Sunday 9 June 2019

45.01-Become the winner


Welcome to the 45th season of the Smole! This season we have 10 ex-finalists joinin us for a journey of sabotage and deceit. These ten finalists were so close, yet so far. Narrowly missing out on the win, the ten of them have been given another chance to claim the grand prize with their biggest foe out of the way. However, one of them will now take on a different role: the Mole. The others must find out who this Mole is before they get executed. If they make it to the end, they would have a shot of winning the points they earned from missions. Who will rise up and become the winner this time?



This season, we return to a familiar neighbourhood: Sunset Valley. Ten familiar faces will grace this house, but not all get to stay the entire duration.


Bloom: "It's tradition for the Phines to join the Smole now. I've proven that I'm better than my sister; now I'll prove that I'm better than everyone else."

~~~


“Yes! No sweat at all!”

“What the? Magazines? Hey, there’s a secret compartment down here…”

~~~


Katelyn: "I'm collecting placements. Third, fifth...and now first place."

~~~

Katelyn: “Romeo! Wait!”


Romeo: “What is it?”
Katelyn: “You’ve got to tell me who you think this Mole is. I mean, I told you mine!”


Romeo: “You told me it was you, which meant I mistrusted you. Not that I could trust you or anyone in this house anyway.”

Katelyn: “I feel so hurt! How could you Romeo! Fine! Be like that! Maybe you’re the Mole yourself!”

~~~


Apollo: "From last to finalist...and then to first. That will keep the fans talking about me."

~~~


Matthew: “We need to eliminate our last threats, Henrietta, then Diana. Then we will win, like that.”



Apollo: “No, I will win! But do you think any of them could be the Mole? I’m thinking it’s that s**t Diana. How would she have made it so far?”
Matthew: “You have a point there.”



Henrietta: “Hi guys. Mind if I join?”
Apollo: “Um, no, you idiot?”
Henrietta: “But…”



Matthew: “You’re in a coalition with both of us behind each other’s backs? Well, that doesn't warrant you anything.”

Apollo: “You can go sleep with the fish, because Season 4 will win!”

~~~


Brianna: "Winning is in my name. It was disappointing for me to lose back in Season 6 but now that I have a second chance, I'm not going to let the victory slip from me again."

~~~


Brianna: “Kenneth…”
Kenneth: “What is it?”
Brianna: “I think we should call off our coalition.”
Kenneth: “What? Why?”
Brianna: “We’re already that close to the finals…having a coalition will just burden us and hinder us from winning.”
Kenneth: “So you think that I’m a burden?”
Brianna: “No, it’s just that I want to win, and from here on it’s every Sim for himself or herself.”



Brianna: “I've done my part. Now it’s your turn to change him.”

~~~


Jo: "My family was a powerful source of motivation. That was enough to bring me to the finale in Season 12. I will carry that spirit with me again."

~~~




Dominic: “For you Jo.”
Jo: “A gift? Thanks!”


Jo: “What is it?”
Dominic: “All your albums. I specifically bought them because I’m your fan and brought them here. Now, I’m giving them back to you. I hope you’ll return to your roots and re-ignite that passion for singing. Your voice is heavenly and it is a shame if you switch to acting and stop singing entirely.”

Jo: “Why, thanks. I don’t know what to say.”

~~~


Guillermo: "I've been a Mole and a runner-up. I'm made for the finals so you can bet I'll be there once again."

~~~


Guillermo: “Yeah! Who’s the man? Guillermo’s the man!”

~~~


Max: "It was a huge embarrassment for me when I learned that I had gotten into the finale by luck and not skill. I was mocked relentlessly upon returning home. Now I'm here again to show that I have what it takes to find the Mole and win by skill."

~~~


Sydney: "We're getting nowhere with this."



Max: "Let me prove myself."



Sydney: "No, let us win. Now I know why you've been put off the Olympics. You don't f***** understand the meaning of teamwork. This isn't about proving you're better than anyone else, mate. It's about working together to achieve a common goal. If this was real and we had to really save Angie, she'd be dead by now. And it'd be your fault. Prove yourself? Prove to me that you actually listen to others."

~~~


James: "There were too many things on my mind the last time I played. I've settled my private affairs and am now fully devoted to the game. Nothing can distract me from victory this time."

~~~


James: "I want her to ask me how my day went. I want her to remind me to eat breakfast.”



James: “You said it would fade. Can you tell me why, why I feel so much pain right now?" 



James: "It hurts." 



James: "It hurts so much to even breathe."


James: "Just what am I afraid of?"


Felix: "I think you should tell her how you really feel."



Felix: "Leave no regrets."

~~~


Bryan: "I aim high. I'm not going to settle for less. Winner, or nothing."

~~~


Bryan: "What...oh...oh my god."



Bryan: "Did that just explode?"
Sylvester: "It's been smoldering for too long."



Bryan: "You wanted to prove yourself to the world, right? Get a promotion? Well, now's your chance."
Sylvester: "Gulp...We have to save Paris."



Sylvester: "Come on. We're both scared like hell. But we have to do this. It's the right thing to do. She's counting on us. The world is counting on us."
Bryan: "We'll be heroes. Everyone will know us as the brave saviors."

~~~



Kelly: "The Smole has pushed me and moulded me to be a better woman. Unfortunately real life got in the way. I'm glad to have another chance and I'm not going down without a fight."

~~~


Kelly: "I applied to prove Chase and the rest wrong. That I could still be a student at 50. That I'm not some stupid worthless boor who's not compatible for her smart uni-grad son."


Kelly: "But now, after hearing about what happened to Loretta...I'm not doing it for her or for anyone any more. There's no point in that. I guess I just didn't realise I'd let go of the hate already. Everything I'm doing now is for myself. It's about what I want and not what others think about me."

~~~

*
*
*

The contestants are gathered in the living room of the house they would be staying in, hopefully for the next few weeks. Introductions are in order.


Brianna: "Hi everyone. I'm Brianna McWinner of Season 6. I'm all fired up to win especially since I lost my last season. None of you will stand a chance with me here."


Guillermo: "Big talk there. I'm Guillermo Ichtaca. I was the Mole in Season 10 and the runner-up in Season 13. I am prepared to think like a Mole and win like a contestant. I have an advantage over all of you which will ensure a smooth journey for me."


James: "I am James Christian Sol from Season 34. I had to deal with two Moles. This season will be a walk in the park. I suggest that you cut your losses and quit while you're ahead. It'll be embarrassing for you otherwise."


Max: "You guys can call me Max. I'm a pro weightlifter from China. You know I'll give it my all. Having a season full of formidable veterans is just up my alley. I'm not going to back down from a challenge."


Bryan: "I am Bryan Seacrest for the unacquainted. I'm always used to knowing how the show will run so coming back to the Smole is like returning to your childhood home. It's a nice change and I'm looking for a stimulating experience. Don't underestimate what I can do...or do."


Bloom: "I hope you didn't forget this face. If you did, I'll make sure you remember it this time. I came from the very first season when nobody knew what to expect. I'm highly adaptable and an exemption magnet. If you haven't realised yet, the Smole pioneers tend to win."


Kelly: "My name is Kelly Hoggart. I run a gym and am single but not looking for a partner. I'm focused on winning the season. Last time there was that stupid twist that got in my way which I;m sure they won't use again this time. This means that I'll get a fair chance this time. I'm going to show you what I'm truly capable of."


Katelyn: "Yo. I'm Katelyn Missoni. I have the most experience here..."
Apollo: "Oi! You're forgetting me."
Katelyn: "Oh right. But anyway, I've been in three seasons. I can tell that y'all will be great fun. If you're not, toodles, you're going home 'cause I'm not! I didn't fly all the way here for nothing!"


Apollo: 'No introductions are needed. Forget that dumb bitch beside me. I'm the one with the most experience. I climbed from last place to the finale. I've shown that I can do this, and I'll do it again. There's only one way up, and that's to the winner's circle."


Jo: "I'm Jo Lin. I came to the Smole to avenge my sister Zoe and I did. She later did quite well herself in a separate season. I'm not as competitive as the rest of you but rest assured I will do my utmost best in this game."


"Contestants, you are surrounded by familiar surroundings and Sims. Arguably, the missions you will take part in this season are also not new to the Smole. However, that would make things too easy. You are finalists, not first boots. This season, there is another twist. We are going to reinvent the concept of exemptions. So far, you know exemptions as those little tokens that keep you safe from execution. This season, you will be introduced to various kinds of exemptions. Which kinds? You will see for yourself throughout the season. For now, settle in and get some sustenance, because your very first mission will take a lot from you."

***


Jo: "Aren't exemptions just used to save us? How will they revamp it? I hope it doesn't make exemptions harder to get or less powerful. Maybe new exemptions will only half-exempt us, like 5 corrections."

***


Bryan: "You heard the host...that still sounds weird. But anyway, I learned how to make waffles recently. I'll whip it up. Anyone else wants one?"


Jo: "I do!"


Katelyn: "Why cook when you can order pizza? Look, it's on speed dial."


Jo: "But then there may be too much food. Are you sure we can finish it all?"


Katelyn: "Hello? Pizza Place? I'd like to order your signature Double Crust McJumbo Ultra-Value Chunky Pizza."


Katelyn: "Yes, deliver it to the Smole house. Where? Uh...one of my agents will get in touch with you. He'll also pay. Just make the pizza."


Katelyn: "Oh drats! I forgot to specify no anchovies!"
Jo: "Since when do you have an agent?"
Katelyn: "The producers are my agents. They've got to pamper us like queens while we're here."


James: "Why did you accept? I don't think you'll make it very far."


James: "I watched your seasons and you were frankly unremarkable in them."


Guillermo: "What's your problem?"


James: "I just think that for a season like this, where the top of the pack fight against each other...you're not there yet."


Guillermo: "Don't be so uppity. Go ahead and underestimate me. We'll just have to wait and see."


Katleyn: "Hey gals. Whatchu all doing out here? Is it a secret gals' only coalition meeting? Why wasn't I invited?"


Brianna: "It's not...though that's not a bad idea."
Kelly: "Yes it is. We're essentially inviting half the crowd to be a part of this coalition. The odds of one of us being the Mole is too high."


Bloom: "Man, the new generation of contestants have really grown soft."
Kelly: "I just don't like playing with fire."


Brianna: "She can choose not to join, but I'm willing to do what it takes to win. What do you say? The three of us single-digit-season finalists work together?"

***


Kelly: "Everyone here is so cocky. And they're not even the winners. What gives them the right to be so arrogant?"

***


Bryan: "The waffles are ready."


Autumn: "Ding dong."


Katelyn: "Yay the pizza's here! Took you long enough."
Autumn: "Well your agent took forever to contact us again and sounded pretty reluctant that he was forced by you to order pizza...hey, what about the money?"
Katelyn: "Claim it from the cameraman."


Apollo: "I couldn't wait around for the pizza to come so I took the waffles first."


Katelyn: "Come and get your pizza!"


Katelyn: "Smells heavenly...and no anchovies! This pizza parlour knows what its doing."


Bloom: "Well, I'm not one to say no to pizza."


Bloom: "Guys...there's something hard in the pizza. It's a tiny capsule with a letter on it. Mine says 'A'."


James: "What is that supposed to mean?"
Guillermo: "That's incredibly unsafe. What if we choke on them?"
James: "Choking hazards are only applicable to children aged 5 and under. I guess you really aren't suited for this show."


Max: "What's with the sarcasm?"
James: "I just don't think that some of you here are prepared to handle the heat."
Bryan: "Are you admitting something?"


James: "I plead the fifth. Now if you'd excuse me, I'll like to enjoy my pizza in peace. Not eating it, Kelly?"
Kelly: "I prefer something healthier."


Guillermo: "Yeah, I'm with Kelly on this one. Pizza in the morning doesn't sound like a good idea."


Max: "Ow! I bit something hard."


Max: "A capsule with the letter 'C'. Are we supposed to form a word with this? Is this our first mission?"


Brianna: "I have an C along with Max."
Jo: "Mine is 'B'."


Brianna: "What if we're actually supposed to pair up based on which letter we had? That means I'll be paired with you for the mission, Max."
Kelly: "What about those who took the waffles?"
Brianna: "Maybe you'll be randomly paired."

***


Brianna: "I figured out the meaning behind the capsules with the pizza. Each slice contained a capsule with a letter on it. Those with the same letters were paired together. I was with Max, Jo and James were together, Bloom and Katelyn, Bryan and Apollo and Guillermo and Kelly. I'm just curious to know how Katelyn knew to order pizza."

***


"Contestants, you have been paired according to what you ate. You also had the power to decide between the pair who would run first and who would be last."


"Your partners are on their way to Old Pier Beach. You have to run to your partner and high-five them. Only then can they begin their run to the finish line."


"Each pair that crosses the finish line in two hours will earn 20 points for the pot. The fastest pair would get a silver exemption. This exemption grants the holders the ability to use their exemption at any time. If you've seen Season 7, this should be familiar to you."


"On your marks, get set..."


"...go!"


Bloom: "Out of my way."
Artie: "Hey, no pushing!"


Artie: "Where are they running to? I'm curious to find out."


Bloom: "Shit. That stupid man blocked my path and now I'm lagging behind."


Jo: "If I can just maintain this I may have a shot at winning."

***


Jo: "I managed to get the lead ahead of everyone except for Bryan, but my stamina isn't as good as the rest and I found myself falling behind. The gap between me and Bryan kept widening despite my effort. Why is the first mission a physical one already?"

***


Bryan: "I think I see them."


Jo: "Huff...huff..."


Bryan: "Apollo, I'm right behind you."


Apollo: "That was fast."
Bryan: "Go go go!"


Brianna: "You better win."
Max: "Against them? Of course I will."

***


Max: "We could choose who would run the first part and who would run the second part. Brianna and I are both pretty fit so we decided that she would go first and then I'll give it the full sprint at the end. It seems like we made the right choice because the others in the second half of the race were nowhere near as fit."

***


Guillermo: "I believe in you Kelly. We're on good time."
Kelly: "I won't disappoint."


Bloom: "I can't believe I actually caught up to Jo."


James: "You hit my shoulder."


Jo: "Oh. Sorry."


Bloom: "What the..."
Katelyn: "How did we miss a high five?"


Bloom: "Doesn't matter. Let's try again."
Jo: "Sorry."


James: "Let's just try again."


James: "Why the hell are you aiming so high?"


Jo: "I...don't know?"


James: "You know what? Leave it to me. Follow my lead."


Jo: "At last."
James: "I can't believe we actually wasted time on high-fives."


Apollo: "My body isn't just for looks. I just need to maintain this speed and I'll have that exemption."


Max: "I need to catch up."


Max: "He's wasting his energy. He'll run out of steam soon enough."


Kelly: "If I want to be able to complete the course I should take a slow but steady pace."


James: "At least I'm not last."


Kelly: "Looks like I have to quicken the pace."


Max: "I'm closing in."


Apollo: "That exemption is mine!"
Max: "No, it's mine!"


Max: "I need to pull ahead."


Who will cross the finish line first?


They're neck and neck...


Apollo: "Huff...huff..."


Max: "He can't keep up any more. Now's my chance."


Max: "Yes!"


Max: "I crossed the finish line first!"


Max: "No kick."
Apollo: "You're...huff...a madman..."
"Congratulations. Max, you and Brianna get a silver exemption each. You also win 20 points as your time is 1 hour and 30 minutes. Apollo, your time is 1 hour and 31 minutes."


Katelyn: "I see it now."


"Katelyn, your time is 2 hours and 1 minute."
Apollo: "That...huff...exemption...huff...was supposed...huff...to be...mine!"


Apollo: "You stole...huff...you stole it from me!"
Max: "I won it fair and square. Don't be a sore loser."
Katelyn: "Apollo, why are you getting so worked up over it? It's just an exemption."


Apollo: "Give me the exemption!"
Max: "It's not transferable. I think you should take a break and cool off."


Max: "I can't stand sore losers. Are you insecure about going home first again?"


"James, your time is 2 hours and 19 minutes."
James: "Just my luck to be partnered with Jo."


Kelly: "I'm too old for this...no, that's negative talk."


Kelly: "I'm almost there...come on, I can do it."


Katelyn: "Woo! Go Kelly!"
Max: "You can do it!"


"Kelly, you took 2 hours and 45 minutes."


Kelly: "I'm beat...slow and steady worked...back in Season 41..."


Kelly: "At least...I did it..."


Only two pairs made it in time, so 40/100 points have been earned. Max and Brianna each have a silver exemption which they can use at any time. Will they use it immediately or will they hold it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!