Tuesday 18 June 2019

45.04-Road of shame


In the last episode, the contestants took part in a spelling bee. Everyone but Bloom managed to get at least one word correct and James had the most (3 words), so he got a bronze exemption. Out of 200 points possible, only 96 were earned thanks to the clues spent. 106/300 points are currently in the pot and this is the amount that one contestant will see before leaving. Who will be executed next?

***


James: "Bloom got nothing, Kelly, Katelyn and Apollo were aggressively wasting clues, and Jo, Brianna and Guillermo were hardly involved. In other words, everyone's acting fishy. But I know I need concrete evidence to pinpoint the Mole."

***


James: "You seem more relaxed than you were back in Egypt."
Max: "I learned to take things easy."


James: "It's never a good idea to let your guard down, but who am I to stop you?"


Max: "This sounds cheesy but I changed for the better. I look out for others now and feel less tense in general."


James: "It may be the wine talking or the fact that it's your second time here."


Max: "I just don't want to go back to being the selfish guy who cares only about himself and his goals. I want to win and find the right Mole but I won't compromise by teammates for it."


James: "How naive of you to say."
Max: "Don't tell me you'll be willing to kick your friends aside to win."
James: "If I do there won't be any hard feelings. It's innate to the game to stab each other's backs."


James: "I do what it takes to survive. It's gotten me to where I am today, making big money with a successful career. Nobody can tell me what to do."


Max: "I thought my parents raised me poorly but at least they taught me morals."
James: "You don't bring my family into this."


James: "I have no family anyway. My only guardian died while I was filming the Smole, and by the time I got out it was too late...I took it as a sign that there was only one way forward after that."


James: "I just think you've lost your gusto. We could have worked together."

*
*
*


Brianna: "Do you think Katelyn was being completely honest?"
Bloom: "I believe her. She's not that smart or ballsy to lie to us. I think it boiled down to luck, like in the mission. She managed to get two words spelled correctly."


Bloom: "Which means we need her to continue going only for James. We need to observe a little longer to determine if he's the Mole."
Brianna: "But our target's Apollo, not Katelyn."


Bloom: "Don't be naive. They're from the same city. They'll jump at the chance to betray us. Apollo would and Katelyn will follow."
Brianna: "This is why I prefer working alone."
Bloom: "Guilty conscience?"


Brianna: "What? No. I swear I'm loyal to the coalition."


Brianna: "It's just that I've seen my fair share of schemers, especially back in my season. You remember Ezekiel? He won over the house only to betray them later on."


Brianna: "So I know a schemer when I see one. And I know you're cooking something big."
Bloom: "We're all upping the stakes here because we want to win. Ultimately while Katelyn is good to keep around to the end, if she has to be collateral damage so be it."


Brianna: "I had better not find out that you're working with someone else or plotting against me."
Bloom: "Trust me. You won't. I only reveal what I want to reveal."
Brianna: "Too bad I'm not a man."

*
*
*



Apollo: "And...that's it. That's all I have. Now it's your turn to share."


Katelyn: "What I have is exactly the same as what you have."
Apollo: "Then what's the point? I know I'm amazing but you can't just solely depend on me."


Katelyn: "Yes I can. You did it too!"
Apollo: "Did not! I worked extremely hard and got to the end by my own merit."


Katelyn: "Did you now? Are you sure you didn't rely on a certain Matthew Hamming to get to the end and not even realise he was the Mole?"


Apollo: "Shut up. You weren't even there."
Katelyn: "But I watched the season. Besides, I'm not judging. I think it's a genius way to get to the end without lifting a finger."

*
*
*


Kelly: "You look sad."
Jo: "I am sad."


Jo: "My first and so far only friend in this game has been executed. Coming here hasn't really had much meaning for me other than to boost my presence. At least last time I could push through with a goal in mind to help my sister, but now that I'm playing for myself...I know I should treasure this chance. I just think true friends are rare to find and harder to keep."


Kelly: "Snap out of it!"
Jo: "Hey!"


Kelly: "Are you that dense? Bryan doesn't want to be friends with you. He's just using you to take shortcuts."


Jo: "He's not like that. I understand him. I've been in that position of trying to change career paths too."


Kelly: "Didn't you do field research?"
Jo: "Huh?"
Kelly: "In Season 36 he used Song Wu to try and break into acting. He planned to scandalise her and replace her in her next movie."


Jo: "Those are rumours. He told me about them. He's not that kind of guy. He just wanted advice from a veteran."
Kelly: "Oi, if you're gonna be this stubborn then I won't waste my breath talking to you."

*
*
*


Guillermo: "Who broke the sink?"


Guillermo: "I need to fix it."


Guillermo: "If I didn't live on an island I would be really upset that my shirt is wet."


Katelyn: "Yo Mo, whatcha up to?"
Guillermo: "...Mo?"
Katelyn: "Yeah, Mo! Because your real name is way too long to pronounce, it's like a spelling bee word!"
Guillermo: "Don't remind me. I felt so stupid there."


Katelyn: "It looks like you're doing something boring. Time to liven it up with!"
Guillermo: "What the...you bring your own boombox?"


Guillermo: "I'm trying to concentrate."
Katelyn: "Who says you can't do chores while listening to music and having fun?"


Katelyn: "Just groove to the music as you fix that sink!"


Katelyn: "Don't forget to shake that booty."


Katelyn: "Woo! I love this song! This is a great song to pump you up and get you into a fixing mood."


Guillermo: "It is pretty catchy."
Katelyn: "Of course! I have great taste! Just turn that wrench each time you feel that 'oomph'!"


Guillermo: "I'm done. That was...interesting. I've never fixed things while grooving to music before."
Katelyn: "You haven't? You've led a very sheltered life."


Guillermo: "Excuse me? You're one to talk."
Katelyn: "Now that you're done, can you dance with me?"


Guillermo: "It's getting late and I need to study for the quiz."
Katelyn: "Oh come on, not you too! Why is everyone here a nerd? I just got out of studying and I'm bored. I need to take a break."
Guillermo: "I suppose this will keep me energised and stress down."


Katelyn: "Yeah, I'm totally helping your...uh...production here."
Guillermo: "Productivity, you mean?"
Katelyn: "No. Do you think I'm stupid? I clearly meant production."


Katelyn: "Sometimes in life you've just gotta let your hair down and partaay! Otherwise everyone will be too tense and mopey every day. Can you just feel the gunpowder in here already?"
Guillermo: "You do spout some wise words for a...you."
Katelyn: "Less talking, more dancing!"

*
*
*


It is time for the quiz.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: What is the Mole's occupation?
A: Singer
B: Squad leader
C: Kitchen Scullion
D: Beverage Consultant
E: Gym Owner
F: Lawyer
G: Weightlifter
H: Part-time bookstore clerk
I: Unemployed


Q3: On which floor does the Mole sleep at night?
A: First floor
B: Second floor

Q4: Does the Mole share a room with anyone else currently?
A: Yes
B: No


Q5: In Mission 2, which row was the Mole seated at?
A: First row, closest to TV
B: Middle row
C: Back row


Q6: In Mission 2, how many words did the Mole spell correctly?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 2
D: 3


Q7: In Mission 2, how many times did the Mole ask for a clue?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 2
D: 3
E: 4


Q8: In Mission 2, how many times did the Mole press the buzzer to spell a word?
A: 1
B: 2
C: 3
D: 4
E: 5


Q9: Which word did the Mole fail to spell?
A: Eczema
B: Cerise
C: Esquamulose
D: Pococurante
E: Otorhinolaryngologist
F: Floccinaucinihilipilification
G: The Mole did not spell a word wrongly


Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Bloom Phine
B: Katelyn Missoni
C: Apollo Bloom
D: Brianna McWinner
E: Jo Lin
F: Guillermo Ichtaca
G: Zhao Qun
H: James Christian Sol
I: Kelly Hoggart

*
*
*


"Contestants, you are back here again not to spell words but to spell your fate. Tonight, one of you will walk the road of shame like Bryan Seacrest did."


"Zhao Qun."
Max: "Come on, come on..."









































































































































































































































"You are safe."


"James Christian Sol."
James: "I thought I was exempt?"
"You received a bronze exemption. If you are the only one with the lowest score you will still be going home."





























































































































































































































"You are safe."
James: "That means I didn't score the lowest, or I did but there was a tie."


"Bloom Phine."
Bloom: "I haven't felt the need to be so worried in a long time."




















































































































































































































"You are also safe."


"Katelyn Missoni."
Katelyn: "Will I be safe?"



































































































































































































































"Unfortunately, Katelyn Missoni, you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Katelyn: "What? Boo!"


Katelyn: "This sucks. I was barely scratching the surface. There's still so much more fun to be had."
Apollo: "I told you I'm better than you."
Max: "Hey, don't diss your coalition partner like that."


Katelyn: "I had loads of fun. Thought I had it in the bag when I survived the first execution but I guess not. Oh well. I'm sure the rest will have fun without me and I did help my coalition. I BELIEVE IN YOU, SINGLE SISTERS AND APOLLO!"
Brianna: "I want to stress that she came up with the name."
Bloom: "The single means we come from before Season 10. Though it could also mean something else...but then I would have to leave the coalition."


Katelyn: "Buh-bye!"


"Thank you for joining Katelyn. We hope to see you soon."


Katelyn the party girl was sent packing. Was she wrong about her Mole? If so, who is the Mole?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!