Sunday 28 May 2017

31.02-Triple Agent


Previously, eight contestants had to gather together for their first mission, which was to decipher an encrypted message for 100 points. Thanks to Sydney and Angie, they managed to decrypt and give the correct answer just in the nick of time. Did the Mole play a part? And how will the group dynamics change once everyone starts trying to figure out which side everyone else is on?

***


Sydney: "And then I wonder why their skin is so yellow. Like, do they bathe themselves in cooking oil?"


Jacob: "Don't be so bad to Max."


Sydney: "It's just a joke. Lighten up, mate."
Jacob: "I love a good joke or two but you've gon a little too far this time, missus."


Angie: "Lena, I hope to be able to form a coalition with you."
Lena: "Why?"


Angie: "Statistically, we would have a higher chance of winning if we have a coalition. More eyes to see with."


Lena: "Hmm, the game is better played with two heads than one."


Lena: "I'll accept but on one condition. You tell me your role. Evil organisation or underground resistance."
Angie: "And you tell me yours."
Lena: "Deal."


Angie: "I'm from Mercucorp."


Lena: "Can I trust you?"
Angie: "I wouldn't lie to my coalition. That's too much work."
Lena: "Okay. Then I'm from the resistance."


Lena: "Sydney's such a B. I bet she's from Mercucorp."


Angie: "We'll have to dig deeper to find out."


Aaron: "Tell me your latest project."


Melvin: "I'm developing a happy bubble with my team. Everyone who steps inside lives in their own bubble and is happy."


Aaron: "That sounds frightful. Why would we want to abandon the world?"


Melvin: "This world is full of suffering and evil people. People are the root of all evil. If we don't interact with anyone else and live in our own utopia, then the world will be a better place."


Aaron: "That sounds extremely lonely. And what if some people's idea of happiness is suffering?"


Melvin: "Then...at least they won't actually be harming anybody else since they're all trapped in their own bubble."
Aaron: "Trapped?"


Melvin: "Yes. Once you step in you can't get out."


Aaron: "Why wouldn't you develop an exit mechanism?"
Melvin: "Why would anybody want to leave their happy place?"
Aaron: "What if there's a malfunction?"
Melvin: "We'll do rigorous testing before we finally seal that door."


Sydney: "The quiz is coming soon...I think I've got my suspect figured out."


Angie: "Why don't they have a stove here?"

***

Angie: "I don't know if I can trust Lena's words. The fact that she assumed I could be lying suggests that she may be thinking of doing the same. I won't try to guess anyone's role right now. Not yet."


Lena: "I trust Angie when she said she's from Mercucorp. So I'm going to say that Angie is from Mercucorp. Hopefully I'm right."

***

Quiz time.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: Does the Mole speak with an accent?
A: Yes
B: No


Q3: Does the Mole sleep in the all-male room or the all-female room?
A: All-male
B: All-female
C: Neither


Q4: When briefed on Mission 1, did the Mole sit on the two-seater or one-seater?
A: Two-seater
B: One-seater


Q5: In Mission 1, what did the Mole do?
A: Decode the message mentally
B: Write down things
C: Read up on Egyptian history
D: Search the web
E: The Mole did none or more than one of these things


Q6: In Mission 1, was the Mole seen near the plaque?
A: Yes
B: No


Q7: In Mission 1, did the Mole think the message was about the death of a pharoah?
A: Yes
B: No


Q8: Did the Mole suggest what letter a picture represented in Mission 1?
A: Yes
B: No


Q9: Is the Mole from Mercucorp or the resistance?
A: Mercucorp
B: Resistance

Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Lena Estenson
B: Aaron Nigel Forrester
C: Jacob Jacobson
D: Giselle Onkat
E: Angie Reese
F: Sydney Wellington
G: Melvin Willis
H: Qun Zhao



Aaron: "I don't really care who goes home first, as long as it's not me."

***


"Welcome to your first ever execution ceremony. Don't question how you got here, but ponder if you get to stay."


"One by one, your names will be called. Enter the room in front of you and open the sacrophagus. If it's empty, you're safe. If there's a mummy, good luck to you."
Melvin: "Eep!"
"And you're also executed in that case."


"Who wants to go first?"
Melvin: "I'll do it. I want to get this over and done with."


"Melvin Willis, please open the sacrophagus."
Lena: "Good luck!"





























Sydney: "Now I have a view."
Jacob: "Sydney! Don't be so rude, man."


Melvin: "Gulp. Here goes nothing."






















































Melvin: "Why is this so hard to pry open?"



























Melvin: "Hello?"





























Melvin: "Gosh, it's dark in here..."




























Melvin: "I don't see anything...but this gives me inspiration on how to fine-tune the happy bubble."





























Aaron: "He's out!"


Melvin: "I survived!"


Giselle: "I would've thought he would leave first."


"Zhao Qun."
Max: "Nothing to be afraid of."








































































































Max: "I am safe."


Sydney: "F***. He really is smart."


Sydney: "Can I go next?"




















































Sydney: "Nothing...woohoo!"


Giselle: "Did she just say what I thought she just said?"
"Angie Reese."
Angie: "Here I go..."


























Angie: "I'm safe. Phew."


"Lena Estenson."


Lena: "Wish me good luck guys."


Lena: "I've never raided a tomb IRL before."


Lena: "How did Lara Croft do it?"


Lena: "Alright, just treat this as a game."












































































Lena: "Nothing's in here. I'm safe!"


Lena: "Wait, why is that door opening?"


Lena: "Oh my gosh..."


Lena: "Where did he come from? It's physically impossible for him to come out from...unless we're in a game!"


Lena: "Alright buster. I'm not staying for long."


Lena: "Aah!"


Aaron: "Oh, she's got it."
Max: "Bad luck."


"Lena Estenson, you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Lena: "I can't believe I'm the first one out. I had a strategy all planned out. I made sure to play safe and spread first, so I don't know what went wrong. Perhaps it's that added layer of strategy, the twist. Could Angie have lied to me and cost me a penalty?"


Lena: "No use crying over spilled milk now. Good luck all! Oh, and one more thing. I'm from the resistance."

***




8 down to 7 with Lena the gamer out of the way. Did Angie really lie about her identity?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!