Friday 28 June 2019

45.08-Not everybody can have their cake and eat it too


The last episode saw the contestants saving bears from blind shooters. Their selflessness led to 40/100 points in the pot as 4 bears were successfully brought out. This caused the pot to now be at 226/550 points, just over half of what they could have earned. Unfortunately, not all the contestants survived the shooting as James was the only one who walked out unscathed. Unwilling to take a risk, he stayed outside with his two exemptions. Which two did he get? Who will be executed next? Who is the Mole?



Jo: "I feel so blindsided. That paintball still hurts."


Kelly: "Which is why I'll never understand why youngsters like to play games that injure themselves."
Guillermo: "I think it was pretty fun."


Brianna: "Four bears were rescued and four were sacrificed. Where were the last two?"
Kelly: "What I'm more interested in is finding out if anyone got the black exemption."
Jo: "Who got the black exemption?"


James: "I did."


Brianna: "No way."
James: "Up to you if you want to believe it."


Brianna: "Why are the exemptions always between Max and him?"


Kelly: "You got an exemption too, don't forget."
Brianna: "That's not the point."


Guillermo: "James, you better not be lying to us."


Guillermo: "When do you plan on using the black exemption?"


Apollo: "This game is rigged. I bet you're the Mole. Why else are you the only one to get an exemption?"
James: "Because I'm competent. And to answer your question, Guillermo, it's entirely up to me. It shouldn't matter to you guys anyway since you don't have exemptions."
Jo: "How did you get past that last shooter?"


Guillermo: "If that shooter in front had the black exemption all along, I'd be so pissed."


Kelly: "James, it matters so that we know when we shouldn't play our exemptions if we get one. Besides, Brianna still has her silver exemption in her pocket."


Brianna: "Damn it. Why did you have to remind everyone?"
James: "Hmm, I guess I'll play it when I feel like it."


Brianna: "There's no way James will play it immediately. He's more likely to hold onto it."


Brianna: "Which means now is the best time to play my silver exemption if I want it to count."

***

James: "It seems that nobody knows that I have two exemptions. That's good for me. I have a bronze exemption but I think nobody expects me to play the black exemption now so maybe I should sacrifice the bronze exemption. Decisions, decisions..."

***


Max: "The good thing about my journal is that it's a mix of Simlish and Chinese so no thieves can understand."


Max: "Come in."


Guillermo: "Hey Max...you do ballet?"


Max: "Bloom does but not me. I use it to hang my clothes or some stretching."


Guillermo: "Interesting to note. But that's not why I'm here. I was thinking that we form a coalition."


Max: "Why should I work with you of all?"


Guillermo: "You can't win this game alone. You need more pairs of eyes to help you see. I happen to have two very good eyes. I'll never get too involved in missions to miss things of importance. Max, I think we can bring each other to the finale."


Max: "Well I hope that happens. It's a deal."

*
*
*


Brianna: "Apollo, Bloom said she would talk to you before the previous quiz. What did she talk to you about?"
Apollo: "She admired my beautiful body and wanted to get me into her bed."


Brianna: "Seriously? I wouldn't put it past her to flirt but I didn't expect her to be tasteless."


Apollo: "Tasteless? She has the best taste out of everyone here."


Brianna: "I hate men like you."
Apollo: "Then why work together with me?"


Brianna: "I didn't want to. Katelyn was the one who pulled you in."


Apollo: "In that case, I quit this coalition. Have fun working with...yourself."


Brianna: "If it was that easy to get rid of him, I would have done it a long time ago."

***

Brianna: "The Single Sters and Apollo coalition is officially over. Apollo left the coalition. I'm more comfortable working alone anyway. I trust myself more than anyone else. I can't believe we wasted so much time trying to get him out. Sometimes you catch more flies with vinegar than honey. Yes, I said that right."

***



Jo: "Oh! Sorry, didn't realise you were in here."
James: "It's fine. I was iust washing my hands."


Jo: "Oh...in that case, I'll be going back to my room."
James: "I never saw what your room looks like. Can I take a look?"


Jo: "Sure."


James: "You have a nice view of the house. This is arguably one of the best rooms."
Jo: "I suppose. I never use the balcony though."


Jo: "One thing I do like are the full-length windows. It feels so nice waking up to the call of nature."


James: "We're very different."
Jo: "We are."


Jo: "Is there anything else, James?"


James: "Nothing much. I just wanted to say good job in the mission."
Jo: "Is that sarcasm? I got shot on my way down."


James: "I mean it. I don't give compliments easily but you listened and we managed to get through what I believe to be the hardest part of the warehouse."


Jo: "Thanks, I guess...I can't help but feel there's a hideen agenda."


James: "If you're not interested in compliments I'll take it back."
Jo: "Sorry. It's just that you hardly gave me a second look ever since the first mission."


James: "We just have different goals. Can you tell me why you joined?"


Jo: "Oh...well...I guess for myself. I'm trying to make myself more known to the public ever since my foray into theatre. It's so different from screen acting."


James: "I can relate. Earning money is tough."

Jo: "It is but I also enjoy doing it. It's a different experience and a lot of fun. There are no do-overs. Everything is live. In a sense, my past experience singing has prepared me for this."


James: "So you don't regret your past?"
Jo: "That's a weird question. Why would I? In the past I was ashamed of my start as a Sing-o-gram girl, but I learned a lot from that, and it helped launch my career into singing."


Jo: "Why do you ask? Do you hate your past?"
James: "It's something out of my control."


James: "To me, you seem like the happiest contestant here. I think that's a rare trait to have. I can respect that and I formally apologise for my behaviour earlier this season."




Jo: "Oh, no, no, you don't need to apologise. I think you can be happy too, as long as your mind is in the right place. Have a job you like and others to care about. Life becomes more enriching that way."

*
*
*


Kelly: "Yucks, who made a mess of the toilet?"


Kelly: "Whoever made the mess should be forced to clean this."


Kelly: "How did it even get so dirty? It's like moss."


Kelly: "I have so many things to do. Does this arsehole think I'm free?"


Kelly: "I'm so worn out from schoolwork, housework, work work, and now the Smole too."


Kelly: "I am not the maid here nor am I the mother. If they can't learn how to take care of themselves then they live with the consequences."


Kelly: "Wow, I must be really tired. I can't believe I'm complaining to a toilet bowl."

*
*
*

***

Jo: "We found out it was Brianna's birthday. We thought we should plan a surprise birthday party for her. Things are always too tense in the Smole house. It would be nice for a change if we stopped competing with each other and celebrated together."

***


Jo: "We should do it. It'll be fun."
Apollo: "Only if I take charge."
James: "Don't worry. There aren't any exemptions involved. I'm going to take a back seat for this one."


Jo: "So everyone is on board? Great!"


James: "I'm not going to get involved much but I won't stand in your way either."
Jo: "We have so many things we need to prepare, like decorations and the birthday cake."
Max: "Cake? That's unhealthy. I ate cabbage sandwiches for my birthday when I was a child."
Apollo: "That's so sad. I always hold extravagant birthday parties for myself. Only the best guests get on the invite list."


Max: "That's why I switched to protein shakes instead. Birthdays are not cheat days."


Jo: "Apollo, you sound like you have a lot of experience hosting birthday parties."


Kelly: "We don't need it to be too complex. Just a baked cake and a birthday song will do."


Apollo: "Shut up Kelly. Nobody wanted your opinion. I'll be supervisor. Kelly, you clean the place up..."


Kelly: "Cunt."


James: "In case you didn't realise, we were filming. There are a lot of things we can't do, like going out to buy stuff."
Max: "We have to improvise. Maybe we don't need decorations. Brianna seems to be the practical sort. But we should have presents. I bet she would appreciate a black exemption..."


James: "Nice try. What would Guillermo do? Guillermo?"


Guillermo: "Huh? Sorry, I was blanking out."


Guillermo: "You were talking about birthdays, right? Brianna would appreciate it as long as it wasn't too cringey."


Jo: "This is so exciting. We'll make this a memorable birthday party for her."

***

Apollo: "In the end we held a simple one because we couldn't buy presents and making handmade ones were too cringe and took too much time. Ain't nobody got time for Brianna. It's not the party I would be seen hosting but I suppose it will do for Brianna."

***


James: "Brianna, there is something you need to see."


Brianna: "James, just the man I was looking for."


James: "The quiz is coming up soon and I have something to discuss with you."


Brianna: "I hope you will save your black exemption."


Brianna: "I'm going to be honest here. I want to use my silver exemption now. It feels right. But I can't if you will use the black exemption too."


Brianna: "Can I count on you?"


James: "Thanks for humouring me but you wasted your breath."


Brianna: "You're going to use your exemption now?"
James: "I have already reached a decision and nobody else can try to sway me."


Brianna: "You won't even entertain me?"


James: "There will be plenty others who will entertain you."
Brianna: "What do you mean?"
James: "Step outside and you'll know."


Brianna: "What's going on?"


Jo: "Surprise! Happy birthday Brianna!"
Brianna: "How did you know?"


Brianna: "You too, James?"
James: "I was dragged into this. Now go and enjoy your birthday."


Brianna: "Wow guys. I don't know what to say."


Jo: "Make a wish."


Brianna: "Okay."


Brianna: "This is such a surprise."


Brianna: "Who made this cake, by the way?"


Apollo: "I did."
Brianna: "It looks hideous."
Apollo: "I meant to say that I instructed Jo to do it."
Jo: "What?"


Brianna: "I appreciate the effort though."


Brianna: "I didn't expect to celebrate my birthday at all on the Smole."


Brianna: "I'm going to remember this day."


Brianna: "Thanks guys. Really."

***
Brianna: "I was so shocked. I didn't expect anyone to find out about my birthday, let alone celebrate. I didn't expect any of them to care but all of them came together today. It's a nice feeling to know that despite how competitive we are, we can still have fun as friends."

***

It is time for the quiz.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: In the season the current Mole was runner-up, was that Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female
C: There was no Mole


Q3: What is the Mole's hair colour?
A: Black
B: Blonde
C: Brown

Q4: In Mission 4, which car was the Mole in?
A: Green
B: Gold


Q5: Did the Mole drive in Mission 4?
A: Yes 
B: No

Q6: In Mission 4, how many teddy bears did the Mole find?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 2


Q7: Did the Mole bring a teddy bear out safely in Mission 4?
A: Yes
B: No



Q8: Which group was the Mole in in Mission 4?
A: First group
B: Second group
C: Third group


Q9: In Mission 4, who did the Mole immobilise?
A: Shooter Diane and Shooter Simon
B: Shooter Zed
C: Shooter Cora, Shooter Nick and Shooter Anyw
D: Nobody



Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Apollo Bloom
B: Brianna McWinner
C: Jo Lin
D: Guillermo Ichtaca
E: Zhao Qun
F: James Christian Sol
G: Kelly Hoggart

*
*
*


"Contestants, you have just celebrated a joyous occasion but not everybody can have their cake and eat it too. This will be the last time you will be a group of seven because this evening one more of you will be executed."


"Brianna, you have used your silver exemption. However, James has the black exemption. Whether you are guaranteed to survive this execution depends not on yourself but on James."


"James, you had a bronze exemption. This guarantees that you will not be executed in the event of a tie. However, you also had a black exemption which would negate all other exemptions if played. james Christian Sol, did you play your black exemption?"






































































































James: "I did."


Brianna: "What?! James, how could you? You knew I was going to play my exemption."
"This means James will be safe this round, but nobody else will be."


"Brianna McWinner, without your exemption, will you survive execution?"
Brianna: "I had better. This would be the worst birthday if I was executed because of James."


































































































































































































"You are safe."
Brianna: "Good."


"Kelly Hoggart."
Kelly: "That was a dick move, James."















































































































































































































"You are safe."


"Apollo Bloom."
Apollo: "This house can't bear to lose a pretty face."



















































































































































































"You are safe."


"Zhao Qun."
Max: "Haven't been called for a while."















































































































































































































"You are safe."


"Jo Lin."
Jo: "It's either me or Guillermo. Of course I hope it's not me."






































































































































































































"Jo Lin, unfortunately you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Jo: "I guessed as much."
Guillermo: "Phew."
Max: "Oh, you were so nice and helped us bond together. This is really a surprise."


Apollo: "I don't have any problems with you. There are so many other contestants who should be going home instead."
Jo: "Thanks I guess?"
James: "Brianna, you should thank me. Not only were you not executed, but you also now know you are definitely not the lowest scorer or second lowest. It is too bad that Jo had to leave though. We worked well in that last mission."


Jo: "I had only one Mole in mind so I know that my Mole is definitely wrong. Now I don't have to worry if I'm on the right track at least. I did enjoy myself while it lasted and am glad to have been able to celebrate Brianna's birthday with the rest of the cast before leaving. Goodbye guys. I hope you have fun and catch the Mole."
"Thank you for joining, Jo. We hope to see you again."



Jo's birthday gift to Brianna is her execution. No exemptions are left to use but there are still plenty to collect. Who will get the next exemption? What will the next exemption be? Who will be executed next? Who is the Mole?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!