Tuesday 25 August 2015

21.03-Who the hell...heaven is talking?


Previously on the Smole, 10 contestants joined in hopes of earning money. Their first mission proved that they could trust nobody as lies and suspicion arose. 100/200 points were earned by Donovan, Bonnie and Eleanor. Herb found a correction while Lisa found 3. Shawn earned an exemption from the first execution. In the end, good girl Hope was the first to be executed. Who will be the next?

Mission 2-Pose for the Camera



This alien is taking interest in the car.

***


 


There are nine journals for the contestants to take. One has a surprise…


Eleanor: “I tell you, vampires are real. I’ve seen plenty of them. I work in a vampire bar.”
Bonnie: “Dear, you need to see a doctor.”













Eleanor: “They don’t believe me…well, they don’t need to. If you go too soft and naïve in this game, you will be executed, just like Hope was. I’m from the city. I know how to toughen it up. I know that in this game, it’s the survival of the fittest. Friendships and coalitions don’t last.”

***


They rake their journals.

Moxie: “I can’t believe it’s self-service here.”
Malcolm: “Neither can I.”
Lisa: “It’s the Smole life, you divas.”
Malcolm: “Whatever. I heard our journals are waiting outside.”


Malcolm: “Hmm…why not I take another one? That would be a devilish plan. That unlucky chap will have nothing to record and refer to!”


 
Eleanor: “Why are you acting so furtively?”
Malcolm: “What? I’m not.”
Eleanor: “Well, whatever. Nothing escapes others in this game. The Mole is always watching when you least expect it.”


They retrieve their journals too.


Eleanor: “I found a typed note in my journal. It said to ‘rearrange the furniture’ during the second mission in exchange for a correction. This sounds tempting but I’m confused.  What furniture? And why the quotation marks?”


Lisa: “It pays off to be careful.”


Moxie takes her journal too.


Bonnie: “Lisa, Don, you should take your journals quick. The number of journals left on the table is falling like a shooting star.”


Lisa takes her journal.


Zachary: “I’m still so star-struck. Is this an actual superstar standing before me?”


Donovan takes the last journal. Poor Shawn didn’t have a chance.


Eleanor: “Do you ever feel that being here is so awkward? I’m used to the city life, not this. I feel like a fish out of water.”
Lisa: “You will get used to it eventually. I just can’t wait for this to be over.”
Eleanor: “Me too.”


 
Zachary: “This view is better…no, this view, no this view. Ah, I wish I had my flatscreen TV to watch. This box is too small! You can’t tell me the production crew has no money!”


Malcolm: “I shall leave a little note in this journal to mislead them. Good luck to whoever finds it.”

***




Eleanor: “Why did you call me here?”
Malcolm: “I’m thinking that we could partner up. I think we’ll make great business partners.”
Eleanor: “Save your breath. I’m not forming a coalition.”


Eleanor: “Malcolm wanted to form a coalition with me. I rejected him outright. In the room, I noticed that Hope left something behind. She probably forgot about it. It’s a photo of her and someone…presumably her father? But why does he look so familiar? It’s like I’ve seen him before.”


Moxie: “I need to use the toilet. It’s so cheap. Ugh! It’s clogged! CHEAP!”


“Contestants, please make your way to the Black Cuboid.”
Lisa: “Oh dear, another mission! This will be stressful.”

***




Lisa: “Our next mission is written here. One of us will have to stay in this room while the others spread ourselves around this building. The one remaining here will have to guide us via the TVs and computers to find certain objects in this building. We have one hour. If we found an object, we have to locate the hidden camera and pose. When all eight contestants’ faces can be seen on the TV, 200 points will be earned.”

“And your time begins now!”


Donovan: “Quick, how will we do things?”
Moxie: “Who will be the one staying in here?”
Lisa: “I want to do it.”
Zachary: “No. I think the detectives should be out snooping.”
Lisa: “We’re great at solving mysteries. I think I’ll be better off trying to find where each item is within this building.”
Herb: “Why not we let Shawn do it?”
Moxie: “Are you mad?”
Herb: “He has had a stroke of good luck. Maybe he can help.”
Lisa: “Alright, but we’re wasting time.”
Bonnie: “The rest of us should partner up and find the object. This would prevent any Moleish actions.”

Malcolm: “Alright, let’s go! I’ll partner with you, Eleanor.”
Eleanor: “Fine.”


Shawn: “Oh dear. This is going to be confusing.”














Shawn: “I think it was a bad idea to put me in charge. They have too much faith in me. I’m very stressed. When I saw a bunch of TVs and phones, I knew we were toast. How was I going to communicate with eight others? And partnering together will slow everyone down in my opinion. This place is huge!”


Shawn: “Let’s see if the computers will give us anything.”


 
Shawn: “Hmm…okay, I need to tell someone something. Where’s that phone they provided us?”

***


Malcolm: “You know, Eleanor, you remind me of my late daughter.”
Eleanor: “Because of the name?”
Malcolm: “Yes.”
Eleanor: “If you don’t mind me asking, why did she die?”
Malcolm: “Because of a bunch of scoundrels! Those delinquents attempted to rob my house and my daughter was at home! Poor Eleanor was killed because she caught them red-handed.”
Eleanor: “I’m sorry to have brought that up.”
Malcolm: “You better be! Oh, apologies. I’m just so worked up.”
Shawn: “Shawn to everyone. I think we have to find eight objects like a horseshoe, a book, cats…what is that thing?”
Eleanor: “Alright, we’re starting!”
Malcolm: “But we’re getting nowhere. Whose bright idea was it to let him man everything?”


Malcolm: “Wait, he said cats right? I think those are the cats he was referring to!”


Eleanor: “Okay, I’ll call him. Go find the camera and pose. I’ll continue looking around.”
Malcolm: “Why not you stay here?”
Eleanor: “You’re not going anywhere in this state! Eleanor to Shawn. We found some cats. Can you see us? Over.”
Shawn: “No. I think the pinhole cameras are hard to find. Over.”
Eleanor: “Okay, note that Malcolm will be with the cats. I’ll go find the other objects. Over.”

***


Moxie: “Alright. You’re a PI. You do your job.”
Bonnie: “You need to help too. Search for any of the objects Shawn listed.”
Moxie: “It’s so vague!”


Bonnie: “Okay, we need to scan every corner. It’s quite dark in here so keep your eyes peeled.”
Moxie: “Yeah, yeah.”
Bonnie: “Did Shawn say anything about a figurine on a pedestal?”
Moxie: “You’re asking me? Ask him!”


Bonnie: “Bonnie to Shawn. Can you see a figurine? Over.”
Shawn: “Figurine? Nope, nothing related to figurines at all. Over.”

***


Herb: “I’m getting dizzy.”
Donovan: “This looks like something producers would do to trick us. Quick! Call Shawn!”
Herb: “Herb to Shawn. Are there any statues with mirrors nearby? Over.”
Shawn: “No mirrors or statues, over.”


Donovan: “Then let’s hurry!”
Herb: “Wait for me!”
Donovan: “You’re so slow! I don’t know why I partnered with you!”














Herb: “That man has got to learn some respect. There’s no way he’s going to be a good husband if he’s so insulting and impulsive. He needs to slow down and learn to care for others.”

***


Zachary: “I really hope that we can earn some points.”
Lisa: “Lisa to Shawn. Do you see any plants?”


 
Shawn: “Plants? It’s dark, but yes I do! You’re supposed to find…something. It’s so dark. It looks like a horseshoe but I’m not sure. It’s hidden.”


Lisa: “Okay let’s start searching for something!”

Lisa: “Oh my god it’s a fire in a capsule!”


Donovan: “I hear a fire alarm! What’s going on? Woah!”
Lisa: “Oh, I should have been more careful than to touch the capsule!”


Zachary: “I found an extinguisher!”


Moxie: “What is that noise and that smoky smell?”
Bonnie: “Lisa! Quick, pass me that extinguisher!”


 
Donovan: “Phew.”
Eleanor: “We’re wasting valuable time. We only have about forty minutes left.”


Lisa: “I destroyed evidence, didn’t I? This mission must be over now.”
Bonnie: “Sigh…what matters is that you’re safe.”
Zachary: “I refuse to believe that it’s over! Let’s continue and do our best!”














Lisa: “Who thought to put a fire in a capsule in here anyway? Those things are dangerous! Zachary wasn’t comforting at all. He chose to pretend as if nothing happened.”


Shawn: “Okay guys. I’m looking at the TV and it seems that the plants are still intact. So you were at the wrong plant.”
Zachary: “What a relief!”


Bonnie: “Let’s go.”
Lisa: “I don’t want to anymore. Not in this state.”
Zachary: “Just pretend that nothing happened! Where’s your resilience? We can win something! No way will we let 200 points go down the drain!”
Lisa: “Fine. Let’s go that way.”


 
Zachary: “Zachary to Shawn. There are colourful flowers here.”
Shawn: “Wrong plant. Nothing colourful about them. Over.”

***


Eleanor: “Hmm…moving furniture, eh? I can’t move any of the big items. They’re too heavy and it will be obvious. The Mole clearly wants me to sabotage. I think I’ll move this instead.”


Eleanor: “This is so nerve-wracking! Fortunately nobody is here.”


Eleanor: “Alright I’ll just dump it here. Hopefully nobody notices it missing.”

***


Shawn: “Shawn to Malcolm. I still can’t see you. Over.”
Malcolm: “I’ve walked everywhere nearby already!”


Malcolm: “Wait! I see three more cats! Are the cats surrounded by whiteboards, Shawn? Over.”
Shawn: “Nope. It’s hung on a wall I think. Over.”


Malcolm: “Then this is the one! Can you see me? Over.”
Shawn: “Yes! I see you! Good job!”
Malcolm: “My job is done. I hope the others don’t screw things up.”

***


Moxie: “Hey there’s something behind this banner.”
Shawn: “Moxie to Shawn! I see your side! You’re at the right place! Just turn around and pose!”

Moxie: “Like this?”
Shawn: “Perfect! Over!”

Bonnie: “You stay here while I go find the rest of the objects.”
Moxie: “Don’t screw things up.”

“30 minutes left!”

***

Donovan: “Don to Shawn. I see a lot of black and white balloons. Over.”
Shawn: “Balloons? I’m not sure. But I see black and white. And a little bluish thing. Over.”


Herb: “Is this the place?”
Donovan: “I’m not sure…but I see something bluish! I think it is!”

Herb: “Be careful not to pop the balloons, Don.”
Donovan: “Yeah, yeah.”
Shawn: “Shawn to Don. I see your back! Turn around and pose! Over.”


Shawn: “Shawn to Don! We’ve got it! Over and out.”
Donovan: “Good. Can you take my place Herb?”
Herb: “Why?”
Donovan: “I just don’t trust you. You’re too slow.”
Herb: “Your rashness won’t get us anywhere. I can do something. Let me be useful.”
Donovan: “…Fine. Sara said not to bicker too much on screen.”













Shawn: “Things got very confusing and heated, especially as time drew closer. Everyone was panicking and talking at once, it was so confusing! I didn’t know who was talking. If the command is not uttered or wrong command, then it gets worse. And the dark lighting made it difficult. Maybe it’s just bad luck that I’m put in charge of this mission.”

***


Zachary: “Zachary to Shawn. Are we at the right spot? Ugh, he’s not responding!”
Lisa: “Lisa to Shawn. Can you hear us?”
Shawn: “Who the hell…heaven is talking?”
Lisa: “Lisa!”
Zachary: “Zachary!”
Shawn: “Too many are talking at once!”


Zachary: “Ugh, we’re not getting through!”
Lisa: “Let’s just make a decision. He said it was a dark horseshoe. And we see that.”
Zachary: “Two of them. Which to choose?”
Shawn: “Guys, wait! Zachary, Lisa, I think you guys are at the right spot! I see Lisa’s back!”
Lisa: “Oh finally. I guess that settles which one.”


Zachary: “Okay, who will pose? You said you wanted to stop.”
Lisa: “But I’m a good detective. I think I’ll be able to find the remaining objects faster than you.”
Zachary: “The problem is you’re burnt black! It’s going to be hard to see you!”
Lisa: “That’s racist.”
Zachary: “I can do it. Let me have a go.”
Lisa: “…Fine. I’ll pose.”


Shawn: “Shawn to Lisa. Perfect! Over.”

Zachary: “Shawn, are there any gnomes on white surfaces? Shawn? Shawn! Ugh. I’ll have to do it myself then.”
Shawn: “Wait! Who was at the dark thing and that other dark thing again?”
Zachary: “Can you be more specific?”
Shawn: “Guys! Guys! Listen to me! Some of you moved from your original positions! Your faces need to be seen all at the same time in order for us to get points!”


Bonnie: “Bonnie to Shawn. I see a blue stripy Frisbee in a corner. Over.”
Shawn: “Yes I hear you Bonnie. There’s a blue Frisbee in a corner too! I think you got it!”


“10 minutes left!”

***

Eleanor: “Eleanor to Shawn. Do you see a tissue surrounded by boxes? Hello? Hello? You really can’t depend on Shawn.”


 
Zachary: “Zachary Douffet to Shawn Munk! Can you see a gnome? Or many gnomes? Can you see me? Why is he ignoring me? Oh, I bet this must be it. There are so many white gnomes, perhaps to trick us! I feel so smart, heh.”


Shawn: “Shawn to Bonnie. Are you there? I don’t see you. Over.”
Bonnie: “Bonnie to Shawn. I’ve been pacing around the Frisbee. How can you not see me?”
Shawn: “Someone just ran past!”
Bonnie: “I’m not at the right place. There must be another one!”


 
Herb: “So many Frisbees. Herb to Shawn. Do we have to find a Frisbee? Over.”
Shawn: “Yes! A blue stripy one!”
Herb: “There are three blue stripy ones!”


Shawn: “Guys! Guys! Oh, what the heaven is that red thing on the floor?”


 
Zachary: “Shawn Munk. You were ignoring me!”
Shawn: “I was? Sorry. I was just stressed.”


Zachary: “Wait, do I see something on that computer screen?”


Shawn: “Who was at the black and white and blue thingy? Answer me! Please!”


Donovan: “Chaos is ensuing. I need to find Herb.”


 
Bonnie: “Bonnie to Shawn. Are there books to be found? Over.”
Shawn: “Books? Yes! White and Pink! Over.”
Bonnie: “Is that pink white pink or white pink pink? Over.”
Shawn: “White is on top, the bottom two are pink. It looks elevated, not on the floor. Over.”


Bonnie: “I’ve got it then!”
Shawn: “Shawn to Bonnie. Tilt a little, over.”
Eleanor: “Oh I see you found something.”
Bonnie: “Eleanor, could you take my place? Wait! Nevermind. She left already.”














Bonnie: “It was chaotic. People refused to obey instructions. I know the instructions came from Shawn, but still, they should have listened and stayed put! With the time counting down, I was really worried that 200 points would just fly away like that.”

***


“5 minutes left!”
Zachary: “Argh! But I see something…it looks like a chair!”


Zachary: “Oh there it is!”
Shawn: “Zachary! You found it! Who knew it was behind me all along?”
Zachary: “Okay, I need to pose now. Am I at the right angle, Shawn? Shawn! Could you look at the computer for a moment and not the TV?”
Shawn: “I only have one pair of eyes! Er, face me.”

***

Eleanor: “Eleanor to Shawn, over. Wait, oops.”


***

Donovan: “Herb! There you are! Go take my place.”
Herb: “Why did you leave?”
Donovan: “Go! NOW!”
Herb: “Alright. Don’t need to yell.”
“And time’s up!”
Herb: “Too late.”


Donovan: “You Mole! Why couldn’t you have run? Or walked faster?”
Herb: “Oh, you’re blaming me now.”


 
Donovan: “…Sorry, I was just too worked up.”

***




“The mission has ended, with 0 points in the pot. The pot now has 100/400 points. Out of the eight objects, six were found, but only three were seen on the screens when the time was up. Go back and prepare for the quiz and execution.”


“Oh, there was a photo of the Mole in this room, but it was missed.”














Lisa: “There was a photo of the Mole? I’m shocked. I should have let Zachary pose then while I went to find that photo! That would be invaluable evidence to crack the case of who the Mole is!”



These are the eight objects to be found.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!