Me? I have the right to join! You should just quit! Hmph! I don’t want to waste my breath.”


 
Gretchen: “I hate to admit it, but I know Becky. I can’t believe she signed up for this season too! I hate her! She’s the bane of my existence. She pretends to be so meek and quiet, but I can tell you that she’s more than meets the eye. I don’t want to go into details, but I hope she’s out soon!”


Helen: “Please don’t upset. Maybe it luck. If only luck can bring me to the end so I win money for family!”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!