Thursday 11 May 2017

30.17-Have it your way


Last episode, Sebastian was executed. Before that, the final 6 were split into the liars and the lie detectors. For the first round, Joseph, Danielle and Hazel lied, but only Esther pointed it out correctly, thus earning 10/30 points. In the second round, Joseph claimed he was not the Mole while Hazel and Danielle both claimed they were. The other half felt that all were lying again, so do they earn the 40 points? Or is the pot really at 340/1000 points?

***
Day 35


"Good morning. Congratulations on being the final five. For your next mission, you five can get to decide whether or not to get an exemption. There will be an interview if more than one contestant applies, However, there is an application fee of 20 points. You can earn 100 points if nobody applies."


"The exemption holder may also get to deal with the Mole."


Hazel: "Let's just tuck in first."


Joseph: "I've been denied an exemption so many times. It's time I get one."


Sylvester: "By Mole, do they mean Mole or Mole's Accomplice?"
"Mole. We will not reveal the existence or lack thereof of a Mole's Accomplice."


Danielle: "What is the point? Actually, maybe if we ask about their strategy and sabotages, we can ascertain if they are still in the game."


Danielle: "I bet they won't reveal the Mole's identity though, so there must be a catch."
Esther: "I'm not going to clean that up for you, just saying. I'm no longer cleaning up for anyone other than myself."
Hazel: "Fine. Nobody needs your help, old hag."


Joseph: "Oh my god."
Esther: "Did you just hear her?"
Joseph: "No, I wasn't listening. Sylvester, there's a spider on your shoulder!"


Sylvester: "You're scared of that?"


Esther: "I still want to keep my breakfast in, please. No talk about insects or arachnids. Can't believe they exist in such a posh place. Strangely enough, I still feel hungry..."

***


Sylvester: "There has to be an accomplice. I want to know who it is."


Hazel: "Why do I have to be with you?"
Esther: "Either that, or you walk. I don't want any ungrateful souls in my car."


Joseph: "So, Dani...can you give up the exemption for me? I really want an exemption and I haven't gotten one yet."
Danielle: "That means you're on the right track and don't need it."
Joseph: "It's still nice to have some security. And one less competitor means higher chances."

***


"You may enter when you feel like it. You may not try to influence one another."


Sylvester: "I'm going in."


Sylvester: "I want the exemption."


Hazel: "I am going in too. Bye."


Joseph: "But Sylvester just went in. It hasn't been five minutes."


Joseph: "Another 20 points gone."


Hazel: "Where do I pay the interview fee?"


Danielle: "Anyone else? I'm still considering."


Esther: "Typical bratty child...Not trying to influence anyone here, ahem, but perhaps I shall go in and then share my findings."


Esther: "Hope she got the hint. I'm not going to pass up a chance for safety. I still need ,ore time to find out the new Mole."


Joseph: "So..."
Danielle: "Erm...I don't think I'm going in. If not we walk home with nothing. I feel quite confident right now. How about you?"


Joseph: "Sorry. I just need it. I can feel it in my bones."


Joseph: "Oh, hi guys."
Sylvester: "Don't tell me Dani is coming in too."


"Danielle, are you going to apply?"
Danielle: "No. I can't. I'm not letting us go home empty handed. The pot is pathetic enough as it is."
"Very well. 20/100 points now have been earned, making the pot 360/1100 points."


"Thank you for applying for the exemption. Only one of you will get it, however. You will be called one by one into the Blue Room where an interview will be conducted. Until you have been called, please wait here."


"Esther Chance, please enter the Blue Room."


Esther: "You can do this."


Esther: "Just show them you really want it."


Esther: "Cute cat pictures aren't really helping right now."


Esther: "I remember the last interview I had over ten years ago. I got the job, and it was high paying. But when I got pregnant I quit to look after my child full-time. I thought that my husband, being the sole breadwinner, would still be able to provide us a cushy life. Then his business failed. It was the worst time of my life. I don't know if I married the right guy...sorry, I got carried away. Usually for the interviews I go to, I'm informed about them beforehand and can research and do adequate preparation. This...I had to think on my feet."


Esther: "Oh, a video interview or whatever it's called."


Hazel: "I wonder how it'll go."
Joseph: "I haven't been interviewed for a while. I need to come up with answers to common interview questions."

"Esther, tell me about yourself."
Esther: "I am Esther Chance. I have...some years of auditing experience and I was previously a banker before I quit to take care of my children...I am a diligent and hardworking individual and am also very meticulous...what else?"
"Okay, moving on."


"Why do you think you deserve the exemption?"
Esther: "Well, I am hardworking. I made notes of everything about everyone to be careful. So I played very hard and am very serious about the game. I hardly sabotage so I'm not a likely suspect, which puts me at a disadvantage, so I need to exemption so that you don't lose a valuable player like me."


"Can you tell me about a time when you were in a position to sabotage but didn't?"
Esther: "Such a loaded question. I refuse to answer that."


"Very well. The exemption, as you can see, is in front of you. Can you tell me more about exemptions?"
Esther: "Seriously? Sorry, well, exemptions are used to make us, well exempt. You can earn them during missions and they will keep you safe for the upcoming execution."

Some questions later...


"Thank you for your time, Esther. You may leave now."
Esther: "Wasn't the best experience I had."


Esther: "I'm not working for this company if it was real."


Sylvester: "That was short."
Hazel: "How was it?"
Esther: "I'm not helping my rivals. You'll find out when you go in."


"Sylvester Lindon, you may enter now."


Hazel: "I'm thirsty."


Hazel: "I should get a soda."


Hazel: "A good soda keeps me company."


Hazel: "This is refreshing."


"Tell me about yourself."
Sylvester: "I am Sylvester Lindon. I am 29 years old. I have plenty of leadership experience. I am able to rally others to a common cause like earning points."


"Can you tell me more about a time you led a group while on the Smole?"
Sylvester: "Sure. I can give you two. I'll first talk about the time I orchestrated a coup of sorts to get rid of the Mole a Angel Stewart. It was difficult because there were a few supporters who were unwilling to listen, but I managed to get rid of them and have most listen to me. Another time was when I organized everyone for that mission..."


"I'll have to stop you there. Are you a good listener?"
Sylvester: "How is this relevant? I'll answer it anyway. I can listen. I'm a good listener. Like that time...like I listen to instructions and briefings on the mission, and...I'm listening to you now, aren't I?"


Sylvester: "I bombed this mission...I can fail but I've never not succeeded in important times. I felt so miserable after that question. That's not me. How could I stammer?"

Some questions later...


"Thank you Sylvester."
Sylvester: "Did I do okay?"


"You may leave now."
Sylvester: "Fine. Have it your way."


Joseph: "I've never seen you so lost and not composed before. Must have been pretty bad, huh?"
Sylvester: "I don't want to talk about it."


Hazel: "Gotta psych myself up."


Hazel: "My face looks fine, right?"


Hazel: "I can do this."


Hazel: "Okay, now time to relax."
"Hazel Jessicarnation, you may enter the Blue Room now."


"Tell me why you joined the Smole."
Hazel: "I came here for a fun experience, but now I just want to win and I'm willing to do anything it takes to get it. In the past I was foolish to think that I can make it to the end as a goody-two-shoes. I know better now."


"Tell me about a time you sabotaged."
Hazel: "Gladly. In the previous mission I told a perfect lie that fooled Sebastian, costing 10 points. They underestimated me which made it easier to wreck a bit here and there."


"What is your favourite experience on the Smole?"
Hazel: "Oh, I really liked everything. The house, the missions, the people...some of them. It's hard to pick a favourite. To answer that, I guess it would have to be getting to know Angel. She's like a nice grandma who took care of me, especially when I was homesick. I hope to have more of such experiences and the exemption will allow me to stay on."


"What are your weaknesses?"
Hazel: "Too trusting of others, I guess. I used to take whatever they said at face value and never doubted them. Why would they have reason to lie? Nobody lies in everyday conversations for fun. This was a wrong mentality to bring into the Smole, since one is always lying. I don't know how I'm still here really, but I hope to stay on."

Some questions later...


"Thank you Hazel."
Hazel: "Thank you. Have a good day."


Hazel: "Good luck Joseph...or not."


"Joseph Phine, please enter the Blue Room."


"Joseph, tell me something interesting about yourself."
Joseph: "Hmm, I have to think about that. I inherited my family business, but that caused me to drift further from my brother. But recently I found a new topic to bring up, so hopefully it can bring us closer."


"What steps have you done to ensure you make the most of your time on the Smole?"
Joseph: "Eh, well...I went on a date with Dani? And I formed a coalition with most of the men in the house. Sylvester always wants us to follow him but I realise how he may not always be right or he could even be the Mole. So I don't completely listen to him...am I on point? Did I answer your question?"


"How badly do you want the exemption?"
Joseph: "Very. I told them I wanted the exemption in the mirror mission but they chose to not give it to me or anyone. What a waste. Then last mission, I was the only liar to not get an exemption for my effort. I don't think it's fair that Esther earned points AND an exemption. So this time I have to get it, I had so many missed opportunities before and I'm not willing to let another one slip by, even if it comes at a hefty price."


"How many points from the pot are you willing to sacrifice for the exemption?"
Joseph: "I don't actually have to pay from the pot, do I? Because if so, I'm going to have to say 0. I already paid 20 points this mission. That's expensive."

Some questions later...


"Thank you Joseph for your time."


Danielle: "After each contestant was done with the exemption, they came back out. I spoke to Esther about what the mission was, since she was the first out."


Joseph: "I hope I did well."


"After much deliberation, the exemption will be awarded to..."




















































"Hazel!"
Hazel: "Yay!"
"Please enter the Blue Room to collect your exemption."


Hazel: "They even wrapped it in a nice envelope."


Hazel: "I'm super happy that I convinced them that I should get it."


"Hazel, there is an offer for you. You can either take the exemption and leave, or you can choose to trade an exemption to hear the Mole's strategy coming into the game."


Hazel: "No way in hell would I give my exemption up. I don't need the strategy. I'm outta here."

***
BLOOPERS

Danielle: "So this is what the interview room looks like."


Danielle: "You know, I think this will provide a great backdrop for a photoshoot."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!