Friday 1 May 2015

18.21-What is life?


Previously on the Smole the final 4 challenged death in three rounds. Natalie won the first, Colette won the second, Roy won the third and the exemption and last question of the season. All 30/30 points were earned, making the pot 450/1410 points. Natalie was gutted, even more so when she found herself executed. Who will win, and who is the Mole?

***



Colette: “You must be the Mole. You feel threatened by her.”
Ernest: “Me? I can’t believe you’re just like her! You really are brainwashed!”
Colette: “What do you mean?”
Ernest: “She’s been using you, Colette. Don’t you realise? She was going to betray you if the Mole didn’t stop her!”


 
Roy: “What is life? Why am I still in the game? I have the worst attitude!”


***


“Congratulations you all on getting so far. Your last mission, worth 90 points, is to be grilled.”
Roy: “I have nothing to hide.”
Ernest: “Oh, please spare us!”
“You will be interrogated. If you successfully survive the interrogation, you earn 30 points for the team. Good luck.”

***


Roy: “So dreary…”
Colette: “Where is Ernest?”
Roy: “He must have the most to hide.”
Colette: “You look like the one, actually.”
Roy: “I can dig my heart out. I bare all.”


Ernest: “Sorry I’m late. I just…I just feel so pensive. It’s all going to be over soon, you know?”
Colette: “If we do well, we can turn the tables and beat the Mole!”
Roy: “Unlikely.”


They each enter their rooms.

***


“Colette, you are the Mole!”
Colette: “What? If you use your brains you’ll see how off you are.”
“Don’t lie to us. You’re pretending to be the puppet of Natalie, but you know better than that. You know she was using you, and you chose to be used. You chose to get the guys to sympathise with you and make them seem like the Mole when you offed her!”
Colette: “Nonsense! She’s my best friend! She won’t do that! Neither will I!”
“Why not? You have the genes of a murderer.”
Colette: “What?”
“Charlie Steel is your father. He killed an innocent college student in a car accident on a highway 16 years ago. Elias Yates was the name. He studied in the same university as you.”
Colette: “I’ve never heard of that guy!”
“Who? Elias? Or Charlie? What an unfilial girl. But I can see why. In order to cover up his crimes, he killed many more, including his friends who he so manipulated. He escaped scot-free for several years as he found a scapegoat, but justice has long arms. He was caught. You’re the daughter of a criminal, Colette. Face it. You’ve inherited his genes.”
Colette: “Nonsense! I did not! How dare you attack my father like that! I will not do this anymore!”


“You failed, Colette. What a weak girl.”
Colette: “I will not tolerate this! Forget about the points, how could you be so cruel?”


Colette: “Waaah!”













Colette: “I had a total breakdown in there. I mean, how could they dig up dirt on us? On me? That was plain heartless! I feel abused and used!”

***



“Roy Dylan Osthmus…always the shady one, but that’d seem too obvious, wouldn’t it?”
Roy: “Huh?”
“So deceptive. You’re smarter than you look. You used reverse psychology to get you this far. Unfortunately your cover-up is pathetic.”
Roy: “I’m not covering anything up.”
“We all know you’re the Mole.”
Roy: “I’m not.”
“Well, you better admit it, or I’m never giving you this letter.”
Roy: “I don’t want to read it, then.”
“Are you sure? It contains information about your grandfather. It says something terrible happened.”
Roy: “I just knew it. What happened?”
“I don’t know. Are you the Mole?”
Roy: “This is irrelevant!”
“It’s completely relevant. Imagine how heartbroken your grandfather will be up there when he finds out you lied to everyone and refused to see him for the last time.”
Roy: “What last time? What do you mean? Tell me!”
“You tell me the truth first!”
Roy: “Fine! I’m the Mole, whatever! Now give me that letter!”
“Afraid not. Don’t you dare sass, young man. You’re probably just saying that now.”
Roy: “What do you want me to do? I did what you wanted!”
“Ha! What a pathetic dog you are.”


Roy: “You know what? Forget it. There’ s  no hope of winning anyway. Why must I tolerate these insults and succumb to this. You’re probably just lying.”
So far no points have been earned. Can cheery Ernest endure the gruelling grilling?

***



“Ernest, Ernest, Ernest, you’re a terrible Mole.”
Ernest: “What?”
“Everyone has latched onto you. You suck.”
Ernest: “No I don’t! I’m…I’m not the Mole!”
“You pretend to be happy and cheery, so that everyone feels comfortable around you and lowers their guard. Then you silence them!”
Ernest: “Stop fabricating lies! I did nothing of the sort!”
“Of course you’d deny. But I should tell you how annoying you are to everyone, including your own close ones.”
Ernest: “No they don’t.”
“They find you over-the-top, clingy and competitive, liking to rub everything into other’s faces. Why don’t you just admit you’re the Mole and give in for once? Is it too much to ask? Or are you too proud? Or ashamed?”
Ernest: “I refuse to hear it!”
“You really do. You’re a terrible Mole, just say it already.”
Ernest: “I’m…I’m…”


Ernest: “I’m sorry. I hope the other two are stronger than I am.”
“See? You are terrible at everything.”


“You may all come out now!”
Roy: “I never thought I’d be so happy to see the light.”


Roy: “Are you okay, Ernest?”
Ernest: “Yeah…oh who am I kidding? I’m not okay! I can’t take it anymore! Yes, yes I’m terrible!”
Roy: “Wow, what did they do to you?”


Colette: “Just know that they were pulling your leg. What they uttered was all nonsense…right?”
Ernest: “No…I don’t know! Why do I try so hard? Why? I can’t take the stress of this game anymore!”


Colette: “Nobody can! It’s so stressful! They say that Tammy was a liar, and so was my father, and me too! How could they? I’m sorry, I just can’t look at you.”
Ernest: “Am I that repulsive?”
Colette: “No, it’s just—“
Ernest: “Fine! GO AWAY!”
Roy: *sigh*


“Well you all look pretty upset. Why not you go home and freshen up?”

***


 

Roy: “Hey Colette. Never expected you to drink.”


Roy: “Want to chat?”
Colette: “That’s funny, coming from you.”


Colette: “Can I trust you?”
Roy: “I’m not the Mole…you know what? Forget I asked then. You can go ahead and treat me like dirt.”
Colette: “No…it’s not that.”
Roy: “If you don’t mind me asking, what did he tell you in there?”
Colette: “He accused me of being the Mole, then said I’m evil and deceptive because of my father.”
Roy: “What about your father?”
Colette: “…It’s personal. Just know that he’s the greatest father ever and they were slandering him.”


Colette: “It’s my turn to ask you now.”
Roy: “…They said my grandfather was in grave danger, but they refused to tell me what until I said I was the Mole. Not that I am, but nobody will believe me. And when I did, they still didn’t tell me! They made me out to be a fool! Sigh. It’s probably just a lie though.”


Colette: “Oh…you know, I noticed something when I entered my room, not sure about you all. I found two long knives hanging behind me.”
Roy: “Oh, I saw a samurai sword in my room too.”
Colette: “Maybe they’re clues!”
Roy: “Like real. We’ll never be able to decode this game’s cryptic clues anyway. They’re too far-fetched.”
Colette: “Shall we go talk to Ernest?”
Roy: “No, I think he needs time alone. He really broke down back there. They must have really pushed his buttons.”
Colette: “I’ve never seen such a happy man cry like there’s no tomorrow. I’ve never seen a pessimistic one do so either.”
Roy: “I wasn’t crying.”
Colette: “I saw your red eyes. There’s no need to deny it.”


Ernest: “Relax Ern…it’s all going to be over real soon. Compose yourself. Those stupid people were just trying to get into your head…sigh. This game has got me real good.”

***

And at long last, it’s time for the first and last and only quiz of this season!




Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: What colour hair does the Mole have?
A: Black
B: Blonde
C: Dirty Blonde

Q3: What does the Mole wear that is unique?
A: A necklace of sorts
B: Brown pants
C: A skirt

Q4: In Mission 1, in what relative order did the Mole finish?
A: 1st
B: 2nd
C: Forfeited

Q5: In Mission 2, what were the Mole’s stats?
A: 3
B: 0
C: NIL


Ernest: “Well, it has all boiled down to this…I may have cracked, but I’m in a better position to analyse rationally now. No playing a fool now Ernest. Let’s see, Roy Dylan Osthmus is quite a tricky one. He’s dark, and always a Debbie Downer. He tries to dampens people’s spirits so they won’t participate or do as well in missions, which is what happened! Look at how miserable the pot is, with 0 points earned that last mission and a grand total of 450/1500! Well, I suppose it’s better than nothing.

Colette Steel however is smart. But she’s also naïve, unless that’s a façade to let down our guard. Maybe she willingly get used by Tammy, like Cindy and Ella Marie of Season 14! She wants to be pitiful and play the victim, like Bernice of Season 17. It must be a cover. Unfortunately it’s been used too much to work. So is she the Mole?”


Q6: In Mission 3 in which order was the Mole eliminated?
A: 4th
B: 5th
C: 6th

Q7: In Mission 5 who did the Mole suspect?
A: The Neighbour
B: The Maid
C: The Trainer

Q8: In Mission 6, how many votes did the Mole get?
A: 0
B: 2

Q9: In Mission 8 where was the furthest the Mole got?
A: Rodeo
B: Pool
C: Photo Booth

Q10: In Mission 9, how long did the Mole take to sit on a chair?
A: 7s
B: 10s
C: 11s


Roy: “I won’t win, but I’ll just go through the whatever. Colette Steel has a deep secret apparently. That last mission was probably a test…one in which we all failed, but that’s beside the point. How can she trust someone so wholly? I’ve lost faith in humanity long ago.

Ernest Lee is even worse. He’s way too happy to be for real. Can he stop being so optimistic? It’s reverse psychology. The more you look like you want to win, the more you’re the Mole. I had my eye on him.”


Q11: In Mission 10 which round did the Mole win?
A: 2nd
B: 3rd
C: The Mole did not win a single round

Q12: How many times has the Mole become the human shield?
A: 1
B: 2

Q13: What is the Mole’s most popular guess for the Mole?
A: Roy
B: Ernest
C: Colette

Q14: Which room does the Mole sleep in?
A: White Room
B: Grey Room

Q15: Who is the Mole?
A: Colette Steel
B: Ernest Lee
C: Roy Dylan Osthmus


Colette: “Ernest Lee is quite the fun, bubbly one, and I think he’s a joy to be around. It’d be sad to think he’s the Mole, but that was what Tammy felt. But they say don’t trust her. Did he sabotage? I don’t think so. He looked to try so hard. But maybe he did discreetly, I’m sure. Like when he volunteered to sit out in one mission, though that means he can’t thwart plans….oh well.

How about Roy Dylan Osthmus? Three names is mighty suspicious, but that’s no grounds to base judgement. He always thinks we can’t win and he’s right. He did sabotage I guess, but they pass off as being part of his character. Two males on both ends of the spectrum. One must be the offending one.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!