Sunday 23 June 2019

45.06-I got the power


In the previous episode of the Smole, the contestants had to battle it out on a giant board to try and be the winner of a golden exemption. In the end, Max came out top and received it but not all walked away empty-handed. 80/150 points were brought in, making the pot 186/450 points, and James managed to get an ordinary exemption for himself. The golden exemption can save everyone if Max is the lowest scorer overall. What will Max do? Will anyone go home in this episode?

***


Max: "I got the power to decide what to do. Some of them came to plead with me to fail the quiz on purpose so that everyone can stay whereas others told me to do my best. I did earn this exemption and it would be a waste if I went home immediately after this because my overall score got pulled down. But I also want everyone to make it past this mission. Are there any divination lots I can draw to decide?"

***


James: "I can't believe Max got the exemption. What happened to the former Exemption Queen?"
Brianna: "Stop rubbing it in. We all know you managed to get an exemption yourself."
Guillermo: "Do you think we should speak to Max to tell him to fail? If he gets the lowest out of all of us we'll be saved."
Kelly: "That won't be fair to him. He earned it. He deserves to do his best and not sacrifice his score for the rest of us."


Brianna: "But if he does end up pulling his overall score down, isn't that good news for the rest of us? It means he has a higher chance of leaving after that as long as he doesn't claim another exemption."
James: "I'm with Kelly on this one. Let the man do whatever he wants with his exemption."
Brianna: "I thought you would side with me on this, James."


Kelly: "We all fought hard in our respective seasons and we're all here trying to win and not be executed early. Imagine how you would feel if you were the one with the golden exemption and everyone was telling you to just sabotage yourself for everyone else."


James: "It's a short-term goal. There's no point wasting your breath trying to convince Max to increase his odds of execution in the long run. He's smarter than that."
Brianna: "You're just saying that because you don't want your exemption to be wasted. Guillermo, what do you say?"


Guillermo: "I think it is the duty of a golden exemption holder to save us. That's what it was designed for. If I had the exemption I would gladly do badly on the quiz, just enough to save everyone. I have confidence in my previous quizzes to help me."
James: "That's all hypothetical. We don't know what you'll truly do if you had the exemption."


Apollo: "That's just so disgusting. They're clamouring over Max. He's getting all the attention when it should be me, me!"

*
*
*


Apollo: "I don't see why you guys are trying so hard. He could be the Mole for all we know. He could lie to us."


Jo: "It's still worth a shot, Apollo. Max, won't you consider?"
Max: "I'm being bombarded the moment I come here."


Kelly: "I personally think you can disregard them. They're selfish arseholes who are trying to benefit from you and get the rewards even though they didn't earn them."
Max: "So you're not in favour of me doing badly?"


Max: "If you were the ones to get the golden exemption, what would you do?"


Kelly: "I would play it as per normal. I won't bother trying to save anybody."
Jo: "I would fail on purpose to help the rest. We're fortunate enough to have survived the whole way once but not everyone has. I've seen my sister suffer because of that before.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone."


Apollo: "I wouldn't fucking care about the rest of them. In fact, I should be getting it. Don't count on be to save your asses unless you give me something good in return."


Bloom: "Honestly, I don't see why you even care about the opinions of others? This is a selfish game. Do what is best for your game."


Max: "I'm weighing all the options. I hear both sides and I'm trying to reach a decision."

*
*
*


Max: "Who's that?"


James: "It's me."


Max: "Oh hey. Are you here to convince me to use my golden exemption to help you?"


James: "No...not exactly."


Max: "No? Then what are you here for?"


James: "I'll share with you something suspicious I noticed on one condition."
Max: "What's that?"


James: "You don't flunk the quiz on purpose."
Max: "That's it?"


Max: "You're going to give me information for just doing the quiz well? That sounds too good to be true."
James: "Do you need it in black and white?"


Max: "That's not necessary, bro. I trust you."
James: "We should make this clear. This deal does not bring us closer together. Keep your 'bro' to someone else."


James: "I'm expecting to see someone get executed. I hope you honour your deal."
Max: "I hope you honour yours."

*
*
*



Apollo: "Ew, what are you doing?"
Bloom: "Pulling the weeds."
Apollo: "I'm not blind. Why are you doing it? It's so dirty."


Bloom: "This house needs some proper landscaping."


Bloom: "And I'm not afraid to get down and dirty, if you catch my drift."


Apollo: "So you like gardening?"
Bloom: "Let's just say I like my lawn...and men...properly 'scaped."


Bloom: "I think I could learn a thing or two from you, you smooth man."
Apollo: "I am pretty smooth."


Bloom: "Care to help me?"


Apollo: "Ugh, no. I'm wearing a white shirt. It's designer. I don't want to ruin it."
Bloom: "I think you just don't want it ruined in the wrong hands."


Bloom: "Come on, I'm sure a strong, helpful man like you won't leave me in the lurch, right?"


Apollo: "I hate labour."
Bloom: "Think of it as showing off your skills. For me."
Apollo: "My shirt though.."
Bloom: "I can help you with that."


Bloom: "There, now you don't have to worry about it getting dirty."


Apollo: "Did you just tuck my shirt in your dress?"
Bloom: "I'm helping you to safekeep it. That way you don't have to worry about soiling your shirt. I can't help you if you soil your pants though. ;)"


Apollo: "Are you flirting with me? I don't blame you. I'm the most attractive one here. I'm a model for fuck's sake. You must be interested in me."
Bloom: "What if I am? What are you going to do?"


Apollo: "You've got me all hot now."


Apollo: "Let this sexy beast kiss you."


Bloom: "Nuh-uh."
Apollo: "Hey, let me kiss you!"


Bloom: "It's not that simple. You haven't helped me at all yet. You've got to earn the kiss."


Apollo: "If I want to kiss someone, I kiss someone. Nobody's stopping me."


Bloom: "I'm not stopping you. I'm just...delaying the inevitable. I'm sure you know how delaying things makes the final outcome all the more enjoyable."


Apollo: "Fine. Just for you. But nobody can know about this. I have a reputation to keep. And I need gloves first."
Bloom: "You know, you're right. Those soft, silky hands of yours shouldn't be wasted on pulling weeds."


Bloom: "Maybe, you can help me in other ways? You're so smart, I'm sure you know who the Mole is already."
Apollo: "I don't...I mean, of course I do! It's..."


Bloom: "Who is it? You can tell me. You know I don't kiss and tell. I trust you, Apollo. Don't you trust me."
Apollo: "It's Brianna."

*
*
*


Guillermo: "Ah, the warm sun. Reminds me of home."


Guillermo: "Say Kelly, do you have any children?"
Kelly: "No."
Guillermo: "Oh. Why not?"
Kelly: "I'm not married."


Guillermo: "But you're...50, right?"


Kelly: "Yes, and so? My life is only just beginning. I'm still in university."


Guillermo: "Well, do you ever hope to have a family of your own one day?"
Kelly: "I'm happy with the single life. My brother is my family. We've got each other. That's enough."


Guillermo: "Understandable. At this age it's hard to find someone who'll love you anyway."
Kelly: "Excuse me? I'll have you know I'm still highly sought after. My ex boyfriend wanted to reconcile."


Guillermo: "Really? He's single too?"
Kelly: "What do you mean by that?"


Guillermo: "Nothing...so, did you say yes?"

***


Kelly: "For those who have seen Season 41...hi there. You see me again. You probably remember how I'm hopelessly single. Not that I care. Being this old means you don't give a rat's ass about unimportant things. You may remember how my friend Gary's sister Mia died. After the Smole I wanted to be there for him. His mother looked so horrible. I don't know why I was afraid of her in the past. She's a harmless old woman now who doesn't remember me and thinks I'm her dead daughter. Things are just so awkward between us now. I thought my life should be quieter at this stage. Instead it's like I'm living through my 20s all over again."

***


Jo: "Katelyn was my backup suspect. Now that she's gone, I only have one Mole left. I hope it's the right one. Oh, I really hope Max will use his exemption wisely."


***


*
*
*

It is time for the quiz.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: Did the Mole suspect the correct Mole in the season they were runner-up?
A: Yes
B: No


Q3: Where is the Mole from?
A: Bridgeport
B: Isla Paradiso
C: Australia
D: China
E: New York
F: Others

Q4: In Mission 3, what was the colour of the Mole's umbrella?
A: Red
B: Orange
C: Yellow
D: Green
E: Blue
F: Pink
G: White
H: Grey


Q5: In which order did the Mole move in Mission 3?
A: First
B: Second
C: Third
D: Fourth
E: Fifth
F: Sixth
G: Seventh
H: Eighth


Q6: Whose turn was directly after the Mole's in Mission 3?
A: Bloom Phine
B: Apollo Bloom
C: Brianna McWinner
D: Jo Lin
E: Guillermo Ichtaca
F: Zhao Qun
G: James Christian Sol
H: Kelly Hoggart
I: Nobody


Q7: In Mission 3, how many points did the Mole collect?
A: 0
B: 10
C: 20


Q8: In Mission 3, in which order was the Mole trapped?
A: First
B: Second
C: Third
D: Fourth
E: Fifth
F: Sixth
G: Seventh
H: The Mole was disqualified
I: The Mole survived


Q9: In Mission 3, how many rounds did the Mole survive?
A: 6
B: 8
C: 9
D: 11
E: 12


Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Bloom Phine
B: Apollo Bloom
C: Brianna McWinner
D: Jo Lin
E: Guillermo Ichtaca
F: Zhao Qun
G: James Christian Sol
H: Kelly Hoggart

*
*
*


"Contestants, two of you have received an exemption preventing you from going home today. While James can sit in the cushy couch inside, Max is out here for the rest of you. His actions in the quiz decided your fate. Whether anyone will be going home today will depend on how well he did."
Jo: "Max, I hope you did the right thing."


"Jo Lin, let us begin with you."
Jo: "What?"


































































































































































"Jo, you are safe."


"Apollo Bloom."
Apollo: "The previous mission was rigged. I should have had the exemption."

































































































































































































































































































































"Apollo, you are safe."


"Brianna McWinner."
Brianna: "If I go home with an exemption in my hand..."

































































































































































































































































































































































































































































"Brianna, you are safe."


"Kelly Hoggart."
Kelly: "Come on...I worked hard for this..."



































































































































































































































































































"Kelly, you are safe."


"Guillermo Ichtaca."


































































































































































































































































































































































































































































"Guillermo, you are safe."


"Bloom Phine, you are the last contestant left. You could be executed, or you could be safe, meaning that Max is the lowest."
Bloom: "Well, there's no point delaying the inevitable."











































































































































































































































































"Bloom, you are unfortunately the next to be executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Guillermo: "Oh."
Brianna: "How could that be?"
Kelly: "Oh, Bloom, I'm so sorry."
Apollo: "Damn, the one fine lady who appreciates me."
Jo: "You're joking right?"


Max: "Bloom, sorry. I tried my best...I mean worst...but..."
Bloom: "You did what you had to do. You don't have to explain things to me."


Bloom: "I should have seen this coming. I had too much information from different sources. It's going to be embarrassing facing my family now. I promised them I would get into the finale."


"Thank you for joining, Bloom. We hope to see you again."


Brianna's coalition has been reduced to half now that Bloom has been executed. Did Max really do his worst but not bad enough to save Bloom, or was he lying?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!